Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Why Did You Marry In The First Place. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did You Marry In The First Place. (22877 Views)

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by irunoko(m): 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Is there really a right or wrong motive/ reason as far as the union is concerned? undecided

So long as two people agree to said contract, whose business is it what there motive as a couple is? Is no crime is committed and they don't pose a nuisance to society, which one be your concern, @OP? undecided
yes.theres a right or wrong reasons.theres always motives and reasons for our actions and inactions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
franchasng:
Most Nigerian guys marry for procreation (bearing kids), having a homekeeper, some marry for relocation (visa/PR), financial support (they target mostly working class ladies, other qualities of the lady don't matter to them, just have a good job he's ready to wed u lol).

Some marry for political gains (example Indimi son that married Buhari daughter). This is more rampant among Northern guys born into rich families.

Some marry to appease their parents and to reduce family pressure.

But most broke uneducated Nigerian guys marry for sex lol
lol. U get sense
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by toujurs: 3:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
rita25:
i wish i had married for money cos i thought i was in love but na scam i have seen shege walahi embarassed
You be mumu, Are you allergic to making your own money

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by tunde705(m): 3:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
Chuky7:
My fellow what drove you to go into the union of two is one. many reasons I can guess. some pressure. most pregnancy fear of wedlock. or was it true love or love of money the need for a financial umbrella over your head.

So what was your motive or drive.
True love. I love that woman die!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by rita25(f): 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
i have kids money is not the issue,its the way he was raised to see women as 2nd class citizens.for walfare of his kids omo na lie oh he cant care less.
franchasng:
Are you sure you are his legal wife?

From what you first wrote, seems he doesn't have enough cash to go round.

Get belle, once you born, his monetary attitude would change cos every Nigerian man don't joke with the welfare of their children

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by rita25(f): 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
am not poor trust me..but if i had married out of greed it would have been more fulfilling at least cry in a g wagon .
toujurs:
You be mumu, Are you allergic to making your own money

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
franchasng:
Lol, why did you ask? cheesy
lol just asking,just asking sha.
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by franchasng: 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
lol just asking,just asking sha.
i wouldnt know na, Nairaland has become very popular that many Nigerians visit it lol

I no kill anybody na grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Randgist: 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Incandescent:

Bla bla bla.

You know all this and yet you are still not married

You are right but what if.

After getting all the wealth then marry and at some point you lose all wealth?
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Joyblinksma: 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Amuluonyenaego:
She has all I wanted in a woman

Wow
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by franchasng: 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
rita25:
i have kids money is not the issue,its the way he was raised to see women as 2nd class citizens.for walfare of his kids omo na lie oh he cant care less.
it is well.

You ought to have seen the sign during courtship cry
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by TheOnlyUyai(f): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
franchasng:
Most Nigerian guys marry for procreation (bearing kids), having a homekeeper, some marry for relocation (visa/PR), financial support (they target mostly working class ladies, other qualities of the lady don't matter to them, just have a good job he's ready to wed u lol).

Some marry for political gains (example Indimi son that married Buhari daughter). This is more rampant among Northern guys born into rich families.

Some marry to appease their parents and to reduce family pressure.

But most broke uneducated Nigerian guys marry for sex lol

What did you marry for? Let's hear from you. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Ademola121(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
Because God said we should marry and I chose the person I saw and we’ve been going through life together �� . I like her ��

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by TheOnlyUyai(f): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
I don't know if it's just me. But, love is the last thing I will marry for. Love comes 4th on my checklist. I mean, it's wavering anyway, so why marry for something that is just short-lived and prone to change?

8 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
My wife is my life if God permit me to come back this life, she is the one I will go for, we do fight but not as much

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by advanceDNA: 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Roddyricch1:

Lmao
What is wrong with you people on this forum? ��

Can’t u identify Cruise when you see it
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Youngthug69(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
Chuky7:
My fellow what drove you to go into the union of two is one. many reasons I can guess. some pressure. most pregnancy fear of wedlock. or was it true love or love of money the need for a financial umbrella over your head.

So what was your motive or drive.

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Incandescent(m): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
Randgist:

You are right but what if.

After getting all the wealth then marry and at some point you lose all wealth?

If you go into marraige with this nairaland/Twitter myopic mentality of yours, you'd have serious issues.

The nonsense I read here about simp this and simp that are from immature minds

Ask responsible men around you offline to talk to you about marriage and it'd be better of for you my brother.

Take this advice seriously.

A lot of men are suffering because they fed their minds with loads of crap from the internet

Go to the one who instituted marriage and learn from Him.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by SmartGadgetz: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
Even you that konji is attached to your Monika is typing shit,embrace the bitter truth and accept the fact that all men marry most because of free access to sex and kids as the case may be.

You will never know because you are not a man.
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Kirkman: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
Noshitboi:
I married because i wanted to feel like what it is to be married and now I want to divorce because I want to understand what divorce is like cool

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by rita25(f): 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
i did but thought prayers and been a good woman will help but hian ko werk!!!!!!!!!!! i will raise my kids to go for worth before heart o. see how regina daniels mama dey flex? and the girl too is happy in wealth.
franchasng:
it is well.

You ought to have seen the sign during courtship cry

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Kirkman: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
rita25:
HE IS NOT AN NFA , JUST A VERY SELFCENTERD PERSON WHO PUTS EVERYONE FIRST BEFORE ME.AND HAS REFUSED TO ACCEPT THE DIFFERENCE BTWN NUCLEAR AND EXTENDED FAMILY
Ah! Na wahala you enter so madam.
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by tradepunter: 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
I don't know

Because am not married yet,
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by YourFavorite21(m): 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
Am not yet married, but I go marry her because of nyash cheesy
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Ashirioluwa: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
Because I love toto
Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
One thing I'm very afraid of ..

If you marry the wrong person cheesy

Better be single for life than a troubled marriage

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by rita25(f): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
big time ONE CHANCE but i have learnt to live with my life choice cry
Kirkman:

Ah! Na wahala you enter so madam.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by JohnieWalker12(m): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
BuddhaPalm:

What's her number?

Holy Ghost fire

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Gentlebabs(m): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
I married my Bewaji because she is the rythym of my heart...

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by jaxxy(m): 4:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Klass99:

What was the test?

Lol, sorry o!

U don’t get a promotion without a test. It applies to everything and stage in life.

Pass the test move to the next level. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Marry In The First Place. by Kirkman: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
rita25:
big time ONE CHANCE but i have learnt to live with my life choice cry
You don't learn to live with it but rather learn to enforce changes that will stand the tests of time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

70% Of Failed Marriages In Nigeria Come From Girls That Bleach - Philanthropist / My Funny Experience Today December 25th / Different Kinds Of Nigerian/African Fathers And Their Characters (Meme)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.