Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs (31369 Views)

Thief Caught 8 Months After He Stole Phone & Withdrew N500K From Victim Account / Someone Stole My Phone But I Got His Number From Gmail How Do I Go About It / Someone Withdrew Over 100k From My Account. I Am Depressed Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by TheMostComplex1: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Are you this stupid and daft? Like they can’t remove my sim and put on another phone? You’re really an empty garden please stop derailing my topic till brainy ones bring up an idea

Requiring my transaction password? Did you not read the part I told you they could reset my transaction pin via sms according to what the banker told me

Does her response require insults? Why are we Nigerians always angry?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by toujurs: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
EmptyGarden:

They would still need access to your phone to use USSD, and even USSD transactions require passwords.
Oga please shut up. You just sounded so ignorant, after the poster explanation. Please just shut it. To even see you laugh over another predicament shows how stupid you can be. I have observed alot on this forum. Alot of people here are so dumb, it seem this forum is for the poor and frustrated.

4 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Zino1011(m): 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Give him some time to clear my hard earned money? Really lol it’s all cruise till it happens to you or someone dear to you
some people can be quite annoying.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by wink2015(m): 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
BAD NEWS ARE REALLY HAPPENING TO PEOPLE.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by jaeyking(m): 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
olola4:
Never activate an ATM card or activate USSD for the Bank Account where you have huge funds

What happened to ops can happen to anyone, that is why you should only have the money you can loose in the bank account associated with your ATM and USSD

This is the comment I have been looking for
Times I ave always told my friends always have 2 account.
One for spending and the other for savings.
Your savings account should never have an ATM or be ussd active.
That's the little way u can be safe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Olayetan(m): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:
Good evening all I’m gonna make this very brief plz I need help

Someone stole my phone this morning and within 3hrs i opened my bank app only to realize they’ve taken over 180k from my account with the bank description of “intrabank charges”

I called UBA immediately and still went to their branch they got my account frozen with the account where the money was transferred to because it’s also a UBA account

I’ve written the letter they asked me to write and they said they’ll get back to me within 5 working days

Now since there’s a valid recipient account where the money was transferred to is there no way I can catch the culprit with help of the police? My iPhone 11promax of barely 6months gone with money

I had to call MTN too to block my SIM

Please is it possible to get the person tracked and arrested

Modes please move to front page Lemme know my next action thanks

NB: both my account and fraudsters account where he sent the money to has been frozen by UBA because we use same bank

Very easy with the help of police since you have the recipient account details.

Just go and make formal complaints at police close to where the incident happens or goto area F in ikeja, they will fetch the person out.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by lookingfly: 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
olola4:
Never activate an ATM card or activate USSD for the Bank Account where you have huge funds

What happened to ops can happen to anyone, that is why you should only have the money you can loose in the bank account associated with your ATM and USSD
for me, my account that has ATM is empty on default. I only transfer to it when i want to withdraw.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by eyinola: 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:
Good evening all I’m gonna make this very brief plz I need help

Someone stole my phone this morning and within 3hrs i opened my bank app only to realize they’ve taken over 180k from my account with the bank description of “intrabank charges”

I called UBA immediately and still went to their branch they got my account frozen with the account where the money was transferred to because it’s also a UBA account

I’ve written the letter they asked me to write and they said they’ll get back to me within 5 working days

Now since there’s a valid recipient account where the money was transferred to is there no way I can catch the culprit with help of the police? My iPhone 11promax of barely 6months gone with money

I had to call MTN too to block my SIM

Please is it possible to get the person tracked and arrested

Modes please move to front page Lemme know my next action thanks

NB: both my account and fraudsters account where he sent the money to has been frozen by UBA because we use same bank
it happens to my last year , I was told to write a letter and believe me they did nothing abt it, the thief transferred to 3 different bank accts but all zenith bank could tell me was that it's always hard to trace that it could be an innocent pos operator's acct name, they go to pos to transfter to them and collect cash from them
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Dja1(m): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
You should be able to track your phone with the help of Find My Iphone on any other iPhone bro
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by EmptyGarden(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Are you this stupid and daft? Like they can’t remove my sim and put on another phone? You’re really an empty garden please stop derailing my topic till brainy ones bring up an idea

Requiring my transaction password? Did you not read the part I told you they could reset my transaction pin via sms according to what the banker told me
Dear wise one, if you had blocked your sim the minute it happened, or activated your SIM pin, your money for still dey your account sha... Your lies are catching up with you really quickly... IPhone 11 my foot! Who dash monkey banana. You hear story inside bus and decide to claim the misfortune. Nama!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by bragamycin: 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
In my honest response to u , I will say , pls stop trying to sound intelligent
GenAbacha:
Ah.

Sorry to say bro but I think you were careless.

You know why?

Okay I’ll tell you why.

1) You have an iphone and you did not put a passcode or facelock or both. There is no way in this lifetime that your iphone, with all these set up, will get hacked or opened by anyone.

2) You did not set a pincode on your sim card. Even if you had secured your phone, putting your sim card in another phone would have rendered it useless.

3) What sort of tech department does UBA have that someone, a random person can just open their bank app and transfer money?

Did you not set a password or face id for accessing the app? After that did you not set a transaction pin for completing transactions?

Even if they managed to get your iphone without security locks and decide to reset your password and pins, did you not set security questions? I think Kuda even has a separate transaction pin for resetting all these deets.

Even resetting your USSD pin these days require you to answer security questions.

Lastly, your iphone got stolen and you did not quickly access Find My Iphone from the nearest computer to render the phone useless?

Nawa o op.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by GenAbacha(m): 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
bragamycin:
In my honest response to u , I will say , pls stop trying to sound intelligent

If you can’t assimilate my post, move on to a more dumbed down post and read up.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by marsup: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
How did the person know your app log in details, and also the transfer pin?
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by felixawe(m): 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
This' why both sim card pin & phone lock code of minimum of 20 alphanumeric password is necessary.
So long, the money goes to a particular account.... Be sure of your money, if na pos operator , he will cough to provide the Yahoo boy... Tho, the thief might be breach beat security by removing your sim & inserting it into another phone
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by TheMostComplex1: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
Bro sorry for the loss of your phone
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by EmptyGarden(m): 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
toujurs:
Oga please shut up. You just sounded so ignorant, after the poster explanation. Please just shut it. To even see you laugh over another predicament shows how stupid you can be. I have observed alot on this forum. Alot of people here are so dumb, it seem this forum is for the poor and frustrated.
You dey learn how to sound smart and upset abi? Fool. Na miscreants like you fit believe any story hook, line and sinker. Nobody steal shit! That guy no fit buy 3310.

3 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by sammirano: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Secure your sim. Na lie
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by TheWolfen(m): 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Great idea.
Thank you!

dominique:
Put a sim lock on your phones especially the one that receives alert. This is getting too rampant. If asked for pin, use the default pin that comes with every sim pack. For MTN it's 00000, for AIRTEL it is 1111, for 9mobile it is 0000, for GLO it is 0000. The thief will try to gain access to the sim without success and PUK number will be required, if the PUK is attempted up to 10 times, the sim is automatically blocked. Phone lock is not enough anymore
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by nedekid: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

They didn’t open my phone I guess they did all via USSD, I never thought this could be possible till the banker told me they would reset my password via sms. The stolen phone didn’t have my bank app on it either
Time and time again, we have been advised on this forum to put a password on our sim cards so if your phone is stolen and your sim removed and placed in another phone, they cannot access your sim details neither can they carry out any ussd transaction.
But as usual people not to take advise but rather spend more time, cost, discomfort reacting when the preventable occurs.
Hopefully you will get your money back.

3 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by taylor89(m): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
Olayetan:

Very easy with the help of police since you have the recipient account details.

Just go and make formal complaints at police close to where the incident happens or goto area F in ikeja, they will fetch the person out.

Lol this same area F? The guy I bought the phone from gave me an inspector number at area F to call him that he will get my phone and money asap I’ll call the inspector this evening
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by hardon1(m): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

They didn’t open my phone I guess they did all via USSD, I never thought this could be possible till the banker told me they would reset my password via sms. The stolen phone didn’t have my bank app on it either

How would they reset your password without knowing the previous one, u no sire say na person wey know you plan the theft?

Else your story doesn't add up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by bremo(m): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
Since the transferred cash is still within UBA, the account owner should be questioned to know if he/she is involved in the transaction. You can also track your phone to its last known location if such was enabled on your phone.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Moony45: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
Same money you cannot help those begging for 500naira here on nairaland with
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
EmptyGarden:

Your hard earned money and you had to wait for 3 hours to do the needful? Moreover, shouldn't your bank app or phone be password-protected? I use thumb print on mine for instance.... So the question is, how did they do it? Well, password or not, the first thing I'd do is block my SIM and that shouldn't take 3 hours.
Just get lost from this thread!!!!
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Olayetan(m): 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Lol this same area F? The guy I bought the phone from gave me an inspector number at area F to call him that he will get my phone and money asap I’ll call the inspector this evening

This case is different, you have a lead here and that's the recipient of the transaction done on your account, all they will do is reach out to your bank to get full details of the person so they can swift into action.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by whatmoreng: 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
dominique:
Put a sim lock on your phones especially the one that receives alert. This is getting too rampant. If asked for pin, use the default pin that comes with every sim pack. For MTN it's 00000, for AIRTEL it is 1111, for 9mobile it is 0000, for GLO it is 0000. The thief will try to gain access to the sim without success and PUK number will be required, if the PUK is attempted up to 10 times, the sim is automatically blocked. Phone lock is not enough anymore

00000 to my mtn says"the number you call does not exist ". Besides, my line is very old. Cant even remember my pin or puk. I have to enable this extra sim security
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by gassbee: 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
babadee1:

Once your phone is stolen pls freeze your account immediately. Within an hour the thief can empty your account. Yours even took three hours.
how do u freeze ur account without ur phone
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by West2019(m): 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
Dclique:
Don't just lock your phone put a PIN code on your SIM aka SIM lock.
oil the your head
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by EmptyGarden(m): 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Thank God say no be only you get bank account o. I too had done a reset once on my ussd transaction pin... It required my DOB. Or they got that from your phone too? Find sleep sleep and pray it never actually happens to you.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by EmptyGarden(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
BecaciaBarbie:

Just get lost from this thread!!!!
So you're the girlfriend? Nice.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by toujurs: 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
EmptyGarden:

You dey learn how to sound smart and upset abi? Fool. Na miscreants like you fit believe any story hook, line and sinker. Nobody steal shit! That guy no fit buy 3310.
Mr man, i see no reason why anyone would open a thread to complain how his phone falsely got stolen, Mind how you doubt people complaints. So you don't end up in a worst situation while people laugh at you. This forum seem to be for the locals.

1 Like

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Abdul9025(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
UBA try sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mother Dumps New-born Baby Inside The Gutter And Takes Off (photo) / About To Be Initiated Cultists Arrested In Benue By Soldiers (Photos) / Suspected Ritualist Paraded In Nekede, Imo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.