Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You (11934 Views)

What Did You Do To Receive The Worst Beating Your Parents Ever Gave You? / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by creepsyme(f): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mariangeles:
Only mums can apologize.
Dads will only give you what resembles an apology. Take it or take it. cheesy
My dad was always quick to apologize whenever he is wrong.
He will be like, my daughter don't feel offended pls be happy.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by darichlife: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
The first mirrow of a child is the family he comes from, i can understand why parents hardly apologise
1. They never got or learnt when they need to apologise frm their own parents.
2. You are a dependant who must always be obedient even when you are right.
This mindset is evident in our relationshp btwin the Senior and Junior in almost all spheres of our lives.
Just imagine a society where people believe a Junior should not confront elders even when it all seems right to do so.
For the record mothers apologise because they know its the right thing to do. Fathers wil not because it would be seen as weakness.
LOVE...

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by katunboy: 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
Was just thinking about this yesterday and ight, and I said to ma sef.. with the way my parents never apologized to me, will I be able to apologize to my children.
Considering that i might not k ow how it's been done.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Mopolchi: 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
grin grin
ANDREW91:

Yes. I remembered the day he slapped me. That was in 2015, i was rooting for buhari, even arguing with him that buhari will win that gej was a disaster. The old man was making me see reasons why buhari will be the biggest mistake but i was not ready to listen and he slapped me and apologized immediately
You can see that what an adult saw sitting down, a child even he or she climbs a mountain will not see it.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by CollinsVal(m): 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Whenever she wants to apologize, she will buy me gift
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Zion243(m): 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
My beloved mother!! Yes she did that times without number.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by pegix(m): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
I dont have a dad
But my mom , yes she does
Just tell her how u feel.....pele oko mi mabinu

We move
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Blackicegold(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
This is like op asking HAVE YOU BEEN TO HEAVEN BEFORE ?
E never happen
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by bummyla(m): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
My Mum doesnt even say "Thank You" Talkless of apologizing to you! So many times she will tell my Dad "Sam biko leave this boy, let him do his worst, in this house! we go dey treat your Bleep up!!!"

But my Dad will always apologize. He even apologized to use for all the missed business opportunities, not being buoyant enough to contribute to my wedding, etc

But I learnt early in life not to wait for his apologizes. I think I was about 10 years then, my Dad beat me for what I thought wasnt my fault, so I cried heavily, expecting him, to hug me and apologize like he used to! Lie lie! This man lock up! I increased my wailing to gear 10, hoping he will change him mind! This man lock up! I cried the whole day, refused to eat, even was praying for him to bail me out by saying "Sorry" because by then headache and hunger don hold me. This guy man lock up. After that day I learnt my lesson, I no dey wait for apologizes again Oooooo!
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by pocohantas(f): 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
Tallesty1:
Really? You think my father will give me the god status if I did it?. Abi you no know say chicken head is meant for the gods?

Sweetling, I was a well behaved child and now a responsible old man.

I am very sure you were troublesome. Nothing you say can change my mind. angry

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by SilvanusII(m): 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
What does apologize mean?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by kumulus(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
irunoko:
well that's were a lot of Naija men learnt their manipulative and gaslighting skills from

It's a wicked way, not just for the child but also the parent.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by efavour: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
DKustodian:
Sadly, we have now accepted this not apologizing even when wrong by fathers as the norm. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt by saying they probably didn't know better. They could only do as their fathers before them did and they learned from those ones, breeding a whole generation of maladjusted fathers who felt masculinity was best demonstrated by not admitting when you're wrong and always insisting on being right even dead wrong and always trying to justify and twist the narrative to favour them. This has led to our generation being ok with being in abusive relationships, being overly subservient, lacking assertiveness and being unable to stand up for what is right. Some of us even repeat the same pattern of never apologizing when we offend people. That's why we have a maladjusted society that looks to God to solve problems that they can even when they have the tools to solve those problems personally. After all, it's never their fault but someone else's. Believe me, all join.
Thank you so much for this piece. I'm a parent but I learnt from my parent's mistake on how this lackadaisical attitude of never admitting wrong or justifying all kinds of toxic behavior especially to our kids have many negative effects on the kids in the future. Many kids learnt lack of integrity, manipulations and not taking responsibility from their parents. I cautioned my mom about the the two face attitude of parents or saying one thing and practicing another. I told her kids just don't really learn what you say most time but what you do too.And she was opening teeth there. My 6 years daughter has one time or order called me out for using words I told her are bad, I learnt from my past and apologized never to use those words again and tole her they are still bad words. The other day, I she was hurt by my reaction and told me point blank I could say sorry, which I did. I still discipline her oh, even hit her gently and and usually apologize for hitting her and also promise never to and I try to never do that but gently talk and explain to her why certain things are not acceptable which has been working. I can make strong face and tell her I'm not happy with her conduct. Anyways, qe are learning communication at work and I'm trying to practice that at home too.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mopolchi:
grin grin You can see that what an adult saw sitting down, a child even he or she climbs a mountain will not see it.
I cant believe i carried buhari matter for head in 2015
I feel so ashamed of myself

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by blaze83(m): 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
TripleAkutigi:

Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You?

Yes, my dad (May God rest his soul) only laid his hands on me once growing up. I wouldn't forget that night. When he saw me crying, he drew me close and apologized straight up. Told me he was sorry he beat me but I shouldn't do what I did again, that he was truly vexed hence why he had to beat me for the first time ever.

He never laid his hands on me again. He was my biggest fan and I was his favourite child and made him proud by always topping my class from nursery to secondary school.

When we the children all grew up, I was the only one that maintained a great father-child relationship with him as his other children, like most children, would rather call my mum.

It's been 7 months since his death and even as a 30 year old man that I am, his death messed me up mentally, emotionally and psychologically and I am yet to recover even now.

Rest in peace pops, I miss you everyday. I still haven't found anyone I call every Sunday to discuss politics or sociocultural issues with, or someone who to flex new vocabularies with (we always flexed vocabulary while speaking).

Adieu, I love you.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Blesyn22(m): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
Dem do ooo.

My body get scars to show
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by atess90(m): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
TripleAkutigi:

Yes! And i still made my dad do it today, it depends on the kind of child you're
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Profamir(m): 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
ANDREW91:

Yes. I remembered the day he slapped me. That was in 2015, i was rooting for buhari, even arguing with him that buhari will win that gej was a disaster. The old man was making me see reasons why buhari will be the biggest mistake but i was not ready to listen and he slapped me and apologized immediately

Hope you've now see that your popsman was right. How I wish he can give you another round of slaps now for the disaster you caused many innocent Nigerians through your vote.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by BabaIbo: 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
shantti:

Chineke nna grin grin grin grin grin

LOL, African parents ehn
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
Profamir:

Hope you've now see that your popsman was right. How I wish he can give you another round of slaps now for the disaster you caused many innocent Nigerians through your vote.
Lolzz
I didnt vote because i was doin my final year project den. But i supported him and campaign for him wholeheartedly
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
TripleAkutigi:

U want this world to end

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by UgwChristian(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yes my mum and dad
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by WoundedLamb: 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
shantti:

Ur really mature, God will give u good kids
Thanks ! cheesy
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by TripleAkutigi: 11:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
pegix:
I dont have a dad
But my mom , yes she does
Just tell her how u feel.....pele oko mi mabinu

We move
You dnt av a dad everyone on earth have dad oo, except the first Man (Adam) on earth and Prophet ISAH.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by TripleAkutigi: 11:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
SilvanusII:
What does apologize mean?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by bolagabriella: 12:57am On Nov 20, 2021
Lol
I noticed this too and then i started praying to God to give me and hubby the grace and humilty to see, accept and apologize to our kids when we wrong them. Can't wait to see if my prayers were answered though I've started practicing with my siblings sha.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by alexola20(m): 4:52am On Nov 20, 2021
I don’t trust if my mum’s apologies.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Echebaron(m): 5:43am On Nov 20, 2021
Amen!
Mercychen:
My mum did, especially when she beats you. She'll hug, pet you, call you sweet names until you start crying again and forgive her.

Dad won't apologize directly but he'll spoil you silly with goodies and money that you'd forget almost immediately that this man hurt you and he hardly even hurts us. So loving but strict!
That man can dash us money ehn?.. chai!

I had the best parents ever!

God bless and rest their souls.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by Wchris(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2021
Hmm impossible, not my dad
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by BabaIbo: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2021
Ifyjos:
Nope as long as nah dem born u dey always right

Hello Ify
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You by aalangel(f): 11:15am On Nov 20, 2021
Yessss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Am I So Unemotional? / Nuclear Vs Extended Family / Why Do We Refuse To Help People Financially?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.