Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,335 members, 7,829,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt (36843 Views)

New School Chemistry PDF File Download| Free Chemistry Textbook Download / How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank / I Saw My Secondary School Teacher After 15 Years And Am Thinking About This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by cho25bc(f): 1:36am On Nov 11, 2021
flamingREED:
Please, don't eat that salt.
Industrial preparation isn't detailedly covered in Ababio or Essential Chemistry.

I'm sure you're seasoned enough to understand what I'm saying.
Sea water contains other dissolved substances whose potency we cannot verify in a school lab.
I hope you show our comments to them.

But it's still a gorgeous feat.
Keep it up.
If you had taken your time to read his full post and not just the headline, there wont be any need for this advice. He already addressed the issue in the post sir.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by cho25bc(f): 1:44am On Nov 11, 2021
Savi78:
Abeg give me small salt make I put inside my beans

Before d beans don do, make i go buy dodo and crayfish com make we put inside grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by flamingREED(m): 2:25am On Nov 11, 2021
cho25bc:

If you had taken your time to read his full post and not just the headline, there wont be any need for this advice. He already addressed the issue in the post sir.

The salt we consume is iodised and thoroughly processed. Although, it's not yet on record that instant sea salt harmed anyone, but you never can tell what's peculiar to the water they got it from.
The presence of salt doesn't necessarily neutralise toxins.
I'm quite in order because I've just recommended that they shouldn't consume it, and that is whether they carry out purification processes by themselves or not.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 12, 2021
Oduok I've replied your email
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:17am On Nov 12, 2021
ekanx27:
Well done teacher. But the amount of Gas used to heat to sea water to dryness is more expensive than the salt they said they couldn't buy. Aside the fact that they have learnt what Evaporation is and the cationic and anionic test for the salt is the Pinnacle of the learning but say they don't have money to buy salt that's why they heat sea water to dryness is Fallacious and doesn't hold water. Once again, Thumbs up to you teacher. By the way I am also a Chemistry teacher in one of the private schools.
Nice to me you. We can connect on Whatsapp to exchange idea of methods of teaching the subject. You can Whatsapp me on the number on my signature
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:22am On Nov 12, 2021
laiza:
Wow!!! Do you know how proud I am reading this? I would love to employ you but not now. We're a start up Pharma and Veterinary company and we would definitely need great minds like yours. I studied chemistry before I went for Pharmacy. You can definitely be in our R&grin department or even laboratory to do analysis on products.
Please reach out and keep in touch.
Weldone and a big thanks from all of us at Hasb Pharma and Veterinary Limited.
Thank you a lot. I really look up to working with you on research projects at any time possible. I am Masters of Chemical Engineering Research Student.

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:26am On Nov 12, 2021
Oemies35:
Is it not boiling salt water to dryness? What's the big deal there?
Even industrial processes have no big deal. The products we import have no big deal in their manufacturing process. What matters is the will power, the confidence. Giving the kids that at early age makes a great difference.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:28am On Nov 12, 2021
Johnboom:
I am a Chemist too, you don't need to purify it. This is better than purify one as it contains other nutrients.
Great to meet you. We can relate to exchange ideas. The number on my signature is my WHATSAPP line.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:31am On Nov 12, 2021
boomssey:
sugar nko
Sure. They can do that too by crystallization. But they will obtain Brown sugar.

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:35am On Nov 12, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Thank you sir. You’re a very good teacher. I want to be like you when I grow up
Thank you for your kind words. We just have to use what we have learnt and experienced to affect lives positively.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:36am On Nov 12, 2021
Shokoloko:

You are simply amazing
Thanks
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:39am On Nov 12, 2021
smartasuen:
Please teach me how to evaporate sugar, sugar don add moni for market.
Crystallization. But your sugar will be Brown.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:40am On Nov 12, 2021
Mayeldah:
Weldone Teacher.

I wasn't that good in Chemistry in my secondary school days because the foundation wasn't Ok. I had a chemistry teacher in SS1 that I never liked, he was hash and had a poor teaching method

I managed to get a C6 for chemistry then.

You are doing well bro!
I am sure you are good at what you do today
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:42am On Nov 12, 2021
Origin:
This is the original salt....... the one that will not cause HBP.....

and does not contain all the chemicals used to separate the salt and make it whiter

salt should be clumpy and should attract water and should not be bright white.

If you sold this i would buy it.....

i have spent years of my life looking for this salt of our youth, but alas the market is flooded with PURE CHEMICAL, monopoly and profits.
Glad to read this. I will look up toxicological views between naturally occurring salt and synthetically manipulated ones
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:45am On Nov 12, 2021
ezenwajosh:
salt water?

So they used simplest distillation they didn't create salt from lab.

That's the oldest form of getting salt from sea water
No one has ever created anything. People study enough to combine existing substances or extract them from naturally occurring sources. It sounds big when you lack the knowledge and knowhow
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:48am On Nov 12, 2021
anochuko01:

I love this type of chemistry.

The most interesting part of this is that you have your personal lab.
Ya. Activity based teaching. I focus on explaining theories, calculations, laboratory practice, and projects.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:49am On Nov 12, 2021
Idzitari1:
U ar indeed a patriot. Keep the good work. SALUTE
Thank you
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:49am On Nov 12, 2021
Thryphosa:
Mr teacher, na your type we need for this country, God bless you more.
Thank you
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:51am On Nov 12, 2021
showafrica:

I tell you, at least this teacher knows what is practice. Most of the stupid so called science teachers don't know shittt. They just read the theory, copy and paste it in the class. If i settle myself financially well, i will like to go into teaching practical science, especially physics. I will open a research institute and employ the best brains i come across.
This is my drive. Practical based science teaching - Chemistry focus.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:53am On Nov 12, 2021
Silentmoni:
Welldone bro,My own chemistry teacher dat year nah cane be him symbol,e go flog d natural intelligence wey u get comot until u bcom dullard...most of these teacher's bring thier frustrations 2d classroom making learning seem like an insumountable hurdle which is nt suppose 2b so.
The mistake most science teachers do. Force and cohesion
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 4:53am On Nov 12, 2021
ISelectMySins:

Are you married, sir?
Part of the Chemistry topic?
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by laiza(m): 4:57am On Nov 12, 2021
Where do you reside at the moment and what I seek isn't really chemical engineering but your knowledge of basic chemistry.
Oduok:

Thank you a lot. I really look up to working with you on research projects at any time possible. I am Masters of Chemical Engineering Research Student.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:00am On Nov 12, 2021
Miracood2:
Mr Odouk

Sir
I need a favour from you. I'm a chemistry teacher (ss2 &ss1) I just got into the profession. But writing lesson plans has being an obstacle..

I don't know if your can assist me here.
Sure I can. At my CENTER I do not only assist Chemistry teachers to develop lesson notes, I also help with ways to make Chemistry teaching activity based. I guide teachers to create teaching aids from readily available materials around us. As a Chemical Engineer that I am I design and construct models of equipment and products that make teaching of Chemistry rewarding for the kids. My Whatsapp number is on my signature.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:03am On Nov 12, 2021
juniorstar:

Just mix acid plus base you get basically salt and water.
They do that too. It is more rewarding getting products from natural sources. It pays better than mixing imported acids and bases. We attempt to create our own acids, bases, and salts, in addition to using imported ones as control
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:06am On Nov 12, 2021
PapaNnamdi:
Even if you are Albert Einstein, don't in your life teach in a private school in Nigeria

These school owners are dubious and criminal minded
Never accept a teaching job that pays below 100k.
Check the schools financial records too. It is easy to run a private school in Nigeria.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:06am On Nov 12, 2021
SARSCoV2:
In November 2021!

Smh…
Yes. Better late and small than never
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:07am On Nov 12, 2021
drlateef:
Teachers like you are what Nigeria needs. They were the ones that made me an excellent science student and revived my future aspirations. Kudos to you.
Thank you a lot

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:09am On Nov 12, 2021
xeratech:

Who the fvck are you and why do you do such things??
Some of them are from there. They understand the water better than you and I. Adults assisted them
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:13am On Nov 12, 2021
laidima88:
Though I commend your effort o but as a chemist, evaporation to dryness shouldn't be what to celebrate in this century, heseinberg was a secondary school student when he discovered uncertainty principle likewise Dalton and others
Lolz ... Evaporation, Simple distillation etc are not even easy. In Chemical Engineering we study them as if our lives depend on them and they are ever evolving. So exposing kids to them is not a misnomer. Nothing advanced can be achieved without separation processes.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:14am On Nov 12, 2021
xeratech:

That salt is not safe for consumption unless it is purified. Unfortunately purification techniques is not taught in secondary schools. Only Chemistry major could perform such cool

Lalasticlala seun mynd44 should take down this misleading post fast.
They are guided by a Chemical Engineer - Masters in view.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:16am On Nov 12, 2021
Stronghold91:
start packaging for sale and begin to make money
Lolz ... after rigorous research for QUALITY and cost optimization have been concluded.
Re: My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt by Oduok(m): 5:20am On Nov 12, 2021
Remag666:
Those of you encouraging him it's like you people are drunk cheesy how can you tell me that black sand is salt...
Make una no vex me undecided for your info Op none of them would dare put that poison in their food including you grin
Lolz ... it's a beautiful salt dear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Methods Of Exam. Malpractice In Nigerian Higher Institutions. / Samuel Oye Bamidele: Students Expose Their Breasts To Tempt Me / English Gurus Pls What Is The Answer To This ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.