Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. (20415 Views)

I Bet You, You Haven't Heard Or Thought Of This / Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 11:02am On Nov 14, 2021
Hi
Thank you for opening this post. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

I am barber, just turned 19 few weeks ago and I am supposed to start my uni education tomorrow but that is not the problem.

I earned upwards of 40... Maybe 60k most of which I aid my siblings with. But it's too demanding, like 14 or 15 hours a day everyday. And I have some skill trading forex but I don't do it now.

Right now I want to drop barbing and possibly school to learn blockchain development. My mom will prolly take me for deliverance. Lol.
I am buying a laptop tomorrow. Already dropped social media, right now its just Reddit and NL.

I am greatly worried about my future and tired of living inna trap.

I remember learning about Bitcoin like 7 years ago but couldn't get in till this year.

My parents can give moral advice but I need you on this one. Thanks

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by dawnomike(m): 11:06am On Nov 14, 2021
Follow your heart.. it will get to a stage in your life, where what you make from barbing saloon will not be enough for for to live on any longer.
It is either you proceed to upgrade yourself r be left behind.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2021
dawnomike:
Follow your heart.. it will get to a stage in your life, where what you make from barbing saloon will not be enough for for to live on any longer.
It is either you proceed to upgrade yourself r be left behind.
Thanks boss. I say the same too and they tell me I have anxiety issues

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2021
You are still young. Instead of shutting down the barbing saloon totally. Find a barber and put there and reason out how to share the profit. Go into learning programming and forget forex for now.

If I had this opportunity when I was at your age, I wouldn't be in this country and stage now.

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2021
ClixMaster:
You are still young. Instead of shutting down the barbing saloon totally. Find a barber and put there and reason out how to share the profit. Go into learning programming and forget forex for now.

If I had this opportunity when I was at your age, I wouldn't be in this country and stage now.
No I don't own the place.. I have a boss and several colleagues. One of them left last week; He made a bag off forex trading but I no dey interested

30 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:

No I don't own the place.. I have a boss and several colleagues. One of them left last week; He made a bag off forex trading but I no dey interested
Oh, OK. Learn a skill and make sure you are good at it. No harm is giving forex a trial though but avoid greed.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 11:39am On Nov 14, 2021
Thanks again.
ClixMaster:
Oh, OK. Learn a skill and make sure you are good at it. No harm is giving forex a trial though but avoid greed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 11:58am On Nov 14, 2021
I need more directions please
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
I need more directions please
Laslasticlala.
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by suffering: 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
You have a skill, learn more. A Jack of all trades has more avenues to feed from.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by slawormiir: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

Grab my weed to read comments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
At the end of the day, nothing anyone says here will change your mind.
Your destiny is in your hands.
I wish you all the very best.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Adjii97(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
You be arsenal?
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by house10s: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi
Thank you for opening this post. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

I am barber, just turned 19 few weeks ago and I am supposed to start my uni education tomorrow but that is not the problem.

I earned upwards of 40... Maybe 60k most of which I aid my siblings with. But it's too demanding, like 14 or 15 hours a day everyday. And I have some skill trading forex but I don't do it now.

Right now I want to drop barbing and possibly school to learn blockchain development. My mom will prolly take me for deliverance. Lol.
I am buying a laptop tomorrow. Already dropped social media, right now its just Reddit and NL.

I remember learning about Bitcoin like 7 years ago but couldn't get in till this year.

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace
best u do both

2 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by wpadmin: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by waywardpikin: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Whatever you do, make sure you go to school and graduate with a good result. Contrary to popular naija opinion, school is not a scam. At least, not yet anyway. Your barbing skills should save you when you are low on cash as it is a skill that is in demand everywhere not to talk of a student environment. Nothing stopping you from doing all that you want, it only requires wisdom and patience because young people of nowadays are always in a hurry, that's why they crash and burn. Nothing stopping you from being a jack of all trades, master of most all.

XOXO,

Wayward Pikin.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Skyfornia(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
How can you work for 15hrs daily and make only 40k monthly? Are you cutting your customers hair for free?

The cheapest haircut anywhere in Nigeria currently is N400, if you cut 10 people in a day..that's 4k. Working 15hrs...you must cut more than 10 hairs unless you are idle in most of the hours.

For fvck's sake don't close the barbershop. If there's free time within the 15hrs, use it to do other things or get barbers to assist you while you engage in a supplementary source of income, but ensure you stay at the shop and monitor your business. Don't leave or lease your shop to anyone...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Yaso4: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
You can keep both

4 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by kenniefawole(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
#1 rule of life , never take advice from social media . Make yourself decision and live by it !

7 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by The5DME(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
All this una fake stories sef.

Anyway, make sure you go to a university, and learn the programming and cryptocurrency at the side. You can also cut your fellow students hair in school.

19 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by realstars: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
You better Do what you know best.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Omicron007: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
[s][quote author=ILoveDemMANNA post=107612515]At the end[/quote[/s]]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Your matter is too complicated for any advice.

Like someone said, follow your heart abeg.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Viktoreze(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Siberia01(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ok
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by God1000(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
It's up to you, whatever you do, have a contingency plan

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by dake40(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Y
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by oluwaseyi0: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Yo
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Clintifydan(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

I wouldn’t advice you to drop both, how about employing someone in the salon and continue with your education while trading in forex ? Forex certainly won’t affect the educational aspect

2 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Following

3 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies While His Promotion Letter Gets Released The Next Day.Photos / 9 Types Of Hilarious Workers You'll Encounter In Nigeria Offices / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.