Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You (11932 Views)

What Did You Do To Receive The Worst Beating Your Parents Ever Gave You? / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by mukthar2000(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Apologize to me through additional food
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by tradepunter: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nope
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by femi4: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
TripleAkutigi:

Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You?
It's a sin in Africa grin
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Rukabuky(f): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yeah especially my mum may God Almighty grant my parents long life and prosperity

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by femi4: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
mukthar2000:
Apologize to me through additional food
How about verbally
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Jefferyhi86(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Still ever loving the parents from the 80s,they are simply the best, my papa na advice e go take apologize to you n then after give you small pocket moni.. Rest in peace daddy felix

5 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
TripleAkutigi:

Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You?
Yes. I remembered the day he slapped me. That was in 2015, i was rooting for buhari, even arguing with him that buhari will win that gej was a disaster. The old man was making me see reasons why buhari will be the biggest mistake but i was not ready to listen and he slapped me and apologized immediately

4 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by HEAVEN4444: 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
yeah them apologise to me with slap
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by kumulus(m): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
irunoko:
grin

African parents apologize by buying you gifts and suddenly acting nice (just for a few days or hours o) depending on the type of parent.

That's not an apology, it's manipulation.

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by AZControversial(m): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Only when there's no atom of RIGHT in their wrong.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by DKustodian(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
Sadly, we have now accepted this not apologizing even when wrong by fathers as the norm. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt by saying they probably didn't know better. They could only do as their fathers before them did and they learned from those ones, breeding a whole generation of maladjusted fathers who felt masculinity was best demonstrated by not admitting when you're wrong and always insisting on being right even dead wrong and always trying to justify and twist the narrative to favour them. This has led to our generation being ok with being in abusive relationships, being overly subservient, lacking assertiveness and being unable to stand up for what is right. Some of us even repeat the same pattern of never apologizing when we offend people. That's why we have a maladjusted society that looks to God to solve problems that they can even when they have the tools to solve those problems personally. After all, it's never their fault but someone else's. Believe me, all join.

6 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Elidrisy20: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
For what reason?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Elidrisy20: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
Correct bebes dey this forum, I swear
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Watinhapen(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
There was a situation that occurred between me and my mom. My mom is someone that never agree that she’s wrong even when she’s wrong.

To cut the long story short, after I almost left home for her, she called me inside the room and started apologising and crying. She almost knelt down for me, I had to quickly carry her up. I was surprised and emotional that day.

8 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Frankcallys(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yes, they have apologized profusely with double slap and that kind of knock on the head whereby they knock, hold and draw line from one side of the ear to the other

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Llyodsjids(m): 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
African parents don't apologise grin grin
Except mom at times, but the old man
It's a no no bruh
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by ogemore(f): 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
No
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Ademidd: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
One of the reasons I love my mum. She always tender a hearty apology to us whenever she wrongs us. I love you so much my mum❤️
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Candidlady: 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
My mum has but you see that other one...¤make ijust end am there¤
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by IGoComotYaTeeth: 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
Never have and probably never will

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Openyamind111(m): 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
Don’t wait for your parents to apologize before you forgive them.. because without them you wouldn’t taste life.. irrespective of whatever they do to you, once you notice they’ve realized that they’re wrong please.. forgive them without hesitation. Some of us don’t have either of them anymore and we are grateful for those moments when it seems like they hated us but later found out that those moments are for self betterment..

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by revived: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yeah my dad

Infact both of them

Love you mama and papa smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by okpanachil: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Wow, this makes me appreciate my parents even more. Both of them did whenever they were wrong although they were very strict. My dad would even apologise to a flower if he mistakenly used his matchet to cut it maybe while weeding. Guess it is why tendering an apology is not a big deal to me.

Popsy and Mumsy,may God rest your souls. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by neonly: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
U guys dey make me jealous with dis mumsy talk lost mine when I was a baby Nobody ever apologies to me so it strange with you guys saying things about apology

8 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by whippersnapper(m): 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
My mom hates it when we quarrel and me i'll do like one month without talking or greeting, she go call me ask me wetin she do me beg me. But my dad e be like say na when we quarrel the beating dey increase pass. Small thing na blow

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
BabaIbo:
Yes, followed by a serious round of slap.

My mom: Eh o, nwam ndo, ebezi na akwa inugo?
Oya biakete bia were biscuit.

Me: Going closer to her for the biscuit while sobbing with my innocent mind.

My mom: Tawai! Tawai! Tawai!!!
That was the day I stopped trusting anybody o.

isi adiro gi nma grin grin grin grin grin
my belle ooo......no kill me with laff grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by BabaIbo: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
OFAIKGROUPS:

isi adiro gi nma grin grin grin grin grin
my belle ooo......no kill me with laff grin grin grin grin

Na African mother way for you. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
TripleAkutigi:
Amen, sorry for your lost.

Thank you.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by snoopz: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
my sweet mum apologized for my dad's sin.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by ponmbe(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
So it was back in 2004 or so...my mum beat me and told me to be on my knees for an issue she misinterpreted. Later that evening when my dad and siblings analyzed the issue and told my mum she was wrong, she just said ehn, one must be vigilant especially when it comes to a male child . She gave me additional meat with my food.....I rejected the meat anyway and said I wanted an apology instead. Heaven almost came down, she told me she's training me the right way and if I don't take time, she would start the beating all over again. She said, In fact, she doesn't want to see any of those evil or satanic friends around me again.

15 years later, she called out of the blues to apologize....lol , I feign Ignorance but she explained the event all over again. she said she was sorry and she thought it was the only method that could work because boys are generally stubborn(In her words, ma binu oko mi, bo shey ye mi nigbayen niyen)......she said since that day, she hasn't seen a single friend(both male and female) with me, She doesn't even know who she could call in case my number isnt reachable and all that.

6 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by adelaja70(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
The only time was when i threatened to burn down the house over an issue... But all na shakara, Lmao!
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Onelove508: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mama would just do a few nice things and hailing to show remorse.

Papa would rather die than show remorse or apologize.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Am I So Unemotional? / Nuclear Vs Extended Family / Why Do We Refuse To Help People Financially?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.