Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. (20438 Views)

I Bet You, You Haven't Heard Or Thought Of This / Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently (2) (3) (4)

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Dvea(f): 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
Lorex6:

Who said anything about Android phone?
You talking 7 years ago like it was the dark ages..
Boy I had Nairaland, deepweb and quora
I had a laptop!
I had everything this kid has in miniature sizes.
Heck, I and a friend found a huge book on "How to make your own Desktop computer" and if we weren't poor and seen as mad we'd have made it
Talking as if we haven't had Nigerian kids with innovations under their belt like mini cars, and unbelievably hight SAT scores etc...
Cc. Wrexman, I don tire for this your guy

7 years ago was 2014. If u were 12 then and had a laptop or desktop, were writing SAT (which I doubt cause that's far to young) and still able to trade crypto then U WERE FROM A RICH FAMILY. 7 years ago wasn't a dark age but it was far from being as modern as today is and parents then won't listen to trading crypto that was barely even a topic then. He would have been ignored and as you said seen as mad.

I never said Nigerian kids were not innovative I only pointed out that the possibility of the OP being able to trade 7 years ago as you had suggested was near impossible as a Nigerian of 12 years.

So again I say except ur parents were beyond modern and except they had money, no 12 year old average Nigerian in 2014 would have traded or even known about crypto.

So oga rest.
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
Dvea:

7 years ago was 2014. If u were 12 then and had a laptop or desktop, were writing SAT (which I doubt cause that's far to young) and still able to trade crypto then U WERE FROM A RICH FAMILY. 7 years ago wasn't a dark age but it was far from being as modern as today is and parents then won't listen to trading crypto that was barely even a topic then. He would have been ignored and as you said seen as mad.

I never said Nigerian kids were not innovative I only pointed out that the possibility of the OP being able to trade 7 years ago as you had suggested was near impossible as a Nigerian of 12 years.

So again I say except ur parents were beyond modern and except they had money, no 12 year old average Nigerian in 2014 would have traded or even known about crypto.

So oga rest.

You don shoot yourself for leg
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Wrecxman(m): 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Dvea:

In an advanced world or in Nigeria. That boy in the link probably had more educated and modern parents than 70% of parents over 50 today. Parents today will still tell their kids to look for stable 60k job and grow. So again a 12 year old boy 7 years ago in nigeria where Internet and social media was barely just finding its ground is not possible.

The boy in the link is 12 in 2021. With laptop, light, Internet, parents with cash and a thriving tech community at his feet. 7 years ago in nigeria did u even have android phone? Speak less of a 12 year old from an average family.

Let's be realistic. We are nigerians

I agree that steady electricity supply, internet access and a vibrant tech community are all critical requirements but I do not think that challenges in these areas should nail the coffin to self development and the drive to succeed.
There are coders both young and old who are making waves in Nigeria, despite all the odds stacked against them.

The better strategy in my opinion would be to make use of what you already have. Put your GB and MB to work; network and learn rather than blowing it all on entertainment and irrelevant things (which most people do, including me sometimes cheesy )

Plus, 7 years ago, mobile phone use and internet access was already in full swing in Nigeria tongue
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by DonNaldo: 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
If you'll want to acquire a new skill or partner in investment in the personal care industry, waste no time in checking out this link.
https://www.nairaland.com/6925001/acquire-skill-personal-care-industry#109099867

Police Officer Dies While His Promotion Letter Gets Released The Next Day.Photos / 9 Types Of Hilarious Workers You'll Encounter In Nigeria Offices / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days