Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You (11930 Views)

What Did You Do To Receive The Worst Beating Your Parents Ever Gave You? / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by chukwumzurum(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yes... Definitely since I was little.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by galaxy2020(m): 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
For wetin? They are always right and we believed so, until we were adults.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Anndrew(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
ANDREW91:

Yes. I remembered the day he slapped me. That was in 2015, i was rooting for buhari, even arguing with him that buhari will win that gej was a disaster. The old man was making me see reasons why buhari will be the biggest mistake but i was not ready to listen and he slapped me and apologized immediately
him suppose double the slap wella..

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by WoundedLamb: 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Several times. My mum abuses apology and sometimes even blames herself for things that are clearly my fault. My dad's typical line of apology starts with a 'maybe'. He'd be like "maybe I shouldn't have raised my voice, okay. The thing is...". I don’t let him get to the 'I'm sorry' part though. I usually cut him short and move on to other things. He knows that translates to 'apology accepted'.

5 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Arabaincubus: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
DKustodian:
Sadly, we have now accepted this not apologizing even when wrong by fathers as the norm. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt by saying they probably didn't know better. They could only do as their fathers before them did and they learned from those ones, breeding a whole generation of maladjusted fathers who felt masculinity was best demonstrated by not admitting when you're wrong and always insisting on being right even dead wrong and always trying to justify and twist the narrative to favour them. This has led to our generation being ok with being in abusive relationships, being overly subservient, lacking assertiveness and being unable to stand up for what is right. Some of us even repeat the same pattern of never apologizing when we offend people. That's why we have a maladjusted society that looks to God to solve problems that they can even when they have the tools to solve those problems personally. After all, it's never their fault but someone else's. Believe me, all join.

The real strength of character lies in admitting your mistakes and apologizing. That's the Hallmark of a man. It is also the Hallmark of a chivalrous knight.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by SirJerrie(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yess...
I can remember vivid why cos it was the first and only time...
This happened when I was 14.. mommy dished-out food for me, my younger brother, and my uncles on different plates.
Absentmindedly she put 2 meats for my elder brother and left my uncles food without meat.
When momcy wanted to serve uncle food 2 an hour later, she discovered there was no meat in his food.
She asked me if I took his meat. I laffed, thinking she was asking me the question as a joke. That day she almost broke my hands with cane...she flogged me merciless without even listening to me.
When she was explaining to my dad what she thought I did, my younger brother came back from wherever he went to after eating and he overhead their conversation. He then told momcy that she actually gave him 2 meats.

Mummy couldn't even look me in the face to say she was sorry.. she felt really bad for what she did. She would have cried if she tried to.
Twas my dad that apologized.

8 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by 1Sharon(f): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
Never!!
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yes both especially when their wrong makes me cry sometimes because I for done vex cut everybody off and then they will just say I’m sorry it humbles me honestly at that age person for claim elder do nonsense collect nonsense
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Gibman: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
An average african parents go apologize to their pikin with action not with words wink wink wink
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by lkillbrokehoes: 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
My dad ego won't let him, but my beautiful mom, yeah!

she will apologize and cook my favorite meal, that's why i don't play with her.
grin
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Tallesty1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mom apologizes when she's wrong. Not just by giving you things or saying sorry, she will call you in, tell you things to make you understand why she did what she did and then apologize...

But my P. Man? Odiegwu

It rarely happens. I remember when I was thoroughly beaten by him for something that I didn't do, so later in the night when he discovered the truth, he gave me chicken head.

7 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Btruth: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yes....but once in 10 or 15 years.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Aadeniyi092: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
My Dad, never ever throughout his lifetime.
Even on his sick bed.

But, my Dad had the purest heart, generous to fault and very supportive.

He was never afraid of telling anybody the true no matter your level, so, cheats do not go near him.

I love him like mad though and sometimes see him in my dreams. He was an upright man.

As for Mum, this is lyrics when I'm agree with her:

Mabinu simi, elepo ki'binu si alata, alata ki'binu si elere'e. Ololufe mabinu simi, Ayinla mabinu, okomi, mioni oke mi leyin orun.

Ara isokun, omo Oba loyo ile {even though I'm from Osogbo ooo}, omo abari ti'epo ti'iyo.

What a lovely mother she was and still, the best ever till tomorrow.

Thank God, I'd built for her, sponsored her to Hajj and placed her on a fantastic salary for life.

She no go die till 100 by His grace, but, na me go bury her las Las bisniLLAH.

4 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by razzydoo(m): 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
Wetin you wan use am do? grin tongue
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by pocohantas(f): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
Tallesty1:
Mom apologizes when she's wrong. Not just by giving you things or saying sorry, she will call you in, tell you things to make you understand why she did what she did and then apologize...

But my P. Man? Odiegwu

It rarely happens. I remember when I was thoroughly beaten by him for something that I didn't do, so later in the night when he discovered the truth, he gave me chicken head.

Keep quiet, you did it. The fact that he gave you chicken head gives credence to this. What happened to the drumstick? undecided
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by purplekayc(m): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
We're in Africa.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by AyelalaOo(m): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
Only my mom, most times self she will ask you, have you eaten just to appease you.
But father, no, never.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by irunoko(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
kumulus:

That's not an apology, it's manipulation.
well that's were a lot of Naija men learnt their manipulative and gaslighting skills from
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by tomsik: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
No. they are always right, Africa parents
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Athemisia: 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
TripleAkutigi:

Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You?
Yes, especially with a gift of my choice.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Muwq: 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Never will
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Tallesty1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Keep quiet, you did it. The fact that he gave you chicken head gives credence to this. What happened to the drumstick? undecided
Really? You think my father will give me the god status if I did it?. Abi you no know say chicken head is meant for the gods?

Sweetling, I was a well behaved child and now a responsible old man.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by shantti(m): 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
BabaIbo:
Yes, followed by a serious round of slap.

My mom: Eh o, nwam ndo, ebezi na akwa inugo?
Oya biakete bia were biscuit.

Me: Going closer to her for the biscuit while sobbing with my innocent mind.

My mom: Tawai! Tawai! Tawai!!!
That was the day I stopped trusting anybody o.

Chineke nna grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by shantti(m): 4:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Several times. My mum abuses apology and sometimes even blames herself for things that are clearly my fault. My dad's typical line of apology starts with a 'maybe'. He'd be like "maybe I shouldn't have raised my voice, okay. The thing is...". I don’t let him get to the 'I'm sorry' part though. I usually cut him short and move on to other things. He knows that translates to 'apology accepted'.

Ur really mature, God will give u good kids

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by lastchild: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
my mother did always, my father never
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by HADI854: 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
TripleAkutigi:

E no dey happen for this kind country oo
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Haryhomyidhey(f): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
TripleAkutigi:

Yeah, so many times. They offend me a lot and they apologize to me a lot. But sometimes my DAD can be very impossible.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by cayorday89(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
For me, true apologies is when you stop doing what brought about the apologies in the first place and this applies not just to parents but every other persons out there. You can't continue doing what makes me feel bad and each time come to apologise like it will take away the feelings.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by seeniorboy(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Aadeniyi092:
My Dad, never ever throughout his lifetime.
Even on his sick bed.

But, my Dad had the purest heart, generous to fault and very supportive.

He was never afraid of telling anybody the true no matter your level, so, cheats do not go near him.

I love him like mad though and sometimes see him in my dreams. He was an upright man.

As for Mum, this is lyrics when I'm agree with her:

Mabinu simi, elepo ki'binu si alata, alata ki'binu si elere'e. Ololufe mabinu simi, Ayinla mabinu, okomi, mioni oke mi leyin orun.

Ara isokun, omo Oba loyo ile {even though I'm from Osogbo ooo}, omo abari ti'epo ti'iyo.

What a lovely mother she was and still, the best ever till tomorrow.

Thank God, I'd built for her, sponsored her to Hajj and placed her on a fantastic salary for life.

She no go die till 100 by His grace, but, na me go bury her las Las bisniLLAH.

Aaaammmmeeeeennnn
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
My mum apologizes to me and my siblings severally after she recovered from a long term health issue
1=> Me dropping out of school due to her unable to pay the school fees
2=> For not retiring as a top Civil servant with big gratuity
3=> Unable to sponsor our wedding because she is not a rich pensioner
4=> For now owning property or land as an inheritance for us, unlike her own mother and grandma

Looking at all these issues, non is her fault. But I do understand she really wants to take responsibility for raising her children. Thank God today we the children are doing fine. The production company in my signature below is a result of our hard work.

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Onnasucs1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yes they have

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Am I So Unemotional? / Nuclear Vs Extended Family / Why Do We Refuse To Help People Financially?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.