Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution (27143 Views)

Lekki Massacre: Who Gave The Order? Fredrick Nwabufo / Buhari Considers Sack, Prosecution Of Ibrahim Magu / Senate Threatens To Issue Arrest Warrant For Lai Mohammed, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by EteBabaagba222(m): 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:
I have never been harassed by SARS and no matter how bad they are, they are still instrumental in fighting crime. I have lost money to Agbero and LASTMA. When you guys are ready to protest against that call me. Not SARS

Life vs Money
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Brushstrokes20: 11:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
Spot on! Lai is a chronic and evil, bloodthirsty Liar undecided
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by marv1: 1:06am On Nov 17, 2021
clarocuzioo:
Dishonourable Minister of Disinformation and Lies.

I love this .

Very apt
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Amudeneogu: 1:51am On Nov 17, 2021
His sacking is overdue
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by nick50(m): 2:29am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:
I am not and can never be a Fan of Tinubu, Lai or Buhari and I agree largely with the report of the Panel but the entire reportage is not balanced.

The government of the day - LASG and FG (IG of Police) did not manage the entire EndSars protest professionally. The brute force that was used to disperse the protest at Lekki toll gate was the only option left for the Government at that point in time and these are my reasons.
1. Why is nobody reporting that the government allowed the protest to last for over 2 weeks in lagos, Abuja and several other cities meaning that the govt. recognizes the right to protest.
2. Why is nobody talking about how the protest at the toll gate gave birth to many other protest sites in several parts of lagos and was making normal life unbearable for other citizens due to road blocks and all.
3. Why is nobody talking about how the protest have degenerated into a crisis situation with prison break, burning of Police stations, killing of police men, looting and destruction etc. As at 7pm of 20.10.20, over 30 police stations in Lagos was on fire and several policemen killed.
Last but not the least, the people that were at the lekki toll gate protest venue at the time of arrival of the military cannot be said to be law abiding. They were defying a government imposed curfew which is to take effect by 4pm that day.
Citizens have all right to protest but the government should also be up and doing in managing the overall security situation in the communities. My 2 cents
..u are a fool..I can remember vividly that the endsars protest started and d youths had occupied the lekki toll gate long before the lasg declared curfew and sent the Military to massacre the youths of our nation..if buhari had showed up on the national TV to engage the youths in a conversation and listen to thier grievances that bloodshed wouldn't have happened..I pray u or ur children will be a victim of sars/police brutality one day..amen
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by richboy7(m): 2:59am On Nov 17, 2021
Rexwalters1:
When I got back to Lagos & saw the damage done, they deserved what they got, Public Miscreants.

Guy that is evil talk. Imagine if your sister or brother is among those killed what would have said now. I don't want to abuse you. Please let's have some little humanity. Nigeria is so bleeped up abeg. People loved ones died on that scene so lets be respectful in our talks. Haba
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by bareal(m): 3:17am On Nov 17, 2021
Rexwalters1:
When I got back to Lagos & saw the damage done, they deserved what they got, Public Miscreants.

So you would call your children miscreants when they break your TV and scattered your sitting room, and the next thing you would do is to shoot them dead? I like your logic.
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by richboy7(m): 3:17am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:
though I don’t support extrajudicial killing, did any responsibly family complain about missing member?

Haba why are you talking like this na. No talk like this outside oo
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by ImaIma1(f): 4:28am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:
I am not and can never be a Fan of Tinubu, Lai or Buhari and I agree largely with the report of the Panel but the entire reportage is not balanced.

The government of the day - LASG and FG (IG of Police) did not manage the entire EndSars protest professionally. The brute force that was used to disperse the protest at Lekki toll gate was the only option left for the Government at that point in time and these are my reasons.
1. Why is nobody reporting that the government allowed the protest to last for over 2 weeks in lagos, Abuja and several other cities meaning that the govt. recognizes the right to protest.
2. Why is nobody talking about how the protest at the toll gate gave birth to many other protest sites in several parts of lagos and was making normal life unbearable for other citizens due to road blocks and all.
3. Why is nobody talking about how the protest have degenerated into a crisis situation with prison break, burning of Police stations, killing of police men, looting and destruction etc. As at 7pm of 20.10.20, over 30 police stations in Lagos was on fire and several policemen killed.
Last but not the least, the people that were at the lekki toll gate protest venue at the time of arrival of the military cannot be said to be law abiding. They were defying a government imposed curfew which is to take effect by 4pm that day.
Citizens have all right to protest but the government should also has a job to manage the overall security situation in the communities
. My 2 cents

So managing security means shooting unarmed citizens? From your comment, the punishment for defying a govt imposed curfew is death. How does that even sound to you?
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Pclemenza: 4:30am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:

Citizens have all right to protest but the government should also has a job to manage the overall security situation in the communities. My 2 cents
So is your input a justification of the best way the government could have handled the protesters?
We know say Nigerians stubborn and many are uncivilized but there is something called Dialogue(conflict resolution), the protest was for a purpose, listen and act according.
Your sentiment doesn’t sit well with me cos if you have been hurt or you lost Someone dear to you to those SARS guys, just maybe you would have seen it from another angle.

Why would the govt allow protest last up to two weeks u ask, well probably they know it’s a Nigerian thing to do gra gra initially and relax later. They never saw the dimension at which the Nigerian Youth came at them(they really shake them bad especially by blocking the toll gate which was a higher revenue generator for Lagos state)
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by ImaIma1(f): 4:35am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:
I have never been harassed by SARS and no matter how bad they are, they are still instrumental in fighting crime. I have lost money to Agbero and LASTMA. When you guys are ready to protest against that call me. Not SARS

Put yourself in others shoes and stop being self centred. You should know that there are families who have lost their children, brothers, etc to SARS.

But here you are not seeing beyond your nose. That they have not harassed YOU means they are not that bad. If they had killed one of your family members, you would have been more empathetic to other's pain. You sound so selfish and conceited.
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Pclemenza: 4:38am On Nov 17, 2021
tollyboy5:
Nigeria is filled with bitter people, someone lost money to agbero and family lost love once to SARS.
You feel #EndSars is not important because you've not been harassed lol
Relax,E go reach am soon.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by martooski(m): 4:42am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:

Citizens have all right to protest but the government should also has a job to manage the overall security situation in the communities. My 2 cents

Obviously you didn't read the report. Only news extract
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by dklex(m): 5:29am On Nov 17, 2021
Stupid write u, is killig the only option left for the
useless governent on that faithful day ?
Chapii:

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Nauttyprof(m): 5:50am On Nov 17, 2021
christistruth01:

It is not an Error the Report is Fake

How is this fake? Is it because of just one error spotted?
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Bigpapi: 5:58am On Nov 17, 2021
Maxymilliano:
He should not just be sacked but prosecuted and jailed for misleading the nation but unfortunately, he was appointed by Buhari to lie and give false information to the nation and the rest world.

Gbam

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by LivingTribunal: 6:25am On Nov 17, 2021
nairalandankrah:
HURIWA asked Buhari not to sweep the lawlessness of the security agencies under the carpet.
Unfortunately, APC does nothing better with the broom than sweep their rocky depravities under the carpet.

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by LordVarys1: 7:19am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:

the you should be asking how state sponsored thugs took over the protest. Nonesense
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Chapii: 7:29am On Nov 17, 2021
ImaIma1:

Put yourself in others shoes and stop being self centred. You should know that there are families who have lost their children, brothers, etc to SARS.

But here you are not seeing beyond your nose. That they have not harassed YOU means they are not that bad. If they had killed one of your family members, you would have been more empathetic to other's pain. You sound so selfish and conceited.
You did recall how bad the menace of kidnapping and armed robbery was before the setting up of SARS? I know people that have been killed my brother was also a victim of kidnap in 2014 but I don’t know anyone that has been even harassed by SARS let alone killed.
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by naija1stnigar(m): 7:39am On Nov 17, 2021
Rexwalters1:
so it has gotten to the level where the drugs you take now makes you reason with your anus, I guess you will reason well before commenting if your family breadwinner was among those killed.
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Cuteimma1(m): 8:02am On Nov 17, 2021
You are not okay, Mr man.
Chapii:
You did recall how bad the menace of kidnapping and armed robbery was before the setting up of SARS? I know people that have been killed my brother was also a victim of kidnap in 2014 but I don’t know anyone that has been even harassed by SARS let alone killed.
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Killermamba: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2021
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by ImaIma1(f): 8:13am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:

So because you don't know means it didn't happen? I don't know anyone who was a victim either but I won't be sensitive enough to make careless statements.

You don't have to doubt until it happens to you or your family members. Or is that what you are hoping for? For your family member of friend to die in the hand of SARS before you believe it and have empathy?
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Chapii: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2021
ImaIma1:

So because you don't know means it didn't happen? I don't know anyone who was a victim either but I won't be sensitive enough to make careless statements.

You don't have to doubt until it happens to you or your family members. Or is that what you are hoping for? For your family member of friend to die in the hand of SARS before you believe it and have empathy?
I wasn't against EndSars protest all I am saying is reports should be holistic. The govt messed up also the protest degenerated into an unmanageable situation.
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Bobxin: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2021
Adekamkpe23:
What's his crime?
What planet are you?
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Bobxin: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:
What planet are you? Till this moment Police are still harassing people. I see videos clips on a daily on Social Media
What planet are you?

https://www.nairaland.com/6853908/police-stopped-me-ketu-bridge
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by ImaIma1(f): 9:10am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:
I wasn't against EndSars protest all I am saying is reports should be holistic. The govt messed up also the protest degenerated into an unmanageable situation.

As long as the protesters were not armed, the govt had no right and reason to kill them. That is holistic enough.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Bobxin: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2021
Chapii:
Na wa for this comment sha. SMH
https://www.nairaland.com/6853908/police-stopped-me-ketu-bridge
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Bobxin: 9:17am On Nov 17, 2021
tollyboy5:

Ive killed no one. I've killed no innocent life.
OPC save more lives than SARS
Abeg nor dey argue with this guy, you're wasting ur time

1 Like

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by ChelseaDr(m): 9:17am On Nov 17, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

You are alive, therefore you are free to turn logic on its head and ask very irritating questions.

Victims of Nigeria's shambolic nationhood do not have such luxury. Most have gone to the great beyond.

Only nature and karma can give you a well deserved rebuttal for trying to justify the shooting of unarmed/harmless youths because your government felt they were constituting nuisance on their toll gate.

Next time your child create(s) a nuisance at home, shoot him dead. If you don't have a gun, use knife and send him to early grave.

Soulless human beings everywhere.

Gwa fa eziokwu! A good name, that is what you bear, respect man!!!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Lambasta: 9:19am On Nov 17, 2021
Abeg stop pretending you are in their payroll, go check your account the 30k don dey drop since two days ago

Chapii:

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by gladdensir(m): 9:26am On Nov 17, 2021
Lai start person name you still dey dull am. Wetin you wan make he con dey do more than telling lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi In Ogun State Pictures / NNPC Questions Missing $2.8bn Oil Money During Buhari's Tenure As Minister / Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.