Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me (39583 Views)

Police Arrest Olamide Precious Ajayi For Blackmailing Her Sugar-Daddy In Ondo / DSS Sues Charlotte Delhi For Blackmailing Walton Liverpool With Nude Video / A 'Lady' I Sent My Full Nude Picture On Facebook Is Blackmailing Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by texazzpete(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2021
Lazy debtor.

I can understand a hefty loan or debt. But how can you go and borrow N3000 and still be defaulting?

Go and look for where you can carry bricks or clear grass to make this money.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:

How did you know that I have no plan to pay before messages were sent to my contacts? I was just 3 days overdue before they sent those messages.

Did you give them permission to access your contact?

Read what the Bible says about money lenders, then go to the Qur'an too. It's a risky business to loan money in an unregulated clime like Nigeria where more than 70% of people, like you, have no plan to pay back within the agreed time frame. The government make things hard for people to survives, yet Nigerian make it difficult for fellow Nigerians to survive.

Pay what you owe.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Elnuk34(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2021
TammyAnybody:

Report them to NITDA

another 10M cash waiting for the Abuja boizz grin grin
What 10m, he will go to jail for fraud. He saw the terms and conditions, even the interest on the loan, but he refused to pay after collecting the loan. Which means he had no intention of paying the money back not until they contacted he contacts. With your mindset and his action, I lost all hope in the youths turning things around.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by JoeOdion(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2021
OssyMalik:
Every week I get distressing messages from people who are owing money to online loan apps and how they blackmail their debtors by sending defamatory messages to everyone on their contact list.

I want to appreciate the efforts of The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) for their efforts in fighting this oppression.

If you owe money to an online loan app and they are sending defamatory messages to all your contact list please send a letter to:
The Director General
NITDA
Area 11, 28 Port Harcourt Crescent, Off Gimbiya St, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria

The agency is presently clamping down on online loan apps who defame and blackmail their creditors.

I also want anyone dealing with this kind of challenge to share in the comment section what online app they borrowed money from and their experience so that others can learn and perhaps someone on my timeline will see it as well and help out.

Please share so that others can be blessed as you are blessed.

#copiedfrom Wale Jana

There's nothing to share here. The loan companies are not running a charity and need to resort to ways to get debtors to pay up although they use very crude methods however. But someone taking a loan and defaulting with boldness and with chest out is repulsive and deserves the worst form of loan retrieval.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by AK481(m): 7:36am On Nov 05, 2021
shevon:

That you are owing is not enough reason for them to do that. I'll suggest you look for money and pay them off, but in the meantime, report them to NITDA for invading your privacy by accessing your contact and sending them defamatory SMS, it is not legal for them to do that.

Can you suggest a better way for these loan app or loan shark to sustainably remain in business ?

Profer a better solution of them retrieving their money is their method is bad .

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Guyman02: 7:36am On Nov 05, 2021
OssyMalik:
Every week I get distressing messages from people who are owing money to online loan apps and how they blackmail their debtors by sending defamatory messages to everyone on their contact list.

I want to appreciate the efforts of The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) for their efforts in fighting this oppression.

If you owe money to an online loan app and they are sending defamatory messages to all your contact list please send a letter to:
The Director General
NITDA
Area 11, 28 Port Harcourt Crescent, Off Gimbiya St, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria

The agency is presently clamping down on online loan apps who defame and blackmail their creditors.

I also want anyone dealing with this kind of challenge to share in the comment section what online app they borrowed money from and their experience so that others can learn and perhaps someone on my timeline will see it as well and help out.

Please share so that others can be blessed as you are blessed.

#copiedfrom Wale Jana
Oga, you cannot be blessed when you borrow money with no intent on repaying. Stop encouraging nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by bamdly(m): 7:37am On Nov 05, 2021
Elnuk34:
What 10m, he will go to jail for fraud. He saw the terms and conditions, even the interest on the loan, but he refused to pay after collecting the loan. Which means he had no intention of paying the money back not until they contacted he contacts. With your mindset and his action, I lost all hope in the youths turning things around.
If he was now jailed how will he pay his loan
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Themandator: 7:37am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:

They'll not send another message to my contacts about clearing my debt

Go to your permission manager and deny then all permissions and ensure your contacts are not saved to your sim

Afterwards block them until you have the money then pay them
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by airsaylongcome: 7:37am On Nov 05, 2021
Kajaard:

The bold faced. Same story as ever. Nigerians always quick to borrow with no plans to repay.

The loan sharks are just animals. Earlier this year after much cajoling, I took a loan from Union Bank. Small amount to pay back in a month. Time to pay came and I defaulted. Not once did Union Bank go to CNN and BBC that I am a well known Fraud. Funds came into the account two weeks late and they deducted their principal and 6weeks interest. No biggie. All this small roadside "fintech" that get up to give loans will have collapsed if it was them. God knows I WILL NEVER TAKE A LOAN FROM THOSE SHARKS

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Gandokiejim: 7:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Soko lending has disguised to Fast money
I money and Add money are also terrible
Avoid Fast money
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Kachikey(m): 7:38am On Nov 05, 2021
ijames:
ALL OF YOU TALKING ABOUT INTEGRITY HERE ARE TOTALLY OIT OF YOUR MINDS.... DEFAULT ON A LOAN ISNT ENOUGH REASON FIR DEFAMATION...MAKE UNA DEY TRY REASON
. True talk... People are just talking bla bla bla the op stated it their that a family friend borrowed him 3k to pay back and you think if the op has the 700# he won't pay back let be reasonable some people are finding it difficult to survive in this country with high cost of food every were coupled with the fact that there is no job in the country.. Come on how will you give somebody 3k and collect 3.7k in one week what can of interest rate is that, they are using the advantage of what is happening in the country to extort from those that don't have. After all no be today Nigeria spoil e done tey.... Loan wey Nigeria the owe nko them don pay finish shay dem still the collect more, if another president enter seat him go still collect loan too. Abeg make una free the guy mr and Mrs integrity people wey never sin before...
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by nedekid: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2021
tunjidare2:
Your case is funny though

I downloaded one of the apps to gain more experience because I am currently learning UI/UX designs online, I signed up but when they requested for my card details I ignored but I think my mistake was leaving the app on my phone, 2 hours later I received an alert of 2,500 in my GTB bank, got messages from them and the app notified me that I borrowed money and to repay back in 8 days, I no just worry, I quickly paid back their 3,100 via transfer.

Loan, they no clear or acknowledge payment, but I just moved on thinking I have done the right thing... Lol... After a week, they called me to start asking for repayment, I thought it was a joke and after explaining how it happened to the agent, he promised to look into the situation. My nephew forwarded a message he received from them, very bad... I almost cried... I waited for the agent to call again, and he did the next day, I calmly listened to all his blackmails and gibberish then he asked when I can make the payment which now has interest equals to 4,350... I just laughed and told him " Guy, this call is being recorded for evidence purposes, please send your office address so I can come and make payment in person as you don't have an office address written anywhere online, also I want to drop a letter from my lawyer inviting you guys to court for defamation of character"

Omo, werey just end call, few minutes later, I got messages, sms and in app acknowledging my previous payment...

Long story short, no dey fear them, I never had interest in the loan but now I have used the app more knowing their weakness, borrowed and repaid them till we got to over 90k, I did my calculations and discovered I have gotten all my interest back, so I didn't pay back and till now, when any of them call me we just talk like friends and I tell them I will pay when I have money jare, the country no easy and they call the next week again... Danmm foools...

Seriously, I don't know the implications if it's really serious, if you guys shed some light on it, then I will just have to pay them...
You are damaging your credit ratings.
Visit Firstcentral or CRC credit to check your credit score.

10 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Isobug: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Oga go and pay them, you are wrong. Is an agreement before you take the loan

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Acidosis(m): 7:41am On Nov 05, 2021
vikyno:
Reading through comments clearly show the reason our government feel they can push anything down our throat without resisting it. We are so comfortable with pains and illegality.
Two wrongs does not make anything right.
How on earth would you blackmail someone because of #3700?
Have they not heard of "force majeure" before?
The fact that you are comfortable and you have no need of using the loan apps does not mean others are.
Nigerians are suffering so much under this government. Some don't even have relatives to help. Workers are not even getting good pay with such a high inflation rate.
We need to watch others back and reject illegality.
Our government that could not publish names of Sponsors of Bokoharam are comfortable with loan sharks defaming their citizens just because of peanuts.
We have a long way to go in this Nation.

High risk loans attract high interest rates in any part of the world. You think they're foolish for giving you a loan despite having very little information about you?? If you want zero interest, go and borrow from your friends. If you want decent or low interest, go to a bank and present your collateral e.g.CofO. If you don't have any of these, then be ready to pay.

6 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by brainhgeek(m): 7:42am On Nov 05, 2021
Report them to consumer service commission.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Babastrong(m): 7:42am On Nov 05, 2021
You are a betrayer. When you wanted to borrow the money, you knew interest involves. You have to pay the amount borrowed with the interest. As per the blackmailing, you're to blame for not fulfilling your promises.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by BadNews: 7:43am On Nov 05, 2021
There Is Nothing Way No Go See Inside Blogging Business
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Guyman02: 7:44am On Nov 05, 2021
shakir0802:
Delete the app on ur phone that's the only way they get the contact on ur phone, it happened to me I borrowed money from them unfortunately I haven't pay a penny so I told them to give me a week before the date complete they called most of my contacts number and told them and those people began to called me back why would I put my number on loan app, unfortunately the person I wanted to collect contract from the made me told them to give me a week they called the man that's how the man terminate the contract, job of 1 millions plus, infact I cry that day I beg the man but he refused later Google play store notify me that the loan app had tap my phone system and immediately I delete the app they stop calling my contacts again

You go lose more contract with this kind of mindset, you can't be trusted, you think you have escaped?

Better go and pay them, it's shocking that people are justifying their wickedness here

7 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by rigarmortis: 7:47am On Nov 05, 2021
ghostcenturion:

It is legal if I have them permission to do so.
I bet he didn't read terms and conditions and just accepted

Oga, it's not legal. Accessing your contact doesn't mean permission to send defamatory messages to them. Offence number one. They also insinuated that the contact is a joint debtor, which is an outright lie. Offence two. They declared the guy a criminal, which hue isn't, debt is a civil offence at worst. Then lastly they resortrd to self help, he who must come to equity must come clean.

If he goes to court he will win by a wide margin

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:48am On Nov 05, 2021
It's the audacity for me.

You still owe them and you are yet to clear of and came fishing for sympathy from us??

Clear the accumulated interest then come back to us if the so called blackmail continues.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by SATANlST: 7:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
It was after that I start receiving another form of threat from this agent
u told them u wont pay and they did the needful and u dey complain?
this is the first time i am supporting loan sharks because this dude is dumb

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ParkleElegant: 7:49am On Nov 05, 2021
My friend was clever about this, He bought a different sim card, fixed in a lot of contact he didn't know, saved the numbers like they were his friends, boss and workers nuumbers.....

Used one of his cousin account number, who was late, they so much looked alike, and borrowed up to 200k with 50k interest after telling them that he worked as a constructor....

When the threat came, he removed the sim, that was the end of loan App calls....

People smart pass them.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by able20(m): 7:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
Useless post, early I da morin
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ijames: 7:50am On Nov 05, 2021
YES O! CALLING SOMEONE A CRIMINAL AND A THIEF IS AGAINST THE LAW. EVEN COMMERCIAL BANKS WONT DO SUCH.
I REPEAT DEFAULTING ON A LOAN ISNT ENOUGH REASON TO CALL SOMEONE A CRIMINAL AND PUBLIC HUMILIATION PLUS DEFAMATION.
WHY SEND SUCH DEROGATORY MESSAGES TO ALL HIS CONTACT, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NEXT OF KIN CONTACTS FILLED THERE IN?
THESE YAHOO YAHOO LOAN APPS WILL SOON BE SHUT DOWN..
THEIR INTEREST RATE IS AGAINST CBN REGULATIONS. THEY BREACH ALOT OF CBN REGULATIONS... JUST WAIT AND SEE

MrFollowFollow:

I hope you will say the same thing when you sell something to someone on credit and he start coming up with useless excuses to avoid paying the money
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Tomilola360: 7:51am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:

how much u buy data again?
fukcing pay ur loan. you are as wicked as the loans sharks. I'm sure your friend's can't loan u money too.

I hate these loan sharks but I love them to disgrace wicked people like you

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Jwonder(m): 7:53am On Nov 05, 2021
Dedemworld:
I was once a victim of such, when they threatened me, I threatened them back, they told me they would send msg to my contacts, I told them to go ahead, afterall my contact won't kill me, and beside many people already know their msg format they won't take it serious. So I stood my ground that once msg is been sent to my contacts, they should also send their account number to my contacts so that they my contact would pay them, cox they can't blackmail me finish and still want me to pay. Never! They would send msg till they tire. Cox if u later pay the money they won't repair ur reputation. Omo guy the loan agent calm down ooo, later they send me msg on whatsapp that they know I'm not afraid of my reputation to be spoilt but I should pay their money. I just laugh, say e b like say E fe ri werey.. Las Las I paid when I get the money... but I hate threatened msg with passion.

Look at how proud you are to spill this trash, you're a petty thief. You took a loan and defaulted on the payment and still have the guts to write this trash.
Why not open your own loan company and see how it feels when people default on payments.

Nigerians are even more heartless than BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by able20(m): 7:53am On Nov 05, 2021
ParkleElegant:
My friend was clever about this, He bought a different sim card, fixed in a lot of contact he didn't know, saved the numbers like they were his friends, boss and workers nuumbers.....

Used one of his cousin account number, who was late, they so much looked alike, and borrowed up to 200k with 50k interest after telling them that he worked as a constructor....

When the threat came, he removed the sim, that was the end of loan App calls....

People smart pass them.
Stupidity is not cleaver.
Your politicians are also very clever in looting you people's treasuries because some people deserve to be poor in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:53am On Nov 05, 2021
If I call you a thief, people will shout! What made you not to borrow that money from your neighbors and those around you. You borrowed from another man's company, loan is due, you didn't show up until they started calling for your attention; you want to pull down another man's sweat because the loan is so easy to get ;you and others like you are not a good human.. Now, just like the first which you don't even intend to pay, you just confirmed that you won't pay for the interest! Evil that men do will follow them along! You're a terrible person! The loan app knows a typical Nigerian terrorists, and that's why they're using those formats. One Pastor from all these modern church also got his own share by not paying his own loan. His members also got the message on behalf of the pastor. Don't borrow if you can't pay or you can go and borrow from your bank.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by dotmhan(m): 7:53am On Nov 05, 2021
Pay them bro. You agreed to it
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Incandescent(m): 7:54am On Nov 05, 2021
Oga pay your debt.

Stop embarrassing us

Such nuisance

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Chuksmonika(m): 7:55am On Nov 05, 2021
I've said this before, and I will say it again...if you want to borrow money, borrow form Carbon, Fairmoney, Palmcredit( they also control Xcrosscash and new credit), Branch. Only take from these few I mentioned...

If you default, they will never embarrass you like this, the only thing they will do is call and text you constantly, but they won't involve your contacts.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Jwonder(m): 7:55am On Nov 05, 2021
felixzo1:
they should find other ways of retriving their money and not through blackmail and lies. Two wrongs do not make right. It's unethical

Can you explain what other ways can be used since no collateral was collected?
This is the same attitude that has made legit businessmen find it hard to source loans because banks don't trust Nigerians to pay back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

UPDATE: Gunmen Attack Bende Police Station In Abia, Raze Down Building (VIDEO) / Court Sentences Paul Owne To 104 Years In Prison Over 9 Missing Kano Children / Man Steals Bra In Delta, Looking For Panties To Pick, Caught. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.