Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging (40039 Views)

Great Tips On How To Quit Bet9ja Virtual Betting And Gambling / I Left Social Media Because Of Chioma[davido] / Looking For Ways To Quit Smoking Weed? Please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Rooneyx(f): 11:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Don't mind my typo terminologies

I don't know if there's anyone facing these some thing..
Mine worse but we move on. Use your head while giving
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Betboss(m): 11:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:

I no fit tell person say I no get wen I get, as i dey talk to u now because of giving I never pay my landlord because I use some part of my rent help person..
I'm a type that love given but these one is too much, just these noon someone (my old friend) sent me a message on Facebook I should help him. this my guy is someone i don't chat with but I was surprise when i saw the request message.

I no mention anybody name,so no be mocking.. I just feel heart hunt sey person dey beg me for something persistently even after telling d person my problems...

Better give yourself brain, otherwise, you might not be able to eat. Mind you I'm also a giver, but I have come to realise that people are so inconsiderate. They only care about their own. So, give But make sure you put yourself first.

If you don't have enough, tell the person, you don't have. They will still survive.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
sorom4:
I understand you perfectly. But there are also those who are in the position to beg but chooses not to beg. And since they do not beg for reasons known to them...others thinks that they have and beg them.

I am that type of person that will trek a mile cos I have no transport money rather than beg people on the road to give me that transport fare for the mile. And you will see someone begging you as you dey trek for the same transport fare that is not up to a 100 meters.

Hey...and some of the money that people beg are to afford things that you do not necessarily see as important. The money will end up been used to service olosho, smoke, play bet9ja and even drink beer. And these are some services that the giver doesn't engage his or herself in

Facts only! The day I trekked from Surulere to Ikeja cos I got robbed of my money was the day I swore never to pity anybody that comes with a cry-baby excuse of not being able to trek a few bus stops.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by 4gunners(m): 12:04am On Oct 25, 2021
olisefom:
Regulate your social media activities. Stop giving new updates (keep a low profile offline and offline)
No 1 principle, some people will just assume you’ve money growing machine somewhere. I can’t remember the last time someone actually gave me money.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 25, 2021
fortune1968:
But ,he may not finish or nobody may finish his money .One thing is clear - God will NEVER leave him alone even at a point it may appear he doesn't have much again .God will surprise him so long he gives to help sincerely .

There are several stories of Patriarchs who went above and beyond for others, but were either abandoned in old age, or their families were upon their demise.

Life doesn't work with sentiments.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by vickydevoka(m): 12:05am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

If most of the people who you are giving are ladies, that means you not a giver, you are just mother fûcker......ass licker

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Fatah1212: 12:06am On Oct 25, 2021
U should thank God, I prefer "people disturbance" than "poverty disturbance"
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Throwback: 12:11am On Oct 25, 2021
Equity15:
honestly, you're not alone. I have stopped Facebook for a long time. I turned off my read receipt and stopped posting on WhatsApp status. My Do has been same for years. It's so bad that I can't even ask anybody how they are anybody without them bringing in money problems. When I see unusual calls, I think very hard before taking it. It's not thier fault tho, the country is hard. But These people don't understand that everybody is feeling it. Most of them now ask for little money like 1k-3k, they know you would be lieing when you say you don't have that kinda money but they don't know how many people you have given money that day, week or month. It's just so disheartening. This country hard for even the people earning.

CC: Idamond

My Facebook, WhatsApp statuses have been dormant for many years. I don't upload pictures or congratulate wifey on birthdays or post lengthy sophistry on wedding anniversaries, or comment or like posts on Facebook unless it is very necessary like condolence messages for people I shouldn't avoid. All just so I don't reignite my existence in the consciousness of people who feel they must always depend on others.

I ensure I live within my means, and even when I had little income in my early work days, I never showed any interest in the money earned by my family or friends who were better paid. Maybe it is pride, but it is pride everyone should have to help curtail the nuisance of dependence on others.

As for picking calls I do not have in my contacts, maybe on a ratio of 1 out of 20, while notorious contacts I already know are kept calling till they get the message.

Happy New Month on WhatsApp? guy I no dey reply am.

But do these cunning measures of mine eliminate the nuisance of begi-begi? It only help to reduce it, as there are people begging at every interpersonal interaction these days.

If you avoid the friends and family at the home or social front, can you avoid the security and cleaning staff in the office? Despite all my measures, many still consider me a cheerful giver.

You can only console yourself that you are the one in a position to be assaulted by their needs, rather than you being in a position to be assaulting others with your needs.

Don't let them pull you down with the burden of their bukata.

They are everywhere lurking around, looking for Simon of Cyrene to bear their cross.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by vertueptime: 12:15am On Oct 25, 2021
My brother we see dw suffer from e-beggers on nairaland and bambiala Twitter,
They are usually final year students
Don't have food to eat or hav not eaten in 5days
They post account details carelessly
Feel free to add

Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by TEYA: 12:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:

Nothing like using one's head. If you can, still give except you don't have that extra to spare.

No body will have naturally and still be meeting somebody for something. And if they keep coming to you, it's because they feel you have more than them and are capable.

you think the bolded is true. i laugh out loud!

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Throwback: 12:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Equity15:
do you care to know if he is helping himself? I give out money regularly but believe me, I can't remember when I bought something for myself or took myself out. This bothers me alot

The money I will give out this month end can buy me 2 new Lacoste polo shirts that I last bought in 2019, as wifey has barred me from such luxuries.

I deprive myself enjoying the money I have worked for only to spend same on the legion of the needy.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by pansophist(m): 12:21am On Oct 25, 2021
The problem is that you haven't weeded out situational friends. If you observe closely, you'll noticed that these beggar friends are mostly people that you didn't choose to be friends with, but due to circumstances beyond your control, they ended up becoming your friends. I call them situational friends.

Circumstances such as growing up in the same neighbourhood, classmates, church members, etc. As an adult that takes life as a serious business, you should filter away the one that serves no purpose, and make the ones that are good for you. For example, a smart way to go about it is to move to another city, where you'll have the possibility to handpick your friends.

Also, Facebook has a feature that makes you hide uploaded content from people that after they see it, will trigger their impulse to exercise their skills in begging. So you actually don't need to close it, but use the filter options. Or close it even. So my guy, your experiences are typical in poorer countries, especially a country that is a world capital of poverty. Regardless, take care of yourself first, let them take care of theirs.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:22am On Oct 25, 2021
I hardly give people the attention they crave to have online among friends and families kos I don't post on Facebook, WhatsApp or Instagram. And my pic of many years still there.. I have come to understand that people that needs help are not the ones that contact you but there entitlement made them do that because they see you as a money bag..

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by bigbossila: 12:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Your story is exactly like mine. you're not the only person that is facing this kind of issues. Me too am tired.. believe me is everywhere in this country....the worst part if get they will never consider

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by GloShare(m): 12:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Tayosteve:

Ode, I can show you my transactions, I give more than I receive. I'm an economist ! If you give more than you receive, you will go broke and it's very possible many people will turn you down if you are broke.

He must not give to some beggars like you , or else he will cry and nothing will happen

Did you realize your error?

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by GloShare(m): 12:30am On Oct 25, 2021
Throwback:

CC: Idamond

My Facebook, WhatsApp statuses have been dormant for many years. I don't upload pictures or congratulate wifey on birthdays or post lengthy sophistry on wedding anniversaries, or comment or like posts on Facebook unless it is very necessary like condolence messages for people I shouldn't avoid. All just so I don't reignite my existence in the consciousness of people who feel they must always depend on others.

I ensure I live within my means, and even when I had little income in my early work days, I never showed any interest in the money earned by my family or friends who were better paid. Maybe it is pride, but it is pride everyone should have to help curtail the nuisance of dependence on others.

As for picking calls I do not have in my contacts, maybe on a ratio of 1 out of 20, while notorious contacts I already know are kept calling till they get the message.

Happy New Month on WhatsApp? guy I no dey reply am.

But do these cunning measures of mine eliminate the nuisance of begi-begi? It only help to reduce it, as there are people begging at every interpersonal interaction these days.

If you avoid the friends and family at the home or social front, can you avoid the security and cleaning staff in the office? Despite all my measures, many still consider me a cheerful giver.

You can only console yourself that you are the one in a position to be assaulted by their needs, rather than you being in a position to be assaulting others with your needs.

Don't let them pull you down with the burden of their bukata.

They are everywhere lurking around, looking for Simon of Cyrene to bear their cross.

Well said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by pansophist(m): 12:32am On Oct 25, 2021
GloShare:
As long as you keep giving, they will continue begging.

In 2019/2020 I gave out almost 3/4 my networth... they kept coming.

The moment I stopped replying them, they backed off.

Funny enough, they wear better clothes than I do.

The irony. Many will even beg like they want to die, and without your intervention, they are doomed. You're the only one that can save them, and they've exhausted all options. grin

Usually when I give, I do it with the impression that the receiver will go and solve their problem, and won't come back. But I have folks that have been begging me since 15 years ago, and you till now, they still do. So I stopped helping. Since its like pouring water in a basket, it's futile.

Strategic greed should be integrated into the life of every person. Because if you think about it, you can't solve everyone's problem. So how about focus on yourself and live well instead? Of course this doesn't mean i dont give, but I give with sense.

17 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by GloShare(m): 12:34am On Oct 25, 2021
pansophist:

The irony. Many will even beg like they want to die, and without your intervention, they are doomed. You're the only one that can save them, and they've exhausted all options. grin

Usually when I give, I do it with the impression that the receiver will go and solve their problem, and won't come back. But I have folks that have been begging me since 15 years ago, and you till now, they still do. So I stopped helping. Since its like pouring water in a basket, it's futile.

Strategic greed should be integrated into the life of every person. Because if you think about it, you can't solve everyone's problem. So how about focus on yourself and live well instead? Of course this doesn't mean i dont give, but I give with sense.

Happened with my wife, I told her to ignore. A week later, we saw the person, hale and hearty, throwing a surprise birthday party for her husband.

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by okpmoses: 12:42am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?
Ask those begging, they wish to be in your position. So stop. Complaining.

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.

Rubbish!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Sadisbala(m): 12:57am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

thank god you are not the one beging them,dont forget that givers never lack,maybe the little you are given is the reason why god is giving u more
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by bdon123(m): 12:58am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Facing same thing...its ridiculous.Dont even answer unknown numbers n msgs on fb.Its like someone i haven't seen in years or not close to is always asking me for financial help .I hate explaining or saying no so i no longer even reply msgs again.Now i hav my peace

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by EarlyCareer: 1:01am On Oct 25, 2021
Story of my life right now. I'm so overwhelmed.

The sad part is the entitlement, some will keep malice with you for not helping while forgetting all you have been doing. Almost like as if you are holding a purse for them with money that you must give when they ask. I even shouted out of frustration at a relation that I did not have anymore to give, and the person started shouting back at me till I apologised...the next month, the person called again to ask for money.

May God help our country, the burden is too much on those helping and the situation is so bad right now.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by olaolaking: 1:03am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Quit now, wating concern me?
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by maziude: 1:04am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?
Ask those begging, they wish to be in your position. So stop. Complaining.

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.

This right here have driven people to their early grave.

Guilt tripping is not healthy.

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by juman(m): 1:11am On Oct 25, 2021
APC government has turned nigerians to beggars.
Despite nigeria is a country with all potential of greatness.
Nigeria is a ruined country.

APC = PDP.

Vote better people to lead us in next election.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by EarlyCareer: 1:31am On Oct 25, 2021
GloShare:
As long as you keep giving, they will continue begging.

In 2019/2020 I gave out almost 3/4 my networth... they kept coming.

The moment I stopped replying them, they backed off.

Funny enough, they wear better clothes than I do.

Very, very true.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by CapitalBank: 1:57am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

LEARN TO SAY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IF it is inconvenient for you.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by 10mobile: 2:02am On Oct 25, 2021
richidinho:
Give them another opportunity they ll still vote Buhari for third term and resume begging immediately

You sound like my brother from Ezza.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Lexusgs430: 2:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Do you have a block option on your device/apps?.....
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by nick50(m): 2:20am On Oct 25, 2021
It's becoming an ugly trend nowadays people sees social network as a place of begging, d tin has been bothering me u just poured out my mind

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by yusluvad(m): 2:37am On Oct 25, 2021
You got me laughing hard bro...
richidinho:
Give them another opportunity they ll still vote Buhari for third term and resume begging immediately

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Analysiscorner: 2:38am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:

I no fit tell person say I no get wen I get, as i dey talk to u now because of giving I never pay my landlord because I use some part of my rent help person..
I'm a type that love given but these one is too much, just these noon someone (my old friend) sent me a message on Facebook I should help him. this my guy is someone i don't chat with but I was surprise when i saw the request message.

I no mention anybody name,so no be mocking.. I just feel heart hunt sey person dey beg me for something persistently even after telling d person my problems...
Pay your necessary bills first. They are not luxury.
Budget money for everything including giving, and your savings. When giving, don't tamper with your savings except in rare cases, like a family have terminal illness or you are led to give specific amount to someone without their begging.
Like someone wrote above, thank God for the position he has placed you in. Do everything not to feel bad about their begging, but still no when to say no. When you have exhausted your budget for the month, it is not lying to say you don't have money.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wedding Guest Dies, Groom's Legs Crushed In Kwara Road Accident (Photo) / Man Carrying Plantain On His Head & Riding His Bicycle In Aba While Hawking (Pho / The Nigeria Policewoman (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.