Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull (3008 Views)

Nigerian Women Are Very Useless And Dull / Are Nigerian Girls Really This Lazy And Dull? / Nigerian men Reacts and exited about This #800,000 Realistic Sex Dull (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Unclesmart12: 10:03am On Oct 26, 2021
Good morning FAM, I've been dating my girlfriend for four years now since our 100 level in the university. She has been the perfect partner for me and a really strong backbone that has kept me going in tough times, I've lost count of ladies I've dated but this Lady has got me hooked full time hence the seemingly long duration of our relationship, because before now none of my relationships had exceeded 6 months. I think it's important to note that I'm her first date/relationship too.

Sometimes I feel lucky to have her, she loves and cares for me to bits and I do the same too though it's apparent she loves me more. I've good intentions towards her and sees her as part of my future, I will gladly marry her once I'm lsettled and ready for that but I've one nagging issue with her.

Academically I see myself as an average student on a CGPA of 3.47 according to my 300 level results since I'm yet to see my final year result ( fresh graduate ) though I channelled over 80% of my efforts and time in school to hustling.

My girlfriend on the other hand is on a CGPA of 2.76 which I still consider a reasonable result considering the school we graduated from. She's been hunting for a teaching job since she graduated with little success and frustration is gradually setting in.

She visited me recently and while in my place she got a call from a friend to bring an application letter to a school she's been eyeing for a while now. She drafted a letter and gave me to peruse through it. Going through the letter seriously broke my heart, obviously the reason she hasn't been getting interview invites wasn't far fetched. It was riddled with grammatical errors and blunders, she could hardly string correct sentences together and punctuation was totally MIA talk more of paragraphs. It was a total disaster.

There was no way she was going to get a job with that kind of letter unless maybe through man know man. I took time to teach her on how to write a letter and to be honest it was just like teaching a basic two child how to write a simple formal letter. She couldn't even get simple spellings right, I'm not a genius neither do I see myself as an exceptional student but I really expected more from a graduate. I tried so much to mask my frustration and disappointment so she won't feel bad.

I don't want to judge her but that her performance really left much to be desired and left me upset that I'm beginning to consider my future with her.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to help her because I'm currently learning block chain development and UI/UX designing so I barely have time to spare now.

Please I need your advice on how to handle this situation.

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by shortgun(m): 10:08am On Oct 26, 2021
sadly many Graduates are like that and makes me wonder why they complain of lack of jobs when they have nothing to offer.

No employer will employ you when you can't add any value to the organisation.
If you love her as you claim sit her down and coach her for some time....that is if she's ready to learn cos most of them only know how to shout "am a graduate, am a graduate!!"

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Ritzybeauty(f): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2021
Love is about bringing out the best in each other to make them better persons and that comes with a lot of sacrifices and patience, the most important thing is she is willing to learn so try as much as possible to teach her and she would always appreciate and love you for the rest of her life with maximum respect..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Jashub: 10:11am On Oct 26, 2021
Bros , it seems you're one of those Nigerians who carelessly substitutes intellectual prowess for compatibility in a relationship . But what you must first understand that love is the very first foundation of any relationship out there, and without it , that relationship stands no chance of survival.

And secondly , education is not the all-in-all in today's society, especially as the world now operates on a skill-driven economy . But if you're worried about her literacy level ,then encourage her to have a reading culture. Reading a book of two a week would greatly improve her spelling and comprehension skills.

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Ritzybeauty(f): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2021
Love is about bringing out the best in each other to make them better persons and that comes with a lot of sacrifices and patience, the most important thing is she is willing to learn so try as much as possible to teach her and she would always appreciate and love you for the rest of her life with maximum respect.. N

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 26, 2021
she may be dyslexic
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by kingphilip(m): 10:21am On Oct 26, 2021
Ok o congratulations
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by slickycee: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2021
Lollittaa:
she may be dyslexic

Can we just stop making excuses for people and focus on finding solutions !!!

So because she's dyslexic , OP she give up and accept her like that or just dump her and look for someone more educated !!!

OP , teach her the one you can
Let her emulate your kind of habits, constant reading and self improvement
If she loves you like you think, she would happily learn and better herself just to make sure your efforts aren't futile.

If I were you, I would sit her down and tell her what I feel about it..

Would offer my advice and tell her how am willing to join her in this self improvement journey.

Give her 3months of constant learning and all.

If after that time, no improvement.

It's to move on and accept her like that or just break up.

But op you should have known this a long time ago !!!
Some girls are quite honest about this part of themselves, like they say it the first day you meet them.

They're not the intelligent type.

Op good luck

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by cooooooks(m): 10:26am On Oct 26, 2021
I've been on the other end of application letters.

This is quite common. However, people are generally willing to learn.

I suggest using futurelearn.com and some other teaching/learning platforms (Khan Academy, TDP Nigeria http://www.tdpnigeria.org/in-service/lm-teacher-guides-and-videos , )

If she is a subject teacher, she can focus on her subject. If she is an early education teacher, she can focus on the crafts, games, etc that engage young children. Bear in mind, Kindergarten to Pri 2 is VERY difficult to hire for. Perhaps she should pick a niche and perfect it.
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Anyahuruagu: 10:27am On Oct 26, 2021
Nwanne the sad truth is that you cannot have it all in one package.

If she's teachable my guy, manage her situation, teach her and correct her in love.
It's now we know if you also love her

I have come to understand that it must not all be there.. Come on I can make good dishes, if my partner cannot do better in kitchen that means i must complement for our companionship and also growth.

That's why we both need each other.
No man is an island and no man on the other hand has it all.

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 26, 2021
slickycee:

[s]Can we just stop making excuses for people and focus on finding solutions !!!

So because she's dyslexic , OP she give up and accept her like that or just dump her and look for someone more educated !!!

OP , teach her the one you can
Let her emulate your kind of habits, constant reading and self improvement
If she loves you like you think, she would happily learn and better herself just to make sure your efforts aren't futile.

If I were you, I would sit her down and tell her what I feel about it..

Would offer my advice and tell her how am willing to join her in this self improvement journey.

Give her 3months of constant learning and all.

If after that time, no improvement.

It's to move on and accept her like that or just break up.

But op you should have known this a long time ago !!!
Some girls are quite honest about this part of themselves, like they say it the first day you meet them.

They're not the intelligent type.

Op good luck[/s]
op, she may have a learning disorder. She needs a professional evaluation.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Ahmed0336(m): 10:30am On Oct 26, 2021
Anyahuruagu:

If she's teachable my guy, manage her situation, teach her and correct her in love.

You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2021
lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by hismerhill(m): 10:31am On Oct 26, 2021
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Anyahuruagu: 10:32am On Oct 26, 2021
Ninety6:
The last thing i would want is being in your shoes right now because i've been there before, i know the world moves fast but you leave her to break her and even looking back to this day the guilt that you should've done better makes you feel empty, talk to her about it, try everything to make this work because it is better to give your all to a cause and lost than not giving it everything at all... Don't act a fool like me, everyday I wake up to the cries and pains of guilt for... not giving it my all.

I feel your pain bro... Really sad.. But move on with your life and do better to your future.
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by hismerhill(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2021
Anyahuruagu:

I have come to understand that it must not all be there.. Come on I can make good dishes, if my partner cannot do better in kitchen that means i must complement for our companionship and also growth.

I am guessing u are a carpenter because u nailed it

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Kastonkastroll(m): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2021
Not everyone is book-smart. Some people are exceptionally good outside the normal read & write routine. Just observe that your girl and you will see something she's very good at. Omo if the girl is not an olosho, hold her very well

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by G0LANHEIGHTS(m): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2021
Sometimes i wonder what's always giving some men the impression that it is their responsibility to better the lives of their girlfriends. Op you better leave that your dullard girlfriend for the sake of your unborn children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Truvelisback(m): 10:38am On Oct 26, 2021
Unclesmart12:
Good morning FAM, I've been dating my girlfriend for four years now since our 100 level in the university. She has been the perfect partner for me and a really strong backbone that has kept me going in tough times, I've lost count of ladies I've dated but this Lady has got me hooked full time hence the seemingly long duration of our relationship, because before now none of my relationships had exceeded 6 months. I think it's important to note that I'm her first date/relationship too.

Sometimes I feel lucky to have her, she loves and cares for me to bits and I do the same too though it's apparent she loves me more. I've good intentions towards her and sees her as part of my future, I will gladly marry her once I'm lsettled and ready for that but I've one nagging issue with her.

Academically I see myself as an average student on a CGPA of 3.47 according to my 300 level results since I'm yet to see my final year result ( fresh graduate ) though I channelled over 80% of my efforts and time in school to hustling.

My girlfriend on the other hand is on a CGPA of 2.76 with I still consider a reasonable result considering the school we graduated from. She's been hunting for a teaching job since she graduated with little success and frustration is gradually setting in.

She visited me recently and while in my place she got a call from a friend to bring an application letter to a school she's been eyeing for a while now. She drafted a letter and gave me to peruse through it. Going through the letter seriously broke my heart, obviously the reason she hasn't been getting interview invites wasn't far fetched. It was riddled with grammatical errors and blunders, she could hardly string correct sentences together and punctuation was totally MIA talk more of paragraphs. It was a total disaster.

There was no way she was going to get a job with that kind of letter unless maybe through man know man. I took time to teach her on how to write a letter and to be honest it was just like teaching a basic two child how to write a simple formal letter. She couldn't even get simple spellings right, I'm not a genius neither do I see myself as an exceptional student but I really expected more from a graduate. I tried so much to mask my frustration and disappointment so she won't feel bad.

I don't want to judge her but that her performance really left much to be desired and left me upset that I'm beginning to consider my future with her.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to help her because I'm currently learning block chain development and UI/UX designing so I barely have time to spare now.

Please I need your advice on how to handle this situation.
Teach her how to write a letter. My mom thought me how to write a letter.
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by hismerhill(m): 10:43am On Oct 26, 2021
Anyahuruagu:

Thanks to this man, i need not write any epistle again. find time 4 her and u both must resolve to be dedicated within this period (dont admire her sexy laps during this period) and it goes both ways so you dont loose focus on the common goal.
IRE OOO~

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Unclesmart12: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2021
Anyahuruagu:

Thanks bro, asides this academic issue she's got other qualities that I desire. I will carve out time to help her more

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Unclesmart12: 10:52am On Oct 26, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
Not everyone is book-smart. Some people are exceptionally good outside the normal read & write routine. Just observe that your girl and you will see something she's very good at. Omo if the girl is not an olosho, hold her very well
Lol she's far from an olosho.....
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by MufasaLion: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2021
In all you do, don't settle for a dull girl. Love can fade away but a dull person might be dull forever. grin
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Anyahuruagu: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2021
Unclesmart12:

Thanks bro, asides this academic issue she's got other qualities that I desire. I will carve out time to help her more

Na man you be.

Abeg where should i drop these for you.?

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by bigcee(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2021
You guys are not compatible.
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Candidlady: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2021
See as you dey hang your babe panties for public space lmao
your babe is synonymous to boo'her'ri.. Awon dulapo

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 26, 2021
MufasaLion:
In all you do, don't settle for a dull girl. Love can fade away but a dull person might be dull forever. grin
Lols...guy be calming down na grin

E'hmmm op manage her like that. Everybody wasn't meant to be brilliant. Now is the time to prove your love for her
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by MufasaLion: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2021
SmellySperm:

Lols...guy be calming down na grin

E'hmmm op manage her like that. Everybody wasn't meant to be brilliant. Now is the time to prove your love for her

Prove what love? The guy can't cope with it. Very soon he's gonna start losing interest. If you read it well, you will understand this guy is more interested in a brilliant woman.

By the way, who would be interested to have a dull partner, huh?
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2021
MufasaLion:

Prove what love? The guy can't cope with it. Very soon he's gonna start losing interest. If you read it well, you will understand this guy is more interested in a brilliant woman.

By the way, who would be interested to have a dull partner, huh?
You have a point sha. He's more concerned about intelligent than other aspects.
It's guys like him that will go for fat girls and be forcing slim tea on their babes. Nigga if it's slim you want then go for them and allow fat girls to rest jor wink

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Sonnobax15(m): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2021
lipsrsealed
Somethings for this life no just get redemption at all.
Imagine the side effects of raising your kids when their mom has got an empty brain academically...So if you aren't around,who go help your kids do their assignments...
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by jericco1(m): 11:19am On Oct 26, 2021
Nigga, I blame you because you had the chance to correct her during your undergraduate days. But unfortunately you were busy firing her from all cylinders. Tueeh

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by MufasaLion: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2021
SmellySperm:

You have a point sha. He's more concerned about intelligent than other aspects

Definitely. Even me, I can't have a dull partner. Why must you be dull, when I'm not?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls / Girls Should Please Be Straight Forward / Guys Pls Help Out----should I Forgive Her For Cheating On Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.