Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video (55498 Views)

Femi Osibona Arrested In 2020 For Resisting Sealing Ikoyi Building (Throwback / Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2021
onelovenigeria:

a crack ....crack my ass....is building a wool that the so called witness is hearing a crack....listen it take a lot of high rising building to go down...and seeing them on the roof top shows that the building is almost complete....so an explosive cant be rule out....it that simple...there are two factor...

15 stories was approved for a building. The developer went on to build 21 stories instead. You still think it’s more likely the collapse was caused by explosives than overloading.

What is wrong with us Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2021
seyz91:
incase you don't know, i work abroad, live most of my life abroad

so stop judging people if you don't know them really undecided

It didn’t do much good to your English.

You can’t use the word ‘abroad’ to refer to yourself in a foreign country when you are presently in THAT country.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by toujurs: 10:14am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:
The government should tell us who owns the building and let's start there. Setting up of panels makes no difference
You wise, baba.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by fashrola(m): 10:15am On Nov 05, 2021
onelovenigeria:

defect can be in design materials or workmanship ...i get it but we are talking about the total collapse of the building....i am not saying am certain it could be an explosive...but it cant be rule out in this case.
Thanks

No explosives was used in that building.... Because the pressure waves in a spherical form resulting from the explosion would have done a greater damage to other surrounding buildings

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by goodman5(m): 10:16am On Nov 05, 2021
This guy is real bomber, rip
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:16am On Nov 05, 2021
Mere looking at the superstructure you know the building is not solid angryRITUALIST undecided
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Skyehigher1: 10:17am On Nov 05, 2021
I'm Soo crying for this man and Nigeria and those who lost their lives here, this is not the time for blame game but the fact is that Nigeria lost a great asset in this great man and their team according to what he said in this interview , if he finished this project and move on for the next project am very sure if this man is not dead , Nigeria will beat most of the great country in the world, RIP to CEO of fourscore home and others that Lost their lives and may God almighty allah Grant those injured there a fast recovery inshallah

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by onelovenigeria(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

15 stories was approved for a building. The developer went on to build 21 stories instead. You still think it’s more likely the collapse was caused by explosives than overloading.

What is wrong with us Nigerians?
listen bro.....building approval is done before the construction begin right?
the engineer might modify it base on other factor in place....my agurment here is that the building might have collapse base on other factor like explosive and not defect....
in as much as the modification of the building approval is wrong ...which i totally agree ...other factor shouldnt be rule out
simple
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by lexy2014: 10:19am On Nov 05, 2021
RichDad1:
The man is dead now, can we allow him rest ?
Who is preventing him from resting? Is he d one that needs rest or it's d families that lost someone as a result of his carelessness, arrogance and greed?
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by lexy2014: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2021
onelovenigeria:

listen bro.....building approval is done before the construction begin right?
the engineer might modify it base on other factor in place....my agurment here is that the building might have collapse base on other factor like explosive and not defect....
in as much as the modification of the building approval is wrong ...which i totally agree ...other factor shouldnt be rule out
simple

Which explosive? Are u the one who planted d explosive in the building?
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by lexy2014: 10:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Skyehigher1:
I'm Soo crying for this man and Nigeria and those who lost their lives here, this is not the time for blame game but the fact is that Nigeria lost a great asset in this great man and their team according to what he said in this interview , if he finished this project and move on for the next project am very sure if this man is not dead , Nigeria will beat most of the great country in the world, RIP to CEO of fourscore home and others that Lost their lives and may God almighty allah Grant those injured there a fast recovery inshallah

Why did d building collapse?
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by onelovenigeria(m): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2021
lexy2014:

you lack reasoning
period
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by lexy2014: 10:28am On Nov 05, 2021
onelovenigeria:

you lack reasoning
period

With all ur reasoning that u have, why can't u answer d simple question:

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by akdjr(m): 10:30am On Nov 05, 2021
Lagos has massive land in Ikorodu, Epe, Igoke etc that can be development by Government and make sure there are good roads, social amenities and encourage people to move into those location that won't make them miss or wanting to see other places except when necessary. I don't think Lagos need those kind of high-rise building.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by onelovenigeria(m): 10:37am On Nov 05, 2021
lexy2014:

With all ur reasoning that u have, why can't u answer d simple question:

I dont know....and am not even in the country for some years now....so how possible can that be...you need to understand that people that this collapse affected will need closure and not assumptions....i am not saying am certain it explosive ...but nothing can be rule out and to stop future instance.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by ugotaya: 10:38am On Nov 05, 2021
HERE WHAT PASTOR SHOLA SAY ABOUT FAKE SAKAMAJE PASTORS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hFLkaYkGSE
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by luizpippo(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Does it mean he no longer listens to consultants?

Now he has consulted himself to 6 feets below.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by seyz91(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2021
weldone english teacher

who english epp?

just get my message is what that matters

where your english don carry you too?
SlyfoxxjReturns:

It didn’t do much good to your English.

You use the word ‘abroad’ to refer to yourself in a foreign country when you are presently in THAT country.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Jakumo(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

You think selling Italian clothes and shoes is a small business. If you’re smart about it, you can be making up to $1,000 commission on each Piece.

In the above video clip, Mr. Oshibona the property developer was quick to inform the television interviewer that he never owned a clothing shop during his formative years as a clothing salesman, but rather sold Italian clothes and shoes out of the trunk of his car, meaning there was no fixed business address for his clothing retail business between 1991 and 1997. It is that sudden and dramatic transition from being a traveling haberdasher selling Italian clothing in London, to reinventing himself as a real estate developer with holdings on several continents, that remains short on convincing details.

Certainly, any law-abiding UK resident with a clean credit record can purchase via installment a residential property in London, by assuming a mortgage that typically spreads the cost of the property over 30 years during which substantial interest charges and property taxes are also added to the initial cost of the property.

Purchasing homes by means of a mortgage remains the most common means by which families and investors get their first step up the real estate ladder in Western nations, so it is perfectly plausible for an itinerant Nigerian immigrant clothing retailer to become a player in London's property market, at least from a theoretical standpoint. Nonetheless, it is worthy of mention that most middle-class families in the UK can only afford to take a mortgage out with a bank for the purchase of their sole and primary place of residence, and are seldom in any position to "decide" they can embark on careers as global property tycoons.

The upshot of the above musings is simply that this observer is highly skeptical about the source of the property developer's wealth, and about the true ownership of the three multi-story buildings that were under construction when one of them crumbled and imploded. The use of proxy ownership as a means of wealth concealment is as old as the hills, just as the faking of one's death is a ploy sometimes dusted off and used by folks who for whatever reason, seek to evade the long arm of the law.

Above are the words uttered by the Oracle when I went deep into the forest to pay homage last night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by shigishege: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:
The government should tell us who owns the building and let's start there. Setting up of panels makes no difference
I don't know the type of people that full this country l. So if you know the person that owns the building what will you do pls
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by toprealman: 10:53am On Nov 05, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

This mad man was bragging about gaming the system. See where it has led to now.

His death and that of other innocent workers trying to earn an honest living.

May Nigeria not happen to us.
The system failed him. Let's show some respect to the dead regardless
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by abeggnow: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

This mad man was bragging about gaming the system. See where it has led to now.

His death and that of other innocent workers trying to earn an honest living.

May Nigeria not happen to us.
my tots exactly.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 05, 2021
He comes across like a guy who was successful without really knowing why (he happened to be in the right place at the right time) and began to disregard the rules of his industry...ultimately paying the price.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by abeggnow: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:
sad Hav you thought about Explosive attached around the building Piller

Nothing is impossible
there no explosive dont come with false naratives
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by abeggnow: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2021
RichDad1:
no we can not because of his greed the killed scores of people with himself
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by abeggnow: 10:59am On Nov 05, 2021
RichDad1:
no we can not because of his greed the killed scores of people with himself.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by lexy2014: 11:01am On Nov 05, 2021
onelovenigeria:

I dont know....and am not even in the country for some years now....so how possible can that be...you need to understand that people that this collapse affected will need closure and not assumptions....i am not saying am certain it explosive ...but nothing can be rule out and to stop future instance.

From the testimony of the survivors and those who were in d vicinity at d time of the collapse, did anyone say they heard an explosion before the building came crashing down?
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Indispensable85(m): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2021
Even with all the evidence before us, some foolish lunatic still believe the property belongs to osibanjo. Daft Nigerians!
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Jakumo(m): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2021
lexy2014:

Why did d building collapse?

Any tall structure that is erected within view of a lagoon, is susceptible to collapse due to the subterranean osmosis of water from the lagoon, into the upper strata of the soil on which buildings are constructed. In such waterfront land, building foundations are heavily reinforced with the use of "pilings", which are essentially massive pillars buried deep in the ground during the initial stage of construction.

Despite the inclusion of deep pilings to stabilize tall buildings located on reclaimed waterfront land, multi-story building collapses have been recorded worldwide, with the most recent one being the Surfside Condominium Towers in Miami Florida on Thursday, July 24th, 2021, which collapsed into itself like so many layers of pancakes, killing 98 residents of the condominiums that comprising that tower block.

Given the inherent dangers of erecting tall structures on reclaimed land near lagoons and waterways, it would be simplistic to ascribe the collapse of that building in Lagos to "substandard construction", or "explosives". Global warming is already undermining waterside construction projects globally, in a silent, insidious progression that is often invisible until walls crack and beams give way with explosive consequences.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by yusufu16: 11:15am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:
sad Hav you thought about Explosive attached around the building Piller

Nothing is impossible

TO be honest I am thinking towards that line. Bad belle people full this country. Look at how the building came down, not even a single column remains. How is it also that the owner was inside the building when it happened.

In this country, once you are doing well, bad belle people full everywhere. Anything is possible in this country.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by kafeii123: 11:34am On Nov 05, 2021
Stupidity is it's own reward
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by UnimkeAk(m): 11:35am On Nov 05, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
The guy has always been a real hustler.

From all us, hustlers all over the world, we say

RIP commrade.

You were not responsible for the collapse. Useless architects and engineers did it.

Life is transit. Let us be careful how we live.
"When I first came to Nigeria, I believed in consultants so much. If an architect tells me something, I will do whatever he tells me to do.... I later realized that some people they only Know book, they do not understand the practical aspect of the work...."
The consultant gave several warnings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update / Abandoned Mansions: Estate Deserted In Abuja (Photos) / Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.