Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

I Am Leaving Christianity :-) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Leaving Christianity :-) (2490 Views)

Another New Moniker (18-10-2021) Leaving Christianity In Nairaland? What A Joke! / Is Europe Leaving Christianity For 'Paganism'? / Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by JideJordan: 10:04am On Oct 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You were a church visitor!

You never learnt what God teaches and your.true self remained the same.

So you never entered Christ nor did Christ enter you.

So you were never Christ like!

Frazinni have you seen why the difference must be made clear?
Again sir, the validity of my faith is none of your business.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by JideJordan: 10:05am On Oct 27, 2021
hupernikao:

Bro, you not identifying with Christians again haven't still solve or answer your question (Does God Exist). Even the best of atheism today still seek answers and proof to that question daily.

The questions on your heart are normal. It only showed you likely don't have those who are willing to listen to you around you, or who can answer what bothers you.

For me, looking at all your comments here, I can assumed you have likely had much of wrong teaching of God around you. And that raised lot of questions that such teachers couldn't answer.

Well, if you seek answers truly. Then you should read this intelligently.

1. Your decision above doesn't solve the problem at hand nor does it answer the question you seek. Hence it is only be a distraction for you, as your heart knows you haven't gotten answers.

2. There are usually hidden concerns that underline the great question you asked. Most who call themselves atheist here have narrated unknowingly in their multitude of words such hidden concerns that drove them to atheism and mostly are from personal challenges or concerns that surround how the place you fellowship have presented God's word and promises to you or your normal desires that were never fulfilled even after you have done all that you were told was required.

3. In life, when confused, you should rather err on the side of one you know, one you have seen, and count faithful to you (your real world, your family, your people) than one who you haven't seen, nor know, nor add any value to you in life (the online world).

You can't measure the life of any here by just reading their text including me. Here you will see, liars, deceiver, good and bad etc. Yet all come in the name of helping or intelligent. But there is always a means to that end.

Err on the side of caution and patiently determine your next step.

4. And most importantly, no one can or will decide for you as am sure you can make decision by yourself. But ask yourself, what truly is driving your decisions.

Are they based on failed expectations from God?

Are they based on pressure from life and seems God wasn't there for you?

Are they based on assumptions from poor doctrine about God?

Or are they based on true desire to know the truth about God existence or non existence.

Whatever the reasons. I can confidently tell you, that the foundation is from a wrong knowledge of who God is or what he can do.

Give yourself time Bro. And ask your questions, you will find answers from the right persons.

Thanks.
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by JideJordan: 10:05am On Oct 27, 2021
midnight378:
@jidejordan
welcome to the group of non-believers on here.
we don't bite, we don't eat babies , we live happy and fulfilled lives without god.
You can too smiley
Thanks
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Workch: 10:11am On Oct 27, 2021
JideJordan:

Why are you taking my comment out of context?
Please don't do that. Let's act matured here.
Ignore Dtruthspeaker unless you are ready to waste most of your day with an abject simpleton.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by hupernikao: 10:24am On Oct 27, 2021
kingxsamz:

If you're smart in anyway, at least a little bit, you'll know not to make hasty, silly, unintelligent generalizations like that.
A good percentage of atheists are into cults because of your unknown atheist friend? undecided

But you are master in such generalization. Do you see yours as intelligent generalization?

Don't you generalize faith and believe? Why don't you want her too to generalize. You have spoken as authority who knows what all Christian do anywhere in the world. Yet you feel she shouldn't generalise. A very bad position of an atheist. Avoiding their most potent card when thrown at them.
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Vic2Ree(m): 10:26am On Oct 27, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Truth is that a good percentage of atheists are into one fraternity or the other
LoL. This is interesting.

Can you provide evidence for this claim? A good percentage you say? What's the percentage like? Can you give us the statistics and how you arrived at this information?

Moreover, I'm personally acquainted with many Christians who are part of various fraternities. So in light of this, what was the motive behind this accusation if not a deliberate attempt to smear atheists for something that is common with most people irrespective of their base religious and/or philosophical inclinations?

6 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by NaijaSatanlst: 10:29am On Oct 27, 2021
Vic2Ree:

Can you provide evidence for this claim? A good percentage you say? What's the percentage like? Can you give us the statistics and how you arrived at this information?

Moreover, I'm personally acquainted with many Christians who are part of various fraternities. So in light of this, what was the motive behind this accusation if not a deliberate attempt to smear atheists?

Leave am, some people will just open their mouth waaa and be talking

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Tamaratonye1(f): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2021
JideJordan:
Hello guys, so I've been lurking around this section for a few weeks now. I've got a lot of questions on my mind and I am not getting satisfactory answers.
Does God exist? I don't know. At this point, I can't keep deceiving myself. I don't think I can call myself a Christian any more because I am starting to doubt a lot of things. If you are a Christian/believer, I have nothing against you, neither I'm I here to "deconvert" you or something.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here, because I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Have a nice evening.
Dear JideJordan

I'm sorry to hear that you feel you have nobody to talk to but I'm glad that you've chosen to reach out.

Doubt is a natural and sound aspect of the human thought-process; it points to intelligence and free-will - also within faith. It is important to take one's own reactions, emotional, rational and physical, seriously and to remain kind to and patient with oneself, especially when others do not seem to be. Explore your doubts and have faith that you will find peace in the answers you finally settle for.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Near1: 10:39am On Oct 27, 2021
JideJordan:
Hello guys, so I've been lurking around this section for a few weeks now. I've got a lot of questions on my mind and I am not getting satisfactory answers.
Does God exist? I don't know. At this point, I can't keep deceiving myself. I don't think I can call myself a Christian any more because I am starting to doubt a lot of things. If you are a Christian/believer, I have nothing against you, neither I'm I here to "deconvert" you or something.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here, because I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Have a nice evening.

Hey JideJordan. Welcome to Nairaland.com. If you are having doubts about your faith, that's fine. It is a really tough time for everyone right now with the pandemic. Lots of things in the world and in our own personal lives don't make a huge amount of sense. I might be an Atheist, but I do understand and it's not easy when it's so confusing.

Christianity is more than two thousand years old do you aren't the first (or the last) to question your beliefs, so you are not alone. If you take your time to get to know Christians on here, I'm sure they will be willing to debate some of the questions you have. We also have plenty of non-believers and non-Christians on here who you can bounce your ideas off too. And, naturally as this is the internet, all of them are very, very busy coming up with the proof to show how right they are.

Don't feel that you have to believe something to please others or allow people to bully or manipulate you on questions as important as religion and the meaning and direction you have in life. Just remember to take your time and respect yourself and your own opinions. I hope you will stick around the find some of the answers you are looking for and will have some fun in the process. It's always good to have new people to keep the discussions fresh and relevant after all.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by onlyforchrist: 10:40am On Oct 27, 2021
You're a mad man walahi. Joke of an homo sapien.

Dtruthspeaker:

No! It was a bet to have a public decided debate and I promise to give him N50k if he wins and if he loses, I would cane him
7 strokes, as the Stupid child he is.

Until I saw that He planned on Robbing Me because He Already knew he had lost to me here upto 32 Times.

So that is the True situation, if you care about Truths, which is of course an Abomination to you people.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Darkprime(m): 10:49am On Oct 27, 2021
JideJordan:

That's how I went about it. Do it until there are enough valid reasons to simply not do it anymore. Never looked back with any regret!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 10:50am On Oct 27, 2021
hupernikao:

But you are master in such generalization. Do you see yours as intelligent generalization?

Don't you generalize faith and believe? Why don't you want her too to generalize. You have spoken as authority who knows what all Christian do anywhere in the world. Yet you feel she shouldn't generalise. A very bad position of an atheist. Avoiding their most potent card when thrown at them.

If you don't have any reasonable point to make then there's no need to quote me. undecided
If you feel I made any generalization that isn't true, what stopped you from pointing it out?
If you couldn't point it out back then, it's just baseless rant now. Thanks, now let me face the person I asked a question.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2021
LordReed:

Good point. Pure gold is quite soft and malleable, thousands of feet stamping down on it everyday will distort it but yet a god is going to pave roads with pure gold. Is the god so ignorant he doesn't know the properties of gold? Nonsense and ingredients.

Lol, it's quite funny.
All what heaven consists of are what humans have already created on earth.
They're even expecting their Jesus to come back on a horse when we already drive electric cars here on earth.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by NaijaSatanlst: 10:58am On Oct 27, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, it's quite funny.
They're even expecting their Jesus to come back on a horse when we already drive electric cars here on earth.
Exactly my point. The "technology" in heaven is ancient. It's almost as if the people who came up with the concept of heaven also felt that heaven will have the latest "technology", like high-quality chariots, gold plated roads and more.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by hupernikao: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2021
kingxsamz:

If you don't have any reasonable point to make then there's no need to quote me. undecided
If you feel I made any generalization that isn't true, what stopped you from pointing it out?
If you couldn't point it out back then, it's just baseless rant now. Thanks, now let me face the person I asked a question.

grin grin

Point it out? I don't need to point out what stands as the foundation of all you write about other people beliefs. You should do that service yourself to go back and reread your posts.

An atheist that doesn't generalize is an outcast atheist. He hasn't learn the act well. But you, you are master in generalization. Take the pill the other person is serving you.

You put up a whole post below
https://www.nairaland.com/5782376/lol-why-christians-panicking

Why CHRISTIANS PANICKING. and can still have the boldness to ask me to point out how you generalize? It's your bedrock Bro. That's the mirror of atheism. Were you not taught that? Don't fall my hands.
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by LordReed(m): 11:08am On Oct 27, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, it's quite funny.

Totally mind boggling. Jesus is still riding a horse, a horse shits everywhere with no understanding of decency so I guess heaven's streets of gold have piles of horse shit everywhere. Or maybe the horses of heaven have their own toilet now. LMAO!

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:12am On Oct 27, 2021
In my very first message, I mentioned that an old friend who claimed to be an atheist, is a cultist. It is same with majority of atheists. I thought an atheist is supposed to be someone who doesn't believe in God, a deity or the supernatural? So why should they belong in a group where they take blood oaths/oath, perform rituals, sacrifice and other strange acts? Why attend strange meetings on timely intervals where the restrict police/public interference, and keep their activities sacred. As for your opinion below, the day you open a thread and talk about Christians who belong to fraternities and cults, then I will also share my thoughts.
Vic2Ree:

Moreover, I'm personally acquainted with many Christians who are part of various fraternities. So in light of this, what was the motive behind this accusation if not a deliberate attempt to smear atheists for something that is common with most people irrespective of their base religious and/or philosophical inclinations?

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 11:19am On Oct 27, 2021
hupernikao:

grin grin

Point it out? I don't need to point out what stands as the foundation of all you write about other people beliefs. You should do that service yourself to go back and reread your posts.

An atheist that doesn't generalize is an outcast atheist. He hasn't learn the act well. But you, you are master in generalization. Take the pill the other person is serving you.

You put up a whole post below
https://www.nairaland.com/5782376/lol-why-christians-panicking

Why CHRISTIANS PANICKING. and can still have the boldness to ask me to point out how you generalize? It's your bedrock Bro. That's the mirror of atheism. Were you not taught that? Don't fall my hands.

Lol, Why Are The Christians Panicking
Do you want to lie to yourself that Most Christians don't dread the anti-christ?
I mean, we saw that here, daily. Your pastors are always thrashing the vaccine, claiming it's the plan of the anti-christ. You people are always afraid when a new technology comes out because you fear that a chip will be implanted in you. Like, that's literally a fact. Christians dread the anti-christ. Like I said, when you noticed a generalization I made that isn't true, why didn't you point it out? You're pointing this one out now because you don't know what else to point out. Sadly, what you pointed out is actually true. Now tell me how that's equivalent to some clown who says 98% of atheists are into cults because of her 'one atheist friend'. Let's see if you're smart. smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 11:20am On Oct 27, 2021
LordReed:

Totally mind boggling. Jesus is still riding a horse, a horse shits everywhere with no understanding of decency so I guess heaven's streets of gold have piles of horse shit everywhere. Or maybe the horses of heaven have their own toilet now. LMAO!
grin grin grin
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Exactly my point. The "technology" in heaven is ancient. It's almost as if the people who came up with the concept of heaven also felt that heaven will have the latest "technology", like high-quality chariots, gold plated roads and more.

True. Now those "latest technologies" are now what we've abandoned in the past.
So will heaven advance based on what humans accomplish on earth?
It just goes to show that man created the idea of heaven out of his imagination, based off the era he lived in.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by hupernikao: 11:32am On Oct 27, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, Why Are The Christians Panicking
Do you want to lie to yourself that Most Christians don't dread the anti-christ?
I mean, we saw that here, daily. Your pastors are always thrashing the vaccine, claiming it's the plan of the anti-christ. You people are always afraid when a new technology comes out because you fear that a chip will be implanted in you. Like, that's literally a fact. Christians dread the anti-christ. Like I said, when you noticed a generalization I made that isn't true, why didn't you point it out? You're pointing this one out now because you don't know what else to point out. Sadly, what you pointed out is actually true. Now tell me how that's equivalent to some clown who says 98% of atheists are into cults because of her 'one atheist friend'. Let's see if you're smart. smiley

You see that you are the one that should leave story and face reality. I am not here to argue your imagination with you. But the point here is, the other lady just served you your pills but you are questioning her.

Like I told you, I will be surprised to meet an atheist who hasn't formed his knowledge and decisions about Christians on assumption of generalization. It's one of the key principle of atheism to generalize.

Even in a single response above, you have made over 10 generalized statements. Isn't that an A score in atheism. grin

So, I am not blaming you, I am only letting you know that you shouldn't be fighting the process that birth you.

On what the lady said. She is also using her own perspective to judge all. Even if it's not fair but it's a balance. grin grin
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2021
hupernikao:

You see that you are the one that should leave story and face reality. I am not here to argue your imagination with you. But the point here is, the other lady just served you your pills but you are questioning her.

Like I told you, I will be surprised to meet an atheist who hasn't formed his knowledge and decisions about Christians on assumption of generalization. It's one of the key principle of atheism to generalize.

Even in a single response above, you have made over 10 generalized statements. Isn't that an A score in atheism. grin

So, I am not blaming you, I am only letting you know that you shouldn't be fighting the process that birth you.

You're not bright sha. cheesy
If you were, you'd know that generalization isn't a bad thing as long as it's true.
It's like saying "Most terrorists are Muslims". That is true and a fact. Same thing with "Christians dread the anti-christ", "Christians are panicking because they dread the anti-christ", it's all the same thing. And they're factual. Now tell us how 98% of atheists are involved in one fraternity or the other because of one person? I'm waiting.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Dtruthspeaker: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2021
JideJordan:

Again sir, the validity of my faith is none of your business.

When you bring any subject to a Public Place, it's validity or otherwise is everyone's business.

And to think that you do not say this same thing to the AntiGod people here supporting your invalidity. THE VERY DEFINITION OF BIAS AND INEQUALITY! A SOLID REQUIREMENT FOR QUALIFICATION INTO ANTI-GODISM!
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2021
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! That's why there so many Ex-JW innit. LMFAO!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa, there can never be any ex-JW because real JWs are people who keep searching for the best performing group of believers.
So what you have are people who thought they were once JWs simply because they associated with God's people for some times.
When next you find someone claiming he/she is ex-JW ask him/her if he/she has found a better performing group of believers! wink
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by kingxsamz(m): 11:44am On Oct 27, 2021
hupernikao:

On what the lady said. She is also using her own perspective to judge all. Even if it's not fair but it's a balance. grin grin

Yes, a perspective that is unintelligent.
And yet you jumped in. It takes a dull person to think generalizations are a bad thing, so I'm not Suprised. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by LordReed(m): 11:44am On Oct 27, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
In my very first message, I mentioned that an old friend who claimed to be an atheist, is a cultist. It is same with majority of atheists. I thought an atheist is supposed to be someone who doesn't believe in God, a deity or the supernatural? So why should they belong in a group where they take blood oaths/oath, perform rituals, sacrifice and other strange acts? Why attend strange meetings on timely intervals where the restrict police/public interference, and keep their activities sacred. As for your opinion below, the day you open a thread and talk about Christians who belong to fraternities and cults, then I will also share my thoughts.

Are you aware that fraternities like Free Masons and Rosicrucians do not accept atheists to be members? So which cults are accepting atheists? I am an atheist and I know a Christian who is a Free Mason and when he found out I am an atheist he said they won't accept me so I very much doubt your assertions.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by LordReed(m): 11:49am On Oct 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa, there can never be any ex-JW because real JWs are people who keep searching for the best performing group of believers.
So what you have are people who thought they were once JWs simply because they associated with God's people for some times.
When next you find someone claiming he/she is ex-JW ask him/her if he/she has found a better performing group of believers! wink

Bwahahahahahahaha! So that member of the JW board that left was never really a JW but he was elected into the GB because he was a fake JW. LMFAO!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
LordReed:

Bwahahahahahahaha! So that member of the JW board that left was never really a JW but he was elected into the GB because he was a fake JW. LMFAO!

Excellent! smiley
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Dtruthspeaker: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
Who let dis Uknown Lunatic Dog Out? Did they bomb psychiatric hospital?

onlyforchrist:
You're a mad man walahi. Joke of an homo sapien
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by onlyforchrist: 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hahaha, there's something the yorubas call digbolugi that's exactly what you are.
Oya, continue crying asiwin

Dtruthspeaker:
Who let dis Uknown Lunatic Dog Out? Did they bomb psychiatric hospital?

Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by Dtruthspeaker: 12:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
onlyforchrist:
Hahaha, there's something the yorubas call digbolugi that's exactly what you are.
Oya, continue crying asiwin

grin dey also have wéré-Ajã that's who you proved to be.
Re: I Am Leaving Christianity :-) by truespeak: 12:21pm On Oct 27, 2021
JideJordan:

Please the validity of my faith is none of your business. Thank you.

If you did not wish me to comment on it then you should have kept it in your Private Closet or Anywhere Private but your putting it on a Public Forum to wit Nairaland Definitely makes it my Business!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Na.k£ds Women In His Church For Special Prayers– Photos / This Old God Or No God Question! / Why Are Women Made Inferior To Men In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.