Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos (53861 Views)

Ijeoma Nwogwuwgwu Condemns Peter Obi, Others For Having Political Meeting Abroad / I Was Arrested For Having Twitter And VPN On My Phone In Ibadan - Tomiwa Oni / #RevolutionNow: Man Beaten & Dragged Into Police Van For Having Sharp Mouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by just2endowed: 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
POS at 3am, is the POS guy working with police?

Does bolt work at night?

didnt you read where he said they were stopped around 9pm.
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by hakym619(m): 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
bestman09:
sad
Nigerian police officers are Bloody thieves. They could even frame someone up as a robber because of less than N10000.

BTW, these are my own apps on my phone. God will not allow them to see me as I'm a legit trader. Crypto trading is not an illegal biz

You dey mine pi grin

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by MumuYorubaBoy: 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
In the East if you look at a Policeman for too long, he will discharge you fast.

Fear dey dem body.

What is killing the country is absence of fear. Get people to swear with Ogun, Amadioha, Kamalu and all the jujus in the country and see if anybody will touch a penny belonging to someone else. Nobody fears the Bible and Quran again.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Forgodsgrace: 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2021
Safemoon:
Every trader suppose get two phones,one for work that should permanently be at home and other for social life.because of police.

Lol!So it has gotten to this level ,so it means online trading is now illegal in Nigeria ?Unaneye go clear by force

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by somehow: 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
When you have nothing to fear, do not offer any bribe.

If you want to scare a police man, just tell him you have the right to remain silent and wouldn't answer any of their questions if they cant expressly state your offense.

Going forward, ask them you want to speak with your lawyer.

NB: Only do this if the environment is not isolated or hostile.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
Albert0011:
Na im be say if they catch me with my phone..my own don finish be that for billing grin
I get binance app,luno app,meta mask,trust wallet app,VPN and twitter.
Them go just kuku jail me nah grin

Use an app like Vault to hide the app icons.
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Forgodsgrace: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
ekenetheorg:
Very sad. What CBN banned was financial institutions trading on crypto. Using crypto for individuals isn't a crime. This is sad. Nigerian Police, illiterates in uniform

When they started this rubbish,we warned you guys but ,the gullible ones among you were hailing them tagging any youths doing well for themselves as fraudsters.For your information ,using such app on phone is now a crime and EFCC ,SFU ,POLICE and any other agency have the right to arrest anybody with the app on their phone.That’s Nigeria fir you now .

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Burgerlomo: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
Forgodsgrace:

Una good morning !No be Una dey hail EFCC for arresting young men tagging them fraudsters without proper investigation .
Everybody go Dey alright

Where did you see me hailing them for arresting innocent and hard working people?

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by JOemmy(m): 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
This is why I don't pity them when unknown gun men deal with them in the east lagos will soon be having their own UGM very soon.
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by treatise: 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
Most Nigerian policemen use their Android phones for music and whatsapp chats.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
Splitmind:
Cryptocurrency has been banned in Nigeria, anyone caught having cryptocurrency app on their phone is a criminal and should be arrested.

If they resist they should be killed.
how is it ban,is only bank transaction, beside have you know how many life crypto HV save,or do u want me to give u tips so u benefits,if u don't know how tinx work,u talk mk Dem show u way,no allow envy nd hatred put u fr depression

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by lamalang(m): 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
What even took them to his mobile phone? Nigeria police are disgrace to Africa

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by ipobarecriminals: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
sad Ajiwe,Elemoro,,ikota, are notorious for such lifestyle.I wish Prince still dey as DPO,I for personally send dis disturbing article to him.Baztardz
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by techWriter3: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nigeriansn officers force!Bandits in attire.
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Olayetan(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
POS at 3am, is the POS guy working with police?

Does bolt work at night?

I don't understand the POS at 3am, for the bolt, they were stopped around 9pm which means the app was still running by then.
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by JBoss25(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Sysdatek:
That's how they robbed on ikoyi

Of 400k

Police working late these days in lekki are mostly robbers
400k God Damn! Sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Realdeals(m): 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Police are succeeding because we have mentally weak and fearful citizens. If I'm to have been involved, they should go and cook their allegations, while I prepare my defense. We have NFIU, they should provide their evidence.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
grin just imagine me wey get almost 10 different cryptocurrency exchanges..with Atleast minimum of $5k in each.. anyway I no dey naija so let me stop imagining..

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by torqque7(m): 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
What type of rubbish reportage is this now?ok why are u telling us this exactly?u write half story no talk which station them carry u go or location of pos they used and u expect to be taken seriously?if u want justice then put the information needed to get these armed robbers bringing shame to the profession and country.
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Jwonder(m): 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
somehow:
When you have nothing to fear, do not offer any bribe.

If you want to scare a police man, just tell him you have the right to remain silent and wouldn't answer any of their questions if they cant expressly state your offense.

Going forward, ask them you want to speak with your lawyer.

NB: Only do this if the environment is not isolated or hostile.

I dislike people like you, always acting delusional. come to Lagos, you will see them on mufti looking like touts with ak47, so it's those kind of people you will tell you want to speak to your lawyer, you will receive better slap.
Just pray you don't encounter them, they will open threaten to shoot you and tag you as an armed robber.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Jwonder(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2021
torqque7:
What type of rubbish reportage is this now?ok why are u telling us this exactly?u write half story no talk which station them carry u go or location of pos they used and u expect to be taken seriously?if u want justice then put the information needed to get these armed robbers bringing shame to the profession and country.

Which information do you need, people that no longer put on the police uniform and move around in unmarked vehicles. (korope or sienna)

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Jwonder(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Olayetan:

I don't understand the POS at 3am, for the bolt, they were stopped around 9pm which means the app was still running by then.

bolt and uber run 24/7 on the island, even on the mainland i use uber when i want to go clubbing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by torqque7(m): 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2021
Jwonder:

Which information do you need, people that no longer put on the police uniform and move around in unmarked vehicles. (korope or sienna)

They were taken to a police station weren’t they?and asked to write statement,the station no get name or location ni?their hilux no get branding of name for the body?
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Olayetan(m): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2021
Jwonder:

bolt and uber run 24/7 on the island, even on the mainland i use uber when i want to go clubbing.

Really,
Like the apps run 24/7 on the island?

Are you sure of what you're saying.
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Adesina18111(m): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2021
I am one of their brutality victims here in Akure...it was around 9pm...they were in a commercial bus and not their regular pick up...two of them stopped me, and before I could say a word, one already pointed his gun at me telling me to give them my phone. I gave them my phone and they searched through it for over 20 minutes but they didn’t find anything on it...the one that pointed gun at me told me to cooperate with them if I don’t want to be wasted...what really scared me most, they were heavily drunk...so I had to cooperate to avoid story that touch for my family...they told me to follow them to their station at Anti Cultism station around FUTA North gate or I give them #5k for their fuel...I told them I’m a student and all I got in my account is just #3k...they took me to Chiken Rep ATM at Road block and withdrew #3k but they gave me #200 to take Bike go back to my hostel...Nigeria police is nothing but hardened Arm robber

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by rottennaija(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
bestman09:
sad
Nigerian police officers are Bloody thieves. They could even frame someone up as a robber because of less than N10000.

BTW, these are my own apps on my phone. God will not allow them to see me as I'm a legit trader. Crypto trading is not an illegal biz

Some of these apps may be malwares
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Jwonder(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2021
Olayetan:

Really,
Like the apps run 24/7 on the island?

Are you sure of what you're saying.

you obviously have never used uber, angry so you think the apps has closing time or what?
lol try and download the app and try searching for a ride at midnight.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Jwonder(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
torqque7:

They were taken to a police station weren’t they?and asked to write statement,the station no get name or location ni?their hilux no get branding of name for the body?

i pray you fall into the trap of this thieves one day.
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Prayfortheworld: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
bestman09:
sad

Please with other app can someone use P2P apart from binance
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Ernestforyou: 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
bestman09:
sad

Oboy delete those app on your phone now else sorry be your name.You people have been hailing the EFCC for illegally arresting young men At their various homes,hotels ,seized their properties and accused them of being fraudsters.
All these seized properties are being auction at a giveaway prices to their northern folks.
Most of you people are so naive and can’t see that the present government have already placed a war on southern youths while preparing their own children for the future.
A 21 year old Arewa boy bought GWagon for his 19 yr old girl friend,they said he is a business man but if a 40yr old man from the south did such they tagged him fraudster and you mumu southerners keep hailing them.Its well

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido: INEC Planning To Declare Osun Election Inconclusive / Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Emeka Nwajiuba Decamps To APC 24 Hours After Ministerial Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.