Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse (53634 Views)

Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Mayflowa(m): 3:16am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Disorganisation is our downfall every time.

I invited my wife to join me. No sooner had she entered Dublin than she transformed to a demonic disobedient entity. Truly, I did not spare the rod. Oyinbo neighbour complained. Police wahala. So I made sure that daughter of the Devil left the planet. It is the only way. Just be careful to work alone. Tell nobody - especially other Nigerians. Dig deep and bury them well well.

I will share more advice after I have finished my evening meal prepared by my new woman.

It is fried onion rings, bacon and chips.

Her name is Brenda.

Wait! Did you just admit to committing a murder? You couldn't divorce her?? You must be a serial killer

6 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by armyofone(m): 3:24am On Nov 09, 2021
omoyankee3:
Just the thought that all it takes to treat his fucup(real or imagined) is to dial 911 can make any woman giddy with power. And power corrupts.

grin furcup treatment of instant madness grin

And absolute power corrupts absolutely cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by LordofNaija: 3:25am On Nov 09, 2021
KarinaLove:

So You Are Proud To Come Online And Tell The Whole World That You KILLED Your Ex-Wife

He is just trolling. Aaron Balogun dey inside one village for Ogbomosho, I'm not even sure he has been to Lagos let alone...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Spherical77(m): 3:45am On Nov 09, 2021
[quote author=Yankee101 post=107448266]The solution is to marry someone who has as much to lose as yourself

The problem begins when you pick a hungry girl and bring her here just to use her and enjoy her labour. It'll backfire cos female rights here are epic

Imagine you marry someone in America who has 2 masters and a great job at Google as a manager. And you're an IT professional too or a doctor. Why would she want to be in the news for disgracing you? Infact she'll work hard to make it work. On the flip side, you bring a girl here, train her to become a nurse and expect her to give you her salary, tolerate your cheating, accept you abusing her and collect the child tax credits every year....she go vex na

Get an equal or richer lady. You both stand to lose if it flops. [b]She'll treat you like an egg[/[/b]quote]Then the Man will treat her like what?

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ogaontop(m): 4:23am On Nov 09, 2021
cococandy:

Right. I take it that God’s law endorses murdering your spouse too doesn’t it?
He doesn't mean it
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ogaontop(m): 4:24am On Nov 09, 2021
cococandy:

In a very Godly way too. cheesy

He doesn’t like satanic laws like equality.
But murder is Holy Spirit sanctioned
Truth remains that many Nigerian women cannot make the sacrifices the white do to make their home work, many are interested in equality of headship but not financially and some are being selfish, even over there, the man's money is for the home and hers is for her!
Not ruling out the fact that many men went abroad with the old African mentality of marriage which isn't obtainable over there!
The last time I visited the states, NY in particular, we went for a show by one yoruba artiste, there are so many single Nigerian girls, while the single guys are scared of dating, let alone marrying them, they even prefer the whites!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bezimo(m): 4:38am On Nov 09, 2021
ednut1:
For every bad news there are more than 1000 married people enjoying their marriages abroad. Both men and women do all sort of rubbish abroad.
1. No house maid abroad, yet you allow your wife to work and do all chores alone. Some even demand for fresh food. Wont she divorce you after

2. Some men have been beating the wife from Nigeria, the day you slap her here she called police. Is it not justified

3. You cheat without shame, she con do you strong thing. Is she not justified

4. Some bring women abroad and tell her to use your account as salary account. Then you give her a fraction of her own salary o.

The law favours women too because for centuries men have had the advantage. The system corrupts them too, they hear things, see things at work places and lawyers working on commission bases plenty. A woman is entitled to your house after divorce especially if kids are involved, na you go leave. Child support and alimony too dey. Who no like free benefits

Abeg i don tire for man and woman matter hahaha

Not really true..in most case they arrived at a deal..sell the house and split the money or they reach an agreement for either to keep the house or car or whatever..its not in law.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bezimo(m): 4:41am On Nov 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Is a man allergic to house chores or it's only women that must do house chores?...

If they are both paying the bills they must both share in the house chores but if its the man paying all the bills the woman must do the chores without complaining..

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bitingcool: 4:45am On Nov 09, 2021
Raalsalghul:

What do you mean by the bolded?

grin grin grin
e reach to ask!
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Nigeriadondie: 4:47am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

I invited my wife to join me. No sooner had she entered Dublin than she transformed to a demonic disobedient entity. Truly, I did not spare the rod. Oyinbo neighbour complained. Police wahala. So I made sure that daughter of the Devil left the planet. It is the only way. Just be careful to work alone. Tell nobody - especially other Nigerians. Dig deep and bury them well well.

I will share more advice after I have finished my evening meal prepared by my new woman.

Her name is Brenda.
Please let me know cos I’m now about to make a decision
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by tiswell(m): 4:47am On Nov 09, 2021
suzyberry:
So what happens if it is the woman that did the taking of the man abroad and the man still dey misbehave?
how many women do take men abroad,compare with the opposite.

Kids must be kids!!!

6 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bezimo(m): 4:50am On Nov 09, 2021
If you take your wife abroad there is a 80% chance she will leave you..making you look like an idiot in the end after sponsoring her with millions.Too many stories that hurt by 9ja men from USA,Canada and UK.

What most guys don't know is that these women pretend a lot in Nigeria once they come abroad and see how the system favours women they start having ideas from bad friends and she takes advantage of the system even more than the white women and in some cases lie on the guy head to the police so they can boot him out of his house and give him restraining order..then divorce him eventually and leave him with neither root nor branch.

Some men can't take that pain and end up killing their wives..that's why we saw a certain trend in the USA at some point of 9ja men murdering their nursing wives..
There are good 9ja women who come abroad and don't change because their character and fear of God is genuine but they are less than 15% of such 9ja women..the remaining of them..nah scam them be.

In most cases very particular with igbo girls brought over as wife..if you hear stories ehn

11 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Phut(f): 4:52am On Nov 09, 2021
smartasuen:

My brother by 'left the planet', do you mean repatriated to Naija or what I am trying not to think? Let us know now o, so we think of ways of saving ur new woman from you.
The writing is on the wall. He said, dig deep ... bury well well and not to tell other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Phut(f): 4:57am On Nov 09, 2021
ogaontop:

Truth remains that many Nigerian women cannot make the sacrifices the white do to make their home work, many are interested in equality of headship but not financially and some are being selfish, even over there, the man's money is for the home and hers is for her!
Not ruling out the fact that many men went abroad with the old African mentality of marriage which isn't obtainable over there!
The last time I visited the states, NY in particular, we went for a show by one yoruba artiste, there are so many single Nigerian girls, while the single guys are scared of dating, let alone marrying them, they even prefer the whites!!
You say, Nigerian women cannot make the sacrifice that white women make to make their homes work??

White women, the leaders of Me Too and the Feminist movement?? In terms of racking shoulders with men, black women dey learn work. Nigerian women haven’t even began apprenticeship.
Self hate is shining very brightly because you seem to assume everything white as good.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by peacefuldude(m): 5:02am On Nov 09, 2021
Hypnotise:
When some Naija ladies reach abroad, they start acting up, following the feminism way. It’s because they suddenly have access to higher income so they feel invincible. Na white omo sure pass.
Na white go treat your Bleep up pass.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bezimo(m): 5:07am On Nov 09, 2021
kolnel:
I won't advise anyone to bring a wife here.
90% of couples who migrated here get divorced within years.
yeah, I do know few who are still together, but its a game of chance.

No mind them.Let them not hear
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bezimo(m): 5:19am On Nov 09, 2021
ziondaughter247:
Nairaland boys, get a life! Always looking for every avenue to bash women. Even those that have no hope of ever travelling to Cotonou in this life will come here and spill trash! So many women file for their husbands to join them abroad, so no biggy!
Abroad no be Nigeria, anybdy wey do anyhow go see anyhow! That is how a sane society works. All the rubbish you would get away with in a disorganized corrupt society like Nigeria, you can't try it over there in civilised society. With the way many of you behave here, don't dare step your dirty feet abroad, because you will surely end up in jail! Lazy entitled corrupt Nigerian men. No one get una time for abroad. That's why most of you are in prison or homeless when abroad..shioor

You should shut up..i have lived abroad for almost a decade and the stories here on how 9ja women leave their husband is a trend known by many..you can't come and talk thrash here at 9ja men because you presume the contributors to this topic live in 9ja..instead of recognizing the thrashy and dishonest way Nigerian wives now conduct themselves abroad and the need to do better..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Basalt(m): 5:38am On Nov 09, 2021
abbey621:
In this life everything na 50% planning 50% blessing. I no date my wife for up to 6 months before I decided to marry her. Brought her to the USA and aside from the normal arguments between couples, no wahala whatsoever, it's been over 5 years now. The greatest advice here is to ask yourself, who does the woman fear or respect? Look at her upbringing, her religious inclination, her views on life and family.

It's quite simple, any woman can mess up for any reason, it is a combination of hormones and nature, the key here is what exactly pulls her back to normalcy? Her parents? God? Love for her kids? Love for her husband? If her motivation is money, clout, fame etc, sooner or later the little love that she has for you would poof and disappear, she would find every reason to leave or destroy you from 30 seconds man to woman beater. Abroad no be 9ja where gra gra works, over here you must operate in stealth mode, never ever put all your eggs in one basket. Even tho you love your wife with all your heart, always have savings/assets set aside for the worst case scenario.....May God help us all!

I currently live and study in Germany and I plan to marry and bring my wife over when I settle abroad.
But please tell me how to have savings/adsets set aside for the worst case scenario.

The stories I hear make me afraid sometimes honestly because I wouldn't like to suffer all these things I am suffering and be empty handed.

I heard that after divorce, the house belongs to the wife. I don't pray for divorce but what about a case where the man doesn't have any house abroad but rather have houses in Nigeria?
Because I wouldn't like to buy house in a system that will give the house to my wife after divorce, and if there is no house abroad, there will be nothing to give after divorce cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by caprini1: 5:46am On Nov 09, 2021
bezimo:
If you take your wife abroad there is a 80% chance she will leave you..making you look like an idiot in the end after sponsoring her with millions.Too many stories that hurt by 9ja men from USA,Canada and UK.

What most guys don't know is that these women pretend a lot in Nigeria once they come abroad and see how the system favours women they start having ideas from bad friends and she takes advantage of the system even more than the white women and in some cases lie on the guy head to the police so they can boot him out of his house and give him restraining order..then divorce him eventually and leave him with neither root nor branch.

Some men can't take that pain and end up killing their wives..that's why we saw a certain trend in the USA at some point of 9ja men murdering their nursing wives..
There are good 9ja women who come abroad and don't change because their character and fear of God is genuine but they are less than 15% of such 9ja women..the remaining of them..nah scam them be.

In most cases very particular with igbo girls brought over as wife..if you hear stories ehn
Well....first and foremost,i love my wife and kids with everything in me.But if at any time the woman cooks up stories of maltreatments and wants to leave,bro ,life no end there o..,she can go with everything ,even the kids sef....na to leave UK japa to Australia.I am someones child and someones sibbling too.I can't kill anyone or allow any woman to kill me .....the kids will forever be my friends,but that doesn't mean make them kill me ,lai lai!....my peace of mind and a very good night sleep ,is worth more than anyone or anything.Die for woman,money,house or children ? Why? When if i die they will move on! Mba o.

14 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by whatalife: 5:48am On Nov 09, 2021
I have read all comments here, for all who say don’t bring Nigeria woman abroad to marry, supposed you guys have daughters, will you be comfortably be saying don’t marry Nigerian women , knowing fully your daughter will one day grow up and get married , will you guys be happy if your daughter are going to be treated with disdain or treated like rags.

9 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Assumptabeke(f): 5:57am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

What is this one saying? The Bible tells us a husband must rule over his wife.

Ephesians 5:24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
The Bible also said that a man should love his wife as Christ loved the church...... Ephesians 5:25,26.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Emmaxmusic(m): 6:07am On Nov 09, 2021
This topic deep

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by abbey621(m): 6:08am On Nov 09, 2021
Basalt:

I currently live and study in Germany and I plan to marry and bring my wife over when I settle abroad.
But please tell me how to have savings/adsets set aside for the worst case scenario.

The stories I hear make me afraid sometimes honestly because I wouldn't like to suffer all these things I am suffering and be empty handed.

I heard that after divorce, the house belongs to the wife. I don't pray for divorce but what about a case where the man doesn't have any house abroad but rather have houses in Nigeria?
Because I wouldn't like to buy house in a system that will give the house to my wife after divorce, and if there is no house abroad, there will be nothing to give after divorce cheesy

There's nothing to be afraid of, just conduct your feasibility study on her very well, also calculate the risk, legally they can't take anything that you own in 9ja but if you married your wife legally in 9ja then she can still sue you and get something from you from a Nigerian court. Ultimately the best assets are those not in your name, those digital or easy to carry. A Patek or Rolex can easily be worth as much as real estate property, always be one step ahead!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Raalsalghul: 6:14am On Nov 09, 2021
whatalife:
I have read all comments here, for all who say don’t bring Nigeria woman abroad to marry, supposed you guys have daughters, will you be comfortably be saying don’t marry Nigerian women , knowing fully your daughter will one day grow up and get married , will you guys be happy if your daughter are going to be treated with disdain or treated like rags.

You should understand that it's not in all cases that the woman is being treated badly.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Klass99(f): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by HRprof: 6:42am On Nov 09, 2021
In conclusion
Bringing Nigeria wife or marring the Oyibo wife the rule remain the same in foreign land. You can not use Nigeria men marriage mentality abroad it will end in disaster either you marry oyibo or Nigerian wife.
Those crying shocked cool should get themselves blame because they refused to believe like Roman when they get to Rome.
I rest my case

6 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Omoluabiii(m): 6:49am On Nov 09, 2021
Dont ever, ever in your life,
i repeat, dont ever ever in your life, relocate your familiy from here to an european country with the aim of settling down there permanently, you will surely have problem at last.
The best you can do is take her on vacation with your kids, to blow that shallow mind a little, then come back to your country, or
If you hit a fortune, relocate to the vgc or the mega city of that same country, that enough....
Over there, the rules are different from here, a small quarrel or arguement will land you in police custody straight.
Over there you manly right has been narrowed to a thin line, ready to cut at anytime...
Relocating totally to a foreign country is not favourable to the man most times,
remain where you got married.
You can travel over there for vacation or tourism with her and come back, dont ever try to settle there, you go smell pepper.
You dont try to clean the mouth of a viper,
these ladies re viper, tame them in your own courtyard.
A word is enough for the wise

10 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Fiscus105(m): 6:51am On Nov 09, 2021
isaacsegun:
God knows that I can never make that mistake of bring my wife come abroad with me... I can't take the risk! I have domineering attitude, and I would never allow all these nonsense i'm hearing women are doing to their spouse overseas. Is either I kill her or she kill me or we kill each other if any woman try nonsense with me just because the law favor her.

Instead to work on ur domineering tendency in other for you to be able to leave in peace,not only with your woman but everybody, you are barking gragra, if u didn't take her abroad, one day you will grow old, all ur youthful bone and agility that are still pushing you will calm totally, by then she would let you EAT ur gragra and satisfy before your exit.

You guys should try to think broadly before you talk and act

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by JIREN01: 6:54am On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Her name is Brenda.
If I get this well, you mean you murdered?
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by crafteck(m): 6:56am On Nov 09, 2021
Fear women.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by TheGreatOne90: 7:04am On Nov 09, 2021
Ofadaman:
The world has change sir,it might be your wife who even takes you away from this country.
Joke of the year. It will be easier for a camel to pass the eye of a needle, than for our own naija sisters, to carry there man go abroad. It will never happen

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

VACATION: Mid-Air Pictures Of How Another Airplane Accompanied Our Flight. / I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) / Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.