Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? (10719 Views)

The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board / Cold War Still Rages Between South-South Governors, Godfathers / Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Decide2rise: 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
temitope27:
Did south east av any cities
Learn English first before talking trash on online forum

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Decide2rise: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
Simdyofficial:
are you high? Ibadan vs Enugu? What's in enugu town? Name 10 good companies in enugu? I have lived in both cities..
See this one talking. A dirty Ibadan is what you claim Is better than Enugu ? You have not travelled to Enugu before or you're being biased

4 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Decide2rise: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:
South East has more cities than South West

Most places they call cities in South West aren't even popular outside South West

But everyone in West Africa knows about ABA and onistha (which aren't even capital cities in the east)

Go to the northern part of Nigeria
You will really understand that they only popular south west cities are Lagos and Ibadan,
I was surprised when I made mention of Ado ekiti in Kano
They all thought I was referring to a location in the east,

1)ANAMMCO (a car assembling company)
2) Nigeria breweries have there largest plant which is also the biggest breweries in West Africa (Google that)
3) Ivm (another car production company)
4) Stan industries LTD (if you have ever had of zinox wire b4)
5) cocola bottling company
6) A.c pharmaceutical production company (the produce different varieties of drug)
7) peace mass car production/assembling industry
cool nalin paint production company
9) Lopa energy limited (a well respected oil and gas firm)
10.) lolite company (the are into production of nuts, bolts, washer e.t.c)

I can go on and on (the list is endless)
The problem with you folks from South West, is that you guys don't travel
You think the world starts and ends in your imagination
Have you ever been to emene industrial layout emene Enugu hell no!
You just stay in your Brown roof and be predicting nonsense
Don't mind the idiot

4 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by LamidiCownu: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
Decide2rise:
See this one talking. A dirty Ibadan is what you claim Is better than Enugu ? You have not travelled to Enugu before or you're being biased
This one is even comparing Enugu and Ibadan. The same tiny , rusty and under developed Enugu where I served ?? grin grin

I served at the 82 division hospital Enugu.

Ibadan is head and shoulders above every town/city in the south east .
The whole so called development in Enugu is not more than the ring road/oluyole axis of Ibadan

PS: The south west is the Paris of Nigeria .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Decide2rise: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
LamidiCownu:

This one is even comparing Enugu and Ibadan. The same tiny , rusty amd under developed Enugu where I served ?? grin grin

I served at the 82 division hospital Enugu.

Ibadan is head and shoulders above every town/city in the south east .
A city filled with brown roof and dirt is what you're comparing to a clean city like Enugu. Abeg pack well

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

Lol, you're Igbo yet ewedu and gbegiri is oozing out of you.

This is a no brainer to anyone who has traveled to both regions. Talking about livable cities between both regions now I will give you the options so you can compare on your own.

Owerri vs Akure
Onitsha vs Ogbomoso
Abakiliki vs Ado Ekiti
Enugu vs Ibadan
Aba vs Ijebu Ode
Abeokuta vs Umuahia
Oshogbo vs Awka
Oguta vs Iragbiji grin

Except you're the devil himself, you already know which region that is far more livable than the other.

Only SS can give SE a run for their money in Nigeria in terms of lively cities. SW is out of the equation, it's just that Lagos tends to hide the rot in that region.

Owerri vs Ikeja
Onitsha vs Lekki
Abakiliki vs Akure
Enugu vs Ibadan
Aba vs Ota
Abeokuta vs Umuahia
Oshogbo vs Awka
Oguta vs Ijebu Ode grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Sammy07:

Pls who knows Abiribaba or wetin u call am outside south east? cheesy
Okigwe? What the fvck is that

I never said abiriba is popular oga!
Read the post well
And inbtw I don't think there's any non-state capital in South West that can compete with Abiriba (in ohafia 3rd biggest City in Abia)
You can start rolling on pictures, I will respond

Anyway below is truth about s.E

BKayy:

Exactly.
The only difference is that we call ours "Village" while they call theirs that is not up to our standard "cities"

Take for Example Obi Cubana's hometown Oba.
Obi Cubana going back there for the funeral was termed "Obi Cubana going to his VILLAGE to bury his mother" but mind youx that Oba has:

1.) One private University
2.) 6 Private hospitals with one Teaching Hospital
3.) 6 Estates and more under construction
4.) One tourist village (Rojenny) and Stadium
5.) Many production Companies (she even hosted the first Indigenous tooth pick manufacturing plant years ago)
6.) 3 Night Clubs and two currently under construction
7.) A shopping Mall (Nigerian standard)
8.) More than 10 hotels with a Four star Nellys Hotel and another under construction
9.) Their own Market and two (under construction, though used at the same time) business districts and One international Market "Alaba International Market Oba"

With all these, the people especially those from there and around still call Oba "a Village"
Its an Igbo thing but I pray one day we change that mentality.

Tell me, from what I listed, how many of the so called Cities in SW can boast of it but some of us still call Oba "a village"
cc Abagworo and Amotolongbo

This is about Oba. I haven't talked about Obosi, Ogidi, Nkpor etc that many still don't give their rightful respect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by EmekaA125(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Please we should stop all this ethnic posts... every time Igbo vs Yoruba haba!! what is your gain on this matter?
U are the one seeing it from the prism of ethnicity. It's a harmless question though.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by ZZ22: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
Go to YouTube and type aerial video of places like Ibadan, Oshogbo, Abeokuta and see shame catch you on behalf of the state capitals these people call city. Na just that Lagos dey save them if not northern states capitals is way better than most capitals in SW.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Iamgrey5(m): 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
ZZ22:
Go to YouTube and type aerial video of places like Ibadan, Oshogbo, Abeokuta and see shame catch you on behalf of the state capitals these people call city. Na just that Lagos dey save them if northern states capitals is way better than most capitals in SW.
I thought you people said you are well traveled

So your idea of city is actually based on youtube videos

2 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Biafrarep(m): 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
uthlaw:
drug business or what,na Yoruba no de travel.....go to peckham in UK,you go think say u de osogbo...go to Atlanta in US,you go think say you de ibadan.....Lagos on is own is a country,that why we are proud with it....70% of your people make it in Lagos than South East,so Lagos is not your mate!

Whenever you guys mention Lagos, I will just laugh. So Hausas or Gwaris will come out in 2050 and start claiming responsibility for Abuja?

So if Nigeria didn't make Lagos the federal capital, you all won't have any city of worth? Isn't it a shame that your so called cities are all rustic with dilapidated buildings and very narrow roads?

The rest of Nigeria has left SW behind yet you want to die on top Lagos. SMH.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by KoshCAD: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
Simdyofficial:
are you high? Ibadan vs Enugu? What's in enugu town? Name 10 good companies in enugu? I have lived in both cities..
Hahahahah, I laugh when he mention enugu with ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by KoshCAD: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Outside South West
No one knows ikere ekiti, owo, ondo town , Oyo town even Ado ekiti to an extent

And you even forgot okigwe in IMO,
Let's even forget Abiriba (ohafia)
Go to the northern part of the country, many folks don't even know ogbomoso, ijebu ode,ilesha and Ado ekiti
You mean the many folks among your family members right?
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by BKayy: 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
waldigit:

The Yoruba of Western Nigeria have large, dense, permanent settlements, based upon farming rather than upon industrialization, the pattern of which is traditional rather than an outgrowth of acculturation. They are undoubtedly the most urban of all African peoples,
https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/221604?journalCode=ajs#
Which century is this journal talking about?
18th or 19th?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Biafrarep(m): 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Owerri vs Ikeja
Onitsha vs Lekki
Abakiliki vs Akure
Enugu vs Ibadan
Aba vs Ota
Abeokuta vs Umuahia
Oshogbo vs Awka
Oguta vs Ijebu Ode grin

For you to throw in Lagos as the only challenger to Owerri and Onitsha shows you already know they have no match in the SW grin grin

The Yoruba guy that opened this thread must be full of regrets now, he actually didn't bargain for this grin

I challenge you Yorubas to name any village from the SW that can remotely compare with any of these SE villages below and I will transfer 10k to your account.

1. Oguta (Imo State).
2. Abiriba (Abia State).
3. Udi (Enugu state).

Mind you I have videos and drone pictures of these Igbo villages and there are also more I will name from Anambra but let's start with these ones.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by ZZ22: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
Iamgrey5:
I thought you people said you are well traveled

So your idea of city is actually based on youtube videos
I thought you people say you are well developed

So your idea of a developed city is actually based on rustic roofs and dilapidated structures

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by KoshCAD: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Like i said earlier
I once mentioned Ado ekiti in kano

And was surprised that many folks over there
Thought I was referring to a location in South East,

If you can make it to Kano next month end, with might mit and conduct a background check,
You will be shocked that, most people down North only knows ib and lag!
The even mistake IMO state for Igbo state
Hahaha, na so. Probably, you mentioned it to your imaginary northern friend cos that is what you people do most hahahahaha. And that your imaginary friend did not know ado Ekiti but he know oba.

I am sure you would have mentioned Ibadan to your Indonesian friends too that they didn't know but they know Afikpo hahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:
South East has more cities than South West

Most places they call cities in South West aren't even popular outside South West

But everyone in West Africa knows about ABA and onistha (which aren't even capital cities in the east)

Go to the northern part of Nigeria
You will really understand that they only popular south west cities are Lagos and Ibadan,
I was surprised when I made mention of Ado ekiti in Kano
They all thought I was referring to a location in the east,

1)ANAMMCO (a car assembling company)
2) Nigeria breweries have there largest plant which is also the biggest breweries in West Africa (Google that)
3) Ivm (another car production company)
4) Stan industries LTD (if you have ever had of zinox wire b4)
5) cocola bottling company
6) A.c pharmaceutical production company (the produce different varieties of drug)
7) peace mass car production/assembling industry
cool nalin paint production company
9) Lopa energy limited (a well respected oil and gas firm)
10.) lolite company (the are into production of nuts, bolts, washer e.t.c)

I can go on and on (the list is endless)
The problem with you folks from South West, is that you guys don't travel
You think the world starts and ends in your imagination
Have you ever been to emene industrial layout emene Enugu hell no!
You just stay in your Brown roof and be predicting nonsense

Anyway below is fact about south east

Stop lying here. Who doesn’t know Shagamu, Ijebu-Ode, Ota (Ota farm), Akure, Oshogbo, Ife etc? You can lie oooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

For you to throw in Lagos as the only challenger to Owerri and Onitsha shows you already know they have no match in the SW grin grin

The Yoruba guy that opened this thread must be full of regrets now, he actually didn't bargain for this grin

I challenge you Yorubas to name any village from the SW that can remotely compare with any of these SE villages below and I will transfer 10k to your account.

1. Oguta (Imo State).
2. Abiriba (Abia State).
3. Udi (Enugu state).

Mind you I have videos and drone pictures of these Igbo villages and there are also more I will name from Anambra but let's start with these ones.

Don't mind them
The OTA he mentioned is still part of greater Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by KoshCAD: 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
I am sorry I can’t engage you with this shallow analogy of yours.

Is Kano a house or street?
Or how will someone tell me he mentioned a town in Kano?
To who?
To his imaginary friends or he carried megaphone and start mentioning Ado Ekiti.

You don't know these people. Ask him, he might even tell you he mentioned lagos to his Malaysian imaginary friends but they did not know but they know igwota hahahaha
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

1. Oguta (Imo State).
2. Abiriba (Abia State).
3. Udi (Enugu state).

Where is Ikeja, Lekki etc? SE?

Unfortunately, SW don’t have village like those places mention. Except you want me to mention towns.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
Biafrarep:

1. Oguta (Imo State).
2. Abiriba (Abia State).
3. Udi (Enugu state).

Owerri vs Ikeja ( this city was developed from the scratch by Awolowo not federal government)

Onitsha vs Lekki (this city was developed by Jakande and latter by Tinubu from scratch) it was never under or part of Capital of Nigeria.

Abakiliki vs Akure
Enugu vs Ibadan
Aba vs Ota
Abeokuta vs Umuahia
Oshogbo vs Awka
Oguta vs Ijebu Ode grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Don't mind them
The OTA he mentioned is still part of greater Lagos

Ota is part of Lagos? grin

You don’t know anything.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Nigercity: 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Ota is part of Lagos? grin

You don’t know anything.

It is now clear obvious
That you aren't in good terms with English

Read my post again now slowly

For the last time
Ota is part of greater Lagos metro

2 Likes

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Outside South West
No one knows ikere ekiti, owo, ondo town , Oyo town even Ado ekiti to an extent

And you even forgot okigwe in IMO,
Let's even forget Abiriba (ohafia)
Go to the northern part of the country, many folks don't even know ogbomoso, ijebu ode,ilesha and Ado ekiti

If they don’t know Ijebu-Ode which is the point of entrance to the SW from SS and SE, is it Abiriba that is after Ikwere ( Kalu’s town) they will know? You are just deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by KoshCAD: 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
Broveens42:
Asides Lagos, I wonder why anyone would say Southwest has more cities..
Hello?
We are talking city here.... This is owerri city
Should we start posting pictures ni so that the thread can be long.

Note,no repititive pictures like you people always do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

It is now clear obvious

For the last time

It’s not part of Lagos metro, mr man.

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Iamgrey5(m): 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
ZZ22:
I thought you people say you are well developed

So your idea of a developed city is actually based on rustic roofs and dilapidated structures
@ emboldened reeforces my earlier point
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Iamgrey5(m): 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

It is now clear obvious

For the last time
Ota is part of Lagos

1 Like

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by forgiveness: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nigercity:

Like i said earlier
I once mentioned Ado ekiti in kano

And was surprised that many folks over there
Thought I was referring to a location in South East,

If you can make it to Kano next month end, with might mit and conduct a background check,
You will be shocked that, most people down North only knows ib and lag!
The even mistake IMO state for Igbo state

They don’t know Ife or Oyo or Abeokuta? Keep lying to yourself.
Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Biafrarep(m): 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
waldigit:

The Yoruba of Western Nigeria have large, dense, permanent settlements, based upon farming rather than upon industrialization, the pattern of which is traditional rather than an outgrowth of acculturation. They are undoubtedly the most urban of all African peoples,
https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/221604?journalCode=ajs#

I don't just argue for the sake of it, I provide irrefutable facts!

Yes, like I stated earlier, prior or during colonial era, Yorubas liked to live in nucleated settlements because of insecurity that pervaded the areas so they settled close to big rocks for protection. That was how Ibadan, Abeokuta etc grew and became cities.

However, in the East, there no need for such since the areas are mostly plain lands with dense forests and largely no rocks. So Igbos chose dispersed settlements. But from 1960's Igbos started moving to the market towns and administration centers.

Stop using books written during colonial times to judge the present, it can only give you unreliable data. That's the same mistake you also make by claiming that Yorubas are the most educated in Nigeria while using 1960 data but recent data shows that Igbos are the most educated.

Egbon, I get am before no be property o.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between South-East And South-West, Which Region Got More Cities?? by Favour623(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Owerri vs Ikeja Onitsha vs Lekki Abakiliki vs Akure Enugu vs Ibadan Aba vs Ota Abeokuta vs Umuahia Oshogbo vs Awka Oguta vs Ijebu Ode grin
those who are comparing Aba with Ota village should stop that nonsense

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Onuesoke: Buhari Has A Penchant For Disappointing Nigerians Every New Year / Is Nigeria Truly Under A Spell? By Simon Kolawole / Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.