Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. (58585 Views)

My Wife Has Been Wearing My Shirts / My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me / 'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by emmaodet: 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
pocohantas:

Love is never enough. For a logical gender, I wonder why you guys haven’t made peace with this. Women have what they expect of their men, just as you have yours. Please enough of these wailings, you know what your partners want, do it. Provide, knack them, make their meals, keep in shape.

If your partner decides to induce high bp and depression, run. This thing no hard.

Hmmmmm
You are right though.
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Poleski: 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
habsydiamond:
Uncle the best way of bringing peace to ur home is by gaining ur position back as the head of the family.... When women are put in such position they can't handle it cos they were not made to be so.. That's for married couples oo.. Try getting a job or go into business that will give u an edge over her... With that u will have ur home back... If not oga u never see anything ooo...

That's BS! A woman can handle any situation, that's why there are a lot of women who're CEOs,GMs of large companies! Many women today are bread winners!

The problem the guy has, I believe, is that he probably married a gold-digger. Gold-diggers' attitudes always change when their source of money dries up. And he also probably had little or no courtship with her before marriage. Bad women find it extremely hard to hide their bad sides in a long courtship. That's why long courtship is recommended!

My wife earns more than me at this moment due to issues my previous workplace had. I'm still the head of family and she still behaves the way she has always done when I earned more than her. This is how a real woman who loves her husband behaves. And we courted long enough to better know each other before we jumped into marriage.

Nowadays boys and girls are always in a hurry to marry!! That's why there are more broken homes today!

3 Likes

Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by habsydiamond(m): 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
Poleski:

That's BS! A woman can handle any situation, that's why there are a lot of women who're CEOs,GMs of large companies! Many women today are bread winners!

The problem the guy has, I believe, is that he probably married a gold-digger. Gold-diggers' attitudes always change when their source of money dries up. And he also probably had little or no courtship with her before marriage. Bad women find it extremely hard to hide their bad sides in a long courtship. That's why long courtship is recommended!

My wife earns more than me at this moment due to issues my previous workplace had. I'm still the head of family and she still behaves the way she has always done when I earned more than her. This is how a real woman who loves her husband behaves. And we courted long enough to better know each other before we jumped into marriage.

Nowadays boys and girls are always in a hurry to marry!! That's why there are more broken homes today!
that's was why I said not all women. Most of them have that kind of attitude... The attitude remain hidden because the husband is doing well as the provider. Bros.. Ur case Is different to the op's own ooo.. U are still bringing something to the table unlike the op who is not bringing any
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by nedekid: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
maak400:
This is the sad story of every married man who lost his job or means of livelihood. When a man is financially stable and providing every need of his wife and kids, he'll experience love and affection from his wife because her needs were met, but once there's an unfortunate turn of events, the man will suffer all manner of mental abuse and emotional torture from the once loving wife. This is why many men are scared of marriage. Love na scam.
Bros, my madam is the administrator of a school, you need to hear what women (parents) and female teachers say. Once there is delay in school fees payment etc you hear how they run down their husbands. That he is doing nothing, only her works to feed the house, pay school fees, medical etc. Haba. These are men that have been running things ohh, just because of little setback and for once ever wife pays part of the fees, they run down and rubbish their hubbies.
My question to wify, when they are comfortable telling you this, what is your own contribution to the conversation undecided shocked
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by usmexy1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
There is nothing childish here,I am just enlightening you what is emanating in our contemporary relationship lifestyle. She pays the rent and feed the family with the scanty opportunity given to women in Nigeria. Any woman who is rich in Nigeria generate his wealth through having affair with different rich men.
E.g Genevieve and Atiku, funke akindele married one polygamy rich man before he marry Jjc, check the foreign lady who bought property through aliko dangote, these are overt cases we were lucky to know,what about the one we don't know...

Judybash93:

Sir!!! You're encouraging childishness in these women with your write-up. As adults, men and women should be able to support each other especially when it comes to relationships but unfortunately reverse is the case
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by ABBOLAJJI81: 5:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sure!..finance is the bedrock of every marriage
Pray not to loose your job or business...
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
pocohantas:

Love is never enough. For a logical gender, I wonder why you guys haven’t made peace with this. Women have what they expect of their men, just as you have yours. Please enough of these wailings, you know what your partners want, do it. Provide, knack them, make their meals, keep in shape.

If your partner decides to induce high bp and depression, run. This thing no hard.

What about women that can't give birth, what should their husbands do?
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by pocohantas(f): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
theForth:

What about women that can't give birth, what should their husbands do?

He is free to do whatever he wishes, like they have been doing over the years. wink
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
pocohantas:

He is free to do whatever he wishes, like they have been doing over the years. wink

Good. At least you aren't partial.
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Munzy14(m): 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mariangeles:

O nwere ihe mmadu na agahu agutafu na forum a? Ike gwuru o!
Ndidi ka e ji a no nga o.
O wu nu ya.
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by isaiah4life(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sir, you are so on point. More power to your elbow.

nedekid:

Bros, my madam is the administrator of a school, you need to hear what women (parents) and female teachers say. Once there is delay in school fees payment etc you hear how they run down their husbands. That he is doing nothing, only her works to feed the house, pay school fees, medical etc. Haba. These are men that have been running things ohh, just because of little setback and for once ever wife pays part of the fees, they run down and rubbish their hubbies.
My question to wify, when they are comfortable telling you this, what is your own contribution to the conversation undecided shocked

1 Like

Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by manchyme: 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
abobote:
The earlier we realise that nothing like love, but interest the better for us. Some people thinks their wife love or married them coz of love, my brother, nothing like that. Life generally is all about interest. As a man if you are not bringing money, you are useless to that your wife.
Few days ago my wife stopped talking to me, cos she felt offended over a conversation and she demands I apologise, but I don't know how to say sorry, so she stopped talking to me, after two days, I just dropped 10k on her account without any instruction, since then, she has been calling me baby, what is the money for . Bros, you can only husle to regain back your position as head of the family

E be things
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by jornwhite: 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hathor5:

I am sorry your wife uttered those hurtful words but try to understand where they are coming from.

She is probably stressed and worried that her income won't be able to sustain you and your family and she simply lost her cool.

Was it right? No! But it is understandable once you see what motivated her to behave like this.

And I am pretty sure that she does not even mean it the way she said it.

Don't listen to NL boys. Many of them commenting here still live with their mama and papa.

Try not to take it so personal. I know it is difficult because a man's ego suffers a lot when he loses his job and she hit a nerve on top of that but it is not because you are bad or because she does not love you. It's fear and worries driving her. Her own weakness.

I think she and every other women that exhibit such characters know what they are doing n meant it ... hence why sometimes you see such women advance to man friend or move out, its only a matter of time n how hopeless the situation looks.
i think Women should do better, beyond citing "weakness" as justification, it is becoming more of a lifestyle
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by KarinaLove(f): 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
dokyOloye:

Totally offpoint.
Little wonder they call some of you chicken brain

Feeling Guilty...We can tell.

Next time, try to know there is something called "Read Between The Lines". English Comprehension is a Skill. Oh...I forgot. Chicken Brains like you don't have it.
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by KarinaLove(f): 12:04am On Nov 21, 2021
zanshi:

This is a daft comment

Even if you help people dosen't gurantee they would help you back, people only retun the gesture if they have moved to help you.

And he could be mid level staff who is just paid to do his job and may not have that lobbying power.

I wish you luck in your job hunt by the way.

Read what you wrote again to yourself with all honesty.

Daft Commenters like you always want to be noticed by rushing to type without thinking things through. It's just sad darling.

I wish you luck in your battle to be noticed darling.
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by jornwhite: 12:17am On Nov 21, 2021
pocohantas:

How about people adding a coma at the back of such expectations by simply paying cognisance to reality that we as humans have uncontrollables factors to contend with and If only couples can act reasonably esp. when such uncontrollable factors are out to play ...maybe no one will have to run, how about putting heads together, maybe women chose nagging because they lack sumtin upstair to contribute undecided

Behind a successful man there is a woman and behind that failed man there is also a woman ... if HE is failing SHE aint doing sumtin rite neither.
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Dshocker(m): 8:56am On Nov 21, 2021
Denvacandy:
We got married in 2018 and things where going smooth, i was working with a company in port harcourt and i can bodly say i was very okay, taking flight is not an issue.

When she wanted to give birth to our first child, it was through CS and i paid every damn bills amounting to 500k or so.

We moved down to ogun state and i was taking flight monthly to see her from port harcourt.

Fast forward to 2020, the comapny fold up and i lost my job, i came down to ogun fully with my wife and everything went down, feeding was hard and my savings is drying up.

You know how woman do and how to satisfy them so my savings eventually dried up and the reality was down.

She applied for a teaching job at govt school and she got employed and i was always at home.

Do she was supportive but its didnt took long when she changed and started treating me badly.

I was so sad the day she utter all terirble words to me, on how have not been a good husband and how i have not been dropping money for food and co.

how i have not been taking care of her, i almost moved to tears and i refused to eat her food for some period, i was being supported by a street friend.

How can someone you have sacrificed so much for all of a sudden change and bring out thier true color.

My brother your wife is not wicked,na so women generally be
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Hakeem3(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2021
habsydiamond:
Uncle the best way of bringing peace to ur home is by gaining ur position back as the head of the family.... When women are put in such position they can't handle it cos they were not made to be so.. That's for married couples oo.. Try getting a job or go into business that will give u an edge over her... With that u will have ur home back... If not oga u never see anything ooo...

Regardless, it is so heartbreaking seeing the one you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with, someone whom according to the Op has allegedly sacrificed so much for now turn their back on you because things are currently not on ur favor? For me it breaks trust and reduces love. Is this what the for better for worse Vow is all about? Am beginning to think marriage these days self is overrated..
Guy man just pray to God to see you out of this current phase you are facing. It’s well with us all.

1 Like

Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Poleski: 3:53am On Nov 22, 2021
habsydiamond:
that's was why I said not all women. Most of them have that kind of attitude... The attitude remain hidden because the husband is doing well as the provider. Bros.. Ur case Is different to the op's own ooo.. U are still bringing something to the table unlike the op who is not bringing any

When I left my previous job, I spent a whole year jobless before I got the another job. During that time, my wife didn't disrespect me in anyway, in fact, she did things to make me happy which helped me throughout my jobless period. I'm so proud of her and I'm so lucky to have her as my life partner. She's my world.
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by habsydiamond(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Poleski:

When I left my previous job, I spent a whole year jobless before I got the another job. During that time, my wife didn't disrespect me in anyway, in fact, she did things to make me happy which helped me throughout my jobless period. I'm so proud of her and I'm so lucky to have her as my life partner. She's my world.
u are lucky to have married a woman with good heart... What u just talked about was what caused emotional trauma in some people's lives oo

1 Like

Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Hassanmaye(m): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2021
Olayetan:
You were spending your savings till you spent everything and you were depending on your wife's salary to keep up, i will blame you for not being man up, you could have looked for something to start up with that savings so as to be making little till you get back on your feet.

I'm also facing similar with my fiancée but I'm definitely cutting the relationship cux it has shown, she's only being caring when there's money.
Why women like this very ungrateful gender that's why no stupid should come and disturb us with marriage we want to remain single
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Hassanmaye(m): 8:29am On Nov 27, 2021
femiasaolu2014:
The value of a man lies in his ability to provide.

The only people who will ever receive true, unconditional love are women, children, and pets.

So that serpentine female serenading you with the "I love you" song is like the Sirens trying to lure the Argonauts to their certain death.

So don't be deceived, she doesn't love you but your pocket.

This is why I see nothing wrong in having many partners, smashing anyone of them, breaking hearts, chopping and cleaning mouth etc.

Women are by nature hypergamous and therefore more pragmatic than men.

As a man, your mantra should be: Na mumu dey love
Your last statement has said it all but unfortunately we have mumu men that believe in love
Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Magnoliaa(f): 10:40am On Nov 28, 2021
Beloved4:

Hmmm good question.

It simply shows people tend to hide their flaws when they complain about their partners. They don't tell the full story.

It remains best to hear from both sides.

Have I satisfied your inquisition?

It's how you try to portray yourself as someone who is rational and objective and knowledgeable for me. When you're everything but.

Awon eyan split personalities.

I was right. A perv + woman wrapper. It's not your kind of men I like, sorry... the fact that it drives you wild just getting a response from ANY lady at all is one turn off.

You have made very derogatory and shaming comments against women. You know I'm a feminist. So wtff is your attitude about me for??

Oh. You think I'm a sensible and a different feminist from others abi?

I'll show you just how much I am like the other feminists and women you castigate.

Imagine. Shame women on your other moniker, come to form padi padi with them on this one. Oloshi. And in your wildest imagination, you think I'm someone you can relate with?

Oya, respond too, like the animal on heat that you are. It must be such an orgasmic feeling to see I'm paying attention to you, right?

You're even following the redpill sensei of Nairaland, yet you're acting like a thirsty coćk after me, na curse?

Re: The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. by Walatip397(m): 8:34am On Dec 15, 2021
I wish every man could read this comment.
Truth is bitter
abobote:
The earlier we realise that nothing like love, but interest the better for us. Some people thinks their wife love or married them coz of love, my brother, nothing like that. Life generally is all about interest. As a man if you are not bringing money, you are useless to that your wife.
Few days ago my wife stopped talking to me, cos she felt offended over a conversation and she demands I apologise, but I don't know how to say sorry, so she stopped talking to me, after two days, I just dropped 10k on her account without any instruction, since then, she has been calling me baby, what is the money for . Bros, you can only husle to regain back your position as head of the family

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Funny Letter Of Husband To Wife About Their Sex Life And Wife's Response / 25-Year-Old Mother Of 9 And Her Cute Kids (Photos) / Woman Is Left Close To Tears After Pals Fail To Show Up For Planned Dinner( Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.