Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings (34438 Views)

My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend / How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring / She Call It Quit Because I Said Her Food Is Not Sweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by benqo01(m): 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
Blue86:
Should I tell you the blunt wise ancient truth.

If you want to win the man.
Be pals with His loved ones.

You will enjoy your life.

You have said it all.......but they won't understand how it helps

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by emmanuelbrown26: 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
Havilaah1:

Well done oga Emmanuel, so because i choose not to have multiple guys at the same time makes me old abi.
Mind you I'm not even close to what you mentioned undecided
Sorry aunty Havilaah1 if my comment really offended u, but it is what it is.
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Yusman316(m): 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chrisx1x:
You can only try and improve on your personality but you can't change who you really are. I know this because I am also an introvert. Its not easily flowing with people you aren't that familiar with.

He should try and understand you, try and talk to him, let him see you for who you are. If he can't defend you now before his family members, I don't know when he is going to do that. And right now, it seems he decided to chose family over you.
He didn't choose his family over her. He was simply trying solve an issue raised by his siblings before it becomes a problem after the get married
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by ledaman: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
It clearly shows he loves his family over you or the family has influence on him , the question is now do you wanna stay with him and his family? Being an introvert or extrovert is just a mindset thing! You can work on your self to achieve what you want. You also need to have serious conversation with you guy about the situation if it worth it move on but if you think you can't then I wish you good luck. Mind you Rome wasn't built in a day !
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by frozen70(f): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Comment from a very sensible woman

Lol, thanks
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by pocohantas(f): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
descarado:

Exactly.
Guyman wan run.
See excuses.

Unless your guy have your back 100%, once you want to marry and start seeing things like this, run and never look back.
You will never have peace in that marriage.

Look at Peter okoye and his wife lola.
Had Peter not had her back, that marriage would have ended since

Well said sis. Peter is one in a million. Funny thing is after crashing the brother’s marriage with their interference, they still won’t give him that happiness. All they will now do is gather to gossip the ex, after that they return home to cuddle their spouses. cheesy

JONNYSPUTE:
.... Lol. Poco leave me abeg I dey find money to pay school fees for 4 children.

If them like make dem marry if dem no like,make dem scatter am.

Better talk to your younger brothers. You no go allow this term finish before you start finding school fees for the next? You are proactive o.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Haykinsofficial: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
Another one?!
Relationshit palava nor dey ever finish for nairaland.
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Henrypraise: 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
Havilaah1:
Good day all, i want to pour my heart on what's bothering me and get people's view and possible solutions to the issue.

I've been in a relationship with my boo for a couple of years now and it's a serious relationship, we're are very close.. infact we're practically besties aside relationship. For some months now i noticed he no longer gives me attention like he used to, the vibe between us dropped and it was getting me angry. He stopped doing the things he knows i like, he knows my love language is attention/care as well as complement but he stopped doing all these. I'd send him a photo where i look so beautiful and he'd only say you look good, at a point i started preparing my mind for the worse.

Just yesterday he told me there's something he wants us to talk to me about and it's been bothering him and i asked him what it was, he said it's about us. He said 2 of his siblings asked him same question on different occasions but, he didn't see it as a big deal the first time but when it was asked the second time he got angry and that's the reason he hasn't been flowing well with me.

The question was how can you get married to someone who is not close to your siblings, when he said this i was weak. I know when we started the relationship he told me his siblings are free people i can relate with, i told him i will try. I was in contact with 2 of his sisters before this year( i sometimes chat, text or call during birthdays, new month and festivities).

This year i started chatting with the 3rd sister, her wedding was coming up and she sent me IV. I congratulated her and she asked if i will be around, i told her i will try and create time so i can travel down to attend. I really did travel down to attend the wedding, she was surprised when she saw me but i noticed my boo wasn't happy with me all through the event.
Now he's saying he's in close communication with my mum and siblings, they talk all the time but same can not be said about me. He was thinking how can he get married and his siblings will refuse coming to his house because there's no relationship between us.

I'm a very introverted person while himself and his siblings on the other hand are extroverts and ambiverts, i don't find it easy building up ties with people from a distance. I have very few friends, i can be in a place and i won't talk if I'm not used to the people or there's no serious thing to talk about (that's the reason i talk to his siblings during birthdays, new month or festivities). I don't know how to build up a strong relationship with them before marriage, it's even worse because we don't get to see often cos they're in a different state but I've visited them on a few occasions.
How do i handle this issue. I was in deep thought all through the night, i couldn't get up to 4 hours sleep.

God knows i love his family as much as i do mine, he himself said he knows i care about them 100% but his family cannot read my mind to see that i have them in mind. After our discussion last night i couldn't sleep, I've been feeling bad about the whole thing. Introversion is making me look like I'm not a good person.

I really don't know how to go about this, please i need advice from people who have been in similar situation.
Moderator please help move to front page to get a wider view.
Roctation
farano
Please help move to front page for wider view.

I hate when people especially ladies say tgey are introverts, you jusy dont want to leave your comfort zone and thats very fine, stop masquerading as an introvert, should there be a reason for connecting with his siblings, you will do that, you just don't see a reason, and forcing a reason to be friendly with his siblings will be counter productive, just be yourself and let him love you for being you... Learn good mannerisms and attend to his family in good manners when they come... Just dont lie that you are an introvert...
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by frozen70(f): 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
blaise26abj:

I disagree respectfully with this . Any family that will not be objective in any disagreement or fight between you and your fiancée or husband because you are not close to them is a bad family. you shouldn’t be a part of such a family . The Yoruba says , a bad wife/husband can still be managed but bad in-laws are a no-no .

It is wrong to only fight for people you are close to or family . You should always fight for what is Right irrespective of who the person is .

Did you read where she said her guy, told her that his family asked him questions about his woman, he waved it away and they asked him another time and ever since then, his countenance changed

So what does this mean to her, that he listens to his siblings and to me, there is nothing wrong with that

Advise her to mix up, simple and not countering what I said
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 16, 2021
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Confidencemama: 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=Havilaah1 post=107638100]

Starting all over again will not be an easy task, we'll both be losing friendship and relationship at the same time.
I'm so weak right now.

But my sister it is better now than when you have entered then they will start having family meeting over ur case or family chat group without u included or then ur husband after ward will start threatening u with divorce if u can not flow like he expected
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Just123: 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
bigpicture001:

Babe I can say from my inner most experience: he is not seeing anyone else, but is drunk of entitlement... Such happens wen someone becms too sure for u.. just watch him.. if he continues unabated.. giv him space..

If it still doesn't work, den still be there but change language like start to talk about a guy disturbing for marriage... Make it real. If he sees competition, he will sit up..

People don't value things without fighting for it
There's levels to this manipulating shit.
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Greenfusion: 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Havilaah1:
Good day all, i want to pour my heart on what's bothering me and get people's view and possible solutions to the issue.

I've been in a relationship with my boo for a couple of years now and it's a serious relationship, we're are very close.. infact we're practically besties aside relationship. For some months now i noticed he no longer gives me attention like he used to, the vibe between us dropped and it was getting me angry. He stopped doing the things he knows i like, he knows my love language is attention/care as well as complement but he stopped doing all these. I'd send him a photo where i look so beautiful and he'd only say you look good, at a point i started preparing my mind for the worse.

Just yesterday he told me there's something he wants us to talk to me about and it's been bothering him and i asked him what it was, he said it's about us. He said 2 of his siblings asked him same question on different occasions but, he didn't see it as a big deal the first time but when it was asked the second time he got angry and that's the reason he hasn't been flowing well with me.

The question was how can you get married to someone who is not close to your siblings, when he said this i was weak. I know when we started the relationship he told me his siblings are free people i can relate with, i told him i will try. I was in contact with 2 of his sisters before this year( i sometimes chat, text or call during birthdays, new month and festivities).

This year i started chatting with the 3rd sister, her wedding was coming up and she sent me IV. I congratulated her and she asked if i will be around, i told her i will try and create time so i can travel down to attend. I really did travel down to attend the wedding, she was surprised when she saw me but i noticed my boo wasn't happy with me all through the event.
Now he's saying he's in close communication with my mum and siblings, they talk all the time but same can not be said about me. He was thinking how can he get married and his siblings will refuse coming to his house because there's no relationship between us.

I'm a very introverted person while himself and his siblings on the other hand are extroverts and ambiverts, i don't find it easy building up ties with people from a distance. I have very few friends, i can be in a place and i won't talk if I'm not used to the people or there's no serious thing to talk about (that's the reason i talk to his siblings during birthdays, new month or festivities). I don't know how to build up a strong relationship with them before marriage, it's even worse because we don't get to see often cos they're in a different state but I've visited them on a few occasions.
How do i handle this issue. I was in deep thought all through the night, i couldn't get up to 4 hours sleep.

God knows i love his family as much as i do mine, he himself said he knows i care about them 100% but his family cannot read my mind to see that i have them in mind. After our discussion last night i couldn't sleep, I've been feeling bad about the whole thing. Introversion is making me look like I'm not a good person.

I really don't know how to go about this, please i need advice from people who have been in similar situation.
Roctation
farano

Fisrtly, note that good men/relationship can be scarce, so if you find one, work things maturely and appropriately with him.

Personal as an introvert i find difficult to relate as well, d thing dey hard us...i feel u well.

I suggest you need to understand properly what's making your man act the way he is acting.

Think deeply, assume yourself in his shoes, also assume he is your brother and think what advice u would offer him if his babe was behaving like you.

You should understand that no one wants trouble in marriage, hence, every possible test and analysis should be carried out before the "say i do".

Possibly, your guy and family doesn't understand u very well, our introverted personality always make people fear us, some think we pretend. But u must accept this fact and know how to make them feel comfortable and not scared.

I think his family just want to help out in understanding you better. Dem dey fear u, dem wan understand u well b4 their brother enter wrong hand.

You don't have to be angry, its the ideal thing to do....just find a reasonable way to relate, but remember don't overdo it.

When relating, make them understand this is you, don't say it verbally but rather let it reflect in your behavior, be nice and comfortable with them. When you are tired of relating at any point, pull out politely...work with wisdom.

Cheers
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Havilaah1: 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
WHITELIGHTER:

It's not pretending, it's evolving...u can't just seat on your "that's how I am"...in a relationship, you evolve and grow, now u have to grow outta that shell and flow...
I kinda wonder why ladies keep using the word pretend, but it was easy for the guy to flow with your family...why don't u do same, take a cue from him.
It was easy for him because that's his own kind of person, when we started he wanted to start communicating with my family immediately. I told him we needed time to know ourselves first before involving our families.
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Havilaah1: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
pocohantas:

And they are in constant communication with him too. The woman’s side typically puts more effort into making things work!

I am sure her mother calls him too.

How many times has his siblings and family called her? Did they call her and she didn’t pick? Do they know her own birthday? Omo, being a woman in a marriage is hard. You’ll see families that don’t even love themselves, they’ll want to use you and settle.

Pocohantas he told me during the conversation that for some months now my mum is the one who calls and chat him up on WhatsApp, he said she has not noticed he is a bit withrawn.
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Mariangeles(f): 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
Havilaah1:

It was easy for him because that's his own kind of person, when we started he wanted to start communicating with my family immediately. I told him we needed time to know ourselves first before involving our families.

All he wants is to bring and get the best out of you. Not everyone can do that.
It depends on how far you're willing to compromise for him. Is he worth it? Only you can decide that.
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by drnoel: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Penguin2:

Just that I personally, and over 99 percent of men, will not put a ring on your finger if you can’t relate with my siblings. I will never.

If I were him I would dump your ass straight away because you going back to say you have accepted his siblings will only amount to pretense just for the marriage to happen then you go back to hating his siblings.

People like you cause your husbands to be detached from their families after marriage.

Change your ways!

99 % of men you know if probably what U meant and that speaks a lot about the kind of person U are and Ur mindset. Marriage is not the end, women should know their worth.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by jornwhite: 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
descarado:

Entitlement disposition.
We are doingbher a favour.
We get am too much for naija.

Being a woman in marriage isn't hard.
It's choosing well.
Most times, financial gains cloud our judgements.

Are they not literally doing her a favour, considering what most gurlz look like b4 marriage n what they turn out to be in marriage grin you need to see cococandy b4
Being a man in marriage no be small job cos your responsibility goes beyond ur wife whether inlaw visit or remain the village u gat send them something buh a wife role to her inlaw is seasonal if not limited to visitation.
its being over 20yrs my dad place his inlaw on monthly allowee, can you look @ regina n say Ned did not do her a favour, gimme one reason why reginal family no suppose use call drain Ned battery everyday grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by pocohantas(f): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
Havilaah1:

Pocohantas he told me during the conversation that for some months now my mum is the one who calls and chat him up on WhatsApp, he said she has not noticed he is a bit withrawn.

Lol. I don’t need you to tell. I know your mum would be calling him steady. Please check up on his family as much as you can. Ask about their wellbeing with sincerity. I won’t advise you to “fake” anything, but if you are sure you wish them nothing but joy, then do your best and leave the rest. A broken engagement is better than a broken marriage. The pressure won’t stop, have that in mind.

6 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Sebgajere(m): 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
U hav try n compromise, dis is Africa marriage can't work without family.
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by rosalieene(f): 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Havilaah1, he is just looking for excuse to break up the relationship.

Whatever happens, you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by aameyah(f): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Havilaah1:

Roctation
farano

I just knew they would be female siblings. Always picking issues where there is non...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
chieni:

It seems you really dont understand what it means to be an introvert (( ;Dawk, care to enlighten me?)). They can't change to be a talkative because people say so ((I don't remember advicing the OP to change who she is... I only told her to try and make it work)). It doesn't happen that way. Even if they are around people they are close to, it doesn't mean they talk throughout like a radio ((sweetheart, when introverts are around their close buddies, even you go shock grin). Its their nature ((kikikikikiki grin, nature kor, nature ni...whether it's in a person's nature or not is irrelevant, IF IT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU, YOU'D FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT WORK!!!!)) everyone can't be the same ((I agree)). Would you like for her to start talking out of point or saying irrelevant things because she wants to please people?

My advise for her is to Japa((awk...)). There are families out there who will accept her for who she is ((Yes there are)).
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by jornwhite: 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
descarado:

Exactly.
Guyman wan run.
See excuses.

Unless your guy have your back 100%, once you want to marry and start seeing things like this, run and never look back.
You will never have peace in that marriage.

Look at Peter okoye and his wife lola.
Had Peter not had her back, that marriage would have ended since.

Have you considered peter had lola back cos she made it possible it was obvious lola wanted a r/ship with the okoye's but the okoye are the ones who refused to accept her ... the scenario is quiet different.
Op claim to be an introvert, for some of us we look beyond deeds .. if my brother wife buy me an iphone13 n her aura seems off, i will be skeptical of her.
I am guessing, beyond her deeds maybe her aura gives her out as fake. some people have eye for aura esp. we yorubas
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Mariangeles(f): 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
aameyah:

I just knew they would be female siblings. Always picking issues where there is non...

Shey we cannot love our brothers again? Abego! grin
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by CSTRR: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
I don't think you have done anything wrong.

He is seeing issues where there are none.

People are not the same.
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
AdedoyinO:

Being introverted doesn't mean you don't talk. Many introverts run businesses and careers successfully.

The issue is as an introvert you don't jump into people's personal spaces just like that. Discussion with people you are not close with is usually superficial and mostly nothing personal.

For an introvert to build close personal relationship with a person, that person must have been around mostly physically (within the same geographical space) like classmates, co-workers, housemates, roommates etc. Someone they see almost everyday and spend considerable amount of time with.

In this kind of situation, the introvert naturally warms up to closer and deeper relationships beyond the 'hello, hi'.

When people come together newly as in when you have new classmates, the extroverts and the introverts among them are easily spotted, but overtime within the same class, most of them will start relating with one another freely
and to build personal relationships, you must make effort. Her introversion didn't stop her from dating an extrovert, a little effort to bond with his loved ones, won't hurt. It may not even be his siblings reporting her, but the fact that she's not speaking his love language.
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Chrisx1x(m): 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2021
Midastorch:

Go get a life brov...
you think my life is like yours that revolves around nairaland, attacking other people just to get cheap likes, oga you are just a frustrated he-goat. Just fvck off
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by oazeez1991(m): 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Havilaah1:

ZZ please help move to front page to get a wider view.
Roctation
farano

In my opinion, I don't think his actual reason 4 withdrawin is d excuse he gave as it very flimsy nd childish at d same time. I guess he is no longer interested in d relationship nd just lookin 4 a way 2 bail himself out. No mata how much u try, he can neva understand ur person, we introverts are d ones dat easily understand extroverts nd see dem 4 who dey are, but same can't be said about dem.

Ol I see is just a lady (u) trying 2 force herself on a guy who doesn't respect her person just cos she is afraid of d future. Afraid abt wia 2 start 4rm or get 2 see anoda guy who wud be interested in her. It's just unfortunate, challenges like this are what introverts (male nd female) face when it comes 2 relationship. We are mostly unlucky with it as we are in a world dominated by extroverts who wud expect we see things 4rm same lens as them, any deviation wud mean u are weird nd abnormal.

I just hope nd pray u don't regret a future with sm1 wif a shallow reasoning like ur suppose guy cos dis is a major redflag which shud been overlook, cud lead 2 regret.

It's not nd wudn't be easy as 4 u being a lady, society nd family expect sm1 serious (relationship wise) 4rm u since u've kom of age.

Pendin d time d situation calm, I'd urge u channel ur energy in2 smtin productive nd let nature tk it cause while u put ur mata in God's hand. Let him be 4 d time being, if u guys are meant 2 be, one way or d oda, u wud end up 2geda. Stop working urself up nor depress ova it. It wudn't be easy, but u can always try.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
This ur matter na small matter na undecided
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Karnice600: 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mariangeles:

Shey we cannot love our brothers again? Abego! grin

Lol
Re: My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings by Hkff: 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
Do break a good man home by forcing him not to get close to his family

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Unique Perks Of Dating An Older Woman / She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. / Check Out These Prewedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.