Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,803 members, 7,956,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? (11423 Views)

The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board / Cold War Still Rages Between South-South Governors, Godfathers / Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
South West have got more cites than south east.

Obviously cites in South East looks more classic and developed. .. .

Vilages/Towns in SE r actually civilized, with beautiful houses than SW.

Both regions have bad roads, and some disgraceful roofs especially SW.

That is my observation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by waldigit: 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

I don't just argue for the sake of it, I provide irrefutable facts!

Yes, like I stated earlier, prior or during colonial era, Yorubas liked to live in nucleated settlements because of insecurity that pervaded the areas so they settled close to big rocks for protection. That was how Ibadan, Abeokuta etc grew and became cities.

However, in the East, there no need for such since the areas are mostly plain lands with dense forests and largely no rocks. So Igbos chose dispersed settlements. But from 1960's Igbos started moving to the market towns and administration centers.

Stop using books written during colonial times to judge the present, it can only give you unreliable data. That's the same mistake you also make by claiming that Yorubas are the most educated in Nigeria while using 1960 data but recent data shows that Igbos are the most educated.

Egbon, I get am before no be property o.
I quoted that source to let you know that history of Yoruba urbanization which is an important indicator of civilization predated colonial era.
By the grace of God I am a scholar of urban and regional planning for years now. Hence I can tell you there are over whelming validated data to support the findings.
South east people you may say migrates a lot. But they move outside their region mostly. All these are neocolonial trend.
In Urban studies we use standard criteria to assess classification of settlements and urbanization which is global best practice.
Hence I can tell you till date Yorubas are still leading city dwellers technically speaking. This is a great indicator of civilization because cites are centres of civilization.

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

SE is where you get no electricity for days but get estimated billed. And you must pay by force by fire.

Menhhhhh! Me no gree ooooo
your lie no rime,in my village they use to have 22 hours light
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
waldigit:

I quoted that source to let you know that history of Yoruba urbanization which an important indicator of civilization predated colonial era.
By the grace of God I am a scholar of urban and regional planning for years now. Hence I can tell you there are over whelming validated data to support the findings.
Southern people you may say migrates a lot. But they move outside their region mostly. All these are neocolonial trend.
In Urban studies we use standard criteria to assess classification of settlements and urbanization which is global best practice.
Hence I can tell you till date Yorubas are still leading city dwellers technically speaking. This is a great indicator of civilization because cites are centres of civilization.
when you come to urbanization in Nigeria, you give it to SE. . Because everywhere is just developing. . From onitsha to Awka to Enugu, then navigate southbound to Enugu Port Harcourt road down to pH, you will see clear definition of urbanization. . But this is not obtainable in SW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Lolz... Afonjas and imagination
Y not tell me the name of the estate as big as the one I mentioned above in Ibadan?

Anyway since you want us to start listing estate
Drop your list with website first (optional), and I will list the once in Enugu
Let's go!

As for the ph matter, you don't even need to doubt it, infact in next 10 years Aba will have more estate than Ibadan, cos the amount of estate been built Along ph/ABA Express road, replication of Lagos/ogun is currently happening btw Aba and pH the 2 cities are fast joining each other, with more companies building there factory and estate in Abia axis becose of cheaper taxes and expansion,(just use goggle map and view ph/Aba boundary)

Bodija is bigger than what Enugu has to offer and it’s almost the size of Owerri.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

List the cities qualified to be called a city in SE and leave tori.
If we are going by south west standard
We will be having more than 30 cities in a state, cos south east is mostly built up and urbanized than any other region because it has has the highest population density (if you even no what that means)

In anambra we have, ekwulobia, obosi, Nkpor, oba, onistha, awka, nnewi, ihala
Imo has, owerri, orlu, okgiwe, oguta,
Abia has ohafia, umuahia, uturu, umudike, Aba, obehie, abiriba, igbere
Ebonyi has uburu, abakiliki, afikpo, ohazara, okposi
Enugu has Enugu, Nkanu, nsukka, Enugu ezike, agbani

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2021
Grgton:
South West have got more cites than south east.

Obviously cites in South East looks more classic and developed. .. .

Vilages/Towns in SE r actually civilized, with beautiful houses than SW.

Both regions have bad roads, and some disgraceful roofs especially SW.

That is my observation

so does that say the truth still exis,God will bless u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Bodija is bigger than what Enugu has to offer and it’s almost the size of Owerri.
Lolz grin grin cheesy
Typical Yoruba
Anyway
Use that one and console yourself grin
Hahaha

Like I said, mentioned the name of any estate in Ibadan that's as big as Enugu Centenary lifestyle and golf city estate, (so w can use Google statelite view and measure the both and Post screenshot)

3 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
so does that say the truth still exis,God will bless u
you are welcome

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by waldigit: 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
Grgton:
when you come to urbanization in Nigeria, you give it to SE. . Because everywhere is just developing. . From onitsha to Awka to Enugu, then navigate southbound to Enugu Port Harcourt road down to pH, you will see clear definition of urbanization. . But this is not obtainable in SW
You have spoken from your limited experience but to know true position you must go by emphircal fact.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
no b lie Sha...but I go like make Ena comot,but South South say Dem no de join with Ena!
na some talk so,but that will not still change our relationship
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

yes bodija might be bigger!! But hey I don't think so!! Enugu is not just around the government house area, or GRA.. there are lots of different places! Use your Google map!! It will be helpful!
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
waldigit:

You have spoken from your limited experience but to know true position you must go by emphircal fact.
oga this is not what I think. It's from my observation! I think you should consider a traveling tour around SE. It may help your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2021
waldigit:

SE is most urbanized in Nigeria due to her Size and the massive development in recent years!! The only urbanized state in SW is Lagos! Lagos is densely populated just like Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
Aba,Enugu,Onitsha,Owerri,Abakiliki,Umuahia,Akwa,Nnewi and many other small city

Hahahahahhahaha! And this is your standard?? cheesy

Dude! Ibadan and Abeokuta is more developed than those places. Oshogbo and Akure are far better than Aba, Umuahia, Abakaliki, Awka and Nnewi. Gbam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Lolz grin grin cheesy
Typical Yoruba
Anyway
Use that one and console yourself grin
Hahaha

Like I said, mentioned the name of any estate in Ibadan that's as big as Enugu Centenary lifestyle and golf city estate, (so w can use Google statelite view and measure the both and Post screenshot)

Is Bodija not an Estate? You can do that without doing ojoro. I am here to learn and teach if possible.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
na some talk so,but that will not still change our relationship
na watin dere asari dokunbo de talk ooo.... say Ena de put hope for there crude oil!
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Is Bodija not an Estate? You can do that without doing ojoro. I am here to learn and teach if possible.

Lolz... So bodjia is no longer a government reserve Area, built up in the 70's
Because I thought we where talking about private housing estate, (estate built by private companies)
Anyway what's the landmass of bodjia?

The moment you said Ibadan has more estate than enugu was when I noticed you ooze ignorance,
Anyway you can learn about the the private estate I mentioned by clicking on these link

https://www.nairaland.com/6265505/2020-updates-enugu-centenary-city

Make sure you don't cry when doing that

4 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Dude! Ibadan and Abeokuta is more developed than those places. Oshogbo and Akure are far better than Aba, Umuahia, Abakaliki, Awka and Nnewi. Gbam
Aba is more developed than Ibadan and order town/village u mentioned here

2 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
This comparison is really not necessarily!!

But the truth is cites in SW looks less classical as to the ones in SE. . .. people who travel alot would confirm this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Lolz... grin grin grin

Nigerians eh!...
This one seriously called rural oshogbo a city.... Lolz
Chia... U seriously need to travel to S.E it was shock you that Abiriba, oba or obosi would easily trash oshogbo
Oshogbo looks so ancient and rural, is not even Worthy to be a l.g.a headquarters down east

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
na watin dere asari dokunbo de talk ooo.... say Ena de put hope for there crude oil!
u forget say Abia and Imo get oil and Abia na the 4 highest oil producing state in nigeria
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

If we are going by south west standard
We will be having more than 30 cities in a state, cos south east is mostly built up and urbanized than any other region because it has has the highest population density (if you even no what that means)

In anambra we have, ekwulobia, obosi, Nkpor, oba, onistha, awka, nnewi, ihala
Imo has, owerri, orlu, okgiwe, oguta,
Abia has ohafia, umuahia, uturu, umudike, Aba, obehie, abiriba, igbere
Ebonyi has uburu, abakiliki, afikpo, ohazara, okposi
Enugu has Enugu, Nkanu, nsukka, Enugu ezike, agbani

Dude! Can you please define what a city is?
Dude is even mentioning Igbere, Umudike etc as city. Shuuuu! shocked

You are wasting my time.

I have been to Igbere, Umudike,Umuahia, Orlu, Oguta, Okigwe, Nnewi, Nssuka etc and you believe they are standard of cities in SE. what!? grin

Aminchi and some places in Anambra are where I have been too.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Dude! Can you please define what a city is?
Dude is even mentioning Igbere, Umudike etc as city. Shuuuu! shocked

You are wasting my time.

I have been to Igbere, Umudike,Umuahia, Orlu, Oguta, Okigwe, Nnewi, Nssuka etc and you believe they are standard of cities in SE. what!? grin

Aminchi and some places in Anambra are where I have been too.

now say thay truth.
Do they have brown roof, or looks Rusty like what you call cities in South West?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
u forget say Abia and Imo get oil and Abia na the 4 highest oil producing state in nigeria
I no nothing bro....as I de like this,na how to leave this country b my agenda!
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
Aba is more developed than Ibadan and order town/village u mentioned here

Does Aba that I know have golf courses, polo club, stadiums, international schools, universities, recreation parks, sgr rail, research centers etc?
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:
now say thay truth.
Do they have brown roof, or looks Rusty like what you call cities in South West?

Of course! Brown roof plenty
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Of course! Brown roof plenty

That means you don't Know where you went to haha grin grin

Or you visited those area in your imagination
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 11:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Lolz... So bodjia is no longer a government reserve Area, built up in the 70's
Because I thought we where talking about private housing estate, (estate built by private companies)
Anyway what's the landmass of bodjia?

The moment you said Ibadan has more estate than enugu was when I noticed you ooze ignorance,
Anyway you can learn about the the private estate I mentioned by clicking on these link

https://www.nairaland.com/6265505/2020-updates-enugu-centenary-city

Make sure you don't cry when doing that

Dude I am done with you.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 11:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

That means you don't Know where you went to haha grin grin

Or you visited those area in your imagination
grin

I can still remember Orji’s house in Igbere. Na fact.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Lolz... grin grin grin

Nigerians eh!...
This one seriously called rural oshogbo a city.... Lolz
Chia... U seriously need to travel to S.E it was shock you that Abiriba, oba or obosi would easily trash oshogbo
Oshogbo looks so ancient and rural, is not even Worthy to be a l.g.a headquarters down east

That’s why you don’t know Osogbo because you have never been there. It’s more modern than Abakaliki, Umuahia etc

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

That’s why you don’t know Osogbo because you have never been there. It’s more modern than Abakaliki, Umuahia etc

Lolz...
You mean this abakiliki?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari Participates At Opening Ceremony Of 5th AU-EU Summit (photos) / Again, Dino Melaye Fails To Appear In Court Over Gunrunning Charges / APC Hacking Claims Show The Party Is Afraid Of The Inevitable Atiku Win In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.