Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. (20430 Views)

I Bet You, You Haven't Heard Or Thought Of This / Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by DaveHarry(m): 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
DaveHarry:

Must you seek advice on every decision you want to make in life? Which kind mumu people come dey join nairaland these days sef!

Who wan sleep with him own wife go come here for advice first, na wa!
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nackzy: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Go for
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nackzy: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Go for blockchain bro

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by IbileIfe: 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Yes.
I advise you to learn more from ConsenSys Quorum, an open-source protocol layer that enables enterprises to leverage Ethereum for their private or public production blockchain applications. Businesses can rely on ConsenSys Quorum to provide the enterprise-grade networks they need to unlock value with blockchain. On top of ConsenSys Quorum, you can integrate product modules from ConsenSys, third-party vendors, or your own in-house developers to build high-performance, customizable applications.

I have a film distribution platform on the blockchain which is actually the first Nigerian to do so.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by femi4: 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi
Thank you for opening this post. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

I am barber, just turned 19 few weeks ago and I am supposed to start my uni education tomorrow but that is not the problem.

I earned upwards of 40... Maybe 60k most of which I aid my siblings with. But it's too demanding, like 14 or 15 hours a day everyday. And I have some skill trading forex but I don't do it now.

Right now I want to drop barbing and possibly school to learn blockchain development. My mom will prolly take me for deliverance. Lol.
I am buying a laptop tomorrow. Already dropped social media, right now its just Reddit and NL.

I am greatly worried about my future and tired of living inna trap.

I remember learning about Bitcoin like 7 years ago but couldn't get in till this year.

My parents can give moral advice but I need you on this one. Thanks

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace
You can't survive with barbing, put someone there in your shop to deliver to you weekly/monthly while you chase your dreams

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi
Thank you for opening this post. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

I am barber, just turned 19 few weeks ago and I am supposed to start my uni education tomorrow but that is not the problem.

I earned upwards of 40... Maybe 60k most of which I aid my siblings with. But it's too demanding, like 14 or 15 hours a day everyday. And I have some skill trading forex but I don't do it now.

Right now I want to drop barbing and possibly school to learn blockchain development. My mom will prolly take me for deliverance. Lol.
I am buying a laptop tomorrow. Already dropped social media, right now its just Reddit and NL.

I remember learning about Bitcoin like 7 years ago but couldn't get in till this year.

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace
Those things you just mentioned won't stop you from going to school...... Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by HighQue007: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
I am very impressed with what you are doing with your life at that very young age and I would advice you to believe more in yourself as you have made great decisions so far and you can always count on yourself.

In my opinion, You must get a university degree not because of only the degree but because of the exposure and you will discover yourself more. Haven said that, You will have to make a lot of sacrifices and when faced with the challenges, don’t quit.

Your path is identical to mine so I understand your pressure and how you are feeling. I studied Biochemistry, a very tedious course yet I was able to hustle and also still trade forex though my CGPA suffer a bit but if you are determined you can do it.

My final advice. Go to school, while in school you can make money from your barbing while you continue with your Forex.
I am a professional trader and I can tell you trading is a continuous thing. You keep learning everyday but I will advice you not to invest huge in Forex till you done with Studies. While studying you can be brushing up on your Forex(YouTube Videos is helpful) so when you done with studies you would five become a guru.

I must commend you with your kind of mentality. It’s rare to see that in youngies the f today. In all.. you have to believe in yourself cos you have made great decisions already.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Justiceleague1: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

Nice one from a young lad like you. But whatever you do,do not drop your uni education please.

And, you learnt about bitcoin@12!!?

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by heyhey2016: 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
At the end of the day, nothing anyone says here will change your mind.
Your destiny is in your hands.
I wish you all the very best.
buhari has taken your destiny
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by digitite: 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Blockchain development: How are you gonna get job with that? The CBN has already solved that with the E-Naira running on blockchain technology: what more do we need ?
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by agbo8: 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
Omonigho1976:
leave forex alone I repeat, leave forex alone it's a zero sum game! I wasted close to 15yrs of my life on that shit!!!!. If only I had gone into crypto then by now I'll have been a billionaire in usd

This is the best advise I have read here.
Anyone reading this, pls walk away whenever you hear Forex.
You can make a million from Forex this month and lose 10 million next week.
Forex is not a sustainable source of income.
A word they say is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by femimailbox(m): 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
prosperioh:
Abeg make person help me with 500N make i use cook something this Sunday, i know this is not right but i have no other option. God bless u
Access bank
PCO is my initials

Check your account balance

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Geovanni412(m): 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

Op, unless you have up to 5000 dollars or more in Nigeria as trading capital, forex trading is not a job. Don't get me wrong. It is possible, although, extremely difficult to make 20 percent of what you invest in forex in a month But for sth to be a job, you need to be able to live directly off it. You can't grow a small acct if you keep pinching it, instead of reinvesting your gains.
If you have a clear system in your mind for fx, one in which you have mad accuracy, at least 75 percent for a small acct. And one in which you don't need more than 3 mins max to make a decision to cut or leave a trade going in or against your favour - then you should be able to combine it with learning blockchain.
As for school,you like IT so i don't really know how school fits into your plans. Don't go to university for formality sake. Go there to broaden your contact network.
The most important thing workwise u need in life is how to be productive in what you do, how to manage people's expectations and how to win mindgames with people and collect the money they owe you for services rendered. Your head is in the right direction - in addition to your current plans,focus on improving your mental fortitude by having a good relationship with God and also by watching good content on youtube like book of alpharonomy & pinkbooklessons so that you don't get involved in toxic relationships that can set you back for several years and improving your networking skills. Everything else go align.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by MANOSUB(m): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
Go after your passion but never skip school. Look for ways to balance time out to prevent one side suffering.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by emmykk(m): 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

Keep your barbing shop and do your side hustling side by side
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

You are still very young, go to school and learn blockchain development on the side and you can also be doing your barbing business in school too,you definitely won't go broke in school.
Just go to school

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by preciousMI1(f): 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
The5DME:
All this una fake stories sef.

Anyway, make sure you go to a university, and learn the programming and cryptocurrency at the side. You can also cut your fellow students hair in school.
Na 12 years he dey learn bitcoin!

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by preciousMI1(f): 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
You started learning about bitcoin at 12years... I see

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nicerazor(m): 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
While learning programming you will need a hustle that can take care of small bills. Which I feel the barbing can fit in.
Leaving barbing and focusing on programming alone will make you go broke for the time being ( unless you have another option)
As for school you can still go to school later but don’t call it off totally.
Education/degrees/skills prepares one for opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Stankovic22: 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

Learning blockchain technology just like that may be too demanding especially without money in your pocket you will lose focus....

I will suggest u keep your barber job then visit www.daba.school pay for Chris Ani's trade to earn course.... He is the best in Nigeria, learn to trade cryptocurrencies and make some money... When crypto starts paying your bills, quit your barbing job and learn your blockchain technology
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Midas01: 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
Yes

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by EjaikreTheViper(f): 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
At the end of the day, nothing anyone says here will change your mind.
Your destiny is in your hands.
I wish you all the very best.

SHUT UP!!!
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by japhethGold: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hello young man,
Great you have come to see our opinions on this.

I have this advice for you:
1. Go to university for it will distinguish you in all your hustle. You seem to be intelligent so getting a good grade from uni should not be a problem.
2. Go into block chain while you are in the uni. I am in bloc chain too so I can confirm that you can combine both blockchain learning and uni very well, especially if your course in uni is computer science or finance, economics and accounting.
3. Barbing is a quick cash skill that can give u money even in uni if you need cash quickly and blockchain market is down . Cryptocurrency market could enter a bear market when it is hard to make money, then barbing can help out.

I wish you all the best and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by rainlover(m): 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
ClixMaster:
Oh, OK. Learn a skill and make sure you are good at it. No harm is giving forex a trial though but avoid greed.
well said. Since he already knows how to trade forex, he can build a carrier around it if he's got the capital. Moreover if he will manage greed 100% then he can earn from forex while learning blockchain development.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Ijoba85: 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
That barber's shop is a source of income, don't quit, a bird at hand is better than a million in the forest. Make sure you have your university education no matter what, it'd always be an added advantage in the future. Then, lastly talk to your Creator (GOD) about it, He will guide you through without any regret.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Gabby400: 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
U said u won learn blockchain development?? abeg link me.. as 4 my advice 4 u is go to school do ur forex and barb hairs 4 ur fellow students and make money 4 ur sef. U're not too young to make money from different sources. Na God do am 4 u so enjoy

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Tolupage(m): 4:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6 I greatly admire your courage and entrepreneurial spirit at such tender age.

Please forget whatever returns you are making on barbing while the income is really much personally I don't see it as a long term business except you are really able to grow it so big and of standard that it becomes a brand.

While learning blockchain or any other digital skill may take time to yield returns and most likely you will run into big challenges capable of killing your passion or commitment, the long term result is just massively overwhelming if you can focus and pull through.

As regards education I be fan of education oo, so please try and combine your academics with the side hustle, most likely you won't come out with excellent grades cause of your divided attention but make sure in that four years you master the skill. I am sure the sky wont stop you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by MacAnalytic: 4:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
Actualy u can do both at the same time. All u need is some patience.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by prosperioh(m): 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
femimailbox:

Check your account balance
Thanks bro, u doubled it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by elbulk(m): 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
dawnomike:
Follow your heart.. it will get to a stage in your life, where what you make from barbing saloon will not be enough for to live on any longer.
It is either you proceed to upgrade yourself r be left behind.

Don't listen to things like this. Your heart can lead you wrong.
You can be a barber, a student and still learn development

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Exczz: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies While His Promotion Letter Gets Released The Next Day.Photos / 9 Types Of Hilarious Workers You'll Encounter In Nigeria Offices / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.