Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? (10735 Views)

The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board / Cold War Still Rages Between South-South Governors, Godfathers / Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by 9japride(m): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2021
This question is not necessary. South West is bigger and should have more cities. As regards livable, I won't comment on it. Is it the advance villages found in all states that one will call a city?

2 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Sammy07: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

And you even forgot okigwe in IMO,
Let's even forget Abiriba (ohafia)
Go to the northern part of the country, many folks don't even know ogbomoso, ijebu ode,ilesha and Ado ekiti

Pls who knows Abiribaba or wetin u call am outside south east? cheesy
Okigwe? What the fvck is that

8 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Sammy07: 8:57am On Oct 31, 2021
9japride:
This question is not necessary. South West is bigger and show have more cities. As regards livable. I won't comment on it. Is it the advance villages found in all states that one will call a city?

True SW is bigger.

My first time being in Enugu and Owerri (2013), was just surprised some 10/12 local governments merged together no reach some towns in SW.
Anyways sha, i won't comment.

Ogbomosho north/ and South is bigger than Anambra

I've not even mentioned the 4 local governments of Ife, Oyo East/West, Ondo East/West.

8 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by achi4u(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2021
All this talk about Abakaliki vs Ado ekiti is a very big insult to Ai city.

Find another city to compare with Abakaliki.

S. East is more modern with the state of the art facilities than SW.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Sammy07: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2021
EmekaA125:
This question was thrown open in an argument. I wasn't in a haste to give my answer.

Sincerely, I want to know between SouthEast(Igbo) and SouthWest(Yoruba) which region got more cities and livable towns.

Please, if your plan is to derail this thread or give it ethnic colouration, don't bother commenting. Thanks!!!

Until you divide Oyo state into 5 states then we can come and follow ur argument
SE is a few km bigger than Oyo state.

How do u expect a state (OYO) that has 5 states within (SE) to develop massively than SE?

10 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Sammy07: 9:07am On Oct 31, 2021
achi4u:

Abakaliki just got developed recently.

7 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Biafrarep(m): 9:10am On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
I serve at owerri,have been to Calabar....nothing de those places,na y all of Ena de run go north and west!

You all are full of sh1t. What is in the west outside Lagos? What is in the North outside Abuja?

What can you find in Kano or Oyo that you want find in Anambra?

What is in Ondo or Ogun that you won't find in Imo or Abia? Forget about those industries in Agbara and Ota, they are part of greater Lagos.

Igbos travel far and wide to do business since they naturally do better in it than most others and not because those places are necessarily more developed.

Gosh, most of you are so deluded and ignorant!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Biafrarep(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2021
Sammy07:

Until you divide Oyo state into 5 states then we can come and follow ur argument

How do u expect a state (OYO) that has 5 states within (SE) to develop massively than SE?

Another ignorant view. Niger state is 5 times bigger than Oyo state, so why not divide Niger state into 5 states since it's now about landmass?!

The IQ of most of you from the SW are so abysmal. Tufiakwa!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by light193: 9:22am On Oct 31, 2021
In simple term....sw is more urbanisation than se.
Pls answer the simple questions during the important festive in sw people travel from the respective village to town to celebrate where in se they travel from there town to village celebrate.
Every Yoruba villages attach to every yoruba town,because most of yoruba villages are farm settlement where people go to work and return home to rest.
In osun state alone we have more than 10 towns osogbo, ife, ede, ilesa, iwo, ikirun, ejigbo and so on...
Secondly take quickly look at your map and see how many town will pump up in sw and se.
Thirdly how many town get telephone code in se and see how many from sw.

5 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by jamesversion: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

Southwest is far more urbanised than the South East..

The question of urbanisation isn’t a claim of superiority of one zone over the other.
Ndigbo are known to be more attached to their villages.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Anambra - Awka, Nnewi & Onitsha
Ebonyi - Abakaliki & Afikpo
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ekiti - Ado Ekiti, Ikere Ekiti
Ogun- Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, Ota
Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo
Osun- Osogbo, Ife, Ilesha
Oyo- Ibadan, Ogbomoso, Oyo,

What are your parameters for cities??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Sammy07: 9:48am On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

Another ignorant view. Niger state is 5 times bigger than Oyo state, so why not divide Niger state into 5 states since it's now about landmass?!

Niger state is bigger than SW times 2.
Why is SW more developed than Niger state.

You love using wrack logic, but you don't want us to use the same on South East

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Starcrest1: 9:48am On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

Or divide The United states into 445 countries for it to develop because 445 Israels can fit into the US.

That guy doesn't have a single sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by 9japride(m): 9:51am On Oct 31, 2021
Sammy07:

True SW is bigger.

My first time being in Enugu and Owerri (2013), was just surprised some 10/12 local governments merged together no reach some towns in SW.
Anyways sha, i won't comment.

Ogbomosho north/ and South is bigger than Anambra

I've not even mentioned the 4 local governments of Ife, Oyo East/West, Ondo East/West.
[color=#006600][/color]

Anambra is a small state, though bigger than Lagos state. The northerners are really blessed with landmass. Size don't really matter in productivity. Government needs to pick various emerging cities in the country and start rapid development of modern infrastructure and develop the tourism potentials amongst them. Though insecurity needs to be tackled first.

2 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Sammy07: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Anambra is a small state, though bigger than Lagos state. The northerners are really blessed with landmass. Size don't really matter in productivity. Government needs to pick various emerging cities in the country and start rapid development of modern infrastructure and develop the tourism potentials amongst them. Though insecurity needs to be tackled first.

Omo, North is blessed with landmass, I dey north like this just hoping to get out in weeks time.

The sun no be here

7 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by LILTJAY: 10:01am On Oct 31, 2021
achi4u:

which of the southeast? The one in Nigeria or asia? grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by 9japride(m): 10:10am On Oct 31, 2021
Sammy07:

Omo, North is blessed with landmass, I dey north like this just hoping to get out in weeks time.

The sun no be here
[color=#006600][/color]

grin I dey tell you. The sun is really hot over there. They are really blessed; landmass, solid minerals, tourism etc. Enjoy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by waldigit: 10:20am On Oct 31, 2021
A world Bank report has established it years ago that Yorubas are the most urbanised south of Sahara. That's an authority.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

You all are full of sh1t. What is in the west outside Lagos? What is in the North outside Abuja?

What can you find in Kano or Oyo that you want find in Anambra?

What is in Ondo or Ogun that you won't find in Imo or Abia? Forget about those industries in Agbara and Ota, they are part of greater Lagos.

Igbos travel far and wide to do business since they naturally do better in it than most others and not because those places are necessarily more developed.

Gosh, most of you are so deluded and ignorant!

drug business or what,na Yoruba no de travel.....go to peckham in UK,you go think say u de osogbo...go to Atlanta in US,you go think say you de ibadan.....Lagos on is own is a country,that why we are proud with it....70% of your people make it in Lagos than South East,so Lagos is not your mate!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2021
waldigit:
A world Bank report has established it years ago that Yorubas are the most urbanised south of Sahara. That's an authority.

Which of the states? Lol
You guys are funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
drug business or what,na Yoruba no de travel.....go to peckham in UK,you go think say u de osogbo...go to Atlanta in US,you go think say you de ibadan.....Lagos on is own is a country,that why we are proud with it....70% of your people make it in Lagos than South East,so Lagos is not your mate!

So you are saying igbos are contributing more to the development of Lagos ?
That's good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 10:45am On Oct 31, 2021
Broveens42:

So you are saying igbos are contributing more to the development of Lagos ?
That's good
the same development you cannot contribute to your regions....if your region was develop,you would have stayed put,but you all run to Lagos that is already developed with a polythene bag to husstle.....you guys we now come on social media that Lagos is a no man's land,we want to know if it is your father's Father land!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 10:46am On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
the same development you cannot contribute to your regions....if your region was develop,you would have stayed put,but you all run to Lagos that is already developed with a polythene bag to husstle.....you guys we now come on social media that Lagos is a no man's land,we want to know if it is your father's Father land!

Are you admitting that igbos are contributing more to the development of Lagos?
Yes or no?

4 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by aminusodiq(m): 10:57am On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

The question of urbanisation isn’t a claim of superiority of one zone over the other.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo

you never put lagos o
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by gidgiddy: 11:18am On Oct 31, 2021
Sammy07:

Besides Lagos, which is the former capital territory of Nigeria, no city in the South west can compare with the city of Onitsha in terms of development

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by LILTJAY: 11:34am On Oct 31, 2021
Apart from lagos and abuja, the rest nigeria cities are crap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 11:35am On Oct 31, 2021
Asides Lagos, I wonder why anyone would say Southwest has more cities..
Hello?
We are talking city here.... This is owerri city

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo

LOL.
It is either you like deceiving yourself or you are talking out of ignorance.
Anybody that have travelled round Nigeria must have noticed that when it comes to number of cities (Nigerian Standards) SE edges other regions out.
Coming to livable cities, SE still edges others out followed by SS then North before SW.

I am not talking for arguments and if you read everything I type here you won't see any reason to reply or challenge it.
Let me explain the difference for you.
What you call cities by Nigerian standards is what an average Igbo town has (working market, health care, basic amenities like schools etc)
Moving from the south to the North one notices something like moving from walled houses to those without walls.
SE and most parts of SS don't construct buildings without demarcating with walls and gates. This is not something you can see easily in SW or North (though unrelated in development but shows differences in living conditions and quality placed in where one lives)

Now let's go to sanitation and hygiene. I don't mean to insult some people but anyone that have visited or lived in different parts of Nigeria will know that SW in general place little or no importance on Personal hygiene.
Hygiene like building toilets and maintaining houses is something alien to SW and North.
In SW it is very difficult to see shops selling tissues especially in Ibadan because the people don't use it
Anybody that have lived in Ibadan will attest to the fact that is is very difficult to see houses with toilet. Though the North also fall for the same thing but in SE it is considered as a taboo. Other Nigerians visiting SE always say the people place too much importance on where they defecate.

If we are to be honest with ourselves and talk from what we say ourselves not media propaganda, SW and the North are no where near SE.
And also SW is no where near North in livable cities as well if we want to be honest with ourselves

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2021
Broveens42:

Are you admitting that igbos are contributing more to the development of Lagos?
Yes or no?
capital no!

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This is undebatable.

Abia- Umuahia & Abba
Enugu - Enugu & Nsukka
Imo- Oweri & Orlu

Ondo - Akure, Ondo, Owo

Lol. What do you understand by urbanization?
Some of you just come online and dish out what ever you like.

An urban area, or built-up area, is a human settlement with a high population density and infrastructure of built environment. Urban areas are created through urbanization and are categorized by urban morphology as cities, towns, conurbations or suburbs~ Wikipedia

Imo state alone has so many urban settlements Unknown to you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
capital no!

Hahahaha. I was expecting this.
You have clearly contradicted yourself by this reply. Funny guy
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by uthlaw: 11:55am On Oct 31, 2021
Broveens42:

Hahahaha. I was expecting this.
You have clearly contradicted yourself by this reply. Funny guy
why didn't you develop your region,if you contribute to Lagos!

3 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Broveens42(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

LOL.
It is either you like deceiving yourself or you are talking out of ignorance.
Anybody that have travelled round Nigeria must have noticed that when it comes to number of cities (Nigerian Standards) SE edges other regions out.
Coming to livable cities, SE still edges others out followed by SS then North before SW.

I am not talking for arguments and if you read everything I type here you won't see any reason to reply or challenge it.
Let me explain the difference for you.
What you call cities by Nigerian standards is what an average Igbo town has (working market, health care, basic amenities like schools etc)
Moving from the south to the North one notices something like moving from walled houses to those without walls.
SE and most parts of SS don't construct buildings without demarcating with walls and gates. This is not something you can see easily in SW or North (though unrelated in development but shows differences in living conditions and quality placed in where one lives)

Now let's go to sanitation and hygiene. I don't mean to insult some people but anyone that have visited or lived in different parts of Nigeria will know that SW in general place little or no importance on Personal hygiene.
Hygiene like building toilets and maintaining houses is something alien to SW and North.
In SW it is very difficult to see shops selling tissues especially in Ibadan because the people don't use it
Anybody that have lived in Ibadan will attest to the fact that is is very difficult to see houses with toilet. Though the North also fall for the same thing but in SE it is considered as a taboo. Other Nigerians visiting SE always say the people place too much importance on where they defecate.

If we are to be honest with ourselves and talk from what we say ourselves not media propaganda, SW and the North are no where near SE.
And also SW is no where near North in livable cities as well if we want to be honest with ourselves

No mind them.
How can someone even compare somewhere in Owerri to south west? When this view literally looks like Abuja?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Supreme Court Affirms Daniel Nwafor As Imo APC Chairman / Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning / Buhari Delivering His Speech During The Signing Of The 2016 Budget (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.