Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) (70169 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries Twin Sisters As They Can't Live Without Each Other(photos) / Blood Siblings Wins 10 Years Legal Battle To Marry Each Other (Photos) / 19-year-old Secondary School Students Wed Each Other (photos+video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 11, 2021
seunH:
It's true, please examine the picture between Pastor Adeboye and his wife, also look at the picture between Pastor Oyedepo and his wife, you'll see that the OP has a point. Although there is scientific reason to that, which I'll explain, our physiology lecturer once told us about a hypothesis called "Brain Compartmentization" whereby the brain arrange informations into different compartments. When people get married or are together for long, you as an individual tend to store those people (couples) in the same "compartment" in the brain for easy retrieval of any information surrounding them. After a long time due to constant storage and retrieval, there is tendency to associate/coalesce them together hence seem to look alike, which may actually be an illusion. Same can be seen between parent and children at times or the way we associate a particular smell to a particular event in the past. Please the above is an hypothesis subjected to further scientific ratification.
I hate it when Nigerians idol-worship their (pseudo) revered men of God by using them as a case study in every situation they have to make, or as a point of reference. Neither science or religion (spirituality as it may be) can or has proven that man and wife tend to resemble their selves after a duration of time or conditions may warrant. I don't mean insults here, just my candid opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by arizon101(m): 11:21am On Nov 11, 2021
ValCon888:
Contrary to what you think, it is not the man that changes to look like the woman. It is the woman that changes to look like the man. And the reason is simple:

The man is using his spérm to mold her according to his image.
Walahi u no well grin grin grin
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Virus99: 11:32am On Nov 11, 2021
ceede2:
South Africa with their vampire teeth

Aswear you no well

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 11:34am On Nov 11, 2021
FisifunKododada:
Superstitious bullcrap

It's not superstition. Truly when two people live together long enough, they start looking alike
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Alamkir: 11:44am On Nov 11, 2021
ValCon888:
Contrary to what you think, it is not the man that changes to look like the woman. It is the woman that changes to look like the man. And the reason is simple:

Sperm is just part of the process. According to ur theory all couples look alike because of the constant exchange of sperm, which is false because only few couples looked alike. There are other factors that contribute too. Deep love, shared common dreams, connection and many more. If u notice the couples that always look alike are the ones that are deeply in love, always together sharing many things in common. When these happens they will start exchanging blood through sex

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by stopthecycle: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
wearsandtrends1:
Is this a thing?

end time resemblance...
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
Blood don dey mix wella
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Joydan95: 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
When you've lived with each other for a long time , you'll being to look like each other
When you live together in peace o not just living together
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by seunH: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
doctoradekokolo:
I hate it when Nigerians idol-worship their (pseudo) revered men of God by using them as a case study in every situation they have to make, or as a point of reference. Neither science or religion (spirituality as it may be) can or has proven that man and wife tend to resemble their selves after a duration of time or conditions may warrant. I don't mean insults here, just my candid opinion.
As a scientist sir, we should not be blind to knowledge where ever we may find it even if it is the church. What I said is a scientific hypothesis that can be subjected to scrutiny. And holes can be picked and discussed, that's science for you. By the way I'm a Muslim sir
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
CSTRR:
If you are already looking like your boyfriend due to constant sexual intercourse, and he still did not marry you, wahala dey o.

grin grin cheesy
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by cayorday89(m): 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Must you insult him just to prove your fact?

Yoruba people
You corrected him by making same mistake, why generalize by putting Yoruba people, is the person a people, or the person being a Yoruba which you can't even confirm makes all Yoruba abusive.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by AkaraAndBread: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
SmellySperm:
The power of s*x. Constant banging

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Unie30: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
I concur with this one. People use to think that my wife is my sister.

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by BENEAMATA: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
You should see mr and mrs werner

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
seunH:
As a scientist sir, we should not be blind to knowledge where ever we may find it even if it is the church. What I said is a scientific hypothesis that can be subjected to scrutiny. And holes can be picked and discussed, that's science for you. By the way I'm a Muslim sir
I'm okay with that. I married someone that looks like my mum. Little wonder we look alike. My regards to your family and wife (if you're married)
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by lordsterlin(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
ValCon888:

Even Papa Buhari and Aisha now look alike

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Kayharry(m): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
According to the researchers' hypothesis, couples tend to begin looking alike because they typically “occupy the same environments, engage in the same activities, eat the same food, and mimic each other's emotional expressions,” all of which can influence facial features.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by saintade01(m): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
They still ask if we're not twins till today wink
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by saintade01(m): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Unie30:

You're not alone o
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by GodIsBiafran: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
CaptainFM1:

It's not superstition. Truly when two people live together long enough, they start looking alike

Check your brain for sawdust contamination.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Mosco100(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
[b][/b] It's possibly caused by a phenomenon related to Multiple Personality disorder. It's all in the brain; the less assertive partner will tend to look like the more assertive one.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by GodIsBiafran: 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
Unie30:

It is because they see you together all the time. So, they are used to seeing her face whenever they see you. Get it?
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Blackdisciple(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
Polynek:
Never seen such tin b4

Ahh seriously bro, me done see many oo walai and I couldn't even think how come ooo to be honest
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Polynek(m): 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
Blackdisciple:

Ahh seriously bro, me done see many oo walai and I couldn't even think how come ooo to be honest
grin grin grin
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Exczz: 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lol
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
The simple reason is because you are always in the same environment, exposed to the same electromagnetic rays, & eat similar stuffs...
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Hushpuppy20(m): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
This a pure fact if you don't believe ask your parents.everything should not be proofing by scientist before you believe.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Domistar5(f): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
ValCon888:

You are right. They might be other scintific facts about that.
But Sexually, a semen in rich in Carbohydrate(energy) while the sperm is rich in protein. So when this enters the woman body, hundreds of sperms remaing after race mixed up with the woman blood. I mean, the body breaks it down to the simplest state where amino acids pass through urine and the remaining give the woman nutrients. Recur that th e sperm contains genetics traits. So wife looking like th husband is inevitable.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by nerd004: 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
SmellySperm:
The power of s*x. Constant banging

Exactly
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Stanleyq: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
[quote author=Polynek post=107507474]Never seen such tin b4[/quote. Have seen 2 or 3, even my Elder bro and wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Meet Escobar Smith, a moving Bullion Van who doesn't use calculator when Spendi / Man Catches His Wife Cheating In Hotel, Disgraces & Batters Her Publicly (Video) / When You Ask Your Sugar Daddy For Sexy Pic ....(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.