Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

I Am Leaving Christianity :-) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Leaving Christianity :-) (2495 Views)

Another New Moniker (18-10-2021) Leaving Christianity In Nairaland? What A Joke! / Is Europe Leaving Christianity For 'Paganism'? / Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by JideJordan: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2021
Hello guys, so I've been lurking around this section for a few weeks now. I've got a lot of questions on my mind and I am not getting satisfactory answers.
Does God exist? I don't know. At this point, I can't keep deceiving myself. I don't think I can call myself a Christian any more because I am starting to doubt a lot of things. If you are a Christian/believer, I have nothing against you, neither I'm I here to "deconvert" you or something.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here, because I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Have a nice evening.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2021
JideJordan:
Hello guys, so I've been lurking around this section for a few weeks now. I've got a lot of questions on my mind and I am not getting satisfactory answers.
Does God exist? I don't know. At this point, I can't keep deceiving myself. I don't think I can call myself a Christian any more because I am starting to doubt a lot of things. If you are a Christian/believer, I have nothing against you, neither I'm I here to "deconvert" you or something.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here, because I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Have a nice evening.
If you never had evidence of God's existence before thus, why did you call yourself a Christian to begin with? undecided

I would never had chosen Christianity if He hadn't proven to me first that He is. If He hadn't invaded my space during the trial period, I would have concluded that He didn't exist and moved on to the next Faith on my list. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Ayo081(m): 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
Reason why the gathering of the brethren is important.

If you belong to one, why not tell your mind to them.

Well there's on NL here although not an organized one. I could mention some that could help.

oh one of em already posted.

cc MaxInDHouse et Al. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Ayo081(m): 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If you never had evidence of God's existence before thus, why did you call yourself a Christian to begin with? undecided

I would never had chosen Christianity if He hadn't proven to me first that He is. If He hadn't invaded my space during the trial period, I would have concluded that He didn't exist and moved on to the next Faith on my list. undecided

Encounter, details might be of help too.

Even to me undecided
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ayo081:
Reason why the gathering of the brethren is important.

If you belong to one, why not tell yourind to them.
Well there's on NL here although not an organized one. I could mention some that could help.
He is telling you that the delusion that is the gathering of your brethren has no proof to show him of God, yet you here offering him more of the same? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ayo081:
Encounter, details might be of help too.
Even to me undecided
What help? You can't prove God's existence to anyone. God Himself said that each one has to approach Him for that evidence instead.. undecided

The Op says he hasn't had a personal encounter with God. What do you intend to "help" him with? You think you can shove God at folks? undecided

This is God waking you up from a delusion. Leave and be free to search and find Him for yourself. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Ayo081(m): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He is telling you that the delusion that is the gathering of your brethren has not no proof to show him of God and yet you here you are suggesting for him more of the same? undecided

undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by qwertyboss(m): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
JideJordan:

Please WhatsApp let's talk 090638297one-one
This is serious
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
JideJordan:

it's better to remain a xtain. Don't come join my religion of pieces, we shall teach you how to kill for allah
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Ayo081(m): 8:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:

This is God waking you up from a delusion. Leave and be free to search and find Him for yourself. undecided

No. Not shove.

38 The man from whom the demons had gone out begged to go with him, but Jesus sent him away, saying,

39 “Return home and tell how much God has done for you.” So the man went away and told all over town how much Jesus had done for him.

Luke 8:38‭-‬39 NIV

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Pastafari: 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
Join pastafarianism, it’s the best religious for people with common sense like yours.

The only religion with scientific evidence for any claim made. No wishy washy, no scams, no one will compel you to sow seeds etc

Try us and if you don’t find it nice after a month, you can go back to your old religion.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ayo081:
No. Not shove.
Talk about pulling verses out of context. undecided

Do you really believe that the reason the Op does not believe in God is because he has not heard people talk about God to him? undecided
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Ayo081(m): 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Talk about pulling verses out of context. undecided

Do you really believe that the reason the Op does not believe in God is because he has not heard people talk about God to him? undecided

So why did Jesus asked the man to go tell how much God has done for him? undecided

You claimed He came through for you, so what? undecided
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by advanceDNA: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
Bodmum:
it's better to remain a xtain. Don't come join my religion of pieces, we shall teach you how to kill for allah

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Workch: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
Seems like we atheists on nairaland are doing a very good job at exposing the scam in Christianity. We planting seeds that will germinate.

The more you people try to blindly defend your faith, the more reasonable people will see through the charades.

Bros, I swear you have made the right decision. You are free and free indeed, you will start living a quality life knowing that you do not have imaginary friends ad enemies.

I’m 100% sure that the Christian god doesn’t exist, it’s scam. All the evidence we have are against the existence of a “Christian” description of god.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by JideJordan: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I was born into a Christian home. Never did I get to chose my religion. Please don't be insensitive.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ayo081:
So why did Jesus asked the man to go tell how much God has done for him? undecided

You claimed He came through for you, so what? undecided
That's like asking why did Jesus Christ ask us to go preach the Gospel He taught us to those in the world. Telling people of God is not the same as giving them proof of His existence. He demands that they find Him of their own. undecided

God came through for me so, i have proof of God to give others, is that what you are trying to insinuate? undecided
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by LordReed(m): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2021
JideJordan:

Take your time to make your decision, whether you are a Christian or not is not the important issue but how you live your life. Whatever road you choose, choose to be a good person.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by NaijaSatanlst: 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
Welcome to the club brodda grin
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
JideJordan:
I was born into a Christian home. Never did I get to chose my religion. Please don't be insensitive.
I know folks who were born by parents who are Christians but said no to Christianity when they were asked to choose it too. So, no, every faith is a choice... even if forced upon you. undecided

Nothing insensitive about that fact or stating it. undecided
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2021
JideJordan:

jesusjnr2020 is somewhere punching the air right now after seeing this post. This thread will give him the confirmation that the so called devil has taken over this section. grin

Modified: I was right. Dude created 3 different threads just because of this case. grin

9 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Ayo081(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:

God came through for me so, i have proof of God to give others, is that what you are trying to insinuate? undecided

Yes for yourself and others undecided

If the Man with the spirit of legion wasn't healed would he be asked to go tell undecided

Why did Jesus asked him to go tell? undecided
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by NaijaSatanlst: 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I know folks who were born by parents who are Christians but said no to Christianity when they were asked to choose it too. So, no, every faith is a choice... even if forced upon you. undecided

Nothing insensitive about that fact or stating it. undecided

Na me dey here grin
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by LordReed(m): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
kingxsamz:

jesusjnr2020 is somewhere punching the air right now after seeing this post. This thread will give him the confirmation that the so called devil has taken over this section. grin

LMAO! Can you imagine all these demons winning on the internet. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ayo081:

Reason why the gathering of the brethren is important. If you belong to one, why not tell your mind to them. Well there's on NL here although not an organized one. I could mention some that could help.

Satan is destroying many people's defence regarding faith and since most religionists don't want to belong to a real Christian group Satan's missile is killing their unfounded beliefs.

God promised that there is no weapon formed against true faith will succeed {Isaiah 54:17} because true believers has all what it takes to stand firm:
The truth about God's word! John 17:17
Spiritual family of true believers. Hebrews 10:24-24
And help through incessant prayers! 1Peter 4:7

That's why i always direct whoever wants to keep real faith to Jehovah's Witnesses but it's obvious most people don't want a real family of faith yet they want to belong to Jesus who publicly introduce his own family of faith to everyone! Matthew 12:46-50 smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
JideJordan:

My guy, don't listen to anyone that wants to confuse you with bible quotes. You have started diving in the path of logical thinking and anything anyone says that doesn't go down that same line is bs.
There's no god/God. It's just a concept created by humans in the past to explain things we don't understand. Back then humans will attribute rain, fire, plants, daylight and night to different gods untill science came to cure our ignorance. Just think about it. A god worshipped by people thousands of years ago is now who people in this century believe in... If those people that died thousands of years ago should be able to come back and see all that we've accomplished, do you know that they'd be worshipping us? Ask yourself this, why is the concept of heaven based on ancient architecture?

7 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Can you imagine all these demons winning on the internet. Bwahahahahaha!

grin grin grin grin
He might cry himself to sleep tonight. The devil is winning.
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ayo081:
Yes for yourself and others undecided
If the Man with the spirit of legion wasn't healed would he be asked to go tell undecided
Why did Jesus asked him to go tell? undecided
I am afraid you are mixing things up here. undecided

That proof of God's existence does not come from hearing about God. It comes instead from a direct encounter and relationship with God Himself. undecided

The man with the spirit of legion did not tell you he didn't have proof of God to begin with. He was delivered of possession by demons... that there is a form of proof of God's existence to this man.
Now, Jesus Christ's commandment to the man who had just been healed was not this He go and present proof of God's existence but instead to fell people of his personal experience. undecided

I can't prove God to you - that is impossible to do - I can only tell you of what God has done for me. You have to seek proof you need directly from God Himself. That is how God Himself set this up. You have to call upon Him yourself in order for Him to show you the great and mighty things He will. undecided
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by JideJordan: 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2021
kingxsamz:

My guy, don't listen to anyone that wants to confuse you with bible quotes. You have started diving in the path of logical thinking and anything anyone says that doesn't go down that same line is bs.
There's no god/God. It's just a concept created by humans in the past to explain things we don't understand. Back then humans will attribute rain, fire, plants, daylight and night to different gods untill science came to cure our ignorance. Just think about it. A god worshipped by people thousands of years ago is now who people in this century believe in... If those people that died thousands of years ago should be able to come back and see all that we've accomplished, do you know that they'd be worshipping us? Ask yourself this, why is the concept of heaven based on ancient architecture?

Your opinion is well received sir.
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Ayo081(m): 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are mixing things up here. undecided

That proof of God's existence does not come from hearing about God. It comes instead from a direct encounter and relationship with God Himself. undecided

The man with the spirit of legion did not tell you he didn't have proof of God to begin with. He was delivered of possession by demons... that there is a form of proof of God's existence to this man.
Now, Jesus Christ's commandment to the man who had just been healed was not this He go and present proof of God's existence but instead to fell people of his personal experience. undecided

I can't prove God to you - that is impossible to do - I can only tell you of what God has done for me. You have to seek proof you need directly from God Himself. That is how God Himself set this up. You have to call upon Him yourself in order for Him to show you the great and mighty things He will. undecided

I can only tell you of what God has done for me.

And it's not a prove? undecided
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by LordReed(m): 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin grin
He might cry himself to sleep tonight. The devil is winning.

LoLz! Holy Ghost fire! on all these demons! jesusjnr is going to storm the gates of heaven tonight!
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2021
LordReed:

LoLz! Holy Ghost fire! on all these demons! jesusjnr is going to storm the gates of heaven tonight!

grin grin
Na serious battle tonight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Take Religion So Seriously / Unveiling The Mystery Of 'lost' And 'corrupted' Torah And Injil / Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.