Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? (10718 Views)

The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board / Cold War Still Rages Between South-South Governors, Godfathers / Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 9:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
the truth is without lagos in sw there is nothing more

If you do top 10, there will be 3 SW cities in top 3.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

Those ones na Cities?

Lol, Nigercity I've been to all those places and believe me apart from Offa in Kwara, they are what we call ancient villages in SE.

Or is it because of the new empty main road in Owo that it turned to a city?

Ndi mmadụ sef

Yorubas naturally loves slum
Even here in Lagos you can't compare surulere (where Igbos leave) to Alimosho

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

Whenever you guys mention Lagos, I will just laugh. So Hausas or Gwaris will come out in 2050 and start claiming responsibility for Abuja?

So if Nigeria didn't make Lagos the federal capital, you all won't have any city of worth? Isn't it a shame that your so called cities are all rustic with dilapidated buildings and very narrow roads?

The rest of Nigeria has left SW behind yet you want to die on top Lagos. SMH.
behind indeed....watin de for whatever state you dey,we don travel alot as a site worker,Lagos,kano,rivers and kaduna na does ones strong,all the rest na on God....no come here de form watin u don't know....na only politicians de pack money for Abuja,I was at zone 5,some weeks ago,I will still come to maitama. some days to come,Airtel office close to NEPA head quarter,yes the North will claim Abuja because is not your father's Father land,it belongs to north!
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 9:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
RENOWNED2:
I heard somebody call illaro a city. Make una dey fear God for nairaland o.

Na wa
don't mind them every village has turn city,we all know that nigeria is still developing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 9:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

If you do top 10, there will be 3 SW cities in top 3.
lagos is the only place qualified to be called city in south west others are capital towns and glorified village

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
behind indeed....watin de for whatever state you dey,we don travel alot as a site worker,Lagos,kano,rivers and kaduna na does ones strong,all the rest na on God....no come here de form watin u don't know....na only politicians de pack money for Abuja,I was at zone 5,some weeks ago,I will still come to maitama. some days to come,Airtel office close to NEPA head quarter,yes the North will claim Abuja because is not your father's Father land,it belongs to north!
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 9:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

LOL.
It is either you like deceiving yourself or you are talking out of ignorance.
Anybody that have travelled round Nigeria must have noticed that when it comes to number of cities (Nigerian Standards) SE edges other regions out.
Coming to livable cities, SE still edges others out followed by SS then North before SW.

I am not talking for arguments and if you read everything I type here you won't see any reason to reply or challenge it.
Let me explain the difference for you.
What you call cities by Nigerian standards is what an average Igbo town has (working market, health care, basic amenities like schools etc)
Moving from the south to the North one notices something like moving from walled houses to those without walls.
SE and most parts of SS don't construct buildings without demarcating with walls and gates. This is not something you can see easily in SW or North (though unrelated in development but shows differences in living conditions and quality placed in where one lives)

Now let's go to sanitation and hygiene. I don't mean to insult some people but anyone that have visited or lived in different parts of Nigeria will know that SW in general place little or no importance on Personal hygiene.
Hygiene like building toilets and maintaining houses is something alien to SW and North.
In SW it is very difficult to see shops selling tissues especially in Ibadan because the people don't use it
Anybody that have lived in Ibadan will attest to the fact that is is very difficult to see houses with toilet. Though the North also fall for the same thing but in SE it is considered as a taboo. Other Nigerians visiting SE always say the people place too much importance on where they defecate.

If we are to be honest with ourselves and talk from what we say ourselves not media propaganda, SW and the North are no where near SE.
And also SW is no where near North in livable cities as well if we want to be honest with ourselves

Ibadan alone has more estates than any cities in Nigeria besides cities in Lagos and Abuja.

Keep fooling yourself.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 9:52pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
lagos is the only place qualified to be called city in south west others are capital towns and glorified village

Then list the cities qualified to be called a city in SE.

Just travel out and learn.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Ibadan alone has more estate than any cities in Nigeria besides cities in Lagos and Abuja.

Keep fooling yourself.
Brown roof estates you mean.

Please I am talking about where human beings can live

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
abuja is for nigeria how ibadan is for oyo state and we are all nigerians,so forget the location .Abuja is not even a state

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
abuja is for nigeria how ibadan is for oyo state and we are all nigerians,so forget the location .Abuja is not even a state
I think say Ena wan move to Biafra....we all know Abuja is the capital of the country!
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

Brown roof estates you mean.

Please I am talking about where human beings can live

I lived in SE for almost a decade. It’s where I saw 4 families share 3 bedrooms flat with only one toilet and bathroom.

They keep bucket to shi.t in their rooms.

This is very common.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

I lived in SE for almost a decade. It’s where I saw 4 families share 3 bedrooms flat with only one toilet and bathroom.

They keep bucket to shi.t in their rooms.

This is very common.
Ibadan is not in SE my dear

6 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Aphrygian(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

All the things they call cities in SW cannot be called town in SE and what we call villages in SE is what they glorify as mega cities in SW.

You have to understand the difference between our standards and theirs.
Sometimes I blame our people for looking down on ourselves.

Look at this Akure below, if it was in SE would anybody call it a town talkless of City?
It is a capital oh, now imagine how all those things he listed would look like
this your post as ignorance embedded in it,is this pics a pics of Akure or idanre? You igbos are just too naive, I only blame those responding to you ignorant fellas.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

Ibadan is not in SE my dear

SE is where you have 3 or 4 deckings houses without water running in taps. One has to buy water and carry up to your flat.

Menhhhhhhh! Suffer Dey dis country ooooo.

3 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

SE is where you have 3 or 4 deckings houses without water running in taps. One has to buy water and carry up to your flat.

Menhhhhhhh! Suffer Dey dis country ooooo.
Lagos is not part of SE
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
temitope27:
u mean that potopoto grin grin grin grin grin
they is no place in nigeria without bad road even lagos and abuja,da there da condemn Aba,its still growing and will continue to grow. come to Aba and wise up

5 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

Lagos is not part of SE

SE is where you get no electricity for days but get estimated billed. And you must pay by force by fire.

Menhhhhh! Me no gree ooooo

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Ibadan alone has more estates than any cities in Nigeria besides cities in Lagos and Abuja.

Keep fooling yourself.
Oga it's a very big lie
I onced believed this your rubbish lie
Untill I did my own research
Ph and Enugu have more housing estate than Ibadan, even in South West ogun has more estate than Ibadan
(Ibadan have more G.R.A, yes! but not estate)
Infact there is no estate in Ibadan as big as Enugu Centenary lifestyle and golf city,
If there's any tell me the landmass lemme compare
Ibadan is in the level of owerri in having estate, and with the ongoing think home idealogy going on in east, owerri will Soon over take Ibadan, in having private housing estate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

SE is where you get no electricity for days but get estimated billed. And you must pay by force by fire.

Menhhhhh! Me no gree ooooo
LOL grin you no well.

But that one na general problem for Nigeria na
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Abagworo(m): 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

I don't think so.
SW might have more slums than SE not cities.

What you call Villages in SE is what they call Cities in SW except that the Villages in SE has more modern Houses than the cities in SW.

I am talking from what I saw with my two eyes not media propaganda.
As for the mythical creation. Which city did the Europeans create in Igboland? Apart from the role they played in Enugu as a regional Capital where else?

Is it Onitsha, Nnewi, Nkpor, Obosi, Awka etc that we are still watching as they are transforming into modern cities?
Or are we in Anambra for example "Europeans?"

Igbos never saw any reason to live in concentrated settlements because we fought less wars and therefore needed less need for protection. We lived in villages that were densely populated but yet rural as we still have them today. Cities were introduced into Igboland by Europeans which is why Igbo cities look better planned than the ones in Yorubaland and Northern Nigeria. Let's put sentiments aside as living in cities is not better than living in rural areas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Abagworo:

Igbos never saw any reason to live in concentrated settlements because we fought less wars and therefore needed less need for protection. We lived in villages that were densely populated but yet rural as we still have them today. Cities were introduced into Igboland by Europeans which is why Igbo cities look better planned than the ones in Yorubaland and Northern Nigeria. Let's put sentiments aside as living in cities is not better than living in rural areas
I don't know where you are talking about but here in Anambra, we don't have a town that can be classified as rural.

Maybe you should be more specific and give the names from your state.

Every town in Anambra is up to city status by SW standards.
If they can consider Ogbomosho, Ota, Ondo, Owo and Ilesha as city then every town in Anambra is a mega city because I have visited all of those places and they are not near to anywhere in Anambra.

So maybe many Villages in your state can fill the local status quota you are talking about in SE. The United State of Anambra doesn't have any in that status/condition to contribute

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
I think say Ena wan move to Biafra....we all know Abuja is the capital of the country!
Atlease we never commot
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Oga it's a very big lie
I onced believed this your rubbish lie
Untill I did my own research
Ph and Enugu have more housing estate than Ibadan, even in South West ogun has more estate than Ibadan
(Ibadan have more G.R.A yes but not estate)
Infact there is no estate in Ibadan as big as Enugu Centenary lifestyle and golf city,
If there's any tell me the landmass lemme compare
Ibadan is in the level of owerri in having estate, and with the ongoing think home idealogy going on in east, owerri will Soon over take Ibadan,

One estate in Ibadan is almost the size of Owerri.

List the estates in Enugu. I agree with that of PH.

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Then list the cities qualified to be called a city in SE.

Just travel out and learn.
I was born and bred at ojo lagos and i live and students now at delta state i visit Aba/portharcourt every holiday.am the one that should advise u to travel
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

LOL grin you no well.

But that one na general problem for Nigeria na

Na true but those outrageous bills in SE no bi here.

The oppression there is too much and I can understand why they are agitating.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

List the cities qualified to be called a city in SE and leave tori.
forgiveness:

Lolz... Afonjas and imagination
Y not tell me the name of the estate as big as the one I mentioned above in Ibadan?

Anyway since you want us to start listing estate
Drop your list with website first (optional), and I will list the once in Enugu
Let's go!

As for the ph matter, you don't even need to doubt it, infact in next 10 years Aba will have more estate than Ibadan, cos the amount of estate been built Along ph/ABA Express road, replication of Lagos/ogun is currently happening btw Aba and pH the 2 cities are fast joining each other, with more companies building there factory and estate in Abia axis becose of cheaper lands,taxes and expansion,(just use goggle map and view ph/Aba boundary)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
I was born and bred at ojo lagos and i live and students now at delta state i visit Aba/portharcourt every holiday.am the one that should advise u to travel

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Aba,Enugu,Onitsha,Owerri,Abakiliki,Umuahia,Akwa,Nnewi and many other small city

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

lolzz one estate in Ibadan larger than owerri Owerri municipal, owerri west and owerri North

My brother you need to travel small. Stop saying nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
Favour623:
Atlease we never commot
no b lie Sha...but I go like make Ena comot,but South South say Dem no de join with Ena!
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
Grgton:
lolzz one estate in Ibadan larger than owerri Owerri municipal, owerri west and owerri North

My brother you need to travel small. Stop saying nonsense

Leave the ignorant folks
They will just be talking anyhow

Ibadan having a few private estate above owerri
And Enugu have more estate than Ibadan, infact Enugu Centenary lifestyle and golf city estate is bigger than the anything the call estate in Ibadan

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Are Ready To Take Over Power In 2023, Labour Party Boasts / Chief M.k.o Abiola: A Hero, A Legend, A True Democrat!!! / Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.