Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth (53931 Views)

Now Zambians Are Destroying South African Businesses In Zambia. / Two Men Destroying Each Other’s Car, Along The Lekki-epe Expressway,Lagos / Youths Destroying Military Car During Riot In Jos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by GeneralPula: 6:56am On Nov 09, 2021
Dagger111:
They call it ice in southwest.

Fellow Nairalanders, pls permit me to explain it further from where the OP stopped.

Ice (crystal methamphetamine) is a drug that stimulates the brain and nervous system, and is highly addictive. Dependence on ice means that you need the drug to help you go about your everyday activities. Ice is also known as crystal methamphetamine, crystal meth, glass, shards and puff.

How ice affects the body

There is no safe level of ice use. Any drug use is risky, and effects can vary from person to person and depend on factors such as:

Amount and strength of the dose.
Physical make-up and state of mind.
Response to the drug (for example, a first-time user may experience different effects to someone who has used it before).
Whether it has been mixed with other drugs.
How is ice used?
Ice is generally smoked or injected and the effects can be felt almost immediately. Depending on how it is used, effects usually start:

smoked (immediate)
injected (15 to 30 seconds)
snorted (3 to 5 minutes)
swallowed (15 to 20 minutes)
Although the effects of ice usually last up to 12 hours, sleep problems can occur for a few days after use.

Ice is highly addictive and can cause ‘ice psychosis’ in some people, which can result in unpredictable and violent behaviour.

Short-term effects of ice
Ice acts rapidly and produces effects such as:

enlarged pupils and dry mouth
excessive sweating
feelings of pleasure and confidence
teeth grinding
increased energy
increased sex drive (libido)
itching and scratching
rapid heart rate and breathing
reduced appetite
nosebleeds and damage to the nasal passage (from snorting).

Coming down’ from ice
‘Coming down’ from ice can take several days and effects include:

difficulty sleeping
exhaustion
feeling down or low
irritability
agitation
paranoia, hallucinations and confusion.
Using other drugs (such as benzodiazepines, cannabis and opioids) to cope with coming down from ice may lead to a cycle of dependence where someone becomes reliant on all the drugs they use.

Symptoms of ice overdose
Ice overdose may occur if you:

take a strong batch
use a large amount of ice
mix ice with other drugs – including over-the-counter and prescribed medications, alcohol, heroin.
A drug overdose is a medical emergency. You can still be in danger even if not all overdose symptoms are present.

Symptoms of ice overdose may include:

racing heart and chest pain
difficulty breathing
fits or uncontrolled jerking
agitation and confusion
severe headache
passing out or unconsciousness .
Ice overdose can lead to stroke, heart attack and death. Fast action could save someone’s life.

Isn’t that Banku?

If it’s Banku, it doesn’t last 12hours in the body oo. Infact it doesn’t last 1hour..

I so dislike the drug..

3 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by 123papas(m): 6:56am On Nov 09, 2021
This is a National problem. The SE communities are tackling it head on that’s why the SE is on the news on the matter. All hands on deck pls

7 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Pataricatering(f): 6:59am On Nov 09, 2021
Antoeni:
This must have contributed to the high number of Mad Men we see on the road these days.
The worst is that the number of men in the world is not equivalent to the number of women, so if some of the men we have now run mad or probably becomes impotent as a result of this, how is procreation going to be possible?
Actually there are slightly more men than women worldwide. Pls do your research and stop regurgitating the ignorant nonsense they teach you people in church .

8 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 09, 2021

10 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by JustforMen: 7:02am On Nov 09, 2021
Bodmum:
mtcheew. Abokis trying to paint/call South Easterners youths bad names so as to hang them.

as usual, you avoid responsibility and start looking for who to blame... it is not Aboki, it is DSS

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Pataricatering(f): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2021
Dagger111:
They call it ice in southwest.

Fellow Nairalanders, pls permit me to explain it further from where the OP stopped.

Ice (crystal methamphetamine) is a drug that stimulates the brain and nervous system, and is highly addictive. Dependence on ice means that you need the drug to help you go about your everyday activities. Ice is also known as crystal methamphetamine, crystal meth, glass, shards and puff.

How ice affects the body

There is no safe level of ice use. Any drug use is risky, and effects can vary from person to person and depend on factors such as:

Amount and strength of the dose.
Physical make-up and state of mind.
Response to the drug (for example, a first-time user may experience different effects to someone who has used it before).
Whether it has been mixed with other drugs.
How is ice used?
Ice is generally smoked or injected and the effects can be felt almost immediately. Depending on how it is used, effects usually start:

smoked (immediate)
injected (15 to 30 seconds)
snorted (3 to 5 minutes)
swallowed (15 to 20 minutes)
Although the effects of ice usually last up to 12 hours, sleep problems can occur for a few days after use.

Ice is highly addictive and can cause ‘ice psychosis’ in some people, which can result in unpredictable and violent behaviour.

Short-term effects of ice
Ice acts rapidly and produces effects such as:

enlarged pupils and dry mouth
excessive sweating
feelings of pleasure and confidence
teeth grinding
increased energy
increased sex drive (libido)
itching and scratching
rapid heart rate and breathing
reduced appetite
nosebleeds and damage to the nasal passage (from snorting).

Coming down’ from ice
‘Coming down’ from ice can take several days and effects include:

difficulty sleeping
exhaustion
feeling down or low
irritability
agitation
paranoia, hallucinations and confusion.
Using other drugs (such as benzodiazepines, cannabis and opioids) to cope with coming down from ice may lead to a cycle of dependence where someone becomes reliant on all the drugs they use.

Symptoms of ice overdose
Ice overdose may occur if you:

take a strong batch
use a large amount of ice
mix ice with other drugs – including over-the-counter and prescribed medications, alcohol, heroin.
A drug overdose is a medical emergency. You can still be in danger even if not all overdose symptoms are present.

Symptoms of ice overdose may include:

racing heart and chest pain
difficulty breathing
fits or uncontrolled jerking
agitation and confusion
severe headache
passing out or unconsciousness .
Ice overdose can lead to stroke, heart attack and death. Fast action could save someone’s life.
just Reading all these symptoms is making my heart beat fast ' talk less of using the substance itself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by boxypane(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2021
This is the result of a failed government.
Depression here and there. Some escape, some only by dealing in drugs.
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by redcliff: 7:03am On Nov 09, 2021
thread to bring down the south east once again.. lol
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Seankhalifa: 7:03am On Nov 09, 2021
Stop drugs.. enjoy your money chop good food..

4 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Mayeldah(m): 7:04am On Nov 09, 2021
bcomputer101:
No wonder.....

I sense Nmadi KANU introduced it to South East youths so they can be active with their IPOB/ESN madness.

Recommendations:
1- NDLEA should going after every youth in that region.
2- Nigeria correctional service should also build more prison for the sons of hate/efufulele.
3- Shoot at sight on anyone of them restricting NDLEA arrest.
4- Anyone arrested should be taken to Northeast for cultivation of perishable goods.

Are you Ok?
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Kelvinhunta: 7:05am On Nov 09, 2021
Shut up! You are not from the East and thereby not qualified to talk for the Easterners. The post doesn't truly reflect how things are in the East, someone reading this will have the impression that you will see at least 1 mad person on each street in the East which is really decieving. Drug usage has been a problem all over the world from time immemorial so u cannot say because u know 3 people taking hard drugs that then it's a menace in the south east. Besides this is Nigeria where some government officials will collect money to do statistics but then stay in their house to populate some figures then say they have done their work
Antoeni:
People think that all these violence going on the East is ordinary. The earlier Ndigbo understand that things have gone bad at home the better for us. Before now, Igbos were mostly dealers, today the boys at home have turned to users. In various Igbo cities, towns and villages, crystal meth ( christened as Mkpuru Miri by our people) is sold and consumed in high quantities. In fact recent NDLEA report shows that drug usage is higher now in the South East with Imo State the theater of the violence in the East coming number one in the Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by matm: 7:05am On Nov 09, 2021
Ndlea shld go after d source and suppliers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Akharmony: 7:05am On Nov 09, 2021
Niger, Abuja, Kaduna , kano.. From my background experience from this various states i think drug abuse is just a common thing clebrated amongst both the rich class, average and stuggling.

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by beejay501: 7:06am On Nov 09, 2021
Thank God for my life , this ice na very strong drug o.
If person take am naso person eye go dy shine , person morale go reach 100%.. but meth is everywhere not only east, but Igbo boys dy abuse am wella same as Yoruba. Lagos here everyone dy take am Vulcanizer, mechanic,yahoo boys etc.
I thank God for my life because this ice dy chop person brain o.

7 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:07am On Nov 09, 2021
GeneralPula:

Isn’t that Banku?

If it’s Banku, it doesn’t last 12hours in the body oo. Infact it doesn’t last 1hour..

I so dislike the drug..
You have to take more quantity.

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by zinaunreal(m): 7:07am On Nov 09, 2021
Antoeni:
This must have contributed to the high number of Mad Men we see on the road these days.
The worst is that the number of men in the world is not equivalent to the number of women, so if some of the men we have now run mad or probably becomes impotent as a result of this, how is procreation going to be possible?

Lol what is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by rajiedreez: 7:08am On Nov 09, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Check again, carefully this time.
its very normal 178/20. Just confirmed grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Kelvinhunta: 7:08am On Nov 09, 2021
U mean u wash clothes for a living? And without drug takers clothes u will stave? I wonder if ur shop would survive if they see this ur post
inverseparanoia:
I have found all manners of drugs in the pockets of young people who brings their clothes to my laundry shop...
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 7:09am On Nov 09, 2021
Bodmum:
mtcheew. Abokis trying to paint/call South Easterners youths bad names so as to hang them.

Not surprised at all. You people sabi blame others more than anything. Even if you can't get it up, you will blame Fulanis, Buhari and Tinubu.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 7:09am On Nov 09, 2021
Bros this thing don destroy many boys here for delta
In fact I was once an addict to crack cocaine and meth
Mehn this shit ain’t funny

Say no to drugs

9 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Grandmeister(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2021
123papas:
This is a National problem. The SE communities are tackling it head on that’s why the SE is on the news on the matter. All hands on deck pls
It's OK if the Op makes it a SE thing. It will shine more light on it so that those in the east can tackle it head on. Let those who want to cover up theirs continue.

11 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Pataricatering(f): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool DER IS NO HARM IN TRYING IT. U GONA FEEL GUD GUD AND THANK ME LATER. WTF MAN
Hmmn , dude just gave you some serious words of advice ..it's left to you to heed or not .
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Pataricatering(f): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2021
DSC7:

Dem force the children buy am?.. ......

#SayNoToDrugs
did they force them to sell it ,?

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by myike2(m): 7:14am On Nov 09, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool I CALL IT, MY BEST ICE IN ICE LAND.. NACK AM WIT SK OR ARIZONA. ABOBI U GO DE ALRIGHT. WTF MAN

Congrats! Today you posted something else other than “HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN”

5 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by DSC7: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2021
Pataricatering:
did they force them to sell it ,?

Based on demand.......
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Badonasty(m): 7:16am On Nov 09, 2021
The day I saw boys for street sniffing cocaine na hin I know say everything don scatter
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Gentlerespect76: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2021
Anything to throw stones at the Igbo. God punish stupidity. Do you see how he tied this mkpulummiri to the agitation in South East?

2 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Benoxvals(m): 7:18am On Nov 09, 2021
south east youths?
Isi adighi gi mma.
Meth is a worldwide problem nkakwu.

2 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by chinchonglee(m): 7:18am On Nov 09, 2021
Stephenofu:
We are currently working on a program targeted at unemployed or underemployed graduates with basic computer skill whereby they could work at their own space and pace.

Minimum pay is 50k monthly! You may signify interest if you care or know someone who needs it.

Send a mail to temitopeadeolabisi@gmail.com to be added to a work group! subject your mail "work group"

NB: if you are not computer savvy, you will be trained.
It's crypto baa?
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by iyke2frankeze: 7:19am On Nov 09, 2021
Let him who has ears here! There maybe need to come up with a nongovernmental security outfit like bakasi to tackle this menace because government outfits will only be interested in bribe collection. Igbos are not known to tolerate nonsense and it must not start in our own time. I know some people will say that it happens everywhere but they should know that everywhere is not Southeast. A stitch in time, saves nine.

2 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Akabuking: 7:19am On Nov 09, 2021
Bodmum:
Everything mustn't be about ethnic coloration, Fact is fact. I live in the the east, and I have lived in the north, so I know what is on ground.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Pataricatering(f): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2021
DSC7:

Based on demand.......

based on supply

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

17-year-old Arrested For Allegedly Impregnating 10 Ladies In Rivers / Soldier, Adegor Okpako Committed Suicide (Graphic Photos) / Nigeria Yahoo Boys That Ran To Ghana Cry Out That Life Is Not Easy In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.