Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account (35608 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by alfajohn: 11:50am On Nov 10, 2021
This your story get has hi bi. So they are stealing from you and you keep quiet.
Till they zero your account.
I find this hard to believe
Tell it to the marines
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Iseddy: 11:50am On Nov 10, 2021
KingDash:
bros UBA are thives, they stole my 204k... that bank useless.
Bros how, give us full details of hw e happen. i do not believe any bank in nigeria would actually stole ur money without u compromising ur details. what i know they are all good at is unnecessary charges at times.

4 Likes

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by ayo84(m): 11:52am On Nov 10, 2021
nearly 4000 was removed from my ibtc and also my gtb and dorm account of some sort, i thought i was paranoid of some sort but i think it is a multiple scenario of various incidences, the banks take some very sms charges and take advantage of the fact that people do not check their accounts, then you have the extra dimensional aspect , have you ever experienced when time shifted or got manipulated and then maybe a double of yours attempted to make the transaction and when you get paranoid you think it was you who made the transaction, there there is false accounting by the banks in the apps, and then they send delayed sms and notifications, so you cannot track your payments, the bank's kind of launched a silent campaign against platforms like kuda and saving apps

3 Likes

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Ayula911: 11:52am On Nov 10, 2021
Maybe the debit na 20 naira like that cheesy tongue
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Bigpapi: 11:53am On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
Good morning , I woke up this morning to another debit on my UBA bank account whereas my atm and everything is here with me. It's been the third or fourth debit I will be receiving in about a week and it happened always around 11pm -1am when I must have been sleeping.

I am seriously suspecting an old staff turned Yahoo boy but I don't have evidence and the narration always shows ikeja POS or something like that.

Please how do I get to know this culprit?

Snap your atm front and back for me and your date of birth lemme confirm it for you
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by teacherbim(f): 11:54am On Nov 10, 2021
Lewisdinho:
Wahala for who still d put money for Bank account
Where do you expect us to put money, specially business men and women
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by mfm04622: 11:55am On Nov 10, 2021
Go and disable all your existing cards now. That is the first step.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Oizee(f): 11:56am On Nov 10, 2021
Wow, and my uncle is on his way to UBA too, he got debit alert around 1.am
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Iseddy: 11:58am On Nov 10, 2021
Westchester:
Brother the problem is Uba bank and not your card, I just got a new card and haven't used it to pay for any online stuff but I got a debit alert of 3k early morning today and I didn't do any transaction
did ur account balance reduced?
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by KingDash: 11:58am On Nov 10, 2021
Iseddy:

Bros how, give us full details of hw e happen. i do not believe any bank in nigeria would actually stole ur money without u compromising ur details. what i know they are all good at is unnecessary charges at times.
the issue have been verified tho, I only got like 195k, the remaining balance I didn't see...
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by KingDash: 11:59am On Nov 10, 2021
Bigpapi:

Snap your atm front and back for me and your date of birth lemme confirm it for you
lwkmd... you na mad man oh.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Oizee(f): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2021
alfajohn:
This your story get has hi bi. So they are stealing from you and you keep quiet.
Till they zero your account.
I find this hard to believe
Tell it to the marines
e be like say the guy dey reach o, they debited 10100 in the night from my Uncle's account and his atm was with him, d man dey road now they go UBA, that is if he's not already there sef.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by jimter44(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2021
Myer:

Banks don't have resident auditor sir.

UBA has CMO. Control Monitoring Officer.

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by KazikageSama: 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
Good morning , I woke up this morning to another debit on my UBA bank account whereas my atm and everything is here with me. It's been the third or fourth debit I will be receiving in about a week and it happened always around 11pm -1am when I must have been sleeping.

I am seriously suspecting an old staff turned Yahoo boy but I don't have evidence and the narration always shows ikeja POS or something like that.

Network issue causing debit? grin

I seriously doubt that. Most likely the bank is trying to cover something up.

It isn't the strangest thing
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Emmadgrt20(m): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
That is a general problem everywhere in Nigeria. Their IT department is having downtown.
The money will be reversed as soon as they sort the problem.

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by ayo84(m): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
ayo84:
nearly 4000 was removed from my ibtc and also my gtb and dorm account of some sort, i thought i was paranoid of some sort but i think it is a multiple scenario of various incidences, the banks take some very sms charges and take advantage of the fact that people do not check their accounts, then you have the extra dimensional aspect , have you ever experienced when time shifted or got manipulated and then maybe a double of yours attempted to make the transaction and when you get paranoid you think it was you who made the transaction, there there is false accounting by the banks in the apps, and then they send delayed sms and notifications, so you cannot track your payments, the bank's kind of launched a silent campaign against platforms like kuda and saving apps

the problem is when you notice the illegal charges and deductions and do not take immediate action , you would forget it and be lazy to report it , the banks deliberately did not allow a tracking system in their apps to track payments and expenditure
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by promiseland245(m): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
https://www.theencounter.com.ng/2021/11/mild-drama-as-customers-storm-uba-over.html?m=1

justified007:

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Lewisdinho(m): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
Under ur mattrass grin
teacherbim:

Where do you expect us to put money, specially business men and women

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Iseddy: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
KingDash:
the issue have been verified tho, I only got like 195k, the remaining balance I didn't see...
Alright. jst be careful not to compromise ur details or using ur card details on web
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Westchester(m): 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
Yes of course but the money was later refunded

Iseddy:

did ur account balance reduced?
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by KingDash: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iseddy:

Alright. jst be careful not to compromise ur details or using ur card details on web
thanx brother.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by frozen70(f): 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

He may have snapped your ATM card front and back and colon it
Simply go to your bank, block the card and get another one
Is best for you to pay 1000 to get another ATM card than to lose the remaining money in your account

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Iseddy: 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
KingDash:
thanx brother.
you welcome bro
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Iseddy: 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
frozen70:

He may have snapped your ATM card front and back and colon it
Simply go to your bank, block the card and get another one
Is best for you to pay 1000 to get another ATM card than to lose the remaining money in your account
no need for that, is a nation wide issue affecting a lot of UBA customers, i strongly believe his account balance is intact
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by dlordy100: 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

I just came back from Uba last week over this same act too kindly go to fb twitter and tag them loud
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Tims088: 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
I had similar issue with UBA this week, i chatted them up on Facebook, and i got my money back the next
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Raxxye(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

Nobody is doing it other than UBA itself.
When I saw the title, I knew it would be a UBA account bc it's happening so.much these days. My sister has been having debits like that. When she went to the bank, they promised they'll reverse everything by Thursday (tomorrow).
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Utanisco(m): 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
my aunt this morning needed some money for offering in church and also after church she can drop at the market to buy food stuffs for the beginning of the week,unfortunately she ran into a pilferer. here is the whole story from her. she said immediately she dropped at the atm point,she was trying to withdraw but she couldnt that there was a young man age around 28 to 29 who actually was behind her.seeing that she couldnt withdraw,he ask my aunt to use the other banks atm which was just closed by since the place is a bank layout.the person acting as a nice guy walked my aunt to the other banks atm.immediately my aunt wanted to insert her atm to the machine,the person hitted my aunts hand and her atm card fell off to the ground so the guy quickly picked up the card for my aunt,unwittingly to my aunt,the guy had changed the card and by this time he had left my aunt and afterwards my aunt tried over time,the machine keeps telling her incorrect pin.my aunt got tired and drove back so that she can attend service.she didnt go to church with her phone.after service reaching home,she looked through her phone and started screaming that 191k has been debited from her acct and this time through a POS it reads POS TRANS-PALMPAY/LA/ NG the amount and the date and the acct balance if you look through the debited message,the transaction was done in lag while this thing happened in uyo,akwa ibom ive told my aunty she should stop crying that we are going to the bank the next morning. please can this money be recovered back? she is a pensioner and around age 74
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Efelefu: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
teacherbim:
Scary,I pray this does happen to me
It surely will wink
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by samuel051: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
seborrhic:

Nigerians with cooking superfluous data from their a rses.Almost indeed.
u must need brain booster if u don't know d meaning of almost,go check d statistics of sokoloan app downloaded alone on playstore,not to talk of carbon,pay later and other loan apps on playstore and off playstore like migo,kwikash etc,u don't take doesn't mean others dont.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by frozen70(f): 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iseddy:

no need for that, is a nation wide issue affecting a lot of UBA customers, i strongly believe his account balance is intact

Is alright
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by shina11(m): 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
And it is possible the person is not even anywhere near me self and I don't know if it's possible to get my monies back through the UBA ?

UPDATE:

Thanks Nairalanders , I visited the bank and while I was still complaining to the manager I noticed an increase of 20k in the account without any alert which means they have reversed one of the transactions . Remaining 2 transactions totalling 31k to be reversed now . It's a network issue from the bank and I met lots of customers with the same complains .

congrats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am Richer Than Dangote – Ghanaian (Dwarf) Shortest Man Speaks / What Is An Opay Account Number? / Chadians, Ghanaians, Others Storm Nigeria For Dollars-the Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.