Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse (53594 Views)

Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by freshvine(f): 9:46am On Nov 09, 2021
Cococandy will be very hot cause she's a recipient of a man's generosity to USA.

The question is, is her man still with her?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Informanta: 9:58am On Nov 09, 2021
I just wish I could narrate my experience
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by okpanachil: 10:02am On Nov 09, 2021
abbey621:
In this life everything na 50% planning 50% blessing. I no date my wife for up to 6 months before I decided to marry her. Brought her to the USA and aside from the normal arguments between couples, no wahala whatsoever, it's been over 5 years now. The greatest advice here is to ask yourself, who does the woman fear or respect? Look at her upbringing, her religious inclination, her views on life and family.

It's quite simple, any woman can mess up for any reason, it is a combination of hormones and nature, the key here is what exactly pulls her back to normalcy? Her parents? God? Love for her kids? Love for her husband? If her motivation is money, clout, fame etc, sooner or later the little love that she has for you would poof and disappear, she would find every reason to leave or destroy you from 30 seconds man to woman beater. Abroad no be 9ja where gra gra works, over here you must operate in stealth mode, never ever put all your eggs in one basket. Even tho you love your wife with all your heart, always have savings/assets set aside for the worst case scenario.....May God help us all!

You see this your post especially that your first paragraph up there ba,flesh and blood did not reveal it to you. You see all this I love you,I love you been professed,it does not cut it in marriage. If you ask me the most important pre-requisite for marriage,it is not love (even though it is important to be mutually attracted to each other) it is how understanding your to be spouse is, his/her upbringing;if its a woman how does her mum relate with the father and if a man vice versa, who does she fear and respect and of course love of God.

Trust me all of these will come to bear on your marital journey.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by okpanachil: 10:02am On Nov 09, 2021
Informanta:

Please tell us, that some persons may learn.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by lordally(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2021
Informanta:

Please na God I take beg you... Narrate your experience make we learn abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Klass99(f): 10:38am On Nov 09, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Lordofalmajiri(f): 10:50am On Nov 09, 2021
Maski87:
No regrets for me,I was a banker before I fled Nigeria to UK things were really hard for me us and our 4 children until my wife started sleeping with this big yoruba man that she was cleaning his house,now na serious enjoyment we dey do,my friends are now saying the didn't know that we have money
Lie small small Oga cool

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Acidosis(m): 11:00am On Nov 09, 2021
Klass99:

Chineke!! cheesy

Acid don't make me laugh please.

Are you not familiar with Debrief's story on this forum?

She shared her personal story years ago and it invalidates what you've said here.

I will try and find a link to her husband's version of the story for you to see. I am coming

grin grin

I'm sure I'll find some loopholes in the story
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Lordofalmajiri(f): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2021
skj1377:
Are you normal Just asking
He just having fun, dontt take him serious
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by belovez(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Disorganisation is our downfall every time.

I invited my wife to join me. No sooner had she entered Dublin than she transformed to a demonic disobedient entity. Truly, I did not spare the rod. Oyinbo neighbour complained. Police wahala. So I made sure that daughter of the Devil left the planet. It is the only way. Just be careful to work alone. Tell nobody - especially other Nigerians. Dig deep and bury them well well.

I will share more advice after I have finished my evening meal prepared by my new woman.

It is fried onion rings, bacon and chips.

Her name is Brenda.

Man you are callous, thou we are waiting for the supposed advice.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by abeggnow: 11:04am On Nov 09, 2021
Differentiate:

But why is it only Nigerians.?
Chinese immigrate same as Indias , Mexicans and all other race . and they abide by the rules and regulations of the country they immigrate to. With their families and loved ones.
Honestly black race is a very special being. Everything about us is disorganized.
it is not a black race issue. it's a matter of allowing false western ideals to displace our culture. the Chinese, Indians, and such when they travel anywhere they still stick to their culture. but we chose to copy mostly American culture not knowing that their culture breeds instability in the home that's why they have the highest divorces in the world.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Klass99(f): 11:08am On Nov 09, 2021
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Acidosis(m): 11:17am On Nov 09, 2021
Klass99:

Just wait, I am still searching the forum........na you go shock grin

Acidosis, please come. I've found it
https://www.nairaland.com/959965/men-learn-mistakes#11063528

Share your thoughts afterwards.

Okay dear. I will smiley
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

What is this one saying? The Bible tells us a husband must rule over his wife.

Ephesians 5:24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Read Ur quote well. The Bible didn't say husband must rule" over wife. He wasnt even talking to husband's at all.
The only time God spoke to husband in dt chapter was when he said "husband's should love their wives as Christ loves the church and gave himself for it". So are U doing the loving as Christ loves the church?

The scripture you quoted was addressed to wives and he is saying dt wives should "subject themselves to their husbands in everything". Any woman dt is well loved has no reason to not subject to her husband. Women even love to do that.

The Bible created marriage between a man and a woman, and for it to work, everyone must play their role as stated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Aaronsrod: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
Leaforever:

Read Ur quote well. The Bible didn't say husband must rule" over wife. He wasnt even talking to husband's at all.
The only time God spoke to husband in dt chapter was when he said "husband's should love their wives as Christ loves the church". So are U doing the loving as Christ loves the church?

The scripture you quoted was addressed to wives and he is saying dt wives should "subject themselves to their husbands in everything". Any woman dt is well loved has no reason to not subject to her husband. Women even love to do that.

We are in agreement my sister.

For a man, to love is to command.

For a woman, to love is to obey her man's command.

If I have a dog (mans best friend abi?) I will love and care for the dog as a beloved member of my household. But if that animal turns against me or dares growl at me then I have an bar of solid blue iron to break its bones and teeth until it accepts its role in the natural order.

Similarly I love my children. I would die for my children so great is my love. But if they steal from me, bear false witness against me, raise a hand to me or otherwise bring shame, then woe be unto them. they shall be fortunate to breathe again.

Living in a white mans country cannot free a woman from her role under the Laws of God as delineated in Scripture.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by mfm04622: 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
The truth is, there are thousands of couples living here without issues. Basing your conclusions on these few stories (normally narrated by mean who can't adapt to the system) is rather ridiculous cause marriages fail everywhere.

Again, if you take your time to follow up on this stories, you'd see they're mostly propagated by men who have refused to be realistic with thier expectations. Here, your wife works as much you as you do, how can you expect her to serve you the way Nigerian women with menial jobs serve thier husbands at home? How do you expect her to do all the house chores alone? You hit a lady and she reports you to the authorities, and then you start saying bringing a woman abroad is a terrible idea. What were you expecting? You cheat and you want her to stay put cause you brought her abroad? Please, just go and price slaves.

Lol!!!
You never read of slaves wey reach abroad open eye? Report to Police and the slave owners are now in prison? That format no dey work ooo
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by mfm04622: 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
nikdam:
[b][/b]

I pity your wife

You mean his servant?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
cococandy:

Right. I take it that God’s law endorses murdering your spouse too doesn’t it?

Yes it does, Ma. If she claimed to a virgin but it turns out she isn't. You can report her so that she's stoned to death for deception. If you married a deflowered girl, she's to be stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 22: 13-21).
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Tunagee(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
Omoluabiii:
Dont ever, ever in your life,
i repeat, dont ever ever in your life, relocate your familiy from here to an european country with the aim of settling down there permanently, you will surely have problem at last.
The best you can do is take her on vacation with your kids, to blow that shallow mind a little, then come back to your country, or
If you hit a fortune, relocate to the vgc or the mega city of that same country, that enough....
Over there, the rules are different from here, a small quarrel or arguement will land you in police custody straight.
Over there you manly right has been narrowed to a thin line, ready to cut at anytime...
Relocating totally to a foreign country is not favourable to the man most times,
remain where you got married.
You can travel over there for vacation or tourism with her and come back, dont ever try to settle there, you go smell pepper.
You dont try to clean the mouth of a viper,
these ladies re viper, tame them in your own courtyard.
A word is enough for the wise

Wow! Great advice

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ImaIma1(f): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
I was listening to the radio and the discussion is on this.

Story1: naija man in US had argument with the wife n she called police that he wants to kill her. Police came, arrested him n after releasing him, asked him to stay away from his wife for 30days. He was staying with his guy, but on the 25th day, the wife called and begged him to return home that she have realized her mistakes. He went and they were discussing when police knocked at the door, she asked him to go n hide in the room. Police asked the wife if he has come home, she said no and the police requested a search, he was found in the toilet. You know the rest of the story

Story2
Oga took his wife to US for holiday and she absconded because she do not want to return to Naija

Story3
A man took his wife to the UK, the wife framed him up, he was arrested. Then the wife filed for asylum, reason that if she return to Nigeria, her inlaws will kill her. Luckily for the man the police knew her plans and sent them both to Nigeria. The man then divorced her

Other stories like men doing house chores etc

With all these stories, a matured mind is needed to confirm and advise

They always forget to add what they did to the wives to make them turn out that way. How have they treated their wives so far?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by drimzsmoke(m): 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Ephesians 5:24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Don't stop there,go 1 verse further,and what did Ephesians 5:25 say?

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by 2buffagain(m): 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:

My brother, I dey reason am.
You fit Don forget ur fuckup but madam not dey forget.
Mk person not come dey go wash pant angry

Nothing wrong with washing pant here aka doing laundry and adding your babes clothes.
There is washing machine for that.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2021
Differentiate:

But why is it only Nigerians.?
Chinese immigrate same as Indias , Mexicans and all other race . and they abide by the rules and regulations of the country they immigrate to. With their families and loved ones.
Honestly black races is a very special being. Everything about us is disorganized.

I work with expatriates here in Nig. If you see the way they treat their wives as if they're the only thing. As if their wives carry the air they breathe.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Disorganisation is our downfall every time.

I invited my wife to join me. No sooner had she entered Dublin than she transformed to a demonic disobedient entity. Truly, I did not spare the rod. Oyinbo neighbour complained. Police wahala. So I made sure that daughter of the Devil left the planet. It is the only way. Just be careful to work alone. Tell nobody - especially other Nigerians. Dig deep and bury them well well.

I will share more advice after I have finished my evening meal prepared by my new woman.

It is fried onion rings, bacon and chips.

Her name is Brenda
[color=#990000][/color].

Psychopath.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by 2buffagain(m): 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

The fact that you used the phrase "must rule" is key to understanding that you are not worthy of the honor of doing so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by blackboy(m): 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
So one has chance to be with his family but no he should leave wife and travel to obodo oyinbo for 2 , 3 etc years? Don't blame devil for anything that happens abroad or in Naija.
Right thing is to be with your family in greener pastures . If you or your wife messes up then the reality has just materialised.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by okewumi: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
Informanta:

Narrate let us learn from you

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2021
freshvine:
Cococandy will be very hot cause she's a recipient of a man's generosity to USA.

The question is, is her man still with her?
Are they separated?

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by loliapoopy2013(f): 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
[quote author=Aaronsrod post=107251974]

[/qu

Rule for which you country
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by BRATISLAVA: 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Who would be conducting this rub .......... wink

Your wife cheesy
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Lexusgs430: 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Your wife cheesy

Haba....... No chidinma's available........ grin
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by BRATISLAVA: 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Haba....... No chidinma's available........ grin

Does ataga ring a bell? cry cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

VACATION: Mid-Air Pictures Of How Another Airplane Accompanied Our Flight. / Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) / How Much Would It Cost To Travel To Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.