Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video (55513 Views)

Femi Osibona Arrested In 2020 For Resisting Sealing Ikoyi Building (Throwback / Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by jaxxy(m): 8:42am On Nov 05, 2021
It’s quite sad how this went. Take risks bt there are things that u can’t compromise on.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Lightorder: 8:42am On Nov 05, 2021
Great guy, great mind. This is sad but this interview will change me for life. Contractors could destroy anyone. A little project I did two months ago thought me this. If you don’t sit down with them in your site and have your eyes wide open , exchange blows with them , they will bury you. They would buy inferior materials, inflate the price, steal the materials and use the remaining materials poorly. To the extent that even the guy I trusted to keep an eye on them , ended up teaming up with them to mess me up. Especially here in Lagos. Wicked builders everywhere . May God rest the soul of the departed and give their families the fortitude to bear the loss

3 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by higgs: 8:43am On Nov 05, 2021
Just watched the video.Sounded like a serious business man.May he rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2021
onelovenigeria:

a crack ....crack my ass....is building a wool that the so called witness is hearing a crack....listen it take a lot of high rising building to go down...and seeing them on the roof top shows that the building is almost complete....so an explosive cant be rule out....it that simple...there are two factor...

The extra 6 floors they added is the explosive you are looking for. Put 1000 extra kg in a 2000kg capacity plane for a 6hour flight.

It might take off but mid air, a calamity may happen.

5 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by victorazy(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

I'm telling you if these happened in a country like the US...after the rescue team are done with evacuation...The secret service will definitely begin an assumption investigation...it may not lead to anywhere...but it's very important for future purposes

Am an architect, if assumption investigation is carried out and they have it that all the structural instructions was followed, then someone should look to this direction (Possibility of Conspiracy & Sabotage)

I don't think a company of that status would permit negligence and unprofessionalism.

2 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2021
The construction was
not standard, look at the pile carrying the building, was not up to standard and the materials used
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by na2016: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:
sad Hav you thought about Explosive attached around the building Piller

Nothing is impossible

My thoughts too.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by spinna: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:
The government should tell us who owns the building and let's start there. Setting up of panels makes no difference

What was your score in English comprehension this term..and what class are you in?
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by oshionelecky: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

It's an assumption investigation... doesn't mean it's real...it's invalid until it become an evidence....

That is why A foreign nations will be different from African countries...
You just don't seal the case
You work on more assumption, analyze them...then if it produce no results.... demised it...

On your marks,...get set,... begin your wild goose chase.

Investigations are not wild goose chase a my friend. They are about looking at the validity of strong possibilities.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by victorazy(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
LARRYOBRAIN:
The construction was
not standard, look at the pile carrying the building, was not up to standard and the materials used

How did you determined that, grin by looking at the pictures all the way from Nnewi? grin
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by seyz91(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
no be American Movie una dey watch
BigDawsNet:

Nothing is impossible
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Saintmary(f): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Explosive Breaching do not bang sounds...you maybe sleeping while This type of bomb bring down your iron door... sometimes you may not even wake if you on deep sleep

We are in the future remember

I hear
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Mayflowa(m): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
The guy has always been a real hustler.

From all us, hustlers all over the world, we say

RIP commrade.

You were not responsible for the collapse. Useless architects and engineers did it.

Life is transit. Let us be careful how we live.

He said he doesn't listen to his engineers and consultant. That they put too much on factor of safety making him lose money.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by gulfer: 8:57am On Nov 05, 2021
I listened to the interview and at some point he said when he started building development in London, he applied for a 2 storey extension but they erroneously approved 3-storey for him. While he was building, the council stopped him and apologize for the error, it appears similar to the story on the collapsed Ikoyi building but only that the regulators here failed to rise up to the occasions and effect the necessary actions to prevent the calamity that now befell so many people angry angry angry angry angry
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by lomprico(m): 8:58am On Nov 05, 2021
MarveworldG:
Poor job done by contractor

it's not poor job, it's greed by the owner.

15 storey was approved, foundation and pollers, were for 15 storey. along the line he got greedy and continued raising the building beyond the height the pillars could carry.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by lomprico(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2021
Mayflowa:

He said he doesn't listen to his engineers and consultant. That they put too much on factor of safety making him lose money.

his greed killed him and other innocent people.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Terrier99: 9:02am On Nov 05, 2021
Johnchrix:
Most affluent Neigbourhood that boasts of unrivalled grandeur and effortless opulence.. ikoyi.. over hyped slum.

Poor man. No wonder you are begging for corolla to use and hustle. None of your generations has ever lived in Ikoyi.

2 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by ejimatic: 9:03am On Nov 05, 2021
lalasticlala:
The Managing Director/CEO of Fourscore Homes, Olufemi Osibona spoke on the challenges and prospects of the real estate sector in Nigeria amidst issues of surging rents, housing deficits, and over-regulation in a throwback video with TVC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MVsgzdEt9o
. This incident is very painful and disturbing. I sympatise with all the victims of this disaster. May God comfort them and all the family members. It worries me to note that ALAUSA secretariat approved 15 storey building while the local government that has the location of the structure approved 21 storey. All because of bribes received from developer. It will interest the public that from the picture of the site the building is on pillars not on foundation. I begin to wonder if Osibona was a well-bred developer. In my opinion he was just a site overseer who knew nothing about building construction.In building construction safety first from the planning stage to the commission stage. Because of his carelessness and selfish interest and corruption of Lagos State officials innocent people died while looking for their daily bread. Yet some will say it is an Act of God.This is an act of Nigerians who are money driven at the expense of. Human lives. He did not die alone he brought untold pains to many families. The public should note It is the only Cocoa House in Ibadan that has 25 storeys that you can depend on as a solid structure in the country because it was built when truth and honesty were in Nigeria.Any structure that has more than 10 storeys in Nigeria is a death trap and anybody who stays there is exposing his life to danger. I implore the Lagos government to prosecute all those that approved this 21 storey building and dismiss them from the public service and place an embargo on Osinbona's Developing Company.This will serve as a deterrent to others.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by pafo(m): 9:03am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Nothing is impossible

Shey na c4 Dem strap to am ni? Cos even grenades no go bring down a building structurally strong to rubbles.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by odaniel1(m): 9:05am On Nov 05, 2021
See this matter ehn....lets be honest, both the govt and the developer are at fault. The latter for approving the project that was already sealed off and the other for gross misconduct, and endangering the lives of others.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Terrier99: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Nothing is impossible

The collapse wasnt a random collapse, it was orderly. The structure folded neatly.

Controlled demolition.

2 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Nothing is impossible

There was no explosives. The developer was a scrupulously businessman trying to cut corners to make more money instead of ensuring he does a good job.

Typical Nigerian story, the greed of a few has cost the life of many.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Nothing is impossible
Conspiracy Theorists..

Una must always look for conspiracies..

Explosives and Survivors never mentioned hearing anything of such?

Or do you think that a KNOCKOUT BANGER would be enough to level the building?

Go SIT DOWN FOR ONE CORNER.. angry
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Terrier99: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2021
ejimatic:
. This incident is very painful and disturbing. I sympatise with all the victims of this disaster. May God comfort them and all the family members. It worries me to note that ALAUSA secretariat approved 15 storey building while the local government that has the location of the structure approved 21 storey. All because of bribes received from developer. It will interest the public that from the picture of the site the building is on pillars not on foundation. I begin to wonder if Osibona was a well-bred developer. In my opinion he was just a sight overseer who knew nothing about building construction.In building construction safety first from the planning stage to the commission stage. Because of his carelessness and selfish interest and corruption of Lagos State officials innocent people died while looking for their daily bread. Yet some will say it is an Act of God.This is an act of Nigerians who are money driven at the expense of. Human lives. He did die alone he brought untold pains to many families. The public should note It is the only Cocoa House in Ibadan that has 25 storeys that you can depend on as a solid structure in the country because it was built when truth and honesty were in Nigeria.Any structure that has more than 10 storeys in Nigeria is a death trap and anybody who stays there is exposing his life to danger. I implore the Lagos government to prosecute all those that approved this 21 storey building and dismiss them from the public service and place an embargo on Osinbona's Developing Company.This will serve as a deterrent to others.

God bless you sir. Thanks for saying the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:08am On Nov 05, 2021
Terrier99:

The collapse wasnt a random collapse, it was orderly. The structure folded neatly.

Controlled demolition.
You must have a PhD on building demolition..

Why not regale us on your thorough findings? angry
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by michlins(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2021
spinna:

What was your score in English comprehension this term..and what class are you in?
if you know how shell companies work you will know better. Even with the way people are running up and down to deny this building will tell you something is wrong.

From the get go, this building is used to controversy and it's like there's a divine hand that steers it through the stormy waters until this recent collapse
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Valuc: 9:14am On Nov 05, 2021
I know they will place ownership on him... Cus he is dead and the original owner will use him as cover up
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by DrTee1(m): 9:16am On Nov 05, 2021
CorperKola:
I watched the interview, and it was just full of many red flags , carrying gospel singers and pastors to your construction site. All these tells the story of a stupid person who thought spirituality could replace the physical laws of the universe. i generally avoid people who talk like that because they are either stupid people or deceivers or a combo of both

Off your mic. You are writing facts too boldly. You'll be accused of being emotional and sentimental by the religious bandwagon.

But yes, your thoughts align with mine.

Mayflowa:

Another red flag from the 31 minute interview. You are also right. The man put on a religious garb but it was easy to see through the fact that he had being bribing his way from constructions in England. Why is he the only one where approvals have mistakes on number of floors - in England, America, South Africa? Only him? A man with only a HND in Banking & Finance saying Nigerian building consultants only know theory? So when they requested for a 1000kva generator, he installed 800kva and even sold it to replace with 500kva. I see a man given to cutting corners.

CorperKola:
I watched the interview, and it was just full of many red flags , carrying gospel singers and pastors to your construction site. All these tells the story of a stupid person who thought spirituality could replace the physical laws of the universe. i generally avoid people who talk like that because they are either stupid people or deceivers or a combo of both

Come receive a hug Corper!
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by LaReinaa(f): 9:17am On Nov 05, 2021
RichDad1:
The man is dead now, can we allow him rest ?
No we won't... His death and that of somany innocent ones could've been avoided if he didn't cut cornerssad
I hope others can learn from thissad
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:18am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

And you think this equipment are only located in foreign nations?
You are a very funny man...

Like I said...I'm not saying it was brought down by explosive...but more investigation can change the direction
don't mind him, he is ignorant that he himself can design a bomb called Molotov cocktail using cheap items.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) / Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update / Abandoned Mansions: Estate Deserted In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.