Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel (29839 Views)

Use Enugu Airport For International Travel - Ethiopian Airlines To S-Easterners / Airport Officials Collecting Money In Place Of COVID-19 Test - Sahara Reporters / How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by pedrilo: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2021
Nigerians are terrible people.

1 Like

Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by ukay2: 10:27am On Nov 04, 2021
kinethic:

I remembered about ten years ago I returned after 8 years in China . As I landed in Abuja they were scrambling to know what I was doing there. Told them I was teaching in a university as a professor in CRIMINAL JUSTICE . They were like welcome sir clear clear etc
I went to Police headquarters in Abuja for some police clearance they wanted to extort me too and I told them that I am a professor of Criminal Justice and they were like please just pass.
During my departure they searched my luggage thoroughly like I was carrying drugs and asking me to drop something. I was like I came back for someone’s death and they were like just Dey go . As I reached the next exit the immigration ask me where I am going I was like what a stupid question and I said China. He was like okay any proof and I didn’t want to stress myself I showed him my resident card and he was like Na so the china own Dey look like?
Okay bye sir .
As I walked in to the departure lobby I was saying that there should be a tremendous overhaul of the system in Nigeria.

grin grin angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by ukay2: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2021
Never given a dime to any officer in both Lagos and Abuja.

They do ask, I usually tell them am a civil servant like them too.

Ones they know am not given, they let go quietly
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by hansomb: 11:37am On Nov 04, 2021
clockwisereport:

A nairalander faced a similar ordeal in Jakarta sometime last year

https://www.nairaland.com/5353685/ordeal-soekarno-hatta-international-airport-jakarta
There's always bad eggs, he's case was reported and actions were taken. In Nigeria even if you reported the incedent no action will be taken.

1 Like

Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2021
Nice line. Guess I will try it on my next trip.
ukay2:

Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 11:46am On Nov 04, 2021
I totally do not agree with this. If you report to the right quarters and you follow up, you will get a response
hansomb:

There's always bad eggs, he's case was reported and actions were taken. In Nigeria even if you reported the incedent no action will be taken.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by Ajamzy: 11:52am On Nov 04, 2021
Next time guys just write PLS DON'T EXTORT ME on your cloth if you are a virgin passport holder.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by Alldew: 11:59am On Nov 04, 2021
Pls who will take me out of this country biko. I am tired of staying here.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
Buy a bus ticket to Benin Republic
Alldew:
Pls who will take me out of this country biko. I am tired of staying here.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
This is an invitation to extort
Ajamzy:
Next time guys just write PLS DON'T EXTORT ME on your cloth if you are a virgin passport holder.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 9:52am On Nov 06, 2021
The starting point is to make a complaint to the appropriate quarters
easynetsms:
My problem is that nothing will be done .. they do these things every day but yet nothing is being done.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by foolbuster: 11:32am On Nov 06, 2021
pedrilo:
Nigerians are terrible people.

This is not true, Nigerians are actually very good people
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2021
We only have few bad eggs
foolbuster:

This is not true, Nigerians are actually very good people
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by foolbuster: 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
sirrotex:

Correct.
And we spread and amplify bad news very very much.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
That's our forte
foolbuster:

Correct.
And we spread and amplify bad news very very much.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 8:41am On Nov 07, 2021
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 8:42am On Nov 07, 2021
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 7:34am On Nov 14, 2021
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2021
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
https://lm.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpunchng.com%2Ffaan-suspends-airport-officials-for-extorting-passenger%2F%3Futm_medium%3DSocial%26utm_source%3DFacebook%23Echobox%3D1638028311&h=AT0dDeXxjlkFfNW8Kr33kjncHFgreOET17fr5WZhEiOgeta_Z-9AGlaK-Y3P5ImlW0hUDRAIjqxR5HJR7FM73gTgNUZfWc8PWNfeE7TygZVIJERe9WBeh3I71eU4q8PX3w
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
Actions being taken
sirrotex:
https://lm.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpunchng.com%2Ffaan-suspends-airport-officials-for-extorting-passenger%2F%3Futm_medium%3DSocial%26utm_source%3DFacebook%23Echobox%3D1638028311&h=AT0dDeXxjlkFfNW8Kr33kjncHFgreOET17fr5WZhEiOgeta_Z-9AGlaK-Y3P5ImlW0hUDRAIjqxR5HJR7FM73gTgNUZfWc8PWNfeE7TygZVIJERe9WBeh3I71eU4q8PX3w
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by abimic(m): 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
ukay2:

At bolded, very funny. My colleagues use to tell me alot about this, some even pay officials to avoid queue at the Nigerian Airport.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
These your colleagues are part of the problem.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by ShenTeh(m): 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
sirrotex:

We now out those bad eggs in strategic locations. We try.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
The spot light is on the airport
ShenTeh:

We now out those bad eggs in strategic locations. We try.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by ShenTeh(m): 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
sirrotex:
The spot light is on the airport

By putting the bad eggs in the airports, have we not made our weak links our gatekeepers.

It is very sad.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 6:23am On Dec 13, 2021
No body put the bad eggs at the airport with the knowledge that they are bad eggs. They became bad when they got to the airport
ShenTeh:

By putting the bad eggs in the airports, have we not made our weak links our gatekeepers.

It is very sad.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by ShenTeh(m): 7:38am On Dec 13, 2021
sirrotex:
No body put the bad eggs at the airport with the knowledge that they are bad eggs. They became bad when they got to the airport

So you have gone full circle: Because there are no bad eggs! It is our undisciplined nature as Nigerians. All of us!

You and I know that if they replace those people today, it will only take a matter of time before the new team starts behaving like that. Or even find 'smarter' ways of ruining the job.

Not until there is a frank justice system that punishes bad behaviour and produce accountability, we will just be going in circles.

I say no more. Any other thing you quote me to say going forward, Oga, you are correct.
Re: Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel by sirrotex: 11:00am On Nov 05, 2022
To those who believe that nothing can happen to those corrupt immigration officers. See the link below. https://punchng.com/extortion-travellers-commend-immigration-for-sacking-eight-officers/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! / Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane / Updates On The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Line (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.