Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,571 members, 7,816,404 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account (35615 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Babisha10(m): 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
No one is stealing from u I guess it's a technical error cos it happens to me nd my brother we were later refunded atimes they'll even send the debit alert without debiting ur money... Pls don't panic unless ur case is different.. though we also received same debit narration POS ikeja
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by samuel051: 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
Joysticks:
Which one be Patricia app?
it's an app for trading Bitcoin,giftcards and it still serves as mobile banking where if u save 10 naira,ur 10naira still remains intact without any unnecessary deductions.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by mgbedianya(m): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
Good morning , I woke up this morning to another debit on my UBA bank account whereas my atm and everything is here with me. It's been the third or fourth debit I will be receiving in about a week and it happened always around 11pm -1am when I must have been sleeping.

I am seriously suspecting an old staff turned Yahoo boy but I don't have evidence and the narration always shows ikeja POS or something like that.

Please how do I get to know this culprit?
Did you register in any online bet
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by ProudlyNGN: 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
I went to UBA this morning for a Dollar withdrawal in my Domiciliary account. I'm suprise to see more than 20 people in the customer service unit with same complain, their account were emptied for no reason. I don't know why is UBA and is like there is a data bridge among the bank staff's.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Efelefu: 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
Utanisco:
my aunt this morning needed some
money for offering in church and
also after church she can drop at
the market to buy food stuffs for
the beginning of the
week,unfortunately she ran into a
pilferer.
here is the whole story from her.
she said immediately she dropped
at the atm point,she was trying to
withdraw but she couldnt that
there was a young man age around
28 to 29 who actually was behind
her.seeing that she couldnt
withdraw,he ask my aunt to use
the other banks atm which was just
closed by since the place is a bank
layout.the person acting as a nice
guy walked my aunt to the other
banks atm.immediately my aunt
wanted to insert her atm to the
machine,the person hitted my
aunts hand and her atm card fell
off to the ground so the guy
quickly picked up the card for my
aunt,unwittingly to my aunt,the
guy had changed the card and by
this time he had left my aunt and
afterwards my aunt tried over
time,the machine keeps telling her
incorrect pin.my aunt got tired
and drove back so that she can
attend service.she didnt go to
church with her phone.after service
reaching home,she looked through
her phone and started screaming
that 191k has been debited from
her acct and this time through a
POS
it reads POS TRANS-PALMPAY/LA/
NG the amount and the date and
the acct balance
if you look through the debited
message,the transaction was done
in lag while this thing happened in
uyo,akwa ibom
ive told my aunty she should stop
crying that we are going to the
bank the next morning.
please can this money be recovered
back?
she is a pensioner and around age
Sorry mate, the money can't be reversed.

Best is to go to that bank and ask for the cctv of the atm she used with the young man, maybe you can get a picture of him and send to thee police for further investigation
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Herbsworks: 12:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
My N59,900 was deducted from my UBA last two weeks and it was resolved just yesterday after complaining and shouting at the bank. UBA is becoming useless these days

3 Likes

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Lovelyboi2022: 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
Same thing happened to me too on Sunday with my uba bank
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
samuel051:
it's an app for trading Bitcoin,giftcards and it still serves as mobile banking where if u save 10 naira,ur 10naira still remains intact without any unnecessary deductions.
All this scammers app.

2 Likes

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Seytex: 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
This also happened to me two months ago and I reported and filled a charge back form... same UBA, Fortunately, It was refunded five out of six fraudulent charges of #4421.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
mgbedianya:
Do you mean paystack or fluterwave can do such?There are some online betting company that doesn't have these two payments platform but you can enter your ATM card details directly.Msport is number one.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by samuel051: 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
Joysticks:
All this scammers app.
nah.. been using it for 3 years now,only glitch is that they sometimes credit you late.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
samuel051:
nah.. been using it for 3 years now,only glitch is that they sometimes credit you late.
Forget.Na 419 app created by you.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Spherical77(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
mgbedianya:
Does online bet deduct people's money like that?
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by justkebir(m): 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
lala no wan rest..... it will be reversed sha
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by samuel051: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
Joysticks:
Forget.Na 419 app created by you.
for u to say I created Patricia app that sponsored bbn two years ago shows how backward u are,can't u do small research sef..na wah o.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Bbqekpa: 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
recievesense:

They do cos i used to be one.

KO!
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by teacherbim(f): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
Lewisdinho:
Under ur mattrass grin
Not possible naa angry
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Charly68: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Instead for you to run to your bankers you are here consulting ...I beg go to your bank immediately and stop the thieves
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by shortgun(m): 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
Tayosteve:

U no go do anything, grin
Oga let no Bank try me oo, to suffer make legit money and lose it to one careless bank....the film will have season 1,2 and 3.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Slurity(m): 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
Good morning , I woke up this morning to another debit on my UBA bank account whereas my atm and everything is here with me. It's been the third or fourth debit I will be receiving in about a week and it happened always around 11pm -1am when I must have been sleeping.

I am seriously suspecting an old staff turned Yahoo boy but I don't have evidence and the narration always shows ikeja POS or something like that.

Go to the bank and change your card and pin, it'd it happen again. Just go and arrest your bank.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Utanisco(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
Efelefu:

Sorry mate, the money can't be reversed.

Best is to go to that bank and ask for the cctv of the atm she used with the young man, maybe you can get a picture of him and send to thee police for further investigation
bro thankyu
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by overlord77: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
Leemekzy:
Report to your bank. Block your ATM and get a new ATM card.

There is no such thing as "your ATM or ATM Cards". Those things are called debit or credit cards. Let's learn this people

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by adabaraabdul: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
Since the first time you noticed an illegal debit, you should have cancelled that card and request for a new one. But then quickly go to the bank and do that now.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Winnerly: 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
Herbsworks:
My N59,900 was deducted from my UBA last two weeks and it was resolved just yesterday after complaining and shouting at the bank. UBA is becoming useless these days

Sorry man. Send an email and copy the complaints division of CBN. It’s cpd@xxxx can’t remember. Its very effective

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by sync(f): 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
And you were already suspecting an old employee who you think is now a “ yahoo boy”. Don’t be too quick to judge
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by asuzor11(m): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
Block your ATM or deactivate the account
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by mygee33(m): 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
I think it's a network issue. Someone I know had same issue this money. Money debuted from account. But yet, was able to transfer same money out of his account.
Maybe like someone said, they send old debit alerts.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Ashirioluwa: 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
Open a new account or ask them to change your account number
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by mediclife1987(m): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

Loan companies are not the culprit this time around . UBA is the one having issues . I am now at one of their branches and I met serious right from customers having the same problem. Abi it's only UBA customers that's borrowing money from those apps ni?

Oh boy, make I quick run go my bank then oh...this kain matter no funny meen.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by hope4nigeria(m): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
Good morning , I woke up this morning to another debit on my UBA bank account whereas my atm and everything is here with me. It's been the third or fourth debit I will be receiving in about a week and it happened always around 11pm -1am when I must have been sleeping. No

Bros block your pin imidiately, go to Google and restrict your account first, then go to your bank and block your ATM, apply for new one. You must have compromised your details to these Hainas loans app
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by eldajoh(m): 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
Block the ATM card and ask for new one...
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by scovic33: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
It's an error from UBA, let your mind be at ease, they will reverse it on or before end of this month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is An Opay Account Number? / Chadians, Ghanaians, Others Storm Nigeria For Dollars-the Nation / GT Bank Appoints Miriam Olusanya As First Female Managing Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.