Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? (18146 Views)

Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single / We Kept Ourselves; No Sex Before Marriage: PHOTOS / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Femmyfestus: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Righteousness2:
1. My Standard Principle is to Please GOD First. Be a GOD Pleaser not a man Pleaser.

2. Do unto others what you want them to do to you.

3. Stand on Godliness not with Majority. Majority, most of the times are not right. That Everyone is doing it does not make it right.
Be Led by GOD and HIS Word not by Majority.

4. Nothing on Earth is worth trading my soul For. Absolutely Nothing!

5. Absolute Confidence, Trust and Belief in GOD ALMIGHTY.
Does pleasing God says you should condemn other men of God? Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by YourFavorite21(m): 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
1.Avoid see finish
2.Don't put your hope on any man, he can disappoint you, but God will not disappoint.

4 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by mariahAngel(f): 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
Acidosis:

I agree 100%. Shey I will not come and enroll myself in your school of thoughts bayi

Emi ke? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Klass99(f): 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by kingzy02(m): 6:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kodan:
fear God and always mind your business. e d work like mad
True
paulavon:
Have passionate love for nothing ( drink, food,money,sex,sleep,drug,fashion,etc) so that you can't be easily influenced or controlled by them.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by kingzy02(m): 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
just an addition, a friend told I should never show people what I really like
kingzy02:
True

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Bwilliam(m): 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
AlphaLion:
Hopefully your abroad runs will pay so everybody on nairaland will rest. I even wonder why you returned back to Nigeria after getting the opportunity to leave the first time. No wonder you always sound so frustrated.

Anyway, you are Ibo, so the bitterness about Nigeria na follow come with una. God go do am for you

It's Igbo, you uneducated circus employee.
You wey Nigeria dey knack for knash, how far?
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Princeton92(m): 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Be contented with what you have!

3 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by frankson1(m): 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
anayolity:
Everyone has a principle that guides them in life , some stick to it the entire time while others might break it, learn their lessons and become better at what they believe in.

Over the years one of the Principles that has kept me from betrayal is "Anyone who double crosses his friend/girlfriend debases himself and automatically reduces his lifespan"

Let's learn from yours .

Please feel free to share.

WAY TO THE THRONE ROOM IS THROUGH THE SERVANT QUARTERS.

3 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by PotatoSalad(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Contentment o

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by eyizlive(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Buddha3:
It's important to drink 'beer' at least three days in a week.

-Yesterday
-Today
-Tomorrow.

That's how I live.

I pray for the wisdom to decipher this.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by eyizlive(m): 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
omoyankee3:
Always utilize the principles of convexities and fractals

Time and chance happens to them all

Time and chance? Would have thought that was from the bible, no?
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Six principles and attitude I always remind myself:
1. Be sober
2. Talk less
3. Pay attention more
4. Be proactive
5. Lower your gaze on people and distractions
6. Focus on your goals

5 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Jonah507(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Always assume yourself in someone else's shoes before you act or react.

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by nihinlade(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Serve God and try to please Him.
Calculate your risk well before jumping into it
Avoid debt as much as you can
Go for peace of mind first while trying to be better
Wise financial decisions like saving, investing,
bargaining budgeting and avoiding impulse buying everytime.
Be sensitive and adapt to your environment
Always go for the best you can afford

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by pansophist(m): 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
JESHAL:

It's been so long, I can't recollect which topic, but you were arguing with a Demzeee account on it, you were saying we should be wary of lazy, entitled, narcissistic women with nothing to offer, which I agree completely but your solution was to accept masculine( Feministic trait to me) women with your* hardworking** standard for them, the outlier woman is the Feminine, submissive, family-oriented woman which you didn't butress at all in that discussion

DIfficult to respond without the original topic at hand. You can't hold me to this point, without a reference to the original post in question. Try using the search bar, and insert some catchy word from the post with my name, maybe it would help.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Toks2008(m): 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Honesty.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Dmeji4444(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Learn a way and find your own way

3 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by boninho: 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
Never take what doesn't belong to you no matter how little it is. I just found myself growing up like this, not out of any religious inclination. For e.g., If someone should give me money to give to you, if I get to see you 5years later, I'll return the exact same currency notes to you.

4 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by bimbodotun(m): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
"Let it go"
anayolity:
Everyone has a principle that guides them in life , some stick to it the entire time while others might break it, learn their lessons and become better at what they believe in.

Over the years one of the Principles that has kept me from betrayal is "Anyone who double crosses his friend/girlfriend debases himself and automatically reduces his lifespan"

Let's learn from yours .

Please feel free to share.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Hayee(f): 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
For me o,
The fear of God
Don't be complex about things or go overboard with situations around you, being simple might be more than enough. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I don't believe in friendships angry angry angry
Women supporting women and bro code is completely FAKE tongue tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by lookyzy: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
omoyankee3:
Always utilize the principles of convexities and fractals

Time and chance happens to them all
please, explain these principles. I want to understand them.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Vickyguero17(m): 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hustle tight and hustle like say you get no helper because at the end na you go still face your problems last last. Owo epo won le ba e lá won le gba ko la ti Eje

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by omoyankee3(m): 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
eyizlive:

Time and chance? Would have thought that was from the bible, no?

Yes, it is a quote from the book of ecclesiastics. Very profound.

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
Acidosis:

1. I try to avoid unreasonably high/optimistic expectations.

2. I mind my business and any other business that is capable of harming my business, directly or indirectly.

3. I believe that what God cannot do does exist. #1 God will not honour His name more than His word. #2 He won't lie.

4. I don't keep caeser's possessions, so I owe him NOTHING.

5. I believe in God and I trust His words. I believe in data but I don't trust forecasts.

6. I don't care about winning the rat race. A victorious rat is still a rat.

7. I avoid competition as much as possible.

8. I believe that no one came to this world with a calender so I naturally prefer to act at my own pace. Your Friday can be my Monday. I will party when you're working and work when you're sleeping. That way, I escape unecessary pressure to act like others.
this is how i reason my brother. nice one chaiii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Fidelismaria: 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
AlphaLion:
Hopefully your abroad runs will pay so everybody on nairaland will rest. I even wonder why you returned back to Nigeria after getting the opportunity to leave the first time. No wonder you always sound so frustrated.

Anyway, you are Ibo, so the bitterness about Nigeria na follow come with una. God go do am for you

Shut up! You're not making sense.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Munzy14(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Citygal:
Six principles and attitude I always remind myself:
1. Be sober
2. Talk less
3. Pay attention more
4. Be proactive
5. Lower your gaze on people and distractions
6. Focus on your goals
Impressive.

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Munzy14(m): 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:
Honesty.
Chief toks is that all? cheesy

Should I invite Efcc before you give us a long epistle of your principles grin
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Acidosis(m): 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

Emi ke? cheesy

cheesy Yes, you - Mariah
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Nekky5(f): 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
1) I try as much as possible to do all that is expected of me from God and leave the rest for Him.
2) I do not struggle to change what is not in my power. I leave them to God.
3) I do not compete with anyone therefore not bother who is doing whatever he is doing. Hence am not under any pressure of any sort because it is God only that knows who is above the other. Life begins at when God says it's your time.
3) Am very careful when it comes who I listen to, what I read especially on social media and the people I mingle with.
4)Life is complete with Jesus .

4 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by JoshDiem: 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Write your way into a Million Naira

Yes. We seek to hire both new and seasoned content writers

Responsibilities include:

• Writing clear, concise and compelling contents for various mediums (e.g., ads, blog posts, newsletters)

• Working with creative team members and other professionals on projects

This opportunity is none like no other and is the perfect solution to financial freedom

Remuneration : One Million Naira

To signify your interest, send an SMS or Telegram message to 07054011454
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Acidosis(m): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Klass99:

For real? cheesy

Now, your cool headed, mature, responsible and decent online persona makes a lot of sense.

I find men from the middle belt region to be generally down to earth, honest and hard working.

Anyways, I asked because the men who I have been impressed by and I like in my life are from Edo State.

I thought you might be from there because you blew my mind with the principles that hold you down and keep you grounded.

shocked

Thank you for your kind compliments, Klass. You're an amazing woman.

Edo men are great by the way. Made some friends from that region in my undergraduate days.

May I ask where you are from?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Five Ways To Teach Your Kids Table Manners / Marriage And The Happily Ever After Syndrome: An Alternative Perspective / Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.