Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging (40005 Views)

Great Tips On How To Quit Bet9ja Virtual Betting And Gambling / I Left Social Media Because Of Chioma[davido] / Looking For Ways To Quit Smoking Weed? Please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by ifeolamide00(m): 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Help those you can bro..not just giving out money..help the agile ones to be able to make money,bills never end.help them start lives.help them make money..help them grow and they would stop coming around ...NB if you can...
this life is hard..some of us have it worse,some of us dont even have people to vent or tell,some of us just need a headup and we'd be fine...i wish everyone could help out at least one person and maybe some of us would live better .....

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by seyz91(m): 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
cheesy
espn:
Go ahead...Especially friends and extended family...they are all useless
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
tollyboy5:
Idamond you came to seek advice from fellow beggars.
Set awon givers never lack.

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by madridsta007(m): 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Don't mind my typo terminologies

I don't know if there's anyone facing these some thing..

I quit Social Media because of this.
Currently, I am not on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (I was never on Instagram anyway).
It has increased my productivity.
And I have refused to change my Whatsapp picture for years and I dont use the "story" feature.
When people dont "see" you, they dont beg. It is that simple.

People beg a lot. And I understand that, at some point in ones life, you might have needs which may mean you have to beg others.
I understand and uderstood this.

What I dont understand is when (1) People act like they are entitled to your money or time and (2) When they ignore all the advice you have given them on how to raise their own productivity and become persons of value.
They say, "Ok" and dont do it (things I have done myself) and would prefer to beg.
Anyway, I have dealt with them my way.

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by GetMeRight: 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Winters23:

Look at this one, instead of asking for the grace to become more wealthy, so big that all your friends will through your success can tap some grace.

What stops the begging friends from asking for the same grace to become wealthy themselves? Or, the begging friends are forbidden from asking for that grace? Lol.

I guess you're OK with being just an average person that's just after his stomach.

Good luck with that

And the beggars are OK with being just beggars? Laughing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Op80: 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

You are not alone. Nigerins are now beggars
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by geechy: 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
Use geechy

@op, should I consider giving to babiala people as giving to the needy...

Genuine people like me wey need money to be invested on me to blow my idea and ministry dey hope say person go really seee my begging and humble spirit and bless me.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Bolaji26(m): 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
embarassed

@OP.

I was like you before, I don't know how to say NO.

But since d day i surmond courage and started declining my friends request.

I can tell u my friendship has reduce from let say 100- 20.

They stopped talking or chatting me again

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Trustedpronet: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Give willingly and not under compulsion. You are not alone on this. The level of insufficient fund in peoples account is incurable due to emefule, minister of finance and buhari method of governance.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by RapistOnBail: 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
Codebite:
God bless you I was just about to say this. Op na people when Sabi beg pass na him they use these givers never lack punch line every single time this subject is been discussed. They have this mindset that you should always give and don't hold back.

Ever since I stopped lending a helping hand to so called supposed friends of mine, my life done they move forward.
Sometimes, folks that come begging for financial assistance dress expensively, they wear clothes I won't dare price in the market(am I mad?).

I detest people who beg all the time, cut your coat according to your size you people won't hear! What is a 30,000naira salary earner doing with a UK used iphone X worth over 200k?
Bless you too cool
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Amadaz(m): 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
i face the same thing almost every week but i made a decision to stop before i go bankrupt.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Kokaine(m): 10:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
Equity15:
do you care to know if he is helping himself? I give out money regularly but believe me, I can't remember when I bought something for myself or took myself out. This bothers me alot
he asked for people with experience and I replied. I have the experience. I once thought like this. But the thought of what I just advised him made me do more than my job. Challenges give your brain a wider scope if thoughts. Just like a bachelor doesn't know what he is capable of until he gets married and his wife births quadruplets. If he thinks he is capable and tries to expand his earnings with the intention of helping others, Allah will assist him and provide from him from places he does not expect or know about

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by adeniyi65(m): 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

My candid advise to you comrade.help people who are worthy of it around you according to what you are capable of.learn to decorously ignore them when it become more extreme to what you can handle.though the economy is nothing to write home about but lots of our people singlehandedly cause their predicament.they fail to plan for tomorrow by littering the country with kids.they will later be finding innocent ones to help share their unfortunate bills with.
I live roughly around $200 per month and there had been moment when all I could gather for a whole month falls bellow $100.yet i find it so hard begging for money.i prefer doing the most piteous task to earn than asking people out for money.still, people around you would see how radiant you looking on social media and will never stop asking you out.though some irrevocable calamities do visit everyone at a time in someones life.but the ones we cause on ourselves by our actions succeeded the previous.the key to debtless life is cutting coat according to someone's size.i rest my case here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by grandstar(m): 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
The begging is a reflection of the economy.

So many have lost jobs. It was estimated that 2 of every 5 Nigerian are either unemployed or underemployed and some say this my stats is old that the problem is much worse. The unemployment rate now stands at 33%! Before, Buhari arrived, it was about 10%.

Many have lost jobs and that's why there's mass migration out of the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Winters23: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2021
GetMeRight:

What stops the begging friends from asking for the same grace to become wealthy themselves? Or, the begging friends are forbidden from asking for that grace? Lol.

And the beggars are OK with being just beggars? Laughing.

There'll always be poor among us, if you can't stand the pressure of being rich then become poor so no one bothers you
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by hedonido: 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
This shit is an epidemic in Nigeria, and quite frankly I'm tired. Especially because the recipients will surely be ungrateful anyway.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Givers never lack

But give with sense

You are just like me...I have a good sense of empathy and sympathy...Iike giving anyday anytime twice on Sunday

But people are advising me to stop or reduce it that giving too much and having pity for people will slow down your success rate...that the likes of Dangote, otedola, and other millionaires at some certain point in their life were all having a heart of stone that is why they were able to succeed
Good sense of empathy and sympathy but doing yahoo
Wehdone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Mypeople2(m): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Thank you ate the giver and not the beggar .Also you should learn how to say NO, when you are not in the position to give.Nobody go kill you if you nor give .Funnily the same people won't give you money if you don't have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Kay25(m): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
na Nigeria turn everyone to online bambiala..All to the the chief bambialist called buhari
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by GetMeRight: 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
Winters23:

There'll always be poor among us, if you can't stand the pressure of being rich then become poor so no one bothers you

I won't go against your submission because that's not my intention.
But I just want to know why Op should be the only one begging for grace and not others too, that's all.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
Men one thing happened to me my grandpas kindness and that changed the whole concept of giving. It is a selfless act. Most recently mum had travelled they had just stolen my iPhone 6 that No phone no meals at home I was so hungry tired of eating just bread and tea then I prayed and asked God for a way one of my uncles came upstairs and handed me 5000 naira I used it to cook food I shared with him too

From nothing to zero since that day even if it’s 500 and you need it I will give but have gratitude and be humble because we take nothing with us. If you don’t give now while your alive they will ransack your room when you go. Bless

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Obs96: 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?
Ask those begging, they wish to be in your position. So stop. Complaining.

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.
thank God
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Zico007: 11:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:

I no fit tell person say I no get wen I get, as i dey talk to u now because of giving I never pay my landlord because I use some part of my rent help person..
I'm a type that love given but these one is too much, just these noon someone (my old friend) sent me a message on Facebook I should help him. this my guy is someone i don't chat with but I was surprise when i saw the request message.

I no mention anybody name,so no be mocking.. I just feel heart hunt sey person dey beg me for something persistently even after telling d person my problems...

That's why am off all other social media expect WhatsApp. Once a while when I visit I don't read messages talkless of repling. We don't talk for years and suddenly you are requesting money from me. If am not online how would you contact me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by calcal: 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
This will reck you soon

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by MemoriesAndMe: 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Givers never lack

But give with sense

You are just like me...I have a good sense of empathy and sympathy...Iike giving anyday anytime twice on Sunday

Lol. Why twice on Sunday grin
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Bigfish121(m): 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
The rate of begging is this country is just alarming. That is why it is advisable to limit your posting online and also live in an environment that people are a little bit well to do.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by suffering: 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
When this happens I’m quick to consult my stingy friends. They tell me the beggar’s mindset is “that guy has so much money he has no idea what to do with it.” My mind immediately resets and I tell the beggar off. Funny enough, said beggar survives till the next ten years after claiming they’ll die after two days.

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Betboss(m): 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?
Ask those begging, they wish to be in your position. So stop. Complaining.

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.

Shut up your mouth if you don't have any reasonable thing to say. It's good to give, but going by your narrative, people will run you to the ground because they never get tired of asking.

Even Bezos can't give all the needy money.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Betboss(m): 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Givers never lack

But give with sense

But people are advising me to stop or reduce it that giving too much and having pity for people will slow down your success rate...that the likes of Dangote, otedola, and other millionaires at some certain point in their life were all having a heart of stone that is why they were able to succeed

I swear you're a real nigga
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Everybody must not get at a time... Sometimes God dey put us in a position so that make we for take help uplift others.....If you no wor help,just tell the person plainly say you no get any help to offer........... Personally,I dey pray say make everybody get so that we no go see any thread like this......This thing just be like say you dey mock people wey dey beg you for assistance undecided.

I kinda get his point, cos some times it gets a bit tiring. I'm also getting a bit fed up of my neighbourhood: I can barely go out for an evening walk, go jogging, or go to buy suya without someone waylaying me for assistance. I dont mind doing my bit, but at some point, it became a daily affair.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today / Snakes Killed By My Dad And I (Black Spitting Cobra & Ball Python) / Boy Who Cried While Begging Sick Woman With Oxygen Gets Help (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.