Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) (70125 Views)

People Always Said I Resemble Kanye West. Picture Included / Blood Siblings Wins 10 Years Legal Battle To Marry Each Other (Photos) / 19-year-old Secondary School Students Wed Each Other (photos+video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by suffering: 8:43am On Nov 11, 2021
Hmm. Is it a coincidence that the pictured are Khoisans? I think not. Those people as well as Ethiopians look like they descended from a single ancestor. The only resemblance couples bear is getting fat from comfort in the relationship, nothing else.

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Gratefulheart2(f): 8:44am On Nov 11, 2021
ValCon888:
Contrary to what you think, it is not the man that changes to look like the woman. It is the woman that changes to look like the man. And the reason is simple:

The man is using his spérm to mold her according to his image.
haaa���
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by RockhouseCafe: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2021
FisifunKododada:

A person's face does not change because they live with another human being for years. This is superstitious nonsense. But you are too stupid to know it.

How were you raised?

Learn to engage without dehumanizing people. This is a fun topic. No space for such strong language. Haba

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 8:44am On Nov 11, 2021
FisifunKododada:

A person's face does not change because they live with another human being for years. This is superstitious nonsense. But you are too stupid to know it.

No need for the insults... Civility can't be that difficult!

While long-term couples don't exactly change appearances and looks to resemble each other (Actually laughable), it remains a perception from the point of view or perspective of outside observers. This is likely due to seeing them together all the time, leading to unconsciously and unknowingly super-imposing the mental image of one over the other.

This even happens among inmates locked up together for extended periods of time.

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Prechgold1180(m): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2021
Ok
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Xpol: 8:49am On Nov 11, 2021
ValCon888:
Contrary to what you think, it is not the man that changes to look like the woman. It is the woman that changes to look like the man. And the reason is simple:

this cracked me lol
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Testimony1988(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2021
Not all couples are couples, some are cohabiting and not legal couples, it's a good thing for couples to resemble each other due to the bonding that have existed amongst them for years.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Lambaman: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2021
Constant banging

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by greypencils: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2021
FisifunKododada:

During sex, there is the exchange of body fluids, the exchange of DNA, overtime, that continuous exclusive mixing of DNA will lead to some level of resemblance.

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by EgusiShankly: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2021
sisisioge:
Actually, they said we mostly get attracted to features that look familiar to us...features recognized in the mirrors and other familiar faces around. No wonder the most familiar faces are ours in the mirror or families around. No wonder, after a while, we start to mimick the expressions of the persons we spend so much time with. No wonder we start to look like them. Remember, we liked them in the first instance because of those familiar features grin

Smile for me grin
cheesy grin
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by DCONE1(m): 8:56am On Nov 11, 2021
TalkTalkTwins:
Hand the mic over to Righteousness grin
think for yourself leave Righteousness alone
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:57am On Nov 11, 2021
FisifunKododada:

The thing na true oh. Na the woman dey end up looking like the Man.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by pepetua(m): 8:57am On Nov 11, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Must you insult him just to prove your fact?

Yoruba people
Yes " insulting in the name of proving his point is a sign of bad upbringing which resulted to attitude problem on individuals but it's not a yoruba issue so if he likes he can update his attitude to be able to relate well.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by CAPTIVATOR: 8:58am On Nov 11, 2021
drlateef:
Transfer of DNA to the woman after many sexual intercourse has been used to scientifically explain the changes noticed in women. It is the woman that assumes the facial appearance of the man, not the other way round.

If this is true, wahala for who marry woman that has spend years in a relationship having sex with another man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2021
When them Don furk and piss DNA tire into each other why won't they resemble?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by IGoComotYaTeeth: 9:02am On Nov 11, 2021
alignacademy:

LOL

What I find funny is the confidence with which you are stating this hypothesis.

Have you confirmed this with any scientific experiments?
even obi cubana looks like his wife
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2021
ValCon888:

Wahala for who dey take NLanders too serious.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by IGoComotYaTeeth: 9:02am On Nov 11, 2021
Prechgold1180:
omo I nur see pictures nah only videos
Wey I screenshot d video
you no dey look like ur babe jare
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by DissTroy(m): 9:03am On Nov 11, 2021
sisisioge:
Actually, they said we mostly get attracted to features that look familiar to us...features recognized in the mirrors and other familiar faces around. No wonder the most familiar faces are ours in the mirror or families around. No wonder, after a while, we start to mimick the expressions of the persons we spend so much time with. No wonder we start to look like them. Remember, we liked them in the first instance because of those familiar features grin

Smile for me grin

Or you both slightly look like each other to begin with. Similar skin tone, eyes, lips and mimick each other's facial expressions.

And the part about completing each other's sentences, expressions and slight telepathy (where you just look at each other to communicate or know the other person is in discomfort) is very true if you've bonded deeply.

1 Like

Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Nilon: 9:06am On Nov 11, 2021
sisisioge:

Smile for me grin
i want to fùck you
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by stella9(f): 9:07am On Nov 11, 2021
It is true,hv seen such situations
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by legba1(m): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2021
Is that why the OP packed south African pix full the tread, u can't use olu Jacob and wife or you don't think they are a gud example if what your tread is about...
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by pepemendy(m): 9:18am On Nov 11, 2021
ceede2:
South Africa with their vampire teeth
their xenophobia arss looks desame to me grin
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by kurlz(f): 9:19am On Nov 11, 2021
seunH:
It's true, please examine the picture between Pastor Adeboye and his wife, also look at the picture between Pastor Oyedepo and his wife, you'll see that the OP has a point. Although there is scientific reason to that, which I'll explain, our physiology lecturer once told us about a hypothesis called "Brain Compartmentization" whereby the brain arrange informations into different compartments. When people get married or are together for long, you as an individual tend to store those people (couples) in the same "compartment" in the brain for easy retrieval of any information surrounding them. After a long time due to constant storage and retrieval, there is tendency to associate/coalesce them together hence seem to look alike, which may actually be an illusion. Same can be seen between parent and children at times or the way we associate a particular smell to a particular event in the past. Please the above is an hypothesis subjected to further scientific ratification.

Better as a mere hypothesis. Because I don't accept it. Those couples up there are young mehn!!! And it's the racial resemblance we are talking about here.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 11, 2021
jimtemi1:
when there is love, that when resemblance come, resemblance doesn't come when evil n good are together

Absolutely right. Only happens when there's love, loyalty and openness between the couple.
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by nokspos: 9:20am On Nov 11, 2021
you are asking the wrong question, yes "yoruba people" is an entire generation. pride is when you know you are wrong but find it hard to accept. you just insulted the entire yoruba people while trying to correct him for insulting just one person.
Juliusmomoh:

Oga nokspos..
Is yoruba a generation?..
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Zanotty(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2021
ValCon888:

Kai see wisdom recommend ur dealer asap
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by Odunharry(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
It is actually a thing. People always think my wife is my sister until I tell them she's my wife.
We've been together for 8 years (dating and marriage) and we do the same things so I think it's down to the fact that we use the same soap and cream. I may be wrong.
Omo una look alike oo
Re: When Couples Start To Resemble Each Other (Photos) by larrybabanla(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2021
FisifunKododada:

ur stupidity is obvious,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boyfriend Sends Money And Food To Girlfriend In Her Office (Photos) / The Pre Wedding Picture That Got Everyone Talking / 12 Things Couples Still Won’t Do In Front Of Each Other (even Afta Years 2geda)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.