Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,288 members, 7,954,148 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:06 PM

TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video (55770 Views)

Femi Osibona Arrested In 2020 For Resisting Sealing Ikoyi Building (Throwback / Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by irumanle(m): 9:18am On Nov 05, 2021
onelovenigeria:

so true ...totally agree that collapse should be investigated....something is wrong and i dont believe it substandard material as presume...a lot of factor are required for high rising building to collapse and the case of substandard material here doesnt fit....
explosive shouldnt be dismiss at all
my Opinion
And who told you guys that the use of substandard materials is the only major reason why structures collapse?
Go and watch his interview on TVC he is bragging and calling God where he is expected to explain technical issues.
I did my NYSC in a consultancy firm handling two of such magnificent project. Guess what, No Quality Control, No Residence M&E, Structural (Steel & Concrete) Engineer, No Residence QS. The contractor will deliver concrete cube to our office but Oga will refuse to take it for testing because he wanted to save cost. The worst of it all, he stole the drawing from South Africans. Lagos people like to dey form smartness but na them mumu pass.

4 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by LaReinaa(f): 9:20am On Nov 05, 2021
We are still waiting for the original owner/owners to be procecuted!
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by LaReinaa(f): 9:24am On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
They said the building belongs to Osibanjo
It's obviously one of their money laundering schemes.. there are somany of them within Lekki, Ikoyi and VI.
If you know, you know undecided
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Pharaohny: 9:25am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:
sad Hav you thought about Explosive attached around the building Piller

Nothing is impossible

Poor man thinks it's an implosion or controlled demolition, spits in disgust
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Pharaohny: 9:27am On Nov 05, 2021
webshopNG:

The extra 6 floors they added is the explosive you are looking for. Put 1000 extra kg in a 2000kg capacity plane for a 6hour flight.

It might take off but mid air, a calamity may happen.
I.love your analysis the guy is dumb to think the building was wired
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by BigDawsNet: 9:28am On Nov 05, 2021
pafo:

Shey na c4 Dem strap to am ni? Cos even grenades no go bring down a building structurally strong to rubbles.

So na only C4 and grenades bii the only explosives wey they available...

Baba we are in 2021
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Gkemz: 9:28am On Nov 05, 2021
RIP to the occupants who lost their lives. Especially to the PA who died few days to her wedding. May God console their families.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by BigDawsNet: 9:29am On Nov 05, 2021
seyz91:
no be American Movie una dey watch

You guys need to travel..

It change your mentality
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by seyz91(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2021
incase you don't know, i work abroad, live most of my life abroad

so stop judging people if you don't know them really undecided
BigDawsNet:

You guys need to travel..

It change your mentality

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by onelovenigeria(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2021
webshopNG:

The extra 6 floors they added is the explosive you are looking for. Put 1000 extra kg in a 2000kg capacity plane for a 6hour flight.

It might take off but mid air, a calamity may happen.
i get your sentiment ....but it still am assumption that the extra 6 floor might have been the cause of the collapse ...let wait for the conclusion when investigation is done....nothing can be rule out if not thing been equal...Nigeria of 2021 is not nigeria of 1999 ....so explosive can do such damage as well.....
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Terrier99: 9:32am On Nov 05, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
You must have a PhD on building demolition..

Why not regale us on your thorough findings? angry

Here is a short Course: Controlled demolition for Dummies.
https://www.hughesandsalvidge.co.uk/news/controlled-demolitions-work-use/

Start from there.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Have you heard about Explosive breaching they are explosive with very low sound used by the military...it's can do some good damage....

If I was some kind of private investigator...I will look more into it

‘Silent explosive’ sounds like the worlds biggest oxymoron.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by BigDawsNet: 9:35am On Nov 05, 2021
xaggar:

Guy! your country don't have the tech to make such explosive. Your country don't have the idea that such exists. Your country buys almost everything manufactured; and since they do, no advanced nation would be willing to sell such weapon to a rogue nation like yours.

C4 are usually used for small scaled explosion with less fireworks but the bang made can still be heard.

That building fell due to 2 things.
1. Over loading (15 storeys was originally approved but they went further to make it 21).

2. Nigeria building engineering is still stuck with building with iron rods as reinforcement for buildings with great heights like this one. They are yet to understand the use of steel beams and columns.

Hav you heard about black market arms deals?

They are like coke dealer...they get you whatever you want apart from a fighter jet, warship and submarine....

C4 i just one out of over 100 type of explosive..na 2021 we dey bro

Absolutely the building fell because of the bad construction...
Yea that's the primary fault and more investigation will be carried on that ..

But secondary investigation should not be sidelines...
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by AgricMaster: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

This mad man was bragging about gaming the system. See where it has led to now.

His death and that of other innocent workers trying to earn a honest living.

May Nigeria not happen to us.

always gaming the system.
the urban planing in uk made mistake and wrote 7 story instead of 6 and he did not go back to the urban planning to rectify the mistake.Rather build 7. this was done twice
he dey form smartness na the smartness don turn to dumbness
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by onelovenigeria(m): 9:37am On Nov 05, 2021
irumanle:
And who told you guys that the use of substandard materials is the only major reason why structures collapse?
Go and watch his interview on TVC he is bragging and calling God where he is expected to explain technical issues.
I did my NYSC in a consultancy firm handling two of such magnificent project. Guess what, No Quality Control, No Residence M&E, Structural (Steel & Concrete) Engineer, No Residence QS. The contractor will deliver concrete cube to our office but Oga will refuse to take it for testing because he wanted to save cost. The worst of it all, he stole the drawing from South Africans. Lagos people like to dey form smartness but na them mumu pass.
i get your point...we understand most times Nigerians like to cut corner to get few naira....but not withstanding this building is an almost completed project and came crashing like that ....it might have a lot of information we are not aware of....and i still will maintain an explosive cant be rule out.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Jakumo:
This guy's story just doesn't add up. He sold shoes in England from 1991 to 1997, and then "decided" to buy a house, before just as quickly "deciding" to go into real estate development, presumably with the money he made selling shoes in a retail capacity.

One suspects that this man was simply a front for the REAL owners of the various buildings he erected in Nigeria, including the multi-story structure whose collapse is purported to have claimed the developer's life.

The real owners of such properties are likely to be well-connected treasury looters who do not wish to be publicly identified and thus require the services of a front to pose as the legitimate owner of such buildings erected with embezzled public funds, as a means of side-stepping the attention of the public, and of law enforcement agencies.

Anyway, our one-time shoe seller is supposedly dead, and his secrets will be that much more difficult to unravel, regardless of whether he is actually dead, or simply in hiding outside Nigeria.

You think selling Italian clothes an shoes is a small business. If you’re smart about it, you can be making up to $1,000 commission on each Piece.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by BigDawsNet: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2021
seyz91:
incase you don't know, i work abroad, live most of my life abroad

so stop judging people if you don't know them really undecided

I dint face you directly bro

"I said you guys"

You live abroad...I guess you should know how the gov control investigations...
Probably you based in EU
Here in the states... Investigation team submit series of theories
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by richmondefosa(m): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2021
chukel:
an honest living. Please correct it. Thanks

Done. Many thanks.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by fashrola(m): 9:43am On Nov 05, 2021
RichDad1:
The man is dead now, can we allow him rest ?

Why him go rest when he sent those innocent daily labourers to their early grave because of his greed and quest to make more money!!!

He will never rest in PEACE!!!
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Preciousppearl(f): 9:44am On Nov 05, 2021
Lightorder:
Great guy, great mind. This is sad but this interview will change me for life. Contractors could destroy anyone. A little project I did two months ago thought me this. If you don’t sit down with them in your site and have your eyes wide open , exchange blows with them , they will bury you. They would buy inferior materials, inflate the price, steal the materials and use the remaining materials poorly. To the extent that even the guy I trusted to keep an eye on them , ended up teaming up with them to mess me up. Especially here in Lagos. Wicked builders everywhere . May God rest the soul of the departed and give their families the fortitude to bear the loss
very wicked and heartless set of people. Best is buying materials yourself, I had to sacrifice time for that yet I think that's what triggered their wickedness, I caught the engineer stealing materials that was when I showed him the madness in me, turns out the security was in on it too. I arrested n changed them immediately.

2 Likes

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 05, 2021
onelovenigeria:

i get your sentiment ....but it still am assumption that the extra 6 floor might have been the cause of the collapse ...let wait for the conclusion when investigation is done....nothing can be rule out if not thing been equal...Nigeria of 2021 is not nigeria of 1999 ....so explosive can do such damage as well.....
When you are building one or a developer is building one skyscrapper for you in future. Pls don't do this. It will collapse.

The law of physics is an established law not an assumption.

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by OdefaGirl(f): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2021
I feel so sad that this incident happened..... No life is greater than the other but this guy is a great guy and not supposed to end like this. RIP Sir and all other souls that were lost.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by fashrola(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2021
onelovenigeria:

i really think that the collapse of that building should be investigated because i honest can't believe i high rising building can come down that way so easily.... and it didnt come down when the owners and the contractor were not around...it when the were in the said site it too place....it really need to be investigated ....and from the picture i saw of that said building i cant rule out a bomb maybe ....

See as you dey reason like person where no go school... Na wa oooo

Have you heard about Structural defect in building? If yes.... What is always the outcome?
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:
The government should tell us who owns the building and let's start there. Setting up of panels makes no difference
Seems you guys are dull in hearing. You want to hear Oshinbajo name dragged into the mud . God no go shame us.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by onelovenigeria(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2021
webshopNG:

When you are building one or a developer is building one skyscrapper for you in future. Pls don't do this. It will collapse.

The law of physics is an established law not an assumption.
i got your point

1 Like

Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by aminusodiq(m): 9:56am On Nov 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:
sad Hav you thought about Explosive attached around the building Piller

Nothing is impossible
there were survivors... And eye witness account is mote valuable than mere imaginations
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by onelovenigeria(m): 9:58am On Nov 05, 2021
fashrola:

See as you dey reason like person where no go school... Na wa oooo

Have you heard about Structural defect in building? If yes.... What is always the outcome?

defect can be in design materials or workmanship ...i get it but we are talking about the total collapse of the building....i am not saying am certain it could be an explosive...but it cant be rule out in this case.
Thanks
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2021
xaggar:

Guy! your country don't have the tech to make such explosive. Your country don't have the idea that such exists. Your country buys almost everything manufactured; and since they do, no advanced nation would be willing to sell such weapon to a rogue nation like yours.

C4 are usually used for small scaled explosion with less fireworks but the bang made can still be heard.

That building fell due to 2 things.
1. Over loading (15 storeys was originally approved but they went further to make it 21).

2. Nigeria building engineering is still stuck with building with iron rods as reinforcement for buildings with great heights like this one. They are yet to understand the use of steel beams and columns.

Don’t mind Nigerians. They always want to jump the most obvious explanation and settle for the most complicated one.

There is no such thing as a completely silent explosive. Especially one capable of bringing down a building that size. Even gun silencers don’t eliminate the bang, they just muffle it so the shooter doesn’t go deaf.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by albankubi(m): 10:06am On Nov 05, 2021
This long introduction as if he found the cure for cancer and HIV
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by Reeses: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2021
Asadujames202:
The criminal, ritualist from the wild west is gon

He was phucking his PA before the whole building caved in
Reason, she was found naked

Na straight to hell fire

No Ewedu in hell fire

Fulani man I see what you did here. Trying to knack to heads together
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by sowilli: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2021
The desire to make it quick at the expense of quality, patience and rule of law is what will keep causing these kind of sad events. Now everyone wants to do real estate, so many developers around just like everyone wants to do gas without subscribing to the demands of doing these businesses right.
Rule of law remains the biggest challenge in Nigeria. If this can be looked into, every other thing will work.
Re: TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video by adamsmith914: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2021
michlins:
The government should tell us who owns the building and let's start there. Setting up of panels makes no difference
Were you forced & blind folded when you entered this thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet / Imported Exterior & Interior Doors Available / Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.