Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth (53924 Views)

Now Zambians Are Destroying South African Businesses In Zambia. / Two Men Destroying Each Other’s Car, Along The Lekki-epe Expressway,Lagos / Youths Destroying Military Car During Riot In Jos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Deiks: 7:21am On Nov 09, 2021
Blogger keep quiet who smoke pass northerners see those set of buhari people what they can't smoke doesn't exit ...the drugs you just mentioned now is the least in the north ...
These people smoke different color of carbide they even inhale concentrated urine just to be high undecided

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2021
Bodmum:
mtcheew. Abokis trying to paint/call South Easterners youths bad names so as to hang them.
It's true
The south east youths are heavily engaged in it especially the Yahoo boys
So don't let it look like a propaganda
It isn't.

MEANWHILE,
AM ORGANIZING A WHATSAPP CLASS ON VOTER'S EDUCATION AND GOVERNANCE
VISIT MY SIGNATURE TO KNOW MORE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by drmuri(m): 7:23am On Nov 09, 2021
Dagger111:
They call it ice in southwest.

Fellow Nairalanders, pls permit me to explain it further from where the OP stopped.

Ice (crystal methamphetamine) is a drug that stimulates the brain and nervous system, and is highly addictive. Dependence on ice means that you need the drug to help you go about your everyday activities. Ice is also known as crystal methamphetamine, crystal meth, glass, shards and puff.

How ice affects the body

There is no safe level of ice use. Any drug use is risky, and effects can vary from person to person and depend on factors such as:

Amount and strength of the dose.
Physical make-up and state of mind.
Response to the drug (for example, a first-time user may experience different effects to someone who has used it before).
Whether it has been mixed with other drugs.
How is ice used?
Ice is generally smoked or injected and the effects can be felt almost immediately. Depending on how it is used, effects usually start:

smoked (immediate)
injected (15 to 30 seconds)
snorted (3 to 5 minutes)
swallowed (15 to 20 minutes)
Although the effects of ice usually last up to 12 hours, sleep problems can occur for a few days after use.

Ice is highly addictive and can cause ‘ice psychosis’ in some people, which can result in unpredictable and violent behaviour.

Short-term effects of ice
Ice acts rapidly and produces effects such as:

enlarged pupils and dry mouth
excessive sweating
feelings of pleasure and confidence
teeth grinding
increased energy
increased sex drive (libido)
itching and scratching
rapid heart rate and breathing
reduced appetite
nosebleeds and damage to the nasal passage (from snorting).

Coming down’ from ice
‘Coming down’ from ice can take several days and effects include:

difficulty sleeping
exhaustion
feeling down or low
irritability
agitation
paranoia, hallucinations and confusion.
Using other drugs (such as benzodiazepines, cannabis and opioids) to cope with coming down from ice may lead to a cycle of dependence where someone becomes reliant on all the drugs they use.

Symptoms of ice overdose
Ice overdose may occur if you:

take a strong batch
use a large amount of ice
mix ice with other drugs – including over-the-counter and prescribed medications, alcohol, heroin.
A drug overdose is a medical emergency. You can still be in danger even if not all overdose symptoms are present.

Symptoms of ice overdose may include:

racing heart and chest pain
difficulty breathing
fits or uncontrolled jerking
agitation and confusion
severe headache
passing out or unconsciousness .
Ice overdose can lead to stroke, heart attack and death. Fast action could save someone’s life.
God bless you for this elaborate explanation

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by blowjohn(m): 7:23am On Nov 09, 2021
Antoeni:
People think that all these violence going on the East is ordinary. The earlier Ndigbo understand that things have gone bad at home the better for us. Before now, Igbos were mostly dealers, today the boys at home have turned to users. In various Igbo cities, towns and villages, crystal meth ( christened as Mkpuru Miri by our people) is sold and consumed in high quantities. In fact recent NDLEA report shows that drug usage is higher now in the South East with Imo State the theater of the violence in the East coming number one in the Nigeria.

Reminds me of some lines from Nas 'store run' lyrics...

What happens when dealers reduce to addicts?
What happens when kings don't see their potential status?
What's your exit plan? Face to face with my omens, I never ran
Stood on stages most never can, pyrotechnics and leather pants

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Boogyman557: 7:24am On Nov 09, 2021
Pataricatering:
Hmmn , dude just gave you some serious words of advice ..it's left to you to heed or not .
HOLLY GRAM cool I CAN STAY WITHOUT GETTING HIGH MAN. AS I DE TYPE U NOW, WEED DE MY MOUTH. WTF MAN
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Walkee: 7:24am On Nov 09, 2021
Pataricatering:
Actually there are slightly more men than women worldwide. Pls do your research and stop regurgitating the ignorant nonsense they teach you people in church .
that's when you count the 100s of millions of men languishing in prison and the wastes on the streets. The only reason it even comes close is India and China. In any other country women far outnumber men.
India and China used to do gendered abortion

5 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Commentor: 7:24am On Nov 09, 2021
boxypane:
This is the result of a failed government.
Depression here and there. Some escape, some only by dealing in drugs.

It is very popular in the US.

Government failed them too.

Mumu talk.

You guys should learn to detach your failings from some other entity.

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by chinchonglee(m): 7:25am On Nov 09, 2021
Sanchez01:

This is a nonsense take. Whitney Houston, at some point, had a net worth of $115 million but left behind a -$20 million net worth at the time of her death.

Whether rich or poor, drugs will always bring you to ground zero. Be as wealthy as Bezos or Musk and get addicted to Meth, you might not be able to afford a simple meal in the end.

Bros... Ice is too cheap to bring bezos down abeg except you are talking of other expensive drugs...
His income per minute will buy a full truck of meth.

Meth is extremely cheap in USA. It's almost free

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Boogyman557: 7:25am On Nov 09, 2021
Drogunov:

Holly milligram! Idiotic drug addict. Just look at what you just posted
HOLLY GRAM cool I NO U LIKE IT. I NO U WANA GET SOME BUT NA WER TO BUY AM B UR PROP. JUST HALLA AT ME. I GET 1 MANCHI WEY DE ALWAYS SUPPLY AM 4 ME. WTF MAN
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Jen96: 7:25am On Nov 09, 2021
Unruly7:
This drug had disfigured my bro in the village life

I was in the village last 2 weeks it wasn't funny
I heard it changes the genetics. Is it that cheap that ppl buy it?
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by enjoy1100: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2021
Pink man and Walter
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Boogyman557: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2021
Kay25:

why would you destroy your life too soon when u just have one life my brother?please and please brother change you need jesus help oo
HOLLY GRAM cool AMA TRY AM BUT YAH KNW, IT AINT EASY MAN. WTF MAN
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Jen96: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2021
scarra:
It is called PARA in the southwest and it is as easy to get as weed and equally as cheap. That drug is the new rave and am scared for the younger generation as every 2 in 5 kids seems a user of this particular drug.
wow cheap like how much. ?
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by KiNg0G: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2021
johnwegs:
I just finished mine now
How much them dey sell
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by LINTUNE(m): 7:28am On Nov 09, 2021
drtee247:
Walter white and Jesse Pink Man while reading the News from the south East
hiesenburg
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by LINTUNE(m): 7:28am On Nov 09, 2021
drtee247:
Walter white and Jesse Pink Man while reading the News from the south East
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by KiNg0G: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2021
Alayaki1:
Early morning ice good for body....na your neck ice dey...we sniff ice here ni....no time...ice come balance with Arizona or loud or SK..ima wo
How much them dey sell, it nor dey common for warri here
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Agadinaagwuofe: 7:29am On Nov 09, 2021
JavaScript90:
lol. the name alone is funny. how can water have seed?
OK I have read the article and it is not coming from any reputable source or expert, this report can be best described as trash or propaganda because addiction to this drug is not an 'Igbo' thing but rather a general menace of drug abuse among Nigerian youths

Don't mind the poster. He is trying to run an agenda. It started as WhatsApp broadcast with no known research name and get to Facebook and the poster has the shamelessness to regurgitate it like "garbage in garbage out" methamphetamine has been a world drug menace which is not peculiar to SE.
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Chyma231(m): 7:29am On Nov 09, 2021
[ I just replied another fool in nairaland ]No wonder.....

I sense Nmadi KANU introduced it to South East youths so they can be active with their IPOB/ESN madness.

Recommendations:
1- NDLEA should going after every youth in that region.
2- Nigeria correctional service should also build more prison for the sons of hate/efufulele.
3- Shoot at sight on anyone of them restricting NDLEA arrest.
4- Anyone arrested should be taken to Northeast for cultivation of perishable goods.
[/quote]
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Crusadee: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2021
Bodmum:
mtcheew. Abokis trying to paint/call South Easterners youths bad names so as to hang them.
you are high on MKPULUMMIRI hope you take it easy

1 Like

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by RainAlex(m): 7:30am On Nov 09, 2021
Lol in Lag is called Woto! Woto!
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Boogyman557: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool . SOME MAD GIRLS CAN B PRETTY. ESPECIALLY DOES MAD YOUNG GIRLS. E GET 1 FOR MY AREA WEY DE HUNGRY ME TO NACK. SHE IS VERY CUTE, SLIM WIT FINE LIPS.. SOMETIMES I DO TALK TO HER WEN PASSING BY AND SHE WILL ANSWER ME. I SWEAR MY DICKSON DE ALWAYS RISE 4 DAT MAD GIRL.. DER WAS A TIME SHE WAS SITTING DOWN SOME WER CLOSE TO OUR COMPOUND GATE. I HAD TO COME OUT AND B LOOKING AT HER TILL SHE LEFT DAT PLACE. SOMETIMES I JUST FEEL LIKE MEETING HER IN A LONELY BUSH OR AREA. I WILL NOT FORCE HER BUT I WILL TELL HER DAT I LIKE HER AND I WANT TO NACK HER BCUS ANY TIME I TALK TO HER SHE RESPOND LIKE A NORMAL PESIN. DER WAS A TIME SHE WAS SMOKING CIGARETTE AND I ASK HER, SO NA ONLY U DE ENJOY UR SMOKE, SHE RESPOND, OYA COME TAKE. I JUST TOLD HER TO CARRY ON. WTF MAN
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by LivingTribunal: 7:31am On Nov 09, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
They call it guzoro where I'm from

You are from Awo
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by KiNg0G: 7:31am On Nov 09, 2021
rukis360:
This is nt peculiar to the east, it's a raging pandemic among the youths now, ice, banku, crack, ck, called many names... Abuja, lagos and other parts of Nigeria are affected by large number of users so why is the op makin it look like its an Eastern thing, PS I'm not igbo
Crack cocaine is different (ck) from ice

3 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Bigchristo: 7:31am On Nov 09, 2021
Antoeni:
People think that all these violence going on the East is ordinary. The earlier Ndigbo understand that things have gone bad at home the better for us. Before now, Igbos were mostly dealers, today the boys at home have turned to users. In various Igbo cities, towns and villages, crystal meth ( christened as Mkpuru Miri by our people) is sold and consumed in high quantities. In fact recent NDLEA report shows that drug usage is higher now in the South East with Imo State the theater of the violence in the East coming number one in the Nigeria.
Do not attribute taking of drugs to whatever going on in Southeast, when FG send troops to crackdown on people agitating and protesting proscribed them terrorist organization y’all never see that, now they’re doing what terrorist supposed to be doing there are extent which you can push someone and later they become violent, the drug you saw is being used all Nigeria not only east
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 09, 2021

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Lordofalmajiri(f): 7:34am On Nov 09, 2021
That ice bad gan cool cool
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Solidkay(m): 7:35am On Nov 09, 2021
Leave the issue of procreation to God, because men are becoming the next endangered species.
As much as everyone is responsible for his or her action,
I still strongly believe that our failed government contributed to this menace ravaging the youths,
Many are frustrated,any are depressed,
They're only looking for a few moments of happiness is their already messed up life.
God help our youths..
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by chinchonglee(m): 7:35am On Nov 09, 2021
KiNg0G:

How much them dey sell, it nor dey common for warri here
Its 500/1K per wrap here in lagos
Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by Commentor: 7:35am On Nov 09, 2021
chinchonglee:

Bros... Ice is too cheap to bring bezos down abeg except you are talking of other expensive drugs...
His income per minute will buy a full truck of meth.

Meth is extremely cheap in USA. It's almost free

You don't know anything.

Give Bezos Ice and he'll lose any form of lucidity to run an enterprise.

Within 6 months, he'll be thrown off the board of every corporation he sits on.

Add divorce and law suits, you'll sooner see him in a tent on skid Row.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by nograv: 7:35am On Nov 09, 2021
Antoeni:
This must have contributed to the high number of Mad Men we see on the road these days.
The worst is that the number of men in the world is not equivalent to the number of women, so if some of the men we have now run mad or probably becomes impotent as a result of this, how is procreation going to be possible?

Bros don't worry it means more women for the rest of us, so I am not complaining cheesy

Avoid drugs, this stuff makes you happy for 2 seconds but nothing more.

Naija isn't easy, but one must find a way forward...

6 Likes

Re: Mkpulummiri: The Dangerous Drug Destroying South East Youth by KiNg0G: 7:36am On Nov 09, 2021
beejay501:
Thank God for my life , this ice na very strong drug o.
If person take am naso person eye go dy shine , person morale go reach 100%.. but meth is everywhere not only east, but Igbo boys dy abuse am wella same as Yoruba. Lagos here everyone dy take am Vulcanizer, mechanic,yahoo boys etc.
I thank God for my life because this ice dy chop person brain o.

Na him be crack cocaine?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pastor's Son Who Beheaded Girl For Rituals Escapes From Remand Home. Photos / 17-year-old Arrested For Allegedly Impregnating 10 Ladies In Rivers / Thief Caught At Shoprite In Lagos, Rescued From Being Lynched By Mob. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.