Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. (39636 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by oomphh: 6:19am On Nov 13, 2021
Who are you whining?

There's no way in this imperfect earth that you've been "just platonic" with a married Nigerian man for 4 years. Maybe just maybe not sex but you've been doing things on/to him.

That's not the point anyway. There isn't any other way to let him go than to just let him off. If he has been so good to you then give him one last time whatever goodness it is you've been doing to/for him.

Just don't come here to give us cold zobo about your never being sexual with him

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by NoToPile: 6:26am On Nov 13, 2021
nautybride:
Mtcheeew. If you had slept with him, if you are saying the truth, he would have dropped your sorry ass.
His lack of concentration is because this investment is down the drain without choping kpekus!

Better stay focused and face front. Don't disappoint another lovely male specie with good intentions.

I dey Waka pass. Bye o.

nairaland oooo grin

Looool,

8 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 13, 2021
Do what you feel is right..
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by chigoziri2403(m): 7:31am On Nov 13, 2021
It's impossible for someone to be providing your needs for that long without any emotional attachment, something transpired between you guys that's why he finds it difficult to let go

Give it time, it's the greatest healer

3 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Raalsalghul: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2021
I don't see any reason why you're feeling bad.

You friend zoned/brother zoned him, common sense should have told him to walk away.

3 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Bonjovi13: 7:37am On Nov 13, 2021
Hmmmmn. As much as I'd like to believe that you didn't sleep with the man, it's hard not to think that you did.
Can you honestly say that you guys did not kiss or do some light or heavy petting over the years?
I find it hard to believe that a married man would keep up a relationship with a single lady and he is not getting anything in return. Cooking and shopping for him doesn't quite do it. Lots of ladies out there wouldn't mind cooking, shopping and sleeping with him.
You said he has several tried to make your relationship sexual and you refused. Did he stop making attempts?
So where did this bond come from? This emotional bond that has made him heartbroken? He got used to you? Meaning you guys spent a lot of time together! Did he know about your boyfriend? Did you boyfriend know about him? Was your boyfriend cool with your relationship with the man? What was his reaction?
One thing you shouldn't do in a faceless online media platform like this is twist the narrative in order to make yourself look good and influence the advice people are going to give you. That's shooting yourself in the foot and crying wolf. Come clean and let people condemn you but at least you would be rewarded with the truth. The truth that can actually help you deal with your situation.
Well,as it is except you have feelings for him too and can't stand to see him suffering,you have got to let him go through the breakup. He will suffer emotionally but he will be fine.
Don't just deceive yourself that he was a big bro bla bla bla...you guys were in a relationship and this is the fall out of unmet expectations

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by suffering: 7:41am On Nov 13, 2021
All these lie lie stories the moderators are cooking up to push traffic. Mscheew.

but i have never involved myself with him s.exuallly.
At the rate things have gone you should. That is the best icing on the cake. You guys should get married since it’s obvious his wife has no use. He honestly wouldn’t mind having you two live under the same roof.

How can I help him heal emotionally
Marry him instead.

3 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by samtol4(m): 8:15am On Nov 13, 2021
cococandy:
Lol. Did his wife ask you to help him?
Some of you are just funny.

Big brother ko.
If you want to help him, tell his wife what’s been going on. Let her handle it
hahaha you nailed � it ma. Maybe she is destiny helper lol �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by samtol4(m): 8:19am On Nov 13, 2021
You knew he was married, but you continued the relationship because of " money " if he is poor, will you take him as " big brother " ? Will you be happy if your husband do the same with another woman? Doing shopping with another lady as " big bros." . Let assume you made a mistake or naive. You can't continue to be naive. Cut the relationship with him and focus on your marriage. He will heal with time , your fiance won't be happy if he discovers all this story

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2021
Annabelle12344:
I just created this account to post this.
I'm really Disturbed.

My wedding is approaching and I'm so excited about it.
Before I met my husband to be, there's this married man I know. Right from day one he told me who was married but his family based in a different state. I told him I'm single and I can't marry a married man nor date a married man. We both laughed about it.

Years passed, he became so close to my family and everybody around me. He comes to my house, gist with my mum, siblings and my family members are very accommodating.
I had my boyfriend whom everyone knows, that I have nothing with this man.
he support me financially some times. I have been helpful as well in my own ways. most times, I helped him out with cooking, even followed him to supper market to pick beautiful clothes (wears) for his wife and children. I have known this man for about 4 yrs now, but never have I had intimat.e relationship with him. He's like a big brother to me although he deeply loved me and have asked me out severally, but i have never involved myself with him s.exuallly.

This man have been so good to me, but now, I want to get married and he's so angry with me, he appears so hurt and heartbroken. He's behaving as if I betray his love. He's acting as if nothing mean anything to him any more. He almost lost his job last week due to lack of concentration. He takes his job carelessly now,

How can I help him heal emotionally, without distracting my own marriage?

Is ignoring him at this point the best option?

How should I handle this? Pls advice

Please shut up. How could you be that close to a married man that you already know had such intentions.

And I wonder how you must have convinced your household to have welcomed him. Helping you financially? Lol. We get that all the time.

All the while, I believe there was a reassurance from you to him. Or one time or the other you both may have had sex. But please don't come here and act all ignorant. Because I put it to you, you knew exactly what you were doing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Rickmann: 8:44am On Nov 13, 2021
Annabelle12344:
I'm really Disturbed.

Before I met my husband to be, there's this married man I know. Right from day one he told me who was married but his family based in a different state. I told him I'm single and I can't marry a married man nor date a married man. We both laughed about it.

Years passed, he became so close to my family and everybody around me. He comes to my house, gist with my mum, siblings and my family members are very accommodating.
he support me financially some times. I have been helpful as well in my own ways. most times, I helped him out with cooking, even followed him to supper market to pick beautiful clothes (wears) for his wife and children. I have known this man for about 4 yrs now, but never have I had intimat.e relationship with him. He's like a big brother to me although he deeply loved me and have asked me out severally, but i have never involved myself with him s.exuallly.

This man have been so good to me, but now, I want to get married and he's so angry with me, he appears so hurt and heartbroken. He's behaving as if I betray his love. He's acting as if nothing mean anything to him any more. He almost lost his job last week due to lack of concentration. He takes his job carelessly now,

That man is a very stupid man, isn't he married?
What is wrong with most men?
Always feeling entitled to everything.

You just claimed there wasn't any form of intimacy between you two..if that be the case, it means there's absolutely nothing between you two, so just quit being a child and go on with ur marriage plans abeg...ah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by ideatoprince18(m): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Both u and the Man deserve what u are getting!!!!!

For God's sake what is wrong with some females these days??. A Man clearly told u he is married, still u are forming bestie bond with him even after he has asked u out several times.

Clearly it's because of the Financial help he does render to you that's why u can't drop him because if he does not give u financial help I know u would have thrown him into the dustbin!!!!

Just as the saying goes

4 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by seyz91(m): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2021
cheesy
MarketDispatch:
After enjoying your Sugar Daddy, you want to leave him?

Given the closeness to your family, how did you introduce your Sugar daddy to your current fiance that you want to marry?

Something tells me you would have introduced him as your uncle...

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Birojo: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2021
Orisirisi ishele lon shele

2 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by AntiWailer: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2021
Lol.

U are a learner.

Uncle wants pity fck.

U will give him and continue to cheat after marriage cos he will be able to blackmail u emotionally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by seyz91(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2021
your happiness is what matters

put yourself first

take care of yourself first

remember that

Annabelle12344:

I'm just worried. That he's going through pain emotionally.
I wish he could be fine and happy as usual. because I'm happy with my man whom I'm getting married to.

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2021
MarketDispatch:
After enjoying your Sugar Daddy, you want to leave him?

Given the closeness to your family, how did you introduce your Sugar daddy to your current fiance that you want to marry?

Something tells me you would have introduced him as your uncle...

Hahahahahha cheesy cheesy

I was once introduced to a sugar daddy by one girl like that as cousin. The werey man come dey give me 5k make I use buy recharge card cry

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by ybalogs(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2021
He is mard
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by mbahdi(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2021
Ur married bestie abi ur sugar daddy or ur Bleep mate.talk true and shame d devil

4 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Crossroad1(m): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2021
Na Bleep the man Wan Bleep and nothing more.. If he really loves you, let him divorce his wife...
If you can compensate him with Bleep, just let him so he can move on with his pathetic life

2 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by ayenale1(m): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2021
The story is not complete...u can't be with a man that long and expect him not to have TOUCH u...from what i read u guys had stuffs together which u failed to put jus to appear innocent...my sister give him Bleep once more and beg him to let u get married after which u return to ur duties...u don get 2 husband be that...advice to other ladies...what u cannot chew don't smell it...thank God he has not gun u down or pour acid on ur body or even poisoned u...jus be careful and be watchful...

3 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by obi4eze(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2021
angry

Sister sorry but you are stupid. Cut that man off totally and focus on your marriage. Or are you emotionally attached to him?

2 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by qtguru(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2021
Annabelle12344:
I'm really Disturbed.

You are just looking for problems, if you want to stay married you know what to do, Block his number and move on, or you can stay single and cater to him. stop being emotional and guard your marriage, if your husband to be had this same issue, would you condone it ? Stop being emotional and make a decision. He is a married man, his emotion and hurt is none of your business.

2 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 13, 2021
Bonjovi13:
Hmmmmn. As much as I'd like to believe that you didn't sleep with the man, it's hard not to think that you did.
Can you honestly say that you guys did not kiss or do some light or heavy petting over the years?
I find it hard to believe that a married man would keep up a relationship with a single lady and he is not getting anything in return. Cooking and shopping for him doesn't quite do it. Lots of ladies out there wouldn't mind cooking, shopping and sleeping with him.
You said he has several tried to make your relationship sexual and you refused. Did he stop making attempts?
So where did this bond come from? This emotional bond that has made him heartbroken? He got used to you? Meaning you guys spent a lot of time together! Did he know about your boyfriend? Did you boyfriend know about him? Was your boyfriend cool with your relationship with the man? What was his reaction?
One thing you shouldn't do in a faceless online media platform like this is twist the narrative in order to make yourself look good and influence the advice people are going to give you. That's shooting yourself in the foot and crying wolf. Come clean and let people condemn you but at least you would be rewarded with the truth. The truth that can actually help you deal with your situation.
Well,as it is except you have feelings for him too and can't stand to see him suffering,you have got to let him go through the breakup. He will suffer emotionally but he will be fine.
Don't just deceive yourself that he was a big bro bla bla bla...you guys were in a relationship and this is the fall out of unmet expectations
Everything I said, is the whole truth. No kissing, romance, no sexual relationship at all. I can't lie about it. Because here is faceless. Why should I lie?
The time he told me about his feelings, I told him I can't date nor marry a married man. I stayed away, but he apologized and said my friendship is okay for him.

The truth is, he discussed everything (family, work, every life challenges? With me.

He has been the one accessing my past admirers, to see the better one to recommend for me.
My current boyfriend, he told me he's good for me. But when I got really serious with marriage plan, I started noticing sentiment.
He

2 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by AfonjaConehead: 9:20am On Nov 13, 2021
Do you know where he stays? Do you know his wife?
Get your man and maybe your mum and pay him and his family an unscheduled visit.

During the visit,hold hands tightly with your man but be jovial with everyone.
After that cut him off 90%..
Well wetin I know sef

3 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Incandescent(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2021
Ode.

You better focus on your marriage and leave the idiot deceiving & manipulating you all because he wants to have a last taste before your wedding.

Don't be fooled.

Na the man wey you wan marry I even dey pity for. Does he know of this?

2 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Skillsnigeria: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Oluf3mi(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2021
Annabelle12344:
I'm really Disturbed.

Hello... please excuse brother and focus on your life. He has his family... please build yours. He will get over it. Except you are ready to give him what he has been wanting, which I tell you will end in premium tears.
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Globad(f): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2021
oomphh:
Who are you whining?

There's no way in this imperfect earth that you've been "just platonic" with a married Nigerian man for 4 years. Maybe just maybe not sex but you've been doing things on/to him.

That's not the point anyway. There isn't any other way to let him go than to just let him off. If he has been so good to you then give him one last time whatever goodness it is you've been doing to/for him.

Just don't come here to give us cold zobo about your never being sexual with him

Good one

2 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by cardoctor(m): 9:22am On Nov 13, 2021
Annanelle, you again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chizaram Okoh: This Child Is Missing In Enugu (Photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.