Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

The Scam Called Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Scam Called Marriage (5278 Views)

The Journey Called Marriage / The Sham Called Marriage / That Thing Called "Marriage" By Temi Badmus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by wunmi590(m): 10:42am On Nov 17, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Accord which respect. Carry a cross means carrying a load or a burden. If marriage is a load or a burden then that itself is a scam.

My dear brother, marriage is not a scam, if you are able to walk down the aisle, it means you are big enough to shoulder another responsibility.....

Please let us man up to our responsibilities, God will help us

5 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by cayorday89(m): 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Acidosis:
Why are men complaining about marriage these days? Lol

Y'all caused this nonsense o. The girlfriends you all over pampered back in the days have turned wives! Some of you stole from your parents and lied about school fees to buy gifts for your school girlfriends. So what do y'all expect today?

The idea that one struggling dependant of a broke student should buy gifts for another dependant is the basis of today's trouble. To crown it all, you all accepted the lie of a love language about gifts grin Ndi my love language is gifts grin Who doesn't like gifts in the first place?

At that level, relationships should have been based on pure/undiluted love and nothing else but, with our own hands, we made a mess of the whole love thing with the things of this world.

Beyond this, youths of today need to discard the ancient practices of their mothers. The way some of them act is merely a reflection of their mothers.

Overall, marriage is not a scam. It's all about the partner you get, their mentality, and level of commitment.
Truly truly, you have nailed it head on, one way or the other, humans are an enabler of the mess they get to complain about.

8 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2021
If you like preach from today till kingdom come, Most he-goats won't hear. He-goats generally loves SUFFERING all In the name of being called Men. Men are "CURSED & BRAINWASHED ENTITIES" They can never have their FREEDOM....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
wunmi590:

Loud it bro...... I married late, not because I don't have the best women with me, but because I wasn't ready for it....

So when I finally got married I know I was good and finally ready....

I think we men should stop complaining about marriage being a scam, nobody point gun at us to force us to marry....

[s]We did it at our own will, and we must carry our cross and responsibility if we still want to be accord the respect of being a man as we call ourselves....[/s]

The title "MAN means SLAVE" You are Just a pathetic brainwashed slave. That's exactly what you are and what you will always be. A disposable and manipulated TOOL.....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
She told me as we have a house. We need CCTV with motion censor, and a burglar alarm. I called 3 companies for quotes.

The fairest quotes was 560k. She said let's take it as it's a good bargain. I stalled on this for one week and she kept telling me its a good bargain let's call them and pay. Keep in mind she was saying let's pay. I told the company we'll go for it and they gave us a date to install. I asked her to send a contribution, and she told me blatantly that she did not budget for that. I payed the 560k.

2 weeks later I heard her on a call to her friend about expenses. She was saying how we are spending so much. She told her friend "we just bought a house, and furnished it, so I am so broke now". One kobo she no contribute oh.

Tell me marriage is not a scam

To be continued.

It.seems you have already shown her from the beginning that you have enough money to go round for both of you. So why should she use her own money?

If your own family cannot visit your house, that is also on you. You have allowed it.

Your situation is peculiar to your marriage because of how you have handled or wink mishandled things.

So...YOUR MARRIAGE IS A SCAM

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by lkillbrokehoes: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
cococandy:
Men claim to be “providers” but are always complaining about providing. Na wa.
We don't provide for entitled and selfish women

5 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by mrbenjame: 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
You’re a very big f**l for posting this kind of rubbish! Is anybody forcing you to marry? See this one o. If you don’t fancy marriage is it not your choice to make? Why coming on a public forum to pour out your frustration. Are there not a thousand and one happy marriages out there? You’re sick in the head. You need paracetamol honestly. Where did you emanate from? So what God designed is now a scam. You’re a disgrace. Human beings are different. We have failed marriages here and there but that doesn’t make it scam my friend. What you’d say is that some people end up marrying the wrong persons. Not condemning it entirely. You have a very shallow reasoning. Go sit down and think about your miserable life. I blame the scams that brought you to this earth to type nonsense here. You need a psychiatrist! I tell you. Your brain dey shake.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
You people ehn! Will you ever rest over this matter. I have not heard of any man tied with a rope and dragged to the altar so what's all these complain na. If your marriage is not working, sorry but stop making it look like it can't work for anybody.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2021
mrbenjame:
You’re a very big f**l for posting this kind of rubbish! Is anybody forcing you to marry? See this one o. If you don’t fancy marriage is it not your choice to make? Why coming on a public forum to pour out your frustration. Are there not a thousand and one happy marriages out there? You’re sick in the head. You need paracetamol honestly. Where did you emanate from? So what God designed is now a scam. You’re a disgrace. Human beings are different. We have failed marriages here and there but that doesn’t make it scam my friend. What you’d say is that some people end up marrying the wrong persons. Not condemning it entirely. You have a very shallow reasoning. Go sit down and think about your miserable life. I blame the scams that brought you to this earth to type nonsense here. You need a psychiatrist! I tell you. Your brain dey shake.

Your post proofs why Nigerians are some of the most violent people on earth, insulting those who have done them no wrong. Using God and curses on the same page shows who's child you really are, and how desperately you need redemption.

May God heal you, and teach you how to address people.

Over and out.

11 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Very good point. However I speak about modern marriages.

The last good marriage was 26-35 years ago. From then on women have changed for the worse. Feminism, ego tripping, and wanton carelessness have taken over.

Safe

You sound so amateur and naive, and it's obvious you cannot stand up to your wife. So you come on Nairaland to vent. You cannot refuse the expenses she piles on you or insist that she contributes.

So here you are trying to make your marriage problem a general one. You can't fool us all with that. You can only.fool the regular zombies who concur to anything anti-marriage. The insightful ones know better.

6 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by Farfalla(f): 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
FlipModeSquade:

While the old man sits alone at home..
Why should he sit alone at home?

Have you ever come across any family that has abandoned their loving father?

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
Some guys understand this scam, others don't.

I went to a wedding, and the guy was dancing so ferociously. If only I could tell him to take things easy, as he was dancing into a modified cell. 5months later the dancing dude had developed pot belly, and his previously slim wife, had become fatty bumbum. This was a fit dude, who I knew to exercise at least 3 times a week. I did not see him at the squash court again. When I asked, he said it was the stress of marriage. Dude and his bride were now obese and pre- obese roaming mammals. I immediately pictured the day he was dancing with so much energy. I bet with this pot belly those moves will look odd. The lady took him from good, to fair to not so good.

Point 6 that marriage is a scam
Mehnnnnn, baba verily verily u have seen it all. Pls I'm following

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
Farfalla:

Why should he sit alone at home?

Have you ever come across any family that has abandoned their loving father?
This shouldn't be a subject for debate..

Abandonment is subjective..

Definitely a maid would be there to cook his meals.. angry

How many old men gets to take a trip around the world?

To visit their married children?

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
wunmi590:

1. My dear brother, marriage is not a scam, if you are able to walk down the aisle, it means you are big enough to shoulder another responsibility.....

2. Please let us man up to our responsibilities, God will help us

1. So a man who cannot "shoulder another's responsibility" is not "big enough"? Kikikikikiki grin ....

2. "Man up" to which responsibility??

Oga....
Whether or not a person chooses to not get married has nothing to do with his masculinity or him not being "big enough" ((according to you))...

Marriage is a choice!!

You're not more of a man all because you're married and another isn't...

According to you...
Jesus who didn't "walk the isle" was not big enough ba?? Prophet Elijah who didn't "walk the isle" did not "man up" to his responsibilities ba??

Mtttttcheeeeewww...

Indeed God will help us...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by crackhaus: 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
This thread dey sweet me like sugarcane... cheesy

@OP, please continue dropping your tidbits... Pay no mind to anyone trying to emotionally blackmail you into keeping shut.

We are in the era of choices and doing whatever makes us happy as long as we're hurting no one.

Ndi choice people need to keep up that same energy all round... grin

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2021
ImaIma1:

You sound so amateur and naive, and it's obvious you cannot stand up to your wife. So you come on Nairaland to vent. You cannot refuse the expenses she piles on you or insist that she contributes.

So here you are trying to make your marriage problem a general one. You can't fool us all with that. You can only.fool the regular zombies who concur to anything anti-marriage. The insightful ones know better.

Women outlive men by at least a decade. Apart from the chromosomal difference, male and female are essentially the same yet men die and women outlive them, and inherit all these men have worked for. When we have men trying to explore this phenomenon and change the narrative, truly naive jokers, like yourself, crawl up from no where with skewed and baseless opinion so as to continue the silent massacre against men.

I am not opening this thread for your opinion, but teaching real men now to navigate the 21st century so they don't die for nothing before their time. If you can't put up with it, then go take a nap.

Over and out

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
ikennamadu1:

Take charge of what and fix what .. oga go and sit-down .. no be you dey complain say one taxi driver wan collect your babe .. if you don't have anything to say. ... Continue dey fight your fellow man cuz of woman... Charlatan
dont mind that pussy ass niggar. he is just a simp, he complained of how uber and bolt drivers were harrassing his olosho girl friend,

6 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
crackhaus:
This thread dey sweet me like sugarcane... cheesy

@OP, please continue dropping your tidbits... Pay no mind to anyone trying to emotionally blackmail you into keeping shut.

We are in the era of choices and doing whatever makes us happy as long as we're hurting no one.

Ndi choice people need to keep up that same energy all round... grin

Kind regards. So many points to share, but this guys a bent on derailing my sincere truth. Cheers

7 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
They gave me long list. When I calculated the list then, all the items amounted to 450k. I ask for discount yet nobody look my side. With my 160k salary of those years, and squeeze my face to buy the items on those list. The goat was rejected for being too skinny. At this time no lady, even my own aunty told me we were equal with women. They all asked me to man up and pay for her head.

After I marry she become feminist ontop my head. The same feminist that couldn't warn her people that she is not for sale.

I no blame her, I blame my own aunties, and sister wey follow whine me

Number 7 reason why modern marriages is a scam.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
After the so called bride price. She got a high paying job, and I no see Shi Shi for her salary. Wetin the price wey I pay come dey for.

I still dey pay all the bill, and the only advice I am given is that I am the man. Who man come help?

If this is not a scam, then what is.

17 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by pansophist(m): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
As I see it, if the op married a lady that is equally working and contribute equally to the marriage, it would be the best thing ever. So my question is, why marry a woman that is not on your financial level? I mean, you can't be lifting her financially permanently, what if you crash?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
So many more examples from myself and people know and love....

This is a say it like it is zone.... Women wrappers and women will hate.

PonziHater

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
pansophist:
As I see it, if the op married a lady that is equally working and contribute equally to the marriage, it would be the best thing ever. So my question is, why marry a woman that is not on your financial level? I mean, you can't be lifting her financially permanently, what if you crash?

Not on my financial level, but through me got a job that pays more than 800k, but still no show.

6 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by crackhaus: 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
They gave me long list. When I calculated the list then, all the items amounted to 450k. I ask for discount yet nobody look my side. With my 160k salary of those years, and squeeze my face to buy the items on those list. The goat was rejected for being too skinny. At this time no lady, even my own aunty told me we were equal with women. They all asked me to man up and pay for her head.

After I marry she become feminist ontop my head. The same feminist that couldn't warn her people that she is not for sale.

I no blame her, I blame my own aunties, and sister wey follow whine me

Number 7 reason why modern marriages is a scam.
LOL... cheesy

Are there any true Nigerian feminists? I highly doubt it.

Mostly SJWs and Snowflakes.

6 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by Farfalla(f): 12:21am On Nov 18, 2021
FlipModeSquade:

How many old men gets to take a trip around the world?

To visit their married children?

I have never invited my mother to my home without inviting my father. In fact if I were to choose who to tag along and I only had one ticket left, I'll most likely pick my dad and apologise to my mum. cheesy

I've never planned for a vacation for one parent and leave out the other. Doesn't even seem right.

The only time I notice children siding with their mother is when the father was a monster to his wife, and sometimes children.

Children are not stupid. They notice when their mother is in severe pains because of one man's "polygamous nature".
They notice when she's enveloped in sadness any time her "polygamous-by-nature" husband goes out when he wants to speak on the phone.
They notice when the "naturally polygamous" parent never slept at home.
They notice violence, they notice emotional abuse, they notice the silent treatment, they notice that look of disdain and disgust the "polygamous", "logical" parent always has when their mother walks into the room.
They notice all that and more, and that's why when they're at that point in their lives where they can afford to pay for trips around the world, it's usually very clear who they'll choose.

There's a lady I worked with who took up a job opportunity in a foreign country because her teenage children encouraged her to leave so she could have peace of mind away from their father. Now imagine such children. Not to justify anything, but who do you think they'll choose to pamper later in life?

Of course that's not to say that wives cannot make their husbands miserable. Some do, and children notice that too. That's why I asked, is there a loving father who's sidelined by his children?

I find it difficult to believe that a man who's been loving to his children and compassionate to his wife, will end up being sidelined by his children later in life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2021
Acidosis:
Why are men complaining about marriage these days? Lol

Y'all caused this nonsense o. The girlfriends you all over pampered back in the days have turned wives! Some of you stole from your parents and lied about school fees to buy gifts for your school girlfriends. So what do y'all expect today?

The idea that one struggling dependant of a broke student should buy gifts for another dependant is the basis of today's trouble. To crown it all, you all accepted the lie of a love language about gifts grin Ndi my love language is gifts grin Who doesn't like gifts in the first place?

At that level, relationships should have been based on pure/undiluted love and nothing else but, with our own hands, we made a mess of the whole love thing with the things of this world.

Beyond this, youths of today need to discard the

Love let alone true love doesn't exist in the world's poverty capital.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Accord which respect. Carry a cross means carrying a load or a burden. If marriage is a load or a burden then that itself is a scam.

What stops you from filing for a divorce and stop making a fuss about marriage being a scam? Where you at anytime pointed a gun with the release clause being marriage?

6 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by baby124: 10:55am On Nov 18, 2021
pansophist:
Their fragile ego can’t take a successful woman or woman they can’t turn to slave. In this day and age they want to be traditional man. When things are so expensive grin

4 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:12am On Nov 18, 2021
baby124:

Their fragile ego can’t take a successful woman or woman they can’t turn to slave. In this day and age they want to be traditional man. When things are so expensive grin

You want traditional marriage , but don't want traditional men shocked. The height of wickedness in my opinion. Why should a man pay a price on your head, and then you flip to woke mode afterwards.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by baby124: 11:16am On Nov 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

You want traditional marriage , but don't want traditional men shocked. The height of wickedness in my opinion. Why should a man pay a price on your head, and then you flip to woke mode afterwards.
Marriage rites are different from wanting a traditional marriage. To marry the woman you desperately wanted, you paid what was asked by her family not her! You do understand she’s not her family right? Plus you were not forced by them to marry her, so who are you trying to degrade with traditional marriage talk? If she refuses to complete all marriage rights, na you go still insult am that her family don’t rate her.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:20am On Nov 18, 2021
baby124:

Marriage rites are different from wanting a traditional marriage. To marry the woman you desperately wanted, you paid what was asked by her family not her! You do understand she’s not her family right? Plus you were not forced by them to marry her, so who are you trying to degrade with traditional marriage talk? If she refuses to complete all marriage rights, na you go still insult am that her family don’t rate her.

Not much time to exchange words. All the best

Over and out

7 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

Love let alone true love doesn't exist in the world's poverty capital.

Very rare to find true love from a woman. When there was no money I no see woman, when the money came, I had so many "kind" girls forming love. If woman fit leave her man collect apple from serpent wey she no know, then what a woman cannot do does not exist.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? / Is There A Limit To Making Love To One's Wife? / Place Your Kids Ahead Technologically. This Tablet Has Over 100 Educational Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.