Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,550 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account (35618 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by mechanics(m): 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Report to your bank immediately, and you should stop withdrawing from POS terminals and online transaction, most of them are not safe.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Lekan239(m): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
Good morning , I woke up this morning to another debit on my UBA bank account whereas my atm and everything is here with me. It's been the third or fourth debit I will be receiving in about a week and it happened always around 11pm -1am when I must have been sleeping.

I am seriously suspecting an old staff turned Yahoo boy but I don't have evidence and the narration always shows ikeja POS or something like that.

Please how do I get to know this culprit?
a friend of mine was debited this midnight too, and it was same Ikeja, we called the uba customer care number and complain about the situation, surprisingly, the money was credited bank to his ACC just now
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by EUFX1: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
You dont have to know the culprit
Go to your branch of UBA
And complain... Possible raise hell there. They did same to my madam account ..my wife and daughter raised hell at the branch and within days UBA refunded the monies.. And blocked the account from more debits
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by gr8virus(m): 2:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:

Which bank
Uba bank
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
And it is possible the person is not even anywhere near me self and I don't know if it's possible to get my monies back through the UBA ?

UPDATE:

Thanks Nairalanders , I visited the bank and while I was still complaining to the manager I noticed an increase of 20k in the account without any alert which means they have reversed one of the transactions . Remaining 2 transactions totalling 31k to be reversed now . It's a network issue from the bank and I met lots of customers with the same complains .

My younger brother is facing same ordeal here in Benin city.He had to open an account with a different bank, and transfer the remaining money into it pending when they return the remaining ones hanging.Its a network error.

IF YOU KNOW WHATS BEST FOR YOU, DITCH THAT BANK AND MIGRATE TO A DIFFERENT BANK.

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Crowntop94: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
It's uba doing all that rubbish....such thing also happened to me and i went there to complain this morning also. My money has been returned to me.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by MzBertty(f): 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
Please call the customer call agents
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by membranus: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
recievesense:

They do cos i used to be one.

In UBA, only Cluster Control Officer when I was working there.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by justified007: 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iseddy:

no need for that, is a nation wide issue affecting a lot of UBA customers, i strongly believe his account balance is intact

My account balance is not intact bro. They refunded 20k out of the money remaining 31k . I have lots on my hand presently and was planning to go to the bank this week before it happened again and again.

Thank God they've block all the E-channels on the account and the ATM too.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by cabasaa03(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
me too , I received debit alert of 1500 on my card at 22:58pm and the Transaction details say LA LA, I do not know who is playing with my account. Thank God I was still awake then. I quickly transfer all my money from that account to avoid story that touch. Who is LA LA, UBA PLEASE dont make drama this time PLEASE because I have never recovered from the money debited from my wife account without any reasonable explanation form UBA.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by justified007: 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
cabasaa03:
me too , I received debit alert of 1500 on my card at 22:58pm and the Transaction details say LA LA, I do not know who is playing with my account. Thank God I was still awake then. I quickly transfer all my money from that account to avoid story that touch. Who is LA LA, UBA PLEASE dont make drama this time PLEASE because I have never recovered from the money debited from my wife account without any reasonable explanation form UBA.

Lalasticlala ni grin grin grin grin

I have gone to reactivate my Sterling bank account jare

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by odimbannamdi(m): 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
Chummynoni:
I am getting scarier about using banks.

I have a good Guess wristwatch that I wanna sell for half the price. I need dough to clear goods. Patronize me biko

I for help you o, but u no gree sell psp to me... embarassed
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Janella1(f): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
I have the same problem ooo, #4000 was deducted from my account this morning and Ikeja is the narration, I have not been to lagos before, I don't know where Ikeja is located.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by dyangprof(m): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Myer:

Banks don't have resident auditor sir.

Some do have sir

Though, mostly Microfinance banks
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by sammyjay7265(m): 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
adult attention .

recievesense:

Just walk into a branch and ask to see their Resident Auditor. Your matter will receive adult attention.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by jrobbins: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
Peridotushers18:
Hello all please note that the bank is currently working to solve this issue kindly bear with us.

Mine is 100,200

Make una resolve am quickly abeg
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Emaprince: 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
justified007:
Good morning , I woke up this morning to another debit on my bank account whereas my atm and everything is here with me. It's been the third or fourth debit I will be receiving in about a week and it happened always around 11pm -1am when I must have been sleeping.

I am seriously suspecting an old staff turned Yahoo boy but I don't have evidence and the narration always shows ikeja POS or something like that.

Please how do I get to know this culprit?
A friend showed me exactly a mysterious debit that said Ikeja POS also. I asked him to just go bank and disable his debit card so he can demand for a new one. This is Naija... some one might have his card details and stealing from him.

I advice you to do the same bro. Change that card first and see if it will happen again. Also you need yo go complain to your bank to see what they will tell you.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Benwallt(m): 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
I shook UBA today and got my money back. The antics is getting annoying. Imagine being debited at 12am while my atn is in my wallet. Out of like 12k I got 7k bak and work is on to get the rest.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by smasher1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
recievesense:

They do cos i used to be one.

They don't.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Guzx: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
How
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by KLand(m): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Go to your bank and report the transactions as unauthorized. They wil investigate and give you further info.

Also block your ATM because it's been compromised.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
AND YOU ARE STILL SEATING THERE TYPING IKEJA POS?
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Bahamas95(m): 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
Na to bury money for house sure pass now o..... No difference between Nigerian banks and Yahoo boys.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Myer(m): 7:02am On Nov 11, 2021
tabaski:
They have and are resident internal control officer (Rico) or general term AUDITOR

The problem is here is I generalised.
So allow me to reiterate.
Most banks do not have resident auditors.
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by millionboi(m): 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lewisdinho:
Wahala for who still d put money for Bank account
where do you put money?
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by Tottenham: 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2022
Re: Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account by samuel051: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
Tottenham:

You know most of these apps are being run by the same people, if you've given them your real contacts before on anther app before knowing about using of dummy contacts, can't they get your real contacts from their other apps?
yeah same app different agents, they try their best to remain anonymous for people not to know that they belong to same company.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is An Opay Account Number? / Chadians, Ghanaians, Others Storm Nigeria For Dollars-the Nation / GT Bank Appoints Miriam Olusanya As First Female Managing Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.