Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67810 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Champneys: 9:48am On Oct 24, 2021
carbon1224:
Get a spam donour and get pregnant and with time god will provide for you a good guy.

Sperm not spam, you fu...cking dunderhead!

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by doggedfighter(f): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

I know say na man. E just wan create controversial topic. cheesy

You know right.

And it got nairaland guys crawling out with with half wit advice grin

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by BabbanBura(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2021
Grandmeister:

How she the first?? That's the factory setting of every girl! It is always the guys fault. When flavour, psquare and the likes sing, you see them admitting they messed up and want their woman back. But have you seen tiwa, yemi alade and Co ever admit in their songs that they messed up? Mba! They don't. They're always faultless in their relationship.

Gbosa!
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago… all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

Men have their whole lifetime because they can have babies anytime. I know many men who actually settled down at 50+. And this is the trend for most focused men who choose to not marry young. The misconception is that African men get married early. Of course, not true again. The population of single men who are 40+ is so huge.

The drama of baby mama is huge; but you may consider it. Another option is sperm donor without the knowledge of the person. But this is Africa where emphasis is laid on the father.

To me, give it one more shot for true love. You really do not have choices anymore. Baby mama and aided pregnancy are same to me. Try to find a husband now. If not, you may end up becoming that same baby mama. To get divorce later and be a baby mama now are same too. But there is still a chance you may not divorce. Well, I think in figures (probability). To me, getting married to a man you dont really know much about and getting divorce later is still better than being a baby mama. Also, getting a child now is better than waiting longer.

Your chance of getting men who are willing to settle down is higher if you date a Nigerian man. There are men who are responsible but have not got the chance to succeed yet. If you are ready to humble yourself and marry one who looks below your standard, you have a good chance of having a good family. All you look for in the man is the brain and intelligence. Money can turn the ugliest man or woman clean.

You also listen to yourself. You met men who are happy with their lives in Houston. Men who are still grooving around. Instead of you to choose from men who are humble and àre ready to settle down. To me, it is more about your choice. You want a man who is clean, and not below your standard. Whereas, you can easily upgrade him.

The choice is yours to make.

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by kingthreat(m): 9:49am On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can they be happy when they were raised by parents like yours to believe they need to have a man in their lives to complete them in some way? undecided

Jesus Christ taught us that God Almighty made created some - male and female alike - Eunuchs from birth, some become Eunuchs in life and others chose to become Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 5 - 15 undecided

Sadly, some of those who were created Eunuchs are indoctrinated by ignorant parents into believing they are meant to marry and reproduce, setting their life into confusion from their very beginning. It is not mandatory to marry or have companions. This choice ought to be left to individuals to make on their own and in their own time. undecided

God made marital companionship a choice.... no one needs it to be happy,not even in old age. Those who don't have it can still be happy if they desire to be. And those who have it and are not happy can also choose to be happy regardless. undecided

I pity who listens to you.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Tundex911: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2021
So due to others advice you refuse to make yourself happy...

What a pity

Smh
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by BabbanBura(m): 9:49am On Oct 24, 2021
doggedfighter:

You know right.

And it got nairaland guys crawling out with with half wit advice grin

And nairaland evening newspapers with their hearts palpitating like dog wey lion chased!

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Arsenate(m): 9:49am On Oct 24, 2021
Grandmeister:

How she the first?? That's the factory setting of every girl! It is always the guys fault. When flavour, psquare and the likes sing, you see them admitting they messed up and want their woman back. But have you seen tiwa, yemi alade and Co ever admit in their songs that they messed up? Mba! They don't. They're always faultless in their relationship.
That was a surprising comment. It's literally what all women do. Everyone and everything around them is responsible for their predicaments. Never their poor choices and judgements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hazlett1988: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��
Call me on this number,we can both start something serious,08052387163 only if you are really interested pls
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Airforce1(m): 9:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Lol
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Melore: 9:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Pls don't feel let down or worried. Everything good happens at God's time. Pls DM me. Would love to start a conversation. If u don't mind. 07057906606
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Elsueno: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2021
Slizzords:
Lemme drop my C.V here @duyox2004. I am a vibrant , energetic young man in my mid 20's and I can be your husband and also be your companion till death do us part. Am fun to be with , ambitious , and also gainfully employed.

You can send me a P.M so we can get to know each other better as I have always had the dream of getting married to someone older than me.

Cheers

So u want to be with ur fellow nigga grin, I have nothing against homos....I just find it amusing how u identified urself. It's illegal in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Righteousness2(m): 9:51am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Husband ,wife , Kids, Children, Degrees, Wealth and all that good but are not the Needful.

We are Created to Give GOD Pleasure. We are Created to Glorify GOD.

Nobody makes Heaven because he/she was Married or because of degree, Children and all that.

Don't lose Focus on what is Needful and be Chasing shadows. The Needful is your Relationship with JESUS Christ because this is what Really Matters.
Every other thing is a Gift and you don't struggle for a Gift! It is Given.

Even if you Miss all things on Earth, do not Miss your Relationship with JESUS Christ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by donprinyo(m): 9:51am On Oct 24, 2021
Feminist closing prayer
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

Let me tell you something today, you may have heard this before or not, but imma still repeat it here for the benefit of those who haven't.

If you think you're old, then you're old. If you think you're young, then you're young.

Whatever you use your mind to think about yourself, your mind sends signals to your body cells.

Once you tell yourself that you're old, your mind tells your body, this person is old, begin to show signs of aging.

I have seen close family members get married at 42/43 even 45 and give birth twice before they closed shop.

I have seen with my own eyes a 60 year old woman give birth after haven married for over 35 years without any issue.

So, what story are you telling yourself about yourself, because the vibration you give off is the energy the Universe sends back to you.

You could get married to the love of your life before middle of next year if you wanted to and you could give birth to healthy twins this time next year if you wanted to, only if you know how.

So, instead of bemoaning your fate, get cracking and find out how you can turn things around for yourself, because what you think is, is what will be. You create your future today.

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 9:52am On Oct 24, 2021
Tayosteve:
Bros, you are not running out of eggs. All will be well for you as long as you are not a simp

Have a stable income and get a nice girl.

...conclusion jumpers! The OP is female.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Eze2000(m): 9:52am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Sent you a mail
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by gadgethead: 9:52am On Oct 24, 2021
After all is said and done, you're worried that your eggs are running out (probably the most worrying part for you). So why don't you find a relatively decent man. If you get pregnant, no law stops you from keeping the baby
. You sound like you are self sufficient, so l assume the baby will well taken care of.
Good men/women are hard to find like you professed.
The glow a child gives a woman is immeasurable
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 24, 2021
Spend a bit of cash , get a decent young man to impregnate you dear just incase, don't tell them when you take in just end the relationship and raise your child happily , just like Linda Ikeji, Genevieve Nnaji.

There is always a solution for the living

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2021
carbon1224:
Get a spam donour and get pregnant and with time god will provide for you a good guy.

Stop deceiving women, once you are a single mother, no "good man" is going to take you seriously, no good man wants to be responsible for another mans child. Once you have a child, you have baggage and understand that you no longer have leverage in the eyes of a good man. As far as dating or finding a life partner, you will be feeding off scraps, your consolation is you have your child. But dont deceive yourself you will find a serious relationship with a good man. if he is that good he will find a woman without the baggage. if he already has children, he doesn't want yours, if he doesn't have kids, he doesn't want another man's. Also by using a sperm donor you are assuring your child will be damaged psychologically.

5 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Maj196(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2021
No worry, you are not alone. Una plenty for here well well.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by berbs: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

My advice, find the right man with average beauty, intelligent, and good character. Get close to ensure you get pregnant. Inform him about it. If he says no, all well and good. Take good care of the foetus and yourself, groom the baby in the right way, ensure a close relation is always around so that he can have a feel of having a dad, tell him/her when he's of age his real dad if he's dead or alive and allow him or her to decide if he/she wants to meet up on not. You can decide to have two children. Just ensure you train them well. It's well with you dear.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Xfemt(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

if you don’t mind text me a mail on
Femiregha@gmail.com let talk
I hope you won’t ignore this quote
God bless
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Arsenate(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2021
Zooposki:

Actually, women are mentally stronger than men. They can cope with singlehood much better than men.
Lmao. Just false.
Women appear to cope better because they could claim to be single but in reality will have an army of simps doing their biddings. A fvckv boy, an ATM, and tens or hundreds others just validating her for free. grin. Tiwa for example will probably tell us she is single and you'll be here to tell us how mentally strong she is, but we know better. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by neighbourhud: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:
Regrets!

You will be alone!

Trust me, it ends in regrets

You just be on social media forming artificial happiness

Bros read well...she is not happy...she is regretting it already.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Johel(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

They lied to you... I'm single, hardworking,God fearing and Intellectually sound..it's never too late... Nothing God and a good partner cannot do... I'm here incase you want to embark on a positive life changing journey with me...WhatsApp or email is ok for a private conversation...it's not over until it's over dear...Love n light.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by jubrilELsudan: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2021
I WILL MARRY YOU.

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Crochet: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2021
Are your doctors God , even women at still 60 still get pregnant stop disturbing wat is not disturbing u
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by DeeMain(m): 9:58am On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can they be happy when they were raised by parents like yours to believe they need to have a man in their lives to complete them in some way?

Jesus Christ taught us that God Almighty made created some - male and female alike - Eunuchs from birth, some become Eunuchs in life and others chose to become Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 5 - 15 undecided

Sadly, some of those who were created Eunuchs are indoctrinated by ignorant parents into believing they are meant to marry and reproduce, setting their life into confusion from their very beginning. It is not mandatory to marry or have companions. This choice ought to be left to individuals to make on their own and in their own time. undecided

God made marital companionship a choice.... no one needs it to be happy,not even in old age. Those who don't have it can still be happy if they desire to be. And those who have it and are not happy can also choose to be happy regardless. undecided

In other words they have been programmed, they are hardwired, they can't help it.

So why do most feminists dishing out singlehood advice NOT trumpet this painful risk side of the tenets of the movement as a side warning so their followers can make more informed and balanced decisions?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ehinmowo: 9:59am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I don't know you. But I can deduce that you are a typical "African woman". Taught with the virtual of sanctity of matrimony. I also feel, your knowledge and exposure might be affecting you in terms of standard when it comes to choosing a conjugal partner.

Notwithstanding, marriage today has changed from the way it used to be. Because almost all the factors that once held marriage, like religion, knowledge, indoctrination, education etc, have changed in the face of science and technology. While some few women are still taught the virtue of marriage, it's almost none existence in my gender.

If I have to write the thoughts coming to my, I would write an epistle. But in summary, I offer you these options. 1. Get pregnant as a baby mama. 2. If you have old friend back home whom you think his head is still correct or someone whose judgement you can trust enough to connect you with potential suitor in Nigeria, do it ). 3. Do invitro fertilization.

The problem with the other two options is that as time passes, you will feel lonelier. As people get older, they seek a partner to relish the moment with.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by grandstar(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004
Getting married at your age is possible but based on contrarian logic.

If desperation is written all over your face, you won't get a man. If you're indifferent, they'll be begging you for marriage. Many ladies in their 30s can attest.

I'm a Jehovah's Witness and I won't subscribe you doing something unscriptural even though it is a "solution".

A sister in a congregation was desperate to settle down but no one coming forward. She approached the elders for help. They recommended someone below her station, someone who was into making shoes. She accepted, got married and she massively upgraded his shoe business. Now, she's happily married.

The downside is that some men become womanizers when they have money. For we Witnesses, adultery is taboo based on the scriptures and the vast majority of brothers stick to it (Read Hebrews 13:4).

So, you have to find someone who'll be level headed and appreciative once money arrives. If your prime goal is really just to "settle down" or have a family or have a "baby", then it's a route you can take.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Ibkay32(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2021
I hope we can talk if u dm me ur number

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House / Benin Baby Names / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.