Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student (92109 Views)

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma / University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by King44(m): 5:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Stevyne:
If you say the stress in unilorin should be checked what of Yabatech? grin
Yabatech dey learn work for where unilorin dey.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Stevyne: 5:06am On Nov 16, 2021
King44:
Yabatech dey learn work for where unilorin dey.
Seriously bro?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by irunoko(m): 5:08am On Nov 16, 2021
Olufemiolaolu:
By the time you are locked up, you will learn your lesson by force. His boldness is just toouch. His type would beat his parents up for correcting him. He beats up somebody's wife and he isn't even remorseful.
police go don turn him face to Chinese man now.people wey no do reach am dey collect tear gas for eyes or vagina, this one go don collect for cell
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by juman(m): 5:08am On Nov 16, 2021
If you beat up your teacher is like you beat up your parent.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by irunoko(m): 5:10am On Nov 16, 2021
Ayodeji2k14:
Now that you have succeeded in beating your female lecturer, has the SIWES you missed been waived?You are a big fool!
he don go do him remaining siwes and project for where he rightfully belongs
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by King44(m): 5:11am On Nov 16, 2021
Stevyne:
Seriously bro?
very
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Evidenx(m): 5:16am On Nov 16, 2021
Better is ye that can control is anger than a warrior who can take a city.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Stevyne: 5:21am On Nov 16, 2021
King44:
very
Yaba sef na craze for this stress shii

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lkillbrokehoes: 5:21am On Nov 16, 2021
He should have controlled his anger instead, now look at the problem he brought upon himself?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by King44(m): 5:24am On Nov 16, 2021
joetem:
It's still a fault of the university system, someone just got out of injustice without therapy. Police accused him wrongly and locked up. The lecturer was supposed to refer him to school's counsellor/trauma therapist before announcing to him reason he has to take the siwes the following year instead of just telling him outrightly No!! The lecturer isnt well trainned and has no regard for how student feel. I'm a teacher and i know most of those who parade themselves as lecturers have no biz being in school environment. Now they will cast a judgement on the boy that will turn him to thug forever and he may return to hunt the entire school system. They should rehabilitate the boy if they want to be fair
If this method is applied in every university the issue of suicide among students would eventually stop, nobody is talking about it and it's sad. Some students would have gone suicidal once they get such a response without thinking twice.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by King44(m): 5:26am On Nov 16, 2021
Stevyne:
fed and state uni generally na base for stress.

But unilorin na better by stress
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by zedegit: 5:26am On Nov 16, 2021
GboyegaD:
If he has evidence of the mug that was thrown at him or an injury sustained from it, he can actually sue the professor and the university.

While I wouldn't act the same way if it was me, it doesn't mean he should be totally condemned as everyone has their threshold and apparently, he got to his.

I am not aware schools wave siwes because it's an integral part of your practical experience. If it is waved, how do they know you can bridge the gap between theory and practice?

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 16, 2021
Years ago I had a Visiting Ghanian lecturer in my final year. He told us an interesting story, which goes: University isn't meant to break you, yea a lecturer might spot out one or two students who needs disciple but such should be done with love and understanding. Told us a story of how he was almost lynched at a funeral when one of his student a failed just becos he refused hardening to the voice of reasoning by adding 2 marks to the young man. The young man got an accident and died and everyone definitely fingered him as the main cause.
The boy shouldn't be dealt with aggressively, give him a moderate punishment and let him finish up, if not she shouldn't be surprised when in years to come someone stop her at the middle of the night pull up a gun on her and Rob her off her belongings. Any wrong decision on this young man at this crucial stage is a threat to the nation.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by drchibuike53(m): 5:31am On Nov 16, 2021
EXLOVER:
Some years back i wanted to beat one of my female lecturer also, she always rude to me. On that very day, i went to her office very high, my mood was very rugged, she really humbled her self and even offered me a lift after

After that day, we banged till i left that school, non of my friends was away

Dummy....."away" indeed .....aware ni
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Staru1(m): 5:34am On Nov 16, 2021
EXLOVER:
Some years back i wanted to beat one of my female lecturer also, she always rude to me. On that very day, i went to her office very high, my mood was very rugged, she really humbled her self and even offered me a lift after

After that day, we banged till i left that school, non of my friends was away
( Aware not away
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lkillbrokehoes: 5:35am On Nov 16, 2021
rayopt:
The stress in unilorin needs to be checked. That school is something else together with Naija wahala.

Depression is real. I really feel for the guy coz he just dug a deeper grave. It is well sha
This is not only synonymous with Unilorin alone, it's a Nigerian thing. the whole Nigerian higher institutions are stress filled, no wonder some students that can't take it anymore commit suicide due to depression and frustration.

Unlike schooling in the west with conducive environment, that's why I'm glad that my parents sent me and siblings abroad to school, I will be forever grateful to them for that, it's not everyone that have that opportunity and I'm going to do the same for my unborn kids, they deserve the best too.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Upjis: 5:36am On Nov 16, 2021
ab1x:
It is not an enough reason to beat her up. You just succeeded in ruining your life and career that is if you have one in the first place.

Yes he must have ruined hs career but it will teach lectures to be careful while dealing with students

In her next life she won't be this wick
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Upjis: 5:40am On Nov 16, 2021
after4:
So rather than spend an extra year you chose to be rusticated, nice choice. Some people were not well trained at home. How can you have the guts to beat someone who is old enough to be your teacher

You think before you talk ,your brain is meant for thinking not to talk

Have you been frustrated? Do you think everybody will think and act like you ?

Just don't judge people ,if you where in their shoes you will do worse
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by bonnyhope: 5:40am On Nov 16, 2021
Unculture Boys everywhere
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by bonnyhope: 5:41am On Nov 16, 2021
Upjis:

You think before you talk ,your brain is meant for thinking bottom talk

Have you been frustrated? Do you think that everybody think and act like you ?

Just don't judge people ,if you where in his shoes you wll do worse

Shut up

Nothing to justify his action

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Gentledizzle: 5:45am On Nov 16, 2021
Stevyne:

Yabatech wey fit lost your papers.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 16, 2021
stinflame:
Years ago I had a Visiting Ghanian lecturer in my final year. He told us an interesting story, which goes: University isn't meant to break you, yea a lecturer might spot out one or two students who needs disciple but such should be done with love and understanding. Told us a story of how he was almost lynched at a funeral when one of his student a failed just becos he refused hardening to the voice of reasoning by adding 2 marks to the young man. The young man got an accident and died and everyone definitely fingered him as the main cause.
The boy shouldn't be dealt with aggressively, give him a moderate punishment and let him finish up, if not she shouldn't be surprised when in years to come someone stop her at the middle of the night pull up a gun on her and Rob her off her belongings. Any wrong decision on this young man at this crucial stage is a threat to the nation.

1.I too can also tell the story of one of my relatives who failed because of one mark. As a result he had to withdraw. He rewrote Jamb, got in a different course, graduated, and is doing very well with that course. He regards not been allowed to pass as a blessing.

The thing about university is that it also teaches us lessons like perseverance, coming back from failure, and never giving up. Lessons he has missed because of a lack of self control

2.There was nothing the lecturer could do. SIWES cannot be waived, and she did not have the powers to waive it anyway (as several people have pointed out on this thread). It is mandatory, and if he was allowed to have it 'waived' and graduated, it could come back to bite those who waived him through

3.Finally, would you let such a student graduate? A guy who has just demonstrated that he has zero self control. A guy who if he is allowed to graduate and gets employed in the workforce can suddenly beat up a co-worker or employer for disrespecting him or 'not giving him a chance'

The student has no excuse. I hope they expel him. Maybe he would get depressed and then go and probably commit violent acts against people because of that...further validating the idea that he lacks self control.

Plus, let's emphasize this, the lecturer could not grant him his wish as she had no powers to do so. Short of lying that he did SIWES when he did not.

Let's stop looking at this from a marxist view of oppressor vs oppressed.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Theoarhics: 5:51am On Nov 16, 2021
You just beat your academic carrier to state of comatose.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by femicyrus(m): 5:52am On Nov 16, 2021
ab1x:
It is not an enough reason to beat her up. You just succeeded in ruining your life and career that is if you have one in the first place.
You actually expect a young innocent man locked up for 2 months by the same Nigerian police we all know to come out and still remain normal?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Badintentions: 5:52am On Nov 16, 2021
ab1x:

Dem tell you say boys need school abi na school need boys. Omo oro ma join lotto boys oga
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by emmnprince(m): 5:52am On Nov 16, 2021
Folahh:
No matter what, it's never a good thing to give in to anger. Never make decisions when you're angry or you may live to regret it.

You're absolutely right!
But some anger ehn can so overwhelm that before you know it you've snapped!
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Billygee2u: 5:54am On Nov 16, 2021
ab1x:
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by friday2011(m): 5:55am On Nov 16, 2021
after4:
So rather than spend an extra year you chose to be rusticated, nice choice. Some people were not well trained at home. How can you have the guts to beat someone who is old enough to be your teacher

Old enough to be his mother seff.

The boy no get point...He should go and do the term.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:04am On Nov 16, 2021
after4:
He didn't do well at all. The things that happen to us largely depend on the decisions we take on issues.
He has succeeded in terminating his academic career.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by EmperorTolson: 6:04am On Nov 16, 2021
gowonmaharajah:

he'd kill the said lecturer
It's possible
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 16, 2021
backbencher:

1.I too can also tell the story of one of my relatives who failed because of one mark. As a result he had to withdraw. He rewrote Jamb, got in a different course, graduated, and is doing very well with that course. He regards not been allowed to pass as a blessing.

The thing about university is that it also teaches us lessons like perseverance, coming back from failure, and never giving up. Lessons he has missed because of a lack of self control

2.There was nothing the lecturer could do. SIWES cannot be waived, and she did not have the powers to waive it anyway (as several people have pointed out on this thread). It is mandatory, and if he was allowed to have it 'waived' and graduated, it could come back to bite those who waived him through

3.Finally, would you let such a student graduate? A guy who has just demonstrated that he has zero self control. A guy who if he is allowed to graduate and gets employed in the workforce can suddenly beat up a co-worker or employer for disrespecting him or 'not giving him a chance'

The student has no excuse. I hope they expel him. Maybe he would get depressed and then go and probably commit violent acts against people because of that...further validating the idea that he lacks self control.

Plus, let's emphasize this, the lecturer could not grant him his wish as she had no powers to do so. Short of lying that he did SIWES when he did not.

Let's stop looking at this from a marxist view of oppressor vs oppressed.

Glad your cousin case turned out to be a success, he happens to be one out of a hundred who survive such drowns. Many ends up been an evil Vice in the society.
From the boys explanation, she threw a mug at him... Better ways to handle this and her approach wasn't one of it.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by EmperorTolson: 6:05am On Nov 16, 2021
subcbouy:
The teacher isn't safe.
Yes o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos) / How Many Of These Primary 4 Questions Will You Be Able To Answer?(pics) / IMSU Lecturers, Esogbuonye Agomuo & Victor Obinna Njoku In Sex Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.