Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,899 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? (2722 Views)

Will You Continue Dating Her If You See Her Like This In The Morning?(pic) / Why Will A Guy Sleep With A Girl Even When She Informs Him She Has A Boyfriend? / See What A Girl Posted On Her Status Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by pazuzu(f): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2007
you fall in love with a lady and she tells you later in the relationship that she is HIV positive. would you continue to be in a relationship with her?
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Lexyhearts(f): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2007
that question is hard to answer

bt to be honest i won't.i can't gv myself to someone with that horrible disease.
can't sacrifice to die ,coz of love.bt if i love him i may just conbtinue dating him but i won't marry him.Let him suffer alone for his own deeds.i can't live e rest of my life using PROTECTOR PLUS.thats e truth.PERIOD

1 Like

Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Akinagirl(f): 5:05am On Aug 30, 2007
so u dont really love him then, this is the time he needs you most and u say u cant stick with him? what if he was born with the desease? bad blood etc. and you cant be there with him?
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Lexyhearts(f): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2007
u say wht u will do

answer e question pliz
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by NaJaHaJe(f): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2007
yes please answer the question. I am more interested in what your answer will be!!!!
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by bethsy: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2008
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status?
« #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:05 AM »

so u don't really love him then, this is the time he needs you most and u say u can't stick with him? what if he was born with the desease? bad blood etc. and you can't be there with him?

if u were the one will u continue ,how can u want to cut ur life short becos of love
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by kokoye(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2008
depends on how she got the virus. cheat? or accident?
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Deshannel(m): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2008
Ofcourse i would, but definitly wont think of marriage for my hearts sake.
I dont wanna be a widower especialy
Wen u know parner's gat 50% chance on death.
Eeeeeew
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by steve49ja(m): 11:40am On Dec 03, 2008
when would some nairalanders speak their mind and be truthful? ? ?
i dont care what responses i get
but seriously i wont dare continue after knowing the status, i only pray she'll reveal before sex and not after sex cos if the info comes after then i dont know what i would do to her and myself
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:44am On Dec 03, 2008
@ topic

no

Life no get part two.
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by MrCrackles(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2008
Dating would be downgraded from "INTIMATE LEVELS" to "NON-INTIMATE AND INFREQUENT LEVELS"
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 03, 2008
HIV/AIDS? menn, so i cant continue. we did'nt come to this world together so everyone must seperately. i beg love is all about life not death. cool
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by sexyLeamon(f): 11:58am On Dec 03, 2008
kokoye:

depends on how she got the virus. cheat? or accident?

best answer
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2008
sexyLeamon:

best answer

Whats best about that answer??

Does the accidental AIDS virus have a different strain from the Cheat AIDS virus??

HIV/AIDS is the same the world over. I am sorry for her condition, but it just wouldnt work. cry
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by vicade(m): 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2008
Okija_juju:

Whats best about that answer??

Does the accidental AIDS virus have a different strain from the Cheat AIDS virus??

HIV/AIDS is the same the world over. I am sorry for her condition, but it just wouldnt work. cry

U sure about that?

what if she is your fiancee and she had an accident while u were driving and she lost a lot of blood and was dying.

she was rushed to a nearby hospital and for some bizzare reason, she was given an unscreened blood during blood transfussion.

Only for her to get the virus and all the events that lead to it are to your knowledge? would you still tell her: I am sorry for her condition it just wouldnt work. :'?

Just remember u could have been the one in her shoes.
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Moyola(f): 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2008
No tongue
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by sexyLeamon(f): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2008
@vicade thank you dear I admire your intelligence
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2008
vicade:

U sure about that?

what if she is your fiancee and she had an accident while u were driving and she lost a lot of blood and was dying.

she was rushed to a nearby hospital and for some bizzare reason, she was given an unscreened blood during blood transfussion.

Only for her to get the virus and all the events that lead to it are to your knowledge? would you still tell her: I am sorry for her condition it just wouldnt work. :'?

Just remember u could have been the one in her shoes.

Hmmm!
Now thats deep.
No!! This changes everything!! or does it??

Well the answer still stands.

I'm sorry honey, I love you, but shit just hit the fan.

And moreover if she really oves and cares about me, she'll let me go. Cos if the script were flipped, I would.

FFS's we are talking about the HIV/AIDS virus here o!!
There is no time for cheap sentiments and stuff. I know all that bullshit about stigmatisation and all worth not, but what if I happen to get the virus in the name of love??

Lets be honest with ourselves, 0.00000001% of us will stay with her. Remember that all it would take for you to become a carrier like her would be just one lousy mistake. Maybe a broken condom.

I still maitain that the mode of infection is irrelevant, cause the effect is the same all round.

I will simply stick by her for the duration it takes her to come to terms with her condition and then pull the cord. Cos thats the wise and smart thing to do.
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Mitchelin(m): 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2008
Folks,I try to be frank as I possibly can in my views here in niraland,maybe we can save lives and make things better for a lot of us in this land of plenty but home of nothin!
Speaking candidly, independent of how she got infected,we can no longer be intimate sex-wise. I promise,and that's candid, to give her all the support she needs in whatever ramification, even occassionaly sexwise (she's just human too you know,and nature calls) with protection of course but the issue of marriage is out of it. I can't make her live with the knowledge that our wedding is a sham,what's a marital life without conjugal relations/despite what the critics would say.
Granted,I hear a lot has come up as regards managing the illness, you know babies born from hiv infected moms not having hiv and stuff,but til there is a concrete cure for the ailment,I beg to differ.
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by sexyLeamon(f): 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2008
Okija_juju:

FFS's we are talking about the HIV/AIDS virus here o!!
if I happen to get the virus in the name of love??
you don't have to sleep with the person again. just support the person offcourse we know the person will eventually die
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by iceland(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2008
where is true love?shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by steve49ja(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2008
WELL SAID OKIJA
feel you on that one  wink
i admire your truthfulness lol
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2008
iceland:

where is true love?shocked shocked shocked

The last time I heard, Jesus died with it. undecided

steve49ja:

WELL SAID OKIJA
feel you on that one wink
i admire your truthfulness lol

Thanks bro!!
I was only stating the obvious truth that most people here are trying to sugar-coat.
Imagine people talking about HIV/AIDS like we are talking about the Malaria parasite.

sexyLeamon:

you don't have to sleep with the person again. just support the person offcourse we know the person will eventually die

Thats the thing. SEX.
A it goes beyond that, even kissing sef is no longer safe. Remember that if you have a sore in your mouth thats it.
The truth is that the relationship has been altered badly. Its not like I left her because she lost her legs, this is AIDS dear.
I really hate to come across as being insensitive, but thats just the way it is.
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by smooooooth: 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2008
hiv is just like any other kind of disease

and it cld happen to anyone, and hiv infected

pple are just like you and i, so they need care

love and attention. the response here just shows how

ignorant pple are,with all the awareness thats is going about.

infact the way some of you sound, u need to go for voluntary testing

and counselling, cos it shows that u are the ignorant and most vulnerable

specie that they have been trying to save.

@post
my answer is yes i will continue, we may stop sex, or we cld use protection

and if she wants a baby, then i can help her thru test tube fertility or something.

its just like having a GF with Sickle cell.
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by sexyLeamon(f): 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2008
thank God there are still your kind
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2008
@ Smooooooth

Really beautiful answer. I swear that your post is really well written. Soundslike something straight out of an AIDS awareness campaign. (No pun intended)

Now back to reality.
Like I stated, everything changes with the introduction the virus.
And you are wrong, HIV/AIDS is not like any other disesase, it has no cure.

A relationship (especially a sexual one) will never and can never be the same between an infected partner and a healthy partner.
The sex will no longer be the same, and even the mind will also be affected.
Caution will be the watch word of th relationship.
We will not be able to share certain stuffs anymore (especially sharp/body peircing objects).
She will constantly be on medication for a disesase that will eventually kill her.
My own life is at risk.
Having a baby is now a formality as against just sex as it should be in normal relationships.
Except she has the same strain as Magic Johnson, she will certainly die of the disease.
The chances of our child not being infected isnt 100% guaranteed.
I could go on and on.

O! I have attended those seminars, read books, listened to panelists both on radio and television, but that still does not change the reality of the issue, IT HAS NO CURE.

I know it would hurt like crazy. Infact, the other person might even be suicidal from the trauma of the disease coupled with the break-up. But I am only human. I wouldnt expect anybody who isnt family to stick by me.

Ofcourse I will be there foor the person physically, (I'd love to add spiritually but I don't do that shit). I will care about the person cause thats the kind of person I am. But as far as the relationship is concerned, its no longer fun (because its now textbook stuff, too many do's and don't's, cautions and precautions e.t.c), its no longer pratical, and it is now harzardous to one of us. It would be selfish of the infected partner to ask the other to stay.

And by the way, I am HIV negative. And I plan to remain so. I have had 4 different tests carried out, two were even involuntary. The most recent one was in August.

NOTE: People living with HIV are people like you and I. They deserve all the love we can offer and they should also be treated with respect. Spread the word, not the virus
Re: Would You Continue To Date An Hiv Positive Girl Even If You Knew Her Status? by smooooooth: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2008
@ okija _juju

you have really made some reasonable points here and i can understand your arguement.

but what we saying here is, you find out some u love got the virus, you shld know even if they

got it thru cheating or any of the other ways it can be contracted, that it cld have been anyone

even you. no one is above sin, no one is above mistake. and when that happens. you dnt be the first

to discrimate and run,expecially when u are the one that much is required from, remember u professed love.

if u say it cant happen to you, let me throw this question to the whole NLers, can anyone boast that they have

never, ever had a careless sex,once in their life time, not even while u got drunk or the opportunity came and there

was no condon on hand. pls lets be realistic. 1 out of 2 nigerians do it once in a while without protection.we can testify

to it,look at the number of girls that get knocked up everyday. anyone cld have got the disease that way, we are all cheats,

liars,like most are lying right now,that they av never been careless. i have gona for 3 voluntary test too, i am negative. but what

prompted those test u may ask. i had careless sex those three occasions, i am sure thats why u had yours too. now imagine u had come

positive in one of those test, then your GF runs off, how will you feel. and yes i agree hiv/Aids have no cure, and so does many other diseses

like the sickle cell i mentioned earlie, and my brother we all gonna die someday,some of us even b4 an hiv patient, from a little thing as cold self.

so dnt go boasting and stop the discrimination. hiv pple need love and care. and besides there may be a cure one day and some of those who have it

will be alive and get cured. maybe the girl/boy u ran away from then. how can u now face then as healthy pple. some disease just like hiv had no cure

in times pass, like the very common malaria we know today.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Nigerian Girl / My New Girlfriend Is Pregnant For Her Ex-boyfriend / Beware! Artificial Wives On The Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.