Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? (47540 Views)

Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy / Which Of These Soups Is Best With Akpu? / Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Geekop: 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2021
That's not all...
What about white soup, black soup and the rest smiley smiley
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by sylva1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
Is gbegiri a soup on its own? I thought its a sauce that accompanies Ewedu soup
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Grandmeister(m): 3:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
EraseTheDot:
Honestly, ibos don't really have soups, they borrowed their cuisines from Akwa ibom & Calabar. Asides, Egusi & Ogbona, nothing else.

-erase the dot
Lies. Ọha soup, achara soup, onugbu/bitter leaf soup etc. Afang is from the akwa ibomites, so is edikaikong soup.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by tchidi066(f): 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
I've tried all, except miyan kuka and gbegiri...

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Today007: 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
11 of them
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by placeofallure(f): 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
I don't really like swallow so I've only tasted a few of the soups and those are the only ones I can cook too.

Efo riro
Egusi plain
Egusi with vegetable
Ewedu
Okro (Ila Alasepo)

I'm not a foodie so I am not exactly inclined towards experimenting.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by funshint(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
Longsleeve:
I've tried 7.. Egusi still remains the best..

I don't think I will like Gbegiri and ewedu..

South south.
Gbegiri, Ewedu and Amala with correct Ogufe(goat meat). Walahi you will speak in tongues wink

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by eldeens: 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
I am a northener and I have tried all the soups except one Ofe Onugbu.. South-East and South-South are blessed with good soup, the worst is the North.

7 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by DavidEsq(m): 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Even if an Angel comes from heaven to inform me that eating Ewedu will stop all of Earth's problems.

Please, let the problems continue.

I'm not going to guzzle hydraulic fluid.
grin grin grin grin me too

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by mfm04622: 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
All.
Next question?
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by WispyEthereal: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
ichommy:
Tried All. Chop Miyan Kuka (BAOBAB LEAVES SOUP) very well with Tuwo Shinkafa when I dey North.
is it good?
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by 36STATES: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
FuckAllTheMODs:

M*mu colonization mentality keel you dia, what do you call it in Igbo language or south south part?
Moreover the leaf(or leaves) that is(are) used in preparing it is(are) not native to Yorubas.

They like to give everything their Yoruba names. Like none existent Ofada rice. Even rice grown in the north and east are called Ofada rice by average Yoruba man, even though there is no rice grown in Ofada in any significant quantity. They even have Abakeleke and Sokoto rice bagged and lebled Ofada rice.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by EMAXIM(m): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
I have tried all but 1, ofe nnaegbu or whatever.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
madjune:
With all fairness, what's gbegiri and ewedu doing on this list?

They look more like concoction than soup, to me.
Luckily, the question was directed to everyone and not just you. The world doesn't revolve around your bigoted yansh
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

See why Igbo people are a Nation.

You're comparing a single tribe, with a company of large tribes.

Ahn Ahn. And they only gave them 5 states.

Gowon you don't have sense sha

How many of the states given to them are viable today? Igbos are supposed to have only two states.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by AsawanaDgreat: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2021
Abeg make una serve me my Banga soup � I no fit shout
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by WispyEthereal: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2021
OP you didn't add white soup, ohwo soup, this your list is faaaar from complete oh

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by nairaman66(m): 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2021
Banga soup the best!!

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
SKhanmi:

Hydraulic fluid guzzler here. Do you know they sometimes add oil and sprinkle egusi in it? Have you seen one prepared with very light green leaves with iru & pete?, not the black nonsense OP posted? How about gbegiri? That one will definitely be like diesel when they mix it to you. Your brain will knock if you dare try am. Definitely sure you've only be seeing basic soups cooked by broke amateurs. Feel free to visit Ibadan for conversion.
And no, no angel will come and meet you, you're one of earth problems.
You're wasting your time explaining all these unnecessary stuff to him. If the fountain of youth exists in the Yoruba land, his hatred will never allow him have a taste of it.
You should be able to tell apart bigotry by now na

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Dhury: 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Miyan kuka is the best .is remain the most eating soup in Aso Rock
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
South-South has the best soups.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by sleekman(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
Clearly SS.
Between Esan & Efik. Efik has sweeter soups but Esan has the most soup in the country.

iamyemiakins:
Who get soup pass between South-East and South-South sef?!

Make I know where I go dey find babe from, I must try all these soups and more! tongue

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by greggng: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
I have not tried gbegiri
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by WispyEthereal: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
LoveFayfay:
'scuse me, what is miyan kuka
I've eaten all except this one.
One soup you don't judge by it looks is BLACK SOUP; from the Edo Benin's. It's so delicious....
it is true oh, OP didn't add black soup either, well sha, if a good cook handles black soup it is very enjoyable
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by WispyEthereal: 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
mrvitalis:
Where is fisherman soup ? Rivers native soup ? Atama ? Owerri soup ? ....the above listed soups are differently top 10 in Nigeria
chai! These men are just refreshing my memory, fisherman soup cheesy this is definitely top10

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by 36STATES: 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
EraseTheDot:
Honestly, ibos don't really have soups, they borrowed their cuisines from Akwa ibom & Calabar. Asides, Egusi & Ogbona, nothing else.

-erase the dot

You forgot the elephant in the room, ... Oha Soup or Ora Soup.

God bless your soul.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by delpee(f): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Even if an Angel comes from heaven to inform me that eating Ewedu will stop all of Earth's problems.

Ewedu is medicinal.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

I don't know but what I do know is that we south west don't have much soup probably just 3 or 4 popular soup variety and that's all

My Igbo family friend on the other hand is always cooking different stuff, they can afford to rotate soup for complete two months without repeating any variety, Yoruba options will be exhausted in less than 2 weeks of regular cooking considering you cook soup every four to five days
Get us the names of those soups make we know wetin we dey miss. undecided
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Yankee101: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2021
Say bitter leaf soup if not some won't understand

I don chop ALL
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by moneyissweet(m): 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hate speech... grin grin grin

Lala do your job.

TarOrfeeek:

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Jephyard(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
I have eaten all the soups except the last two. At op there are soups that cut across tribe or nation soups like Bitter Leaf Soup, Beans (Gbegiri) Soup, Vegetable Soup (Efo riro) Okra Soup, Egusi doesn't solely belong to any tribe. And by the way most tribe has their own black soup (the Ilaje, Benin, Igala etc has their own distinctive black soup)

Some soups like
Cassava Soup
White Soup
Corn Soup
Groundnut Soup
Beneseed Soup there are so many out there.

It just weird to me that I don't enjoy most Igbo native soup. It not just for me even with the hype. South south are the bomb when it come to soup

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by nedekid: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2021
I have tasted all but that miyan one. It seems to be Mala food. Certainly don't wanna try that crap. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Look At The Snake I Just Killed / What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? / When Last Did You Eat This??(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.