Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse (53632 Views)

Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by TheGreatOne90: 7:08am On Nov 09, 2021
takimsipho:
Especially when you were abroad and you came back home to marry a submissive wife you want to use and do anyhow and then it back fires. Most of those women married those men as a means of economic security not because they really loved them. And trust me, even if a naija girl doesn't love you, she will sha marry you to help herself. Just avoid leeches and know that no 21th century woman is olodo. Don't think you can treat them anyhow and expect them to be docile.
You don't need to treat them anyhow buddy, to get served

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by TheGreatOne90: 7:13am On Nov 09, 2021
abbey621:
In this life everything na 50% planning 50% blessing. I no date my wife for up to 6 months before I decided to marry her. Brought her to the USA and aside from the normal arguments between couples, no wahala whatsoever, it's been over 5 years now. The greatest advice here is to ask yourself, who does the woman fear or respect? Look at her upbringing, her religious inclination, her views on life and family.

It's quite simple, any woman can mess up for any reason, it is a combination of hormones and nature, the key here is what exactly pulls her back to normalcy? Her parents? God? Love for her kids? Love for her husband? If her motivation is money, clout, fame etc, sooner or later the little love that she has for you would poof and disappear, she would find every reason to leave or destroy you from 30 seconds man to woman beater. Abroad no be 9ja where gra gra works, over here you must operate in stealth mode, never ever put all your eggs in one basket. Even tho you love your wife with all your heart, always have savings/assets set aside for the worst case scenario.....May God help us all!
I couldn't finish reading, before i concluded, you are really a smart guy. If she doesn't respect anybody or the marriage institution or the fact that, you made it possible for her to have a decent life(so therefore deserves to be respected), then don't bother marrying her. You also need to know the kind of mother she has(very very important). @poster, thanks for this wonderful post. It will really help

6 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Gkemz: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2021
I will never take my spouse to abroad if she's a nurse, doctor or medical practitioner. Also if she's driven by peer influence, I will never take that risk.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by cho25bc(f): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

I did what any husband should do.

I granted her deepest wish.

She has become a free spirit.
Whaow! Okay o lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by TheGreatOne90: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2021
Martinez39s:
Never take your wife abroad and settle there. The laws can be savagely and unjustly weaponized against you by a woman who has simply done her due diligence. Women can be very hideous and devilish.

I know that on this issue people (women and simps) will resort to their staple refrain that men have been abusive and brutally controlling in Africa and the women were simply and righteously standing up from themselves in a country with a working system. grin This is ever rarely the case; the picture is starkly different. No one will tell you how tyrannical, petty, abusive, controlling and cruel wives become against their husbands (innocent or not) when the gynocentric family and domestic violence laws give them all the power and afford them the latitude to indulge their whims and caprices.

I will say no more. slimjohn2k5, don't let anyone deceive you.
Kudos. Have seen countless situations
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Acidosis(m): 7:34am On Nov 09, 2021
If you marry a woman that fears God (or at least her responsible parents), relocating abroad shouldn't be a problem. If the love you both share is all you rely on to see you through, then you're already f**ked.

Something or someone must be able to tame a man or woman to remain sane at every given point. It could be morals, parents, or religion (not the seductive owanbe type of Christians we have in Nigeria though).

If some men can be 100% loyal to their family back in Nigeria despite the opportunity to oppress, misbehave, and marry multiple women, then women can't be all bad when they relocate. Knowing who to marry seems to be the major problem. You can't marry a money-conscious god-less, irreligious Nigerian lady with feminist tendencies and expect her to remain sane when an opportunity is presented. What exactly is going to tame her? Love abi romance? grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by TheGreatOne90: 7:41am On Nov 09, 2021
laiperi:
The best thing you can do for an ingrate, man or woman is to let go and grant her or him their wish.

As you get older and more mature, you will come to realize no one is worth more than your peace of mind, even your favorite kid.

At some point we all do what we want, not what others wish.

Well said. Even your kids, does not have the right, to take away your happiness
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by phenylalanine(m): 7:51am On Nov 09, 2021
Differentiate:

But why is it only Nigerians.?
Chinese immigrate same as Indias , Mexicans and all other race . and they abide by the rules and regulations of the country they immigrate to. With their families and loved ones without any palava of he brought me in and he's demanding for the money I work for .
Honestly black races is a very special being. Everything about us is disorganized.
Guy u only know what is happening in your house, d too might have similar issue
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by TheGreatOne90: 8:04am On Nov 09, 2021
bezimo:

If they are both paying the bills they must both share in the house chores but if its the man paying all the bills the woman must do the chores without complaining..
I agree with this

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Pataricatering(f): 8:07am On Nov 09, 2021
ednut1:
like i said only few people do this. Be like guilty conscience dey worry you lol. Have you beat madam before in Nigeria Have you treated her with disdainhave you prevented her growth career wise. My own uncle wey sponsored his wife to uk for masters was deported 2 years after he came to join her. For 10 years he has not seen his kids. The wife got free house from government and other benefits. He bleeped up tho because he beat his wife.
God bless you . This is what a lot of guys are often dishonest about but will be shouting up and down about wives dealing with men after they lost job or wealth.
Did you treat her well when you had the money ? Did you treat her decently when you had the job and were making money ?
A lot of men assault and commit domestic violence on the wives- when she now calls police ' they won't tell people what they did ' they will be lying about how the women want to destroy them .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ednut1(m): 8:08am On Nov 09, 2021
Acidosis:
If you marry a woman that fears God (or at least her responsible parents), relocating abroad shouldn't be a problem. If the love you both share is all you rely on to see you through, then you're already f**ked.

Something or someone must be able to tame a man or woman to remain sane at every given point. It could be morals, parents, or religion (not the seductive owanbe type of Christians we have in Nigeria though).

If some men can be 100% loyal to their family back in Nigeria despite the opportunity to oppress, misbehave, and marry multiple women, then women can't be all bad when they relocate. Knowing who to marry seems to be the major problem. You can't marry a money-conscious god-less, irreligious Nigerian lady with feminist tendencies and expect her to remain sane when an opportunity is presented. What exactly is going to tame her? Love abi romance? grin

fear of God or being religious means nothing abroad. So if you beat her up na fear of God go prevent her calling police Even so called pastors and pastor mrs dey divorce abroad

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Acidosis(m): 8:10am On Nov 09, 2021
ednut1:
fear of God or being religious means nothing abroad. So if you beat her up na fear of God go prevent her calling police Even so called pastors and pastor mrs dey divorce abroad

A woman that fears God won't end up with a woman beater. You can't fear God and marry a craze-man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Pataricatering(f): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

What is this one saying? The Bible tells us a husband must rule over his wife.

Ephesians 5:24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
its only when u people want women to submit you go dey quote Bible- when you are jumping from skirt to skirt - you won't quote Bible verse against fornication and adultery .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by babajeje123(m): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2021
Now I am scared!

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by TechCapon(m): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2021
Differentiate:

Chinese immigrate same as Indias , Mexicans and all other race . and they abide by the rules and regulations of the country they immigrate to. With their families and loved ones without any palava of he brought me in and he's demanding for the money I work for .
Honestly black races is a very special being. Everything about us is disorganized.
you're just here to defend women

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ednut1(m): 8:13am On Nov 09, 2021
Acidosis:

A woman that fears God won't end up with a woman beater. You can't fear God and marry a craze-man.
keep deceiving yaself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Pataricatering(f): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Read your Bible!

Women must do as their husbands command. This is why wives should not go abroad with us. They will claim 'freedom' and 'equality' under oyinbo satanic system.

We cannot maintain domestic discipline in a land without God's Law.
you are quoting God's law but e be like say you Don murder person.
Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 09, 2021
TechCapon:
you're just here to defend women
You're part of those people that read and don't understand. Where In the above context did I defend women.? What I said applys to both genders..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Pataricatering(f): 8:15am On Nov 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Did you marry a slave.........

When it suits you, the Bible passage to oppress is used.......

Hope you read the other part of the same bible, citing companionship and helper, to each other.....

So blacks that gets divorced/claiming rights in Nigeria, are what ?...

Happy Wife....... Happy Life....... Treat her well, she would not be a Devil...... Be a douche bag, she returns the favour.........
this one seems to have murdered his wife and buried her o .
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Pataricatering(f): 8:17am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

As of this morning Brenda no longer cooks for me.

She is no longer here...
loool . You are a misogynistic idiot with a weird sense of humour .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by TheGreatOne90: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2021
Phut:

You say, Nigerian women cannot make the sacrifice that white women make to make their homes work??

White women, the leaders of Me Too and the Feminist movement?? In terms of racking shoulders with men, black women dey learn work. Nigerian women haven’t even began apprenticeship.
Self hate is shining very brightly because you seem to assume everything white as good.
They seem to be learning work because, our judicial system has not given them opportunity to take advantage of men. Once they step into Europe or America, they put there extreme wickedness to show. That is why our forefathers relegated them to domestic duties alone

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Acidosis(m): 8:21am On Nov 09, 2021
ednut1:
keep deceiving yaself

It is not self-deceit. I don't have to travel to all the countries in the world to understand basic principles of life.

The main point is that absolute freedom is destructive. To remain sane, everybody should be accountable to something, either to their belief in God, their own moral codes, genuine love (though rare) or anything.

How did you live your life at uni when you had no one around to keep you in check? What about your time at NYSC camp? Did your own principle preserved you or you simply acted like the average Roman in Rome?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by colestephan86: 8:23am On Nov 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
I was listening to the radio and the discussion is on this.

Story1: naija man in US had argument with the wife n she called police that he wants to kill her. Police came, arrested him n after releasing him, asked him to stay away from his wife for 30days. He was staying with his guy, but on the 25th day, the wife called and begged him to return home that she have realized her mistakes. He went and they were discussing when police knocked at the door, she asked him to go n hide in the room. Police asked the wife if he has come home, she said no and the police requested a search, he was found in the toilet. You know the rest of the story

Story2
Oga took his wife to US for holiday and she absconded because she do not want to return to Naija

Story3
A man took his wife to the UK, the wife framed him up, he was arrested. Then the wife filed for asylum, reason that if she return to Nigeria, her inlaws will kill her. Luckily for the man the police knew her plans and sent them both to Nigeria. The man then divorced her

Other stories like men doing house chores etc

With all these stories, a matured mind is needed to confirm and advise
You see , most African girls that have travelled around often get there and starts misbehaving, cos they felt they have started earning few thousands of dollars.
I see that they do not cultured, it's only African ladies that does that abroad, Indian ladies in the IT industry earn much more than their African counterparts but you will never see them in the court room with their husband. You will never see Chinese couples taking themselves to court.
But silly black uncultured ladies feel they are on top of the world in a foreign land

8 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by MarketDispatch: 8:30am On Nov 09, 2021
Differentiate:

Chinese immigrate same as Indias , Mexicans and all other race . and they abide by the rules and regulations of the country they immigrate to. With their families and loved ones.

Chinese value their culture, indians value their culture..They bring these practice abroad..whilst we are quick to westernize.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by BRATISLAVA: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2021
ednut1:
For every bad news there are more than 1000 married people enjoying their marriages abroad. Both men and women do all sort of rubbish abroad.
1. No house maid abroad, yet you allow your wife to work and do all chores alone. Some even demand for fresh food. Wont she divorce you after

2. Some men have been beating the wife from Nigeria, the day you slap her here she called police. Is it not justified

3. You cheat without shame, she con do you strong thing. Is she not justified

4. Some bring women abroad and tell her to use your account as salary account. Then you give her a fraction of her own salary o.

The law favours women too because for centuries men have had the advantage. The system corrupts them too, they hear things, see things at work places and lawyers working on commission bases plenty. A woman is entitled to your house after divorce especially if kids are involved, na you go leave. Child support and alimony too dey. Who no like free benefits

Abeg i don tire for man and woman matter hahaha

For once, someone is being truthful on this topic.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by rollywise(m): 8:33am On Nov 09, 2021
ednut1:
like i said only few people do this. Be like guilty conscience dey worry you lol. Have you beat madam before in Nigeria Have you treated her with disdainhave you prevented her growth career wise. My own uncle wey sponsored his wife to uk for masters was deported 2 years after he came to join her. For 10 years he has not seen his kids. The wife got free house from government and other benefits. He bleeped up tho because he beat his wife.

That's a bad wife ordinarily. Maybe it's the way she's behaving to him that prompted the beating. If it's the first time he has beaten her then she has no moral right to abandon him
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by BRATISLAVA: 8:34am On Nov 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Did you marry a slave.........

When it suits you, the Bible passage to oppress is used.......

Hope you read the other part of the same bible, citing companionship and helper, to each other.....

So blacks that gets divorced/claiming rights in Nigeria, are what ?...

Happy Wife....... Happy Life....... Treat her well, she would not be a Devil...... Be a douche bag, she returns the favour.........

You deserve a belly rub.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by samonak(m): 8:35am On Nov 09, 2021
Maski87:

Bros things never hard for you,if you know the kin hardship in London with 4 children, you will understand that money is money
Baba that's no excuse, Must you live in London? You cease being a MAN the minute you abdicate your responsibilities for a woman, That's why God made you the HEAD of your family. Having that appendage in between your leg doesn't make you a man, it's the acceptance of responsibility that ensures that. Biblically, if you fail to provide for your family you're considered worse than an infidel, in my culture, if you're aware your wife is sleeping around and you don't confront her or condone her infidelity, the penalty is imminent death. Guy no be all money be money, besides, a lady loses respect for her man when she takes up the responsibility of catering for the home. Omo, prepare to the wash ur wife undies or worse case scenario na u she go de send to buy condom and wait outside in the harsh winter when she wan fvck her "clients" and also be prepared for premium disrespect from ur kids. Better Man up and stop being a SIMP.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Lexusgs430: 8:45am On Nov 09, 2021
Pataricatering:
this one seems to have murdered his wife and buried her o .

Abstractly buried her with love ....... grin
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Lexusgs430: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You deserve a belly rub.

Who would be conducting this rub .......... wink
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Donaluta(m): 9:06am On Nov 09, 2021
Amanda4life:
IF A MAN TREAT ME LIKE SHIT IN NIGERIA, OVER THERE IN ABROAD I WILL TREAT YOUR Bleep I

Thats why no man will take you abroad .. with this evil mindset

7 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by seanjy4konji: 9:20am On Nov 09, 2021
You make no sense....which country are you fighting for and stop beating around the bush...soro soke....
ednut1:
For every bad news there are more than 1000 married people enjoying their marriages abroad. Both men and women do all sort of rubbish abroad.
1. No house maid abroad, yet you allow your wife to work and do all chores alone. Some even demand for fresh food. Wont she divorce you after

2. Some men have been beating the wife from Nigeria, the day you slap her here she called police. Is it not justified

3. You cheat without shame, she con do you strong thing. Is she not justified

4. Some bring women abroad and tell her to use your account as salary account. Then you give her a fraction of her own salary o.

The law favours women too because for centuries men have had the advantage. The system corrupts them too, they hear things, see things at work places and lawyers working on commission bases plenty. A woman is entitled to your house after divorce especially if kids are involved, na you go leave. Child support and alimony too dey. Who no like free benefits

Abeg i don tire for man and woman matter hahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

VACATION: Mid-Air Pictures Of How Another Airplane Accompanied Our Flight. / I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) / Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.