Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account (35606 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Klington: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2021
shocked
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by snoopz: 11:22am On Nov 10, 2021
Go to your bank and request for bank statement
If your atms dey with you, then someone has created an online banking application on your account behind you
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by SultanYoung: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
Good morning , I woke up this morning to another debit on my UBA bank account whereas my atm and everything is here with me. It's been the third or fourth debit I will be receiving in about a week and it happened always around 11pm -1am when I must have been sleeping.

I am seriously suspecting an old staff turned Yahoo boy but I don't have evidence and the narration always shows ikeja POS or something like that.

Please how do I get to know this culprit?
go to the bank and deactivate online banking and your atm card then apply for new one .
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by BruncleZuma: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2021
Are you bank? You no sabi call customer care or you no get transport to your bank?
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Sonnobax15(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

Haaaaa. But I don't owe any of them money . And is it possible I get my money back ?
Guy,close that account and move out of their modafvcking bank for your own sanity sake.

4 Likes

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Ladycewhy(f): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

Thank you boss. I will set to work immediately
You better dont be lazy and go the the bank.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by uncleck: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
Good morning , I woke up this morning to another debit on my UBA bank account whereas my atm and everything is here with me. It's been the third or fourth debit I will be receiving in about a week and it happened always around 11pm -1am when I must have been sleeping.

I am seriously suspecting an old staff turned Yahoo boy but I don't have evidence and the narration always shows ikeja POS or something like that.

Oga check your account balance first. UBA is in the habit of sending past transaction details; it's scary sometimes, but your balance will remain the same. If you're really debited, it could be some transactions you signed up for. Solution? Block your card and get another one. Simple.

4 Likes

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by shortgun(m): 11:27am On Nov 10, 2021
Any day I will receive unauthorized debit alert from any of the banks I have money in ehh...let me not talk sha
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by jditimiya(m): 11:27am On Nov 10, 2021
Just go and change your password and see the outcome.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Peridotushers18: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2021
Hello all please note that the bank is currently working to solve this issue kindly bear with us.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by UD101(m): 11:28am On Nov 10, 2021
samuel051:
Na those loan app people,change ur card
best thing to do, happened to me
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by just2endowed: 11:28am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

block your card
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by elganzar(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

First go and block your card
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by ceaser: 11:29am On Nov 10, 2021
Perhaps you once lost a Sim card that is attached to your account and now the number has been rẹ-assigned to a new subscriber.

In the event this happens, and the number still subsists as the one attached to your bank account, then the new user will be able to conduct some transactions using that mobile number.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Tunex252(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2021
Do just this two things from your phone 1. Freeze your account from online transactions 2. Block your card
UBA has this options on their USSD using *919# to access it
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by teacherbim(f): 11:30am On Nov 10, 2021
Scary,I pray this does not happen to me
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by sweerychick(f): 11:30am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

likely one of the loan apps because that's the time they usually do an auto debit from your account.. Like someone said change ur card details.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by generalwo(m): 11:31am On Nov 10, 2021
Your card is compromised...... Change the card..... If not, one day, your account will be wiped off
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Tunex252(m): 11:31am On Nov 10, 2021
Peridotushers18:
Hello all please note that the bank is currently working to solve this issue kindly bear with us.
like seriously
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by treatise: 11:32am On Nov 10, 2021
POS narrations could also be web or fintech transactions. In any case, your card was compromised at a point ; visit any of their branches or call their customer care channel(s) with a view to blocking the card. For investigative purposes, visit a branch and lodge a formal complaint. Good luck.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Onelandafrica: 11:32am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

why not block your card, then report to the bank to trace the transaction
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by olisaEze(m): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2021
I know nairaland has grown tremendously in recent times, but what makes u think ur Bank’s customer care service has an account here too? No rush go bank first, dey here dey complain till ur azza drain.grin
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Offpoint1: 11:34am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

Same happen to me this morning 3am, not only but to many people. Go their social media pages and see hundreds of similar complains...UBA is under attack and they are keeping quiet about it.
I've created a thread about this too
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Kingcalls: 11:34am On Nov 10, 2021
Myer:

Banks don't have resident auditor sir.

U are wrong cos I once worked in a bank

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Bishop(m): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

If you have subscribed to this loan app before then you should start suspecting them that's their area of specialty.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Typicool8(m): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2021
Was at Uba this morning and I met a queue and majority of them are having the same issues,something is wrong with Uba

2 Likes

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Elock1: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

don't be scared.. No one is stealing from you.. Their system is faulty I guess

Cause over the weekend alot of us had same issues... I went to the bank and they rectified some.. Pending others

It will take some time.

Trust me it happened to alot of us... The crowd with same issue on Monday was massive... Just talk to them on Facebook that's how I got mine corrected
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by tabaski: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2021
Myer:

Banks don't have resident auditor sir.
They have and are resident internal control officer (Rico) or general term AUDITOR

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Tayosteve(m): 11:36am On Nov 10, 2021
shortgun:
Any day I will receive unauthorized debit alert from any of the banks I have money in ehh...let me not talk sha

U no go do anything, grin
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Peridotushers18: 11:36am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

sure your money w be reversed apology for the inconvienece

Haaaaa. But I don't owe any of them money . And is it possible I get my money back ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! / I Am Richer Than Dangote – Ghanaian (Dwarf) Shortest Man Speaks / What Is An Opay Account Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.