Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67836 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by tunjilana: 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
There are men willing to marry her....but hypergamy will not allow her see those men....she will still be looking up...If it was a man in this situation, all he needs to do is fly down to naija and pick some gal....but she will likely not d that....she will say it is marrying down

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by smasher1(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Isn’t that the standard? Blame everyone but yourself?

That is why I will continue to commend Linda Ikeji for having that boy. She did what a right thinking woman should do. Not taking postinor 2 at 38.

If you want a child and you can cater for that child, by all means have that child. Even small girls of 21 are having their babies. Then a grown financially independent woman in her late 30s is somewhere asking “hope you didn’t cum inside”. undecided undecided

People must talk. When they are done talking, they will move on. With time they’ll appreciate the decision you took years ago.

I am 43. Not me.

No need for that. Menopause came early.

This is the raw truth. It's only bitter.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by sophtcopy: 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��
It is not over yet and you don't have to become too desperate cuz there are wolves out there ...just a little patience dear and all will be well
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by RPG2020(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
You are not ready
You are looking for already made
@41 you are not still ready

Show me your friends and i will tell you who you are sad

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by IamKizzbrown10(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
Am 23, Young and ugly, let me be your happiness, i promise to heal your pains
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by NairaMaster1(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

Get a good man and get yourself a baby. Good luck.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Subsea101: 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
Na those "extreme high standard" sometimes be the achilles' heel of some ladies.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have standards, but sometimes, it's just too unrealistic..

chiommy123:
Just lower your 'standard expectations' a little bit while still being careful. God will help us
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

You fine? You tall or short?
Ebony or fair?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by mysticgal(f): 9:31am On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Isn’t that the standard? Blame everyone but yourself?

That is why I will continue to commend Linda Ikeji for having that boy. She did what a right thinking woman should do. Not taking postinor 2 at 38.

If you want a child and you can cater for that child, by all means have that child. Even small girls of 21 are having their babies. Then a grown financially independent woman in her late 30s is somewhere asking “hope you didn’t cum inside”. undecided undecided

People must talk. When they are done talking, they will move on. With time they’ll appreciate the decision you took years ago.

I am 43. Not me.

No need for that. Menopause came early.

That’s a man btw
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by playfrank(m): 9:31am On Oct 24, 2021
If you have money come lemme marry you.
duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by pocohantas(f): 9:31am On Oct 24, 2021
mysticgal:

That’s a man btw

I know say na man. E just wan create controversial topic. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Solatium(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

That you can't find yourself a man = Faults of life.
That your eggs are running out = Fact's of life.
We we all have to face both at each point of our lifetime,but i know we can all overcome it.

what you have done about life and how you had lived your life in the past is none of my business
But there are Men for people of your age, unfortunately you might not be able to accept the conditions that Comes with it.

i will advice you look for someone willing to take a 2nd wife, a widower,a Divorces or someone who might be lower than you in social status that you can cope with or at worst get pregnant and have a baby and continue to live your life.
All the Best

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Vireani79: 9:32am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Life has been up and down

Today one is rich

Then the African culture or rather the nigerian culture wants u married yet makes it expensive to achieve
The ladies too are not helping us with their demands

U will hear na love I go chop

U are running out of eggs u say
Guess u did a test to know this

U don't want to be a single mum
U want a family
U want to be loved and love

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by juniorstar(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Most women your age often opt for such look at Linda. Am sure she never planned it dat way..but it is wat it is. Now what you would be getting are liabilities as men or men with no plans of being with you..I wish you well..but hope your character is top notch cos that's wat might save the day.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by AutoChick4U(f): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2021
Everything but a Man.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by mysticgal(f): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

I know say na man. E just wan create controversial topic. cheesy

Kai, men of nairaland sef grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 24, 2021
Is it that no one is ***** enough to know that this is a copied article? Just enjoy the topic and drop opinion not talking to op like say na him/her

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Passionate1(m): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2021
D biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time. . .

6 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Yaradi(m): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2021
I will advise you to be patient your own man will soon find you and you too will have lots of children together and be happy.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by SimplePlan34: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2021
The woman is definitely not pretty. If not dem for don rush am. But anoda thing say she dey America. So guys they fear American laws on marriage. See one thing I HV learnt in life accept Ur fate and move on.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by God1000(m): 9:34am On Oct 24, 2021
mysticgal:
It’s so sad that a lot of people are going to fall into this thread advising and trolling women in a demeaning way, due to your story.

It’s pathetic you are doing Mr Peter Ade…., Most likely from ifetedo, oyo state or ekiti state, whichever of this profile is banked on the internet. I mean with your most likely failed blogging career…..

Going through your profile, you are man assuming to be a woman in order to stir the workings of all these sore woman haters, churning out vile and ugly comments. First off, you are not a woman, you are male COWard, a coward at that with no balls.

2. if you are a woman and you are single at over 30, own that shitt, Life continues, adopt kids. They are humans, find love in your place of religion, supermarket, dating sites and live the life out of your life.

You are pathetic op and go find a job or something, trolling even makes you more distasteful

*spits*
Easy ma'am.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Freeze your eggs NOW! Before it's too late.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Slizzords: 9:34am On Oct 24, 2021
Lemme drop my C.V here @duyox2004. I am a vibrant , energetic young man in my mid 20's and I can be your husband and also be your companion till death do us part. Am fun to be with , ambitious , and also gainfully employed.

You can send me a P.M so we can get to know each other better as I have always had the dream of getting married to someone older than me.

Cheers
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 24, 2021
I have come to understand that you can't have a perfect man or woman. It all boils down to what you can cope and what you can't cope with. Looking for that handsome, rich, lovely Christian man and who will always be there for you, it will be difficult sister.

5 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Kajaard: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2021
Classic victim mentality. Blame everyone but yourself for your problems in life. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by WHITELIGHTER: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:
You are the first lady I'm seeing that's blaming everyone around her for her predicament, except herself.

All ladies do this very shit. Blaming everyone and everything

5 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Walkee: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2021
Fake story from a liar live in a slum in oyo state.
No be only Texas na brazzas
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Bahamas95(m): 9:35am On Oct 24, 2021
Forget about love or heartbreak.

You better look for one guy to impregnate you now and have a child if you really want one.

This is the mistake most ladies are making, they will be forming hard to get when they were young forgetting women have expiry dates.....No guy would like to marry an old cargo, they would even prefer an underage.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by elipat: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2021
You are very selective and looking for a right husband in a wrong environment.
Single mom is not a wise decision, raising a child alone is not God's plan for you and your child.
It is only God almighty Jehovah that can give you the kind of husband you deserve. So go to God in fasting and prayer and he will surely answer your request.

Just 3 days fasting and prayer!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Babaken(m): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2021
Now you have acquire two degree go the world round now you know too much to be under a man you will always be looking for fault when in a any relationship.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by BabbanBura(m): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2021
mysticgal:
It’s so sad that a lot of people are going to fall into this thread advising and trolling women in a demeaning way, due to your story.

It’s pathetic you are doing Mr Peter Ade…., Most likely from ifetedo, oyo state or ekiti state, whichever of this profile is banked on the internet. I mean with your most likely failed blogging career…..

Going through your profile, you are man assuming to be a woman in order to stir the workings of all these sore woman haters, churning out vile and ugly comments. First off, you are not a woman, you are male COWard, a coward at that with no balls.

2. if you are a woman and you are single at over 30, own that shitt, Life continues, adopt kids. They are humans, find love in your place of religion, supermarket, dating sites and live the life out of your life.

You are pathetic op and go find a job or something, trolling even makes you more distasteful

*spits*

shocked em don scatter ya table abi? Kpele woo

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Walkee: 9:36am On Oct 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:
Regrets!

You will be alone!

Trust me, it ends in regrets

You just be on social media forming artificial happiness
oga he's a guy living in Oyo state. Check his old threads

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Lady Shows How She Serves Her Husband Food In A Romantic Way. Photos / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / Judge Orders Husband To Have Sex With His Wife (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.