Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. (39612 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by MajorJim: 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Annabelle12344:
I just created this account to post this.
I'm really Disturbed.

My wedding is approaching and I'm so excited about it.
Before I met my husband to be, there's this married man I know. Right from day one he told me who was married but his family based in a different state. I told him I'm single and I can't marry a married man nor date a married man. We both laughed about it.

Years passed, he became so close to my family and everybody around me. He comes to my house, gist with my mum, siblings and my family members are very accommodating.
I had my boyfriend whom everyone knows, that I have nothing with this man.
he support me financially some times. I have been helpful as well in my own ways. most times, I helped him out with cooking, even followed him to supper market to pick beautiful clothes (wears) for his wife and children. I have known this man for about 4 yrs now, but never have I had intimat.e relationship with him. He's like a big brother to me although he deeply loved me and have asked me out severally, but i have never involved myself with him s.exuallly.

This man have been so good to me, but now, I want to get married and he's so angry with me, he appears so hurt and heartbroken. He's behaving as if I betray his love. He's acting as if nothing mean anything to him any more. He almost lost his job last week due to lack of concentration. He takes his job carelessly now,

How can I help him heal emotionally, without distracting my own marriage?

Is ignoring him at this point the best option?

How should I handle this? Pls advice

There are 2 red flags here.
1. He is married
2. His feelings for you even as a married man

Knowing the above , you shouldn’t have built a friendship with him. Each day you spend time together he wants you more, to you it might have been a normal gesture to cook and hang with him but what you were really doing was giving him hope. What was your boyfriend’s take in all of this cos I sure know I wnt be happy if my wife to be is spending time with a married man claiming to be bff . Anyway now that you’re happily married you need to cut him off completely and return all the money he gave you. End of story and Happy married life to you and YOUR HUSBAND ONLY !!!!
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by IbileIfe: 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Annabelle12344:
I'm really Disturbed.

Before I met my husband to be, there's this married man I know. Right from day one he told me who was married but his family based in a different state. I told him I'm single and I can't marry a married man nor date a married man. We both laughed about it.

Years passed, he became so close to my family and everybody around me. He comes to my house, gist with my mum, siblings and my family members are very accommodating.
he support me financially some times. I have been helpful as well in my own ways. most times, I helped him out with cooking, even followed him to supper market to pick beautiful clothes (wears) for his wife and children. I have known this man for about 4 yrs now, but never have I had intimat.e relationship with him. He's like a big brother to me although he deeply loved me and have asked me out severally, but i have never involved myself with him s.exuallly.

This man have been so good to me, but now, I want to get married and he's so angry with me, he appears so hurt and heartbroken. He's behaving as if I betray his love. He's acting as if nothing mean anything to him any more. He almost lost his job last week due to lack of concentration. He takes his job carelessly now,

He is an "Agbaya", who wanted to use you to cheat on his wife.
He is childish and foolish.
He should grow up.
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Kingmelly(m): 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
Thats the problem with some girls... You dont want him, you dont love him, but you cant let go of him because of some benefits you get from him... This is not right. I am not trying to condem u. I am trying to say u made a mistake. U should have cut him off from the first day. And thats what u should do ryt now. Cut him off... Even wen u marry, cut him or any guy off... All this talk about not being sexually intimate with him is wrong. You were intimate with him u just didnt have sex... And let me tell u something, proximity lead to emotions and intimacy...so please if you want to save ur marriage and have a happy married life let him go... And dont make that mistake of keeping a male bestie while u are married.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Hassanmaye(m): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

Give him kpekus let him chop before you marry. Atleast you won't be the one committing adultery but him
Hahahhahahaha

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by sanches: 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2021
One thing I ve realised long time ago is that women & confusion are like 5 & 6.
You knew he was married but led him on claiming he is your bestie.
What advise do u want from us, is it to encourage u to marry both men or to marry your bestie or fiancee.
I bet u ve not told u the true story.
If u are sure u want to marry, focus on your marriage and leave bestie alone to avoid paternity fraud.

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by thewritingtodo(m): 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
I have observed that your diction is excellent. More power to you!

Mercychen:
You're playing with fire!

Why did you go ahead and toy with his feelings by getting so close and doing those stuff for him when you knew you won't marry him?

Why did you go forming a bond you knew you won't maintain in the first place?
You're cooking, shopping and frolicking with a man and expect him not to feel attached to you in the end? Or you think it's only sex that attach people together?

I bet you knew what you were playing at all along. You were simply enjoying the moment. That feeling of " Im being dragged by two men" got into you and you felt cool at the time. Or could it be, "LONG THROAT" for what you'll gain from him after the cooking and shopping that made you condescend so low and got yourself into such a mess?. I pity you!

Youre still there thinking if you should help a wounded lion heal, When What you should in fact do is run and be watching your back as that man can harm you if he sees that he cant have you in the end.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Stop toying with people's emotions. It's witchcraft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by v2: 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Man and woman cannot be friends (according to a friend's late mother) not to talk of 4 years without thinking that there will be a bond.
He actually asked you out more than once so he was hanging on hoping you will change your mind and you leading him on knowing that he wants something from you also should take of the blame.
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
thewritingtodo:
I have observed that your diction is excellent. More power to you!

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by JayPeeOham: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
thorpido:
Maybe you should marry both men and everyone is happy. undecided

I really love this comment ahswearugad!!!

"... Everyone is happy I tell you" grin

She should just married all the men already so that we can all be happy!! grin

OP should be appointed as the Minister for Happiness and Emotional Healing tongue
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by iceberylin(m): 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2021
MarketDispatch:
After enjoying your Sugar Daddy, you want to leave him?

Given the closeness to your family, how did you introduce your Sugar daddy to your current fiance that you want to marry?

Something tells me you would have introduced him as your uncle...

Women no fit fool person like you grin
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by OChimex: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
wirinet:

It seems you don't understand the nature of Nigerian girls. Nigerians girls usually start out by doing shakara before they eventually agree to date you. They expect you to beg, spend tons of money on them and meet their whole family before they agree to a relationship. Some believe in making the guy work hard to get them to prove they are not cheap. The man probably thought the lady was playing hard to get.

My brother, sometimes I wonder if women are naturally inclined to manipulate the way Eve manipulated Adam in the garden of Eden...
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by bukatyne(f): 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
thorpido:
Maybe you should marry both men and everyone is happy. undecided

cheesy

Case closed grin
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by ModestGal(f): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
bukatyne:

All of you are all jokers undecided Trust me, a worse choice of word is playing in my head.

1. You: a married man asks you out and you say no. Shouldn't common sense tell you to run away from him? No, you become bestie and following him to the market and all sorts. Because of the monetary gains, someone you have no blood ties with becomes big brother.

2. Your family: they are a very very very greedy lot who obviously lack integrity and virtue.

3. Uncle Isonu Animasahun Alagbere: You left your wife and kids to be forming bestie with a small girl. A part of me hopes you lose your job and family since you have refused to have sense cheesy

4. Brother Oko Iyawo: May God open your eyes to see that you are a side boo to your wife to be. She is still offering emotional healing to uncle onisekuse.

You are hilarious sis. I love the titles

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by SunmibareARC: 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
I'm really Disturbed.

Yahoo gurl.... You use magga finish com dey pity am... Yinmu
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
Cut him off, he'll be fine.
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Ikea81: 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
I'm really Disturbed.

You knack am jor...Gbagbe. well for advice, juts move on with your life. Block him and focus on your marriage. He will be fine las las
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by UnimkeAk(m): 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
I'm really Disturbed.

Give him the last knacks and move on ....
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Laurelita(f): 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Girl na person hosbaind u wan heal abi? Do quick marry make another woman come and emotionally heal ur hosband.
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by VivJohn: 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
mastermaestro:
You want to help him heal? Healer! grin Face your marriage, madam! The only healing he needs now is to focus on his family, while you focus on yours.

Wait, how do singles (male and female) even manage to keep married people this intimately close? It's unhealthy!

Madam, leave him alone for his wife to heal him! angry

I'm sure you aren't married, and judging by your nairaland gender symbol, you are most likely male.
Trust me, someday and in some foreseeable future, you'd find out that being married isn't the ideal fantasyland you dreamt it would be.
Both husband and wife go through phases where a little distraction helps deal with domestic stress and trials.
These convenient distractions are not meant to destroy or weaken the fabrics of your marriage, but rather spicen and ensure the spark remains lit.

Men by their very nature are more disposed to episodes of such distractions. It's basically a coping mechanism.
Married men keeping and actively communicating with single ladies isn't necessarily for sexual benefits. Rather, as men grow older and rack up more years in matrimony, there's rekindled desire to revive youthful zest and its indulgences.
It is a perfectly normal reflex which most men will experience at some point in their lives. You inclusive.

I understand the context of this story slightly differs from my opinion piece. But all the same, I believe there's a lot to learn about marriage and external relationships.
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Exczz: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
Why
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by silifat11(m): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
His hope of smacking and nacking has been dashed niyen ��
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by mastermaestro(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
VivJohn:

I'm sure you aren't married, and judging by your nairaland gender symbol, you are most likely male.
Trust me, someday and in some foreseeable future, you'd find out that being married isn't the ideal fantasyland you dreamt it would be.
Both husband and wife go through phases where a little distraction helps deal with domestic stress and trials.
These convenient distractions are not meant to destroy or weaken the fabrics of your marriage, but rather spicen and ensure the spark remains lit.

Men by their very nature are more disposed to episodes of such distractions. It's basically a coping mechanism.
Married men keeping and actively communicating with single ladies isn't necessarily for sexual benefits. Rather, as men grow older and rack up more years in matrimony, there's rekindled desire to revive youthful zest and its indulgences.
It is a perfectly normal reflex which most men will experience at some point in their lives. You inclusive.

I understand the context of this story slightly differs from my opinion piece. But all the same, I believe there's a lot to learn about marriage and external relationships.

This whole epistle to just beautify an anomaly. Clap for yourself. I don't have strength to argue with someone who sees nothing wrong in hanging around other people's spouses to the extent of evoking jealousy. Go back and read her supposed dilemma created by herself. sad

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by UKBobo(m): 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
In my book, your role is number 10, behind the striker - playmaker.
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
womenareapess:
Naija women and uselessness share symbolic relationship undecided

Useless piece of shiit called Naija women

You're a self-loathing degenerate who suffers from a disease; mental slavery...

A Nigerian lady broke your tender heart, grow a pair of balls and get over like a man...

All your comments insulting black women... You come of as a sexually frustrated Incel...

It's weak, it's disgusting, it's dumb... You're simply pathetic.

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by cooooooks(m): 2:26am On Nov 14, 2021
Nne be calming down abeg. You want to destroy the little ego the guy has?

grin
Datboredberry:

You're a self-loathing degenerate who suffers from a disease; mental slavery...

A Nigerian lady broke your tender heart, grow a pair of balls and get over like a man...

All your comments insulting black women... You come of as a sexually frustrated Incel...

It's weak, it's disgusting, it's dumb... You're simply pathetic.
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by coolaustyne(m): 3:19am On Nov 14, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Given the closeness to your family, how did you introduce your Sugar daddy to your current fiance that you want to marry?

She go be like, sweet heart meet my love.... Lol

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Oyolohi24: 4:34am On Nov 14, 2021
Don't mind her, after milking him using all sorts of tricks, she is running now. You think you are smart. quote author=MarketDispatch post=107566016]After enjoying your Sugar Daddy, you want to leave him?

[/quote]
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by zexy2030(m): 6:04am On Nov 14, 2021

I'm just worried. That he's going through pain emotionally.
I wish he could be fine and happy as usual. because I'm happy with my man whom I'm getting married to.
If ur boyfriend has a woman who does same, what advice will you give him?
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by jamesbridget13(f): 6:14am On Nov 14, 2021
To be blunt. You no try. You were helping him cook, go shopping n all. Who does that if there is nothing attached?
Let me ask, have u met his wife? Since you people are now family friends at least u shld have met his wife even if once
You just use this man catch cruise. Now u want to break his heart.
Better heal it o before u receive acid o
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Mrsimini(m): 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

Give him kpekus let him chop before you marry. Atleast you won't be the one committing adultery but him
U too get sense. I love ur advice. Na d only thing wey fit heal the man
Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Youngpo413: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2022
MarketDispatch:

Trust those whôrés at your own peril.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chizaram Okoh: This Child Is Missing In Enugu (Photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.