Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? (920 Views)

Lady In Shambles, After Man Leaves Her With 70k Bill At A Restaurant (pics) / How A Man Was Looking At A Ladys Backside At A Restaurant That Got People Talkin / Òjukokoro - See What This Lady Was Spotted Doing At A Restaurant That's Got Peop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2021
Have you ever gone into a restaurant that looked unappealing from the outside but ended up having delicious food? If so, where and what did you order?

So I visited my friend at Amuwo Odofin and didn't want to disturb him for food after our meeting. Menh I needed to eat good food, I was famished .
When I get to heaven, I will ask Angel why God created the stomach, that body part no Sabi APC government.

There was no good restaurant on my route. Only what Lagosian called buka. Don't get me wrong, it is not a thing of pride but I strongly believe only good restaurants have good food. Secondly, there are lots of stories every day about food poisoning from roadside buka. I am very mindful of what I consume. I love good food
So I ask someone where I can eat good food. Trust Lagosian to give you no specific directions �. Well, I couldn't get a good place so I ended up in one buka.

The place was pretty spartan inside and empty even though it was roughly lunchtime. But the staff was friendly and the food looked interesting.

When my food arrived, I was greeted with a stunning plate, brimming with delicious foods. I can't recall the name of the dish, but I think there was rice and beef,orisilisi, ( I don't know if I got the name right), some fried plantains. It was a hot dish and very tasteful. The price of the food is way below what I expected. I have value for my money.
My perception of buka changed that day. Sometimes good things come from unexpected places.
Share your experience. Have a great day. Hope you enjoy your day.

3 Likes

Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2021
cheesy
Yeah.........That should be in Niger state,back then in 2015.......I swore never to taste any hausa dishes, sorry to say this,but my perception changed the day I walked into mama Mohammed's buka which was just opposite the NBF workshop which I was working in......Na when the madam dish the rice and stew come give me, I was forced to ask her--"madam,you don travel go south before?" She smiled,said no and asked why.......I felt it'd be like an act of insult to tell her about how I feels about her tribe's dishes.... So I replied her by saying nothing madam...

But one thing I learned from that day was that we shouldn't really write off some people Simply because of what we've heard about the...... Travel so that make you for see things with your own eyes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by Lawlab249: 8:59am On Oct 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by cooooooks(m): 9:07am On Oct 22, 2021
In Lagos a few years ago. The restaurant wasn't so nice but I went in. Ordered a Yoruba swallow special, can't remember exactly.

The food was delicious and I reprimanded myself for judging the appearance.

Anyways, my toilet heard "wiih" that night.

4 Likes

Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by Bombastically00(m): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2021
They are good food from buka but their sourrounding and hygiene irritates me..
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by brosom(m): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2021
Same apply to our real life relationship with people be it man or woman,

No be every girl/boy wey fine for face or rich go fit give u peace of mind and a relaxed life.

Most of us get peace of mind from people we least expected..!!

Never judge things by their looks, location and environment. cool

3 Likes

Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
Yeah.........That should be in Niger state, back then in 2015.......I swore never to taste any Hausa dishes, sorry to say this, but my perception changed the day I walked into mama Mohammed's buka which was just opposite the NBF workshop in which I was working......Na when the madam dish the rice and stew come give me, I was forced to ask her--"madam, you don travel go south before?" She smiled, said no and asked why.......I felt it'd be like an act of insult to tell her about how I feel about her tribe's dishes... So I replied to her by saying, nothing madam...

But one thing I learned from that day was that we shouldn't write off some people Simply because of what we've heard about the...... Travel so that make you for seeing things with your own eyes cheesy
. My girl makes me eat Amala. It was that day I know the meaning of never say never. I enjoyed that meal.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:15am On Oct 22, 2021
brosom:

No be every girl wey fine for face go fit give u peace of mind and a relaxed life.

Most of us get peace of mind from people we least expected..!! Oga you too like woman matter( na joke) talk about food

Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:15am On Oct 22, 2021
Bombastically00:
They are good food from buka but their sourrounding and hygiene irritates me..
. I have same feeling but hunger no be our mate. If only we can have sensitive people in leadership.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by Candidlady: 9:16am On Oct 22, 2021
brosom:

No be every girl wey fine for face go fit give u peace of mind and a relaxed life.

Most of us get peace of mind from people we least expected..!!

how girl matter use enter this discusion now?

you need help! Spiritual, physical and material help

1 Like

Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by brosom(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2021
Candidlady:

how girl matter use enter this discusion now?

you need help! Spiritual, physical and material help
Not my fault You lack a simple understanding, thus why u perish., may God help u.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. My girl makes me eat Amala. It was that day I know the meaning of never say never. I enjoyed that meal.
cheesy amala na everybody mate na cheesy
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by brosom(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=sirjamesjnr post=106956082][/quote] My quote is not for every one to understand.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by Candidlady: 9:19am On Oct 22, 2021
brosom:
Not my fault You lack a simple understanding, thus why u perish., may God help u.

thank you
so long god is helping me
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by brosom(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=sirjamesjnr post=106956082][/quote] My quote is not for everyone to understand.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy amala na everybody mate na cheesy
. Now I am the one asking for a Amala, nothing love no fit do.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. Now I am the one asking for a Amala, nothing love no fit do.
grin. Eyahhhhh,that kind love cheesy
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by brosom(m): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2021
Candidlady:

thank you
so long god is helping me
we're good wink
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin. Eyahhhhh,that kind love cheesy
. It's out of this when you are with the right person. No manipulation, cheating, lying and Bs
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2021
brosom:
we're good wink
. I love that. No negative energy. Do well to hug her.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by brosom(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. I love that. No negative energy. Do well to hug her.
I wish we do grin

Life's simple when wisdom/understanding is applied, though not really easy, but u can save ur self from alot with it.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. It's out of this when you are with the right person. No manipulation, cheating, lying and Bs
. You aren't far from the truth cool
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by MRDEE01: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2021
Yes.
Plenty well packaged amala joints in abuja,
But there fooda is nothing to write home about.

Until some ladies ordered my ride to Kado to eat amala one day.

The restaurant is near a mechanic workshop,the place was built with zinc,no branding or packaging whatsoever,but their amala and ewedu is the best in abuja.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:31am On Oct 22, 2021
Sonnobax15:
. You aren't far from the truth cool
. Don't settle for less. Look at the content. Character is everything.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2021
MRDEE01:
Yes.
Plenty well packaged amala joints in abuja,
But there fooda is nothing to write home about.

Until some ladies ordered my ride to Kado to eat amala one day.

The restaurant is near a mechanic workshop,the place was built with zinc,no branding or packaging whatsoever,but their amala and ewedu is the best in Abuja. I heard that lists that you can eat good food near mechanic workshop

Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=sirjamesjnr post=106956692][/quote] I have heard that gists that you can eat good food near mechanic workshops.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2021
brosom:
I wish we do grin

Life's simple when wisdom/understanding is applied, though not really easy, but u can save ur self from alot with it.
. You are the man show some maturity. God bless your day
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by brosom(m): 9:57am On Oct 22, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. You are the man show some maturity. God bless your day
Enjoy ur weekend wink
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
Have you ever gone into a restaurant that looked unappealing from the outside but ended up having delicious food? If so, where and what did you order?

So I visited my friend at Amuwo Odofin and didn't want to disturb him for food after our meeting. Menh I needed to eat good food, I was famished .
When I get to heaven, I will ask Angel why God created the stomach, that body part no Sabi APC government.

There was no good restaurant on my route. Only what Lagosian called buka. Don't get me wrong, it is not a thing of pride but I strongly believe only good restaurants have good food. Secondly, there are lots of stories every day about food poisoning from roadside buka. I am very mindful of what I consume. I love good food
So I ask someone where I can eat good food. Trust Lagosian to give you no specific directions �. Well, I couldn't get a good place so I ended up in one buka.

The place was pretty spartan inside and empty even though it was roughly lunchtime. But the staff was friendly and the food looked interesting.

When my food arrived, I was greeted with a stunning plate, brimming with delicious foods. I can't recall the name of the dish, but I think there was rice and beef,orisilisi, ( I don't know if I got the name right), some fried plantains. It was a hot dish and very tasteful. The price of the food is way below what I expected. I have value for my money.
My perception of buka changed that day. Sometimes good things come from unexpected places.
Share your experience. Have a great day. Hope you enjoy your day.

which buka is this? I want to go. Do they have Amala?

The best bukas don't have big signboard. You will just see big cars parked around.
Re: Hve You Ever Gone Into A Restaurant That Looked Unappealing From The Outside? by sirjamesjnr(m): 5:55pm On Oct 22, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
which buka is this? I want to go. Do they have Amala?

The best bukas don't have big signboards. You will just see big cars parked around.
. Ife mi, It is at Amuwo Odofin. I may take you there, as for Amala, I didn't care to ask.

(1) (Reply)

How Is This Possible On Whatsapp? / Your Good Character Is Completely Useless Without Virginity / Is This True About Men And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.