Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? (708 Views)

Groom Disappears On His Wedding Day, Bride Goes Ahead With The Event In U.K / Advice Needed: Should I Go Ahead With The Introduction / Do I Go Ahead With My Plans for Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Brightw278: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good afternoon my people, how is work going. I have been meaning to ask and I have done some research on google but I still can’t find a straight forward answer to my question

Can someone with genotype AC get married to SS?. The first time I did genotype test was when I was about to go for youth service. I did it at a general hospital and it came out AA.

I have been nursing malaria quite frequently and during one of my visits to my doctor he asked my genotype, I told him AA and he asked me to go for another test. Mind you this is a different hospital from the first.

Result came out and it read AC, believe you me that was the first time I heard about such. I was even kinda scared but doctor said it’s fine and no cause for alarm.

The issue now is I have been dating my girlfriend for over a year. She is a SS which makes us compatible ( like I presumed earlier ) but with this new revelation I don’t even understand anymore.

I had to get tested at a different hospital and it came out as AC again, so I’d stick with that. I haven’t informed her yet though. I’m thinking of proposing this December already. Please are we going to have healthy kids? I really love this lady so much and I can’t afford to lose her.
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
lipsrsealed
I don't really have an idea tho..But please anything that may likely haunt you in the future,e go better say make you refrain from am now sad. To at least avoid stories that touch las las undecided

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Brightw278: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I didn't really have an idea tho..But please anything that may likely haunt you in the future,e go better say make you refrain from am now sad. To at least avoid stories that touch las las undecided
thanks bro. I just want to be sure if we are compatible, lalasticlala move this to promise land please
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
Brightw278:
thanks bro. I just want to be sure if we are compatible, lalasticlala move this to promise land please
Lalasticlala, mynd44, please the op's case needs serious attention.... please lets move this thread of his to the promised land cool

2 Likes

Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
For the sake of your unborn innocent children, please let her go. She'll meet her match

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Godada(m): 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2021

Guy, dating a SS is a challenge in itself as she would be having her own sickle cell crisis.

Trust me, I am not being insolent or trying to but isn't your long term peace of mind and happiness, something you should be worried about?

I am talking living with her some forty years down the road.

Can you handle that?

1 Like

Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by brosom(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
This would help

Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by gasparpisciotta: 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
@op

Why can’t you seek a proper professional opinion?
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Polynek(m): 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
I think Doctors will give u the right answer to ur question
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by zed7: 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
AA is universal, can marry anyone
AS/AC can only marry AA.
SS/SC can only marry AA.

In short, if you are not AA, look for AA to marry, that's the safest way of avoiding issues.

Be warned.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by JustStupidity: 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
I don't know why people can't make use of their brain. Ok now listen, let me clear your confusion.

As O+ you can marry anybody you want including AA, AS and SS. Doctors in the house, hope I'm making a point?
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by AsomArchitectNG(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Get tested like two more times again in different hospitals to be very sure cos i really don't understand d different test results.
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by jericco1(m): 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
Better go for genetic modification
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Boogyman557: 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
JustStupidity:
I don't know why people can't make use of their brain. Ok now listen, let me clear your confusion.

As O+ you can marry anybody you want including AA, AS and SS. Doctors in the house, hope I'm making a point?

grin grin grin
I think you're confusing genotype with blood group...
Read it up...
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Dicedpineappple(f): 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
kiss kiss
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by StPete: 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
JustStupidity:

[s]As O+ you can marry anybody you want including AA, AS and SS. Doctors in the house, hope I'm making a point?[/s]

Wetin konsain blood group O+ with genotype

OP, you DARE not as an AC marry SS except you want to spend all your life savings treating sickle celled children and having deaths untold. Better end that relationship NOW!!
Re: Can I Go Ahead With My Plans? by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
I understand this very well because I had my own fair share too but please, look beyond now and yourself. Other lives will be involved here so don't be selfish. When shit gets real, this love will be tested and it will be the first thing to fly out the window. Trust me, it's not worth the risk. She will thank you for it later.

Meanwhile, run 2 tests same day at different centres.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help, I Love My Current Girlfriend, But... / Is There Anything Wrong With Me? Put Me Through. / Church Members Beat Up Pastor After He Asked Them To Pay ₦16K Each To Unlock 202

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.