Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? (18164 Views)

Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single / We Kept Ourselves; No Sex Before Marriage: PHOTOS / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by dododawa1: 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lol
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by omoyankee3(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
lookyzy:
please, explain these principles. I want to understand them.

Make simple decisions/actions with limited downsides and unlimited upsides(convexities) and repeat those actions consistently. The results will be cumulative and success becomes inevitable.

I recommend you read Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by lookyzy: 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
omoyankee3:

Make simple decisions/actions with limited downsides and unlimited upsides(convexities) and repeat those actions consistently. The results will be cumulative and success becomes inevitable.

I recommend you read Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Thank you sir.

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by onecornerboy(m): 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
Never expect to much from people, accept what u get and move on
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
Stricklybidness:

My man why?
Because my brother, beauty lies in the eyes of the 'beer-holder'.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Fidelmak(m): 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
1.Fear God ( for he can change any situation even that perfect plan you think you have ...anything can happen so fear God)

2. Always say Good things and what you can do (ability) to people...what you say is what they will believe and let your actions reflect in your words(be sincere )

3. Don't ever disclose how much you earn in a month to anyone because they don't deserve to know...(for example if you earn 40k a month you can say you earn more than 20k a month) e get reason o

4. Trust no body with your plan
5. Seek advice after your A--Z plans
6. If their is Hope their is Life (don't give up , always fight for what you want ) their is no crime in failure ,try again
7. Read books on every aspect of life (business, leadership, finance,relationship,technology) this will build your mind and structure the way you speak and interact

8. Always keep a diary (note every events in your life )
9. Emotions are good but don't let it get to your mind
10. Don't live to impress any body (especially ladies )
11. Give ( blessed is the hand that giveth and to the one that taketh) budget your offering, free giving etc (this will help you when you need help)
12. Don't look down on other always learn from others (be respectful)
13. For every decision you make , don't look back or regret ...with time everything will surely be over
14. Always celebrate your success be it little... for doing this ,you pave ways for other success.
15. Always Pray ....(bless each day you wake up )

7 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
eyizlive:

I pray for the wisdom to decipher this.
Just forget about the prayer my brother, and drink a beer.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Dirkcoyt: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
All my principles are control the people, grab the power , by any means necessary , be selfish , I first , I only do it my way . Observe , pick your advise but act like I don’t . Be less spiritual in the eyes of the people so you’re overlooked as naive. Never believe any word from the next person. Make a plan and more plans . Never to be unprepared . There is a solution to every problem just find it . Make the people dependable on you so you can control them , don’t let them speculate about you rather tell them what you want them to know about you then that way you control their mind too . Act a fool and act knowledgeable, be a good orator and sway their mind with countless tales to ensnare them. Bully them and love them , be a Mam of your words even if it’s creating pain to your family to make an example , take the calculated risk and make fear inexistent. Never think of death till you’re old. I’ve escaped far worse situation this ones won’t scare me . Tell half truth . Be honest only when it pays you. I only have interest not friends , keep my circle small. Never make your home the mecca of friends , keep them guessing . Be a ghost in your area, greet no one answer no one .

These are my principles .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Realdeals(m): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
I believe Life is a process and do to others as you want others do to you.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by engrchykae(m): 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
Mine is simple.
Everything I desire is possible.
Hope must be kept alive at all cost.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by EgusiShankly: 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
Acidosis:

1. I try to avoid unreasonably high/optimistic expectations.

2. I mind my business and any other business that is capable of harming my business, directly or indirectly.

3. I believe that what God cannot do does exist. #1 God will not honour His name more than His word. #2 He won't lie.

4. I don't keep caeser's possessions, so I owe him NOTHING.

5. I believe in God and I trust His words. I believe in data but I don't trust forecasts.

6. I don't care about winning the rat race. A victorious rat is still a rat.

7. I avoid competition as much as possible.

8. I believe that no one came to this world with a calender so I naturally prefer to act at my own pace. Your Friday can be my Monday. I will party when you're working and work when you're sleeping. That way, I escape unecessary pressure to act like others.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Charly68: 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
Believe in God ,believe also in yourself
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Rousey(m): 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
1-Be carefull the way you treat others because there is a door behind every that is to say somebody knows someone you done't know 2-the means justifies the end,3- spend below your means,4 trust no one be secretive in all your dealing,5 not everybody likes you,6 done't eat your fruit and eat the seed that is to say save while you earn,7 saving does not make you rich but investment does make you rich-8 is better for God to disapoint you than man to disapoint thats to say done't depend on anyone in life,9-always plan and work towards achieving it, 10- aretimes is better to be alone and work out life than to be with alot of friends and be misled,11- nobody cares about your emotions and feelings when you are with people always smile as if every is ok,-12-smiles are more dangerous than frawning,13 if you live your life pleasing other's then you are a failure,14- a money at hand is better than gold you ve not seen-15 the inform you give others about yourself is what they use in killing you,16- speak less

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Klass99(f): 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Eileene(f): 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
1. Never be too quick to jump into conclusions until you hear the full story in other words never act on a one sided report.

2. Do not strive to gain the love of others but strive to be respected cause love can be faked but respect that is true.

3. Never expect too much from people love
them because you want to but not because you hope they reciprocate in the same measure.

4. Always have a back up;back up friends,backup resources, backup plans. Never rely too heavily on one source.

so many I have just to drop a few.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by jojothaiv(m): 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Never expect much from folks.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by bdon123(m): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
Mine is donot cheat... monetary wise.
Till date i haven't had anyone claim i owe him or cheated him.I will do anything to protect my name n legacy wen it comes to cheating or owing money.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by ledaman: 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Irrespective of the outcome of my actions, I don't get angry over anything..
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by mariahAngel(f): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Acidosis:

cheesy Yes, you - Mariah

Thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by professore(m): 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
To forgive is easy (especially if we ask God to help us do that).
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by oylam(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
Life is meant to be beaten was what my pops taught me and I've followed that rule to date
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by chubarubah(m): 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
One of the principles that keeps me going is to lean on God cus only Jah alone can give satisfaction.

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by glingev(m): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
You wont get out of the world alive, so don't take it too seriously.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Acidosis(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
Klass99:

Thank you too.

The south south region, but not Edo State.

Good to know smiley
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Never to attach emotions to anything I do or situations I may find myself.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by folake4u(f): 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Klass99:

For real? cheesy

Now, your cool headed, mature, responsible and decent online persona makes a lot of sense.

I find men from the middle belt region to be generally down to earth, honest and hard working.

Anyways, I asked because the men who I have been impressed by and I like in my life are from Edo State.

I thought you might be from there because you blew my mind with the principles that hold you down and keep you grounded.

Edo State ke? The ones that I see and know are usually foul mouthed. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by GetMeRight: 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
vivalavida:
Be contented with what you have

Do not envy others

Don't compare yourself to others

Don't owe debt

It depends. If you are a business man, an entrepreneur or an investor, you would realise that loan/debt is a sure way to achieve your dream fast.

3 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by realtalk19: 10:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
Talk less.

Trust no man

Cut your coat according to your size. You cannot please everyone.

Humility is golden.

I don't owe and I do not borrow what I can't pay back or have a means to pay back.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Klass99(f): 11:05pm On Oct 28, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Revolva(m): 11:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
not to trust Nigerian girls
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
Do to others as you would want them do to you. cool
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by promisedeco(m): 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sacchi1162:
Aspire to acquire the Maguire u desire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sisi Quadri Biography: Wife, Age, Net Worth, Cause Of Death / Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason / Woman Welcomes Set Of Triplets After 19 Years Of Childlessness. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.